Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Turning the oven to the highest setting and opening the door, along with lighting all the burners on the stove top to help heat their apartments.  

Ghetto people never say they live at a house or apartment, they say they stay there.  

Wire cages around vending machines.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll never understand people that go out in public like this 5 days a week and then get dressed up on the weekends. The same mother fuckers laughing at your ratchet ass on Monday, are supposed to be impressed Friday night? Same with dudes wearing wave caps 24/7, just to step in the spotlight for a few hours each week. I guess this mentality is what drives people to have a "nice" car, while living in a tar paper shack or the projects. They are trying to impress strangers, rather than those they know.
View Quote

peacockin' be real yo!

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

peacockin' be real yo!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll never understand people that go out in public like this 5 days a week and then get dressed up on the weekends. The same mother fuckers laughing at your ratchet ass on Monday, are supposed to be impressed Friday night? Same with dudes wearing wave caps 24/7, just to step in the spotlight for a few hours each week. I guess this mentality is what drives people to have a "nice" car, while living in a tar paper shack or the projects. They are trying to impress strangers, rather than those they know.

peacockin' be real yo!

Ever been to a player's ball that was some of the funniest shit I've ever witnessed in person
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ever been to a player's ball that was some of the funniest shit I've ever witnessed in person
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

peacockin' be real yo!

Eyes on the floor, bitch.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#5]
“Aw man, these my cuzzins pants” said by nearly 100% of all hood rats I arrested holding dope.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Drive a Chrysler
View Quote
At 95 mph, in the right lane, with a spare donut tire on at least one wheel, and no plates.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Walking in a group and everyone is trying to talk over the other
View Quote

This and try enjoying a movie at the theater
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Obsession with breeds of peace.

Acting hard and then folding when it hits the fan.

Renting a POS place, barely making the lease on a luxury vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Eyes on the floor, bitch.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Run bitch, he gonna kiiiillll you.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tumbleweaves rolling about in the streets
Clapped out European cars with paper 30 days tags
Check cashing places/corner store/seafood joint/barber shop/chicken shack/cell phone store all in the same strip mall all with heavy duty plexiglass windows that can't be seen through
Garbage everywhere
No grass growing anywhere
View Quote
 Crack head sweeping off the sand and gravel yard in OV.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Acting hard and then folding when it hits the fan.

View Quote

I experienced the exact opposite and is why I kept company with certain ones....Then I got in with Mexicans and no folding there. I better shut up now the Patron has me talking more than I should.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Riding rascal scooters around in stores because they are either too fat or lazy to walk, wearing slidez (sandals with socks), slippers and pajama's in stores, glass tubes with a rose, selling single cigarettes, broken hennessy bottles on side of streets, doing the Oakland stop (slamming on the brakes at a stop sign then flooring it) shitty music with bass and license plate rattling, lean.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#14]
GD -- where edgelords become cliff divers.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Being a low count '21er?

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
At 95 mph, in the right lane, with a spare donut tire on at least one wheel, and no plates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drive a Chrysler

...and then screaming racism or profiling when the cops pull them over. Also, you failed to mention the clouds of weed smoke rolling out of the windows.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Riding rascal scooters around in stores because they are either too fat or lazy to walk, wearing slidez (sandals with socks), slippers and pajama's in stores, glass tubes with a rose, selling single cigarettes, broken hennessy bottles on side of streets, doing the Oakland stop (slamming on the brakes at a stop sign then flooring it) shitty music with bass and license plate rattling, lean.
View Quote

You know how much money I made installing and wiring stereo systems in the hood I almost quit my job I was making so much. Speaker boxes I could do it all and for the poors their plates and whole car rattled but the drug dealers had the money to do it right and no rattling just a bunch of lovely bass that has left me damn near deaf I listened to so much of it. God I miss the 90's.

Shit I bought that car I posted above from stereo system installs alone. I'm sure nothing great to people here but that car was nice and the best one in that hood at the time minus the drug dealer's...till they got popped anyway
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Pay phones, if you’re in an are that has pay phones, get out while you can.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/390917/unnamed_jpg-2217907.JPG

I remember this as a kid....I don't figure it's ghetto.

Sounds similar to what you are describing.
View Quote

Those things were AWESOME in my white ass middle class neighborhood
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Another one of those threads by '21 members with no feedback and few posts designed to draw out racist shit and make us look bad.
View Quote

Sounds like you’re giving him a glowing review

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I saw Aliens in the original run in a theater with a predominantly urban, black audience. It turned the movie into a comedy.

"Aw baby no baby don't go in there baby!"

(Xenomorph kills someone.)

"Sheeeit!"
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sprint Boost cell phones

Android phones
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Know what I'm sayin'?
View Quote

numsayn.

FIFY

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#24]
This thread is hilarious.  I love seeing what GD's thoughts on "ghetto" encompass.

I grew up just outside of downtown in a large metropolitan city, in what would be considered a "ghetto area".  Bought my first house for $50K there when I was 21.  Joined the Army to move on, family still all live there.

My perspective on the topic is a little different than the 40+ people here whose claim to fame is thinking that tossing chucks over utility lines is a gang power play.

- Having the police raid the house across the street and sit in front for 12 hours with a spotlight in your windows just because
- having to install a door camera before they were cool to triage the door knocks at 3am asking for cigarettes' or trying to sell you your neighbors stolen shit
- going three blocks out of the way taking the kids to school to avoid the prostitute strip
- getting robbed, shot, and having my skull caved in at 15 walking home
- every friends house you go to you have to check your beer before every sip for roaches and waterbugs
- trying to rent out a house that just had a double murder two doors down
- being late to work multiple times because a bum got hit by a train on your route
- coming home on Christmas eve to people in your house and all your shit gone

It's not all bad though, being able to walk two blocks and hit the local cantina/amateur strip club at 17 had it's plus side.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

numsayn.

FIFY

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Know what I'm sayin'?

numsayn.

FIFY

aiight cuz
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Android phones
View Quote

lol no.

doesnt work, has latest Iphone, no case for it but with a cracked screen and pays for groceries using food stamps
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

numsayn.

FIFY

View Quote

I always liked....What it is "nickname here" What it be "nickname here". I still have a habit of saying it. When I go to my DR in Cincinatti in the inner city I say this and get funny responses and always hear...where do you live it must be around black people. Nah man I live in the sticks but grew up in the bricks in Cleveland
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#28]
what?
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This thread is hilarious.  I love seeing what GD's thoughts on "ghetto" encompass.

I grew up just outside of downtown in a large metropolitan city, in what would be considered a "ghetto area".  Bought my first house for $50K there when I was 21.  Joined the Army to move on, family still all live there.

My perspective on the topic is a little different than the 40+ people here whose claim to fame is thinking that tossing chucks over utility lines is a gang power play.

- Having the police raid the house across the street and sit in front for 12 hours with a spotlight in your windows just because
- having to install a door camera before they were cool to triage the door knocks at 3am asking for cigarettes' or trying to sell you your neighbors stolen shit
- going three blocks out of the way taking the kids to school to avoid the prostitute strip
- getting robbed, shot, and having my skull caved in at 15 walking home
- every friends house you go to you have to check your beer before every sip for roaches and waterbugs
- trying to rent out a house that just had a double murder two doors down
- being late to work multiple times because a bum got hit by a train on your route
- coming home on Christmas eve to people in your house and all your shit gone

It's not all bad though, being able to walk two blocks and hit the local cantina/amateur strip club at 17 had it's plus side.
View Quote

Don't take it personal man, I always laugh reading people's responses to things they have no life experience in because their responses stick out like a sore thumb to those who had to live it. Like I've said in other threads, loved living in the projects and freaking hated it but man it gave me a different kind of smarts and hustle to use when I got in with lily whites who are/was ruthless in business.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You know how much money I made installing and wiring stereo systems in the hood I almost quit my job I was making so much. Speaker boxes I could do it all and for the poors their plates and whole car rattled but the drug dealers had the money to do it right and no rattling just a bunch of lovely bass that has left me damn near deaf I listened to so much of it. God I miss the 90's.

Shit I bought that car I posted above from stereo system installs alone. I'm sure nothing great to people here but that car was nice and the best one in that hood at the time minus the drug dealer's...till they got popped anyway
View Quote

Bingo!  The real Gangsta's knew the value in properly sized and ported boxes and would install Dynamat on the back of their license plates and their trunk.  The 'hood is where you find the best bass shops.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Drive a Chrysler
View Quote

Driving a Chrysler 300, drinking Schlitz malt liquor, smoking Kools while listening to Rick James and carrying a.25auto Jennings in your corduroy bell bottom pants pocket.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Bingo!  The real Gangsta's knew the value in properly sized and ported boxes and would install Dynamat on the back of their license plates and their trunk.  The 'hood is where you find the best bass shops.
View Quote

You're not wrong.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Around here it’s obese whites women buying SCCYs and Tauruses for their babydaddies, paying for them with wads of cash that they pull out of their bras.

Spoiler alert: They get a refund.

The males wear masks because they don’t want to get tagged by cameras as opposed to avoiding the Shanghai Shivers, don’t want to touch any guns, stink like weed, and point out the guns they want to the obese buttergolems they’re having sex with until they inevitably impregnate them and then ghost.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

tumbleweaves blowing down the street from past street fights

View Quote

When I'm travelling for work I always see this in parking lots.  Always get a pic and send it to the wife. Saw two in one day once.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Wear a hoodie all the time. Even when it's 100 degrees out in Texas.

View Quote

Black hoodie. Hood up. In the summer. Seen this a few times.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Stupid white bitches talking in two different dialects depending on what race she is currently talking to
View Quote

Or ugly fat white chicks with skinny black men.  The fat white chicks are always driving the dude around in the car.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

When I'm travelling for work I always see this in parking lots.  Always get a pic and send it to the wife. Saw two in one day once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

tumbleweaves blowing down the street from past street fights

We call them ‘Urban Merkins’.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:45:24 PM EDT
[#38]
The Jesuits had a way of knowing where the most run down parts of the country will be and locating their Universities there.

My Jewish landlord owned the entire city block where we rented a house, not just the one street - but all four.
His cousin owned the next block and another cousin the next one, and so on.

They'd just buy them at pennies when white flight was going on.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Or ugly fat white chicks with skinny black men.  The fat white chicks are always driving the dude around in the car.
View Quote
And pumping the gas
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Buy your milk, bread & cereal at the 7/11 with your EBT. And hold up the line while you wait for yo baby daddy to get back from the beer cooler with his case of Old Milwaukee’s best & pay for it & a couple packs of Newport’s with cash.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Putting beans in chili
View Quote

You are correct sir
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:16:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
 Crack head sweeping off the sand and gravel yard in OV.
View Quote

Good old OV

An eclectic mix of white trash methheads, barrio life, and ghetto.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:18:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Taking shopping cart home like you own them
View Quote

Bubbles?
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm glad I'm not in the city.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Bubbles?
View Quote
You ever blow bubbles as a kid?
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What is up with the Shoes hanging over phone lines?  Who does this and why?
View Quote

It's a marker for where the dealer is at.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drive a Chrysler 300

Fixed it for you.

Trashed Bentley Lyfe
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Another one of those threads by '21 members with no feedback and few posts designed to draw out racist shit and make us look bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a horrible thread.

Pointing out cultural norms that surround different socio economic strata is racist?

Would pointing out those who are in the top 10% tend to be obnoxious and self serving also be racist?

Or is it just an observation based on a plethora of data?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#49]
I watched 2 ( obese) female dependopotomuses take their 2 large sized fast food bags and cups and just drop them on the ground outside their car window while they sat in a empty parking lot.  Lots of vibrancy.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:21:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Steel cage surrounding the a/c units, but the a/c units are missing anyways.  
Store that rents rims and gold chains.  
Buy here, pay here car lot that does tax returns and check cashing.  
View Quote

Riverdale, GA
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top