She murdered Tuvix in cold blood.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can go on for a long time but sooner or later god is gonna cut you down
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14294/FB_IMG_1650665743136_jpg-2358194.JPG

Justice for Tuvix

What did Cpt Janeway do?

Vulcans have green blood but they’re still warm-blooded.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]

They should have done more of that in Farscape as opposed to all that. "Oh I am an alien life form. I'm so much smarter than you, la de dah Dee dah!" Shit that show was.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should have done more of that in Farscape as opposed to all that. "Oh I am an alien life form. I'm so much smarter than you, la de dah Dee dah!" Shit that show was.

You are dead to me.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1715/10605CE3-0D35-46FE-9709-2F6FE10C3D86-1108231.gif
Claudia Black was the only thing that made that puppet show watchable

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14294/daf389ca6738cda7ca5949f805cdc29a_jpg-2368017.JPG
View Quote

Go back and watch "puppet show"

Go back and watch the blockbuster hit with cutting edge special effects that would change the world "Star Wars: Phantom Menace"

Which held up?

I rest my case.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Go back and watch the blockbuster hit with cutting edge special effects that would change the world "Star Wars: Phantom Menace"

Which held up?

I rest my case.
View Quote

Phantom Menace was written and directed by a guy who CLEARLY needed someone to tell him, "no that's stupid!" from time to time.

As for Farscape, it was the writing and world building that really torpedoed that show for me. I can tolerate some silly special effects but they were trying way too hard to be edgy on that show. I mean you have a scene where an alien bounty hunters heart explodes and he treats it as, "tis only a flesh wound."

"Um, no dude. Your heart exploded. You are fucking dead."

Stargate SG1 - Star Trek & Farscape Parody (10-6)
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:13:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't know about Voyager, but TNG was dropped a few weeks ago.

I'm sure Paramount is dropping everything they own off of other streaming services as soon as their contracts expire.

A shame, because I often throw an episode of Trek on the tube if I want something on in the background while working around the house, and I don't see myself signing up for Paramount+ anytime soon.
View Quote

The Star Trek channel on Pluto.tv normally runs TNG episodes.  Free to watch with commercials.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:13:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In this thread we pay homage to our friend Tuvix, who after only being alive for a short time, is destined to be senselessly murdered 350 years from now.  Good bye Tuvix, you were worth 2 Tuvok's and at least 7 Neelix's.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/154626/823C74BF-B460-42F7-AC50-8CB779CC5785_jpe-2352942.JPG
View Quote
. I hated Neelix, but goddamn if he isn't memorable. My wife and I were watching "Critters" and I see the cop and go "holy shit, it's Neelix" my wife of course had no idea what I was talking about. My favorite Voyager saga was the one where the knock-off predator species set the holodeck to the Nazi simulation in order to hunt the crew.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Kes was the worst, by far
View Quote

The actress that portrayed her was pretty problematic in real life ....

"Between 2015 and 2018, Lien was arrested and charged with a variety of offenses,[17][18][19] several of which were later dropped.[20][21] The court eventually ordered her to undergo mental health treatment.[22]"

Jennifer Lien
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:24:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Which held up?

I rest my case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14294/daf389ca6738cda7ca5949f805cdc29a_jpg-2368017.JPG

Which held up?

I rest my case.
LOL
Where the hell did I say the SW prequels were good ?
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 1:03:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The actress that portrayed her was pretty problematic in real life ....

"Between 2015 and 2018, Lien was arrested and charged with a variety of offenses,[17][18][19] several of which were later dropped.[20][21] The court eventually ordered her to undergo mental health treatment.[22]"

Jennifer Lien
View Quote

She basically went nuts and has mental health problems.  If it wasn't due to drug abuse, it just makes me feel sorry for her.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#13]
We're getting off track, MORE TUVIX MEMES!

I can't believe people are still talking about this 25 years later -

https://www.polygon.com/22586158/tuvix-star-trek-memes-voyager-janeway-debate

https://gamerdigest.org/the-story-of-tuvix-the-endlessly-debatable-star-trek-meme-king/

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lol. Ok, was the actress that played her actually arrested?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can go on for a long time but sooner or later god is gonna cut you down
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14294/FB_IMG_1650665743136_jpg-2358194.JPG

Justice for Tuvix

What did Cpt Janeway do?

Lol. Ok, was the actress that played her actually arrested?

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Additional research.
That Time Janeway Absolutely Destroyed Tuvix (Voyager) (Manic Episodes)
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

lol, Neelix holding a copy of Lolita.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:18:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Should be the shocker instead of the spocker.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Should be the shocker instead of the spocker.
View Quote

The Shocker would be illogical.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Hadn't seen that one.

"Come in, Ensign Lefler.  I understand you're applying for the position opening up on Alpha Shift.  Please have a seat, and we'll discuss positions and opening up."
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm re-watching DS9, and I just watched the episode where Sisko and crew snuck into a Klingon ceremony disguised as Klingons to test whether Gowron was a changeling.  During an award ceremony, Gowron was handing out medals and saying to everyone "Glory to you and your House" over and over again.  I assume this scene is the source of about half the Gowron memes out there.  Kinda ruined the mood when I started laughing at what was supposed to be a serious scene.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#25]
You guys should spread out. One Nerd Grenade® could take out ARF's whole supply.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Janeway was not my favorite Captian, but she held her own in a Star Trek story where the show seemed to follow a different set of rules. Overall it was not a bad show compared to recent crap.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You guys should spread out. One Nerd Grenade® could take out ARF's whole supply.
View Quote

We're geeks, ackshooally.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#28]
If you want some interesting entertainment, Google The Secret Logs of Mistress Janeway.  

Harry's a natural bottom.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Janeway was not my favorite Captian, but she held her own in a Star Trek story where the show seemed to follow a different set of rules. Overall it was not a bad show compared to recent crap.
View Quote

She was the absolute worst. She followed a different set of rules, but presented herself as the beacon of Federation enlightenment in the Delta Sector. Meanwhile she was actually a sociopathic genocidal megalomaniac. The fact that she goes back to Starfleet command and isn't immediately court-martialed once they review the Voyager's logs is a travesty.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys should spread out. One Nerd Grenade could take out ARF's whole supply.

We're geeks, ackshooally.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56879/Geeks-vs-Nerds-vs-Dorks_jpg-2379769.JPG
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

She was the absolute worst. She followed a different set of rules, but presented herself as the beacon of Federation enlightenment in the Delta Sector. Meanwhile she was actually a sociopathic genocidal megalomaniac. The fact that she goes back to Starfleet command and isn't immediately court-martialed once they review the Voyager's logs is a travesty.
View Quote

They made her an admiral. It seems to be some kind of rule in that universe that all Federation Admirals are criminals of some sort.

Though I think there were a couple of exceptions. Kirk was an admiral for awhile. Then they busted him back down to captain.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm re-watching DS9, and I just watched the episode where Sisko and crew snuck into a Klingon ceremony disguised as Klingons to test whether Gowron was a changeling.  During an award ceremony, Gowron was handing out medals and saying to everyone "Glory to you and your House" over and over again.  I assume this scene is the source of about half the Gowron memes out there.  Kinda ruined the mood when I started laughing at what was supposed to be a serious scene.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/Gew8DIp.png

Yep.  That's always the first one that comes to mind.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They made her an admiral. It seems to be some kind of rule in that universe that all Federation Admirals are criminals of some sort.

Though I think there were a couple of exceptions. Kirk was an admiral for awhile. Then they busted him back down to captain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Federation are masters of propaganda.  They claim to be enlightened, but if you look closer it's obvious Section 31 actually runs everything.  Sure, they let the general public do their own thing, but when the going gets tough the Fed magically has exactly whatever's needed to win.  Sisko and Admiral Ross from DS9 were definitely Section 31.  I don't think Picard was, but Riker probably was and Picard's minder.  Remember that Riker was part of the Pegasus cloaking device crew.  My personal head canon is Janeway and Chakotay both were but didn't know the other was.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, they went with the corrupt/misguided admiral storyline too often.  A couple here and there would have been okay, but they started to make Starfleet look pretty bad.  Especially in TNG.

DS9 backed off some. Of course, with DS9 being more remote, especially early in the series, you didn't see nearly as many admirals in the show.
Admiral Layton is the only bad one that really comes to mind, with Admiral Ross having dabbled in it a little, but being solid most of the time.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah, they went with the corrupt/misguided admiral storyline too often.  A couple here and there would have been okay, but they started to make Starfleet look pretty bad.  Especially in TNG.

DS9 backed off some. Of course, with DS9 being more remote, especially early in the series, you didn't see nearly as many admirals in the show.
Admiral Layton is the only bad one that really comes to mind, with Admiral Ross having dabbled in it a little, but being solid most of the time.
View Quote

Admiral Necheyev.   Her timidity let the Cardassians recover, rearm, and ultimately roll out the red carpet for a Dominion foothold in the Alpha quadrant.   She got billions of people killed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:44:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You guys should spread out. One Nerd Grenade could take out ARF's whole supply.
View Quote
LOL I used to be a manager at Hobbytown , that was my go to line with the HS aged part timers  "If one grenade can wipe out the whole staff we have problem , go dust and face product"
Considering they all pretty much lived to play MTG Warcraft or Heroclix, yeah it would have been a nerd grenade
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:55:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 1:52:32 AM EDT
[#43]
On to some worf memes?

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:27:00 AM EDT
[#44]
A 1000% better premise than Discovery:

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:59:39 AM EDT
[#45]

Which one is trans?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:05:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Which one is trans?
View Quote

Lieutenant-Commander Sulu.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:07:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Intro to In A Mirror Darkly

Best opening to any Star Trek show or movie.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:09:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXw6hC7hxBA
Best opening to any Star Trek show or movie.
View Quote
The best two episodes of enterprise. Pity they went right back to alien nazis afterwards instead of sticking with the mirror universe

I had completely forgotten they even changed the intro for that one
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:28:45 AM EDT
[#49]
I know RedLetter is done with Picard but god I would love to see Rich and Mike become a Mich character if Kurtzman is dumb enough to do a callback/nod to a Tuvix.

"Remember tuvix..."

Maybe they can blend Will Weaton with a pile of shit to if there is any decernable difference.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:44:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Remember the Next Gen episode with the ExoComps?

The inventor chick had a little clitoris on her eyebrows.

I was drinking heavily when I first saw it.

Then the clip jumped to a shot of Jordi and he saw it too...

Gowron watching Jadzia doing the lesbian kiss could make for a good Gowron face meme pic.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top