Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Pro tip - Aldi's has knock-off versions of all the cookies that are very very good...and much cheaper.

I'll go be poor over here...
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Dollar Store has them for $1.00 a box. They are the same company that makes them for the GS. They are just called by a different name but I don't recall what it is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$5 a box here now. But i do enjoy the caramel delights so i always get a few boxes.
The Dollar Store has them for $1.00 a box. They are the same company that makes them for the GS. They are just called by a different name but I don't recall what it is.
@1srelluc made local in the north end of town, but you probably already know that. Here’s the brand to look for at Dollar General.

Link Posted: 2/29/2020 11:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote
The troop gets about $6 for that.  Better off just donating  6 bucks and buying 30 bucks worth of cookies at the store.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pro tip - Aldi's has knock-off versions of all the cookies that are very very good...and much cheaper.

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 1:03:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuck buying them for $6 or $7/box.  Walmart knockoffs taste just as good for like $2 all year round.   All the thin mints, tag alongs and samoas you can stand.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 1:31:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 1:47:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Overpriced trash junk food.
View Quote
Fixed it!
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 2:12:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I do not carry cash at this time of year for this very reason.

Thin mints would be the end of me.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 2:13:05 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.redd.it/rimk9fny8fb21.jpg
ayup
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 2:13:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Had to buy 2 more boxes of thin mints today from the girls outside Safeway. It's the crack they put in them that makes them so good.

Years ago, when I was running an LM dealership, there was a MILF who would load up her daughter and fill a Suburban with GS cookies, and go dealership to dealership here along Hwy 99. She said the car guys were the easiest sales of all...
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 3:28:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Tagalongs.....
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 3:39:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I just crushed a whole box of the S'mores.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 3:50:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Taking a break from arguing to say that these Tagalongs and Thin Mints are awesome.

And like I’m getting older, when I was a kid Girl Scouts wore green berets and green dresses and now they look like casual friday with a stash.

The dad was packing to defend the girls and the money and the cookies.  But it was an M&P so I kinda felt sorry for him.

Probably gonna get more tomorrow. I wish you could order directly but it’s refreshing to see young people doing stuff and parents being involved.
View Quote
You felt sorry for a guy carrying an M&P?
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#14]
My daughter's Troup is selling at Kroger's today.
They did Walmart yesterday and did very well.

I absolutely hate how little money the Troup gets from the sales, but selling cookies is all part of the deal.

My wife is the assistant Troup leader and I am a background checked contributor.

I can't wait to take them somewhere to celebrate all the work they have done selling.

If the fall we took them hiking and taught them basic compass reading and map skills. We also had them make their own trail mix and we taught them about bugs.
It was great! Seeing a bunch of 1st and 2nd grade girls playing with bugs and trying to work a compass is awesome.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I had no idea Alsis and Dollar Store had “sterilized” tagalongs and thin mints.

I mean I don’t mind helping the kids but really... I just need the cookies
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You felt sorry for a guy carrying an M&P?
View Quote
Yes. My heart went out to him. They are terrible.

I wish S&W just made no lock revolvers
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 8:22:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I have three granddaughters that are Girl Scouts.  Grandma can never say no.  I have more boxes of those damn cookies in my house than you could imagine and neither Grandma or I eat them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Below average cookies for a good cause.
View Quote
Those damn Samoa things are like crack cocaine.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 8:36:13 AM EDT
[#19]
my boss is my dealer... he brings them to the office so I don't even have to get accosted in front of Walmart.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Are they made in Mexico yet?
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#21]
We picked up a couple dozen donuts from D&D to fuel the kids and adults coming to work on my son's Eagle project yesterday. Girl Scouts were there. I didn't buy any, but I was thinking that was a good spot. Buy some donuts for now, and some cookies for later. I'm back in keto, so I didn't eat either.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top