User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ballistic helmets can be found fairly cheap as surplus. Or even steel pots.
View Quote
You can get a surplus USGI Kevlar for cheap nowadays.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#2]
It's called a tinfoil hat, Jack.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Check my thread here OP. We have an in-depth, mature and totally not gay conversation about riot gear.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I live in a state where I can carry a gun pretty much everywhere except federal property, so I'm not worried about it.

If they are trying the old padlock in a handkerchief on me, baseball bat, etc, they are gonna get shot. Its that simple.
View Quote
I see this a lot.  Here's the problem.  If you're like most of us, you make definite plans to NOT be around when the riot breaks out.  IF you happen to be around when the riot breaks out, and IF you get caught up in it, it won't be like some Hogan's Alley exercise.The black block fucksticks practice misdirection and back-stabbing.  All the videos I see, a hand snakes out from behind a few other people, and the target gets hit, or sprayed, or (in one case) set on fire.  You'll never see it coming.  Unless you plan on shooting everybody in sight, you'll be at risk.  The best bet is to not be there when it hits the fan.  If you have no choice, if you happen to get caught up in it, on foot, then a skateboard helmet on the head is better than a skateboard upside the temple.  I'm just sayin'.  I don't own a helmet, but I'm thinking about buying one.  It ain't gonna spoil if all it ever does is ride around in my trunk until I'm old, is it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's the gear load out I'm putting together -

Helmet (black)  - Link
Mask & goggles (pepper spray) - Link
Shield - Link
Body Armor - Link
Gloves - Link
Other protection - Link
In case any trucks need their tires checked - Link

I already have some GI boots.  I figure I'll carry this around in a rubbermaid tub in the back of my truck (next to my emergency camping gear and Get Home Bag) just in case I just happen to stumble across some ANTIFA getting frisky.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
The shoulder pads Max wore were Rawlings Crusaders.

http://madmaxcostumes.com/tutorials/how-to-make-maxs-shoulder-pad/
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a $50 snowboarding helmet at Goodwill for like $7.  Looks like new and has the snap out winter components turning it into a summer skateboarding helmet also. I've also seen Hockey/ lacrosse/ Football type gear there before also.  Might be worth a look.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

What's wrong, you got no scrote?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can't picture how I will end up in some skateboard helmets, hockey pads and flag pole fight. I think you end up in those if you show up to a scheduled fight (okay they call them protests but they seem like scheduled jousts).

If a horde of anarchists show up at my house with pepper spray, sticks and wine bottles I'm going to shoot them.

I guess if I was young and lived somewhere like LA I could see investing in some makeshift melee armor
View Quote
and this is why your nom de guerre is Aimless and not Based Stickpenguin.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This is sound advice

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever you do, do not buy one that looks like this-
https://image.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/2/233221_ts.jpg

Just saying...
This is sound advice

I actually have one.
I have a couple dozen assorted helmets.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got a $50 snowboarding helmet at Goodwill for like $7.  Looks like new and has the snap out winter components turning it into a summer skateboarding helmet also. I've also seen Hockey/ lacrosse/ Football type gear there before also.  Might be worth a look.
View Quote
The snow on top of mine is mostly from doing a head plant riding my board down a slightly steeper part of the bunny hill.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So no ballistic body armor?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the gear load out I'm putting together -

Helmet (black)  - Link
Mask & goggles (pepper spray) - Link
Shield - Link
Body Armor - Link
Gloves - Link
Other protection - Link
In case any trucks need their tires checked - Link

I already have some GI boots.  I figure I'll carry this around in a rubbermaid tub in the back of my truck (next to my emergency camping gear and Get Home Bag) just in case I just happen to stumble across some ANTIFA getting frisky.
So no ballistic body armor?
Not from China.  

But check this out - Link

Protects chest, back, shoulders, arms, knees, shins, etc.  It's light weight and ventilated to stay cool.  All for $50.  Throw an M65 jacket over it for stealth.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#14]
lol all you need a MAGA sticker for the front...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Totally different animals.

You need very good suspension to hold up NVG's on a helmet or else you'll be struggling with ocular droop all the time.

If it's just for bottles and rocks, any skateboard helmet will do.
View Quote
a properly-fitted skateboard helmet works fine.

side-to-side movement when turning your head isn't an issue if it fits properly.  recreational helmet manufacturers work harder at fitting and comfort than military manufacturers.  they have to so people will buy them.

and droop is negated by a battery pack or counter weight.

I use a snow boarding helmet and there is no shifting when I turn my head or look up or down, at any speed
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
All you need are two loaves of bread.
View Quote
don't forget the saran wrap
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
their hot dog buns dammit
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How about a full face motorcycle helmet?

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/insanity/28919
View Quote
If some asshole hits my $850 arai with a bike lock or pad lock, everybody better step back, I will hulk out and no one will be safe.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#19]
egypt doesn't hot dogs

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I can't be the only one picturing this?

Or am I going to Hell alone?

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#21]
We need "Bread Head Man" bread type for the proper protection.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://www.amazon.com/Bauer-Helmet-Combo-Black-Medium/dp/?tag=vglnk-c102-20www.amazon.com/dp/B00UT58SZA/ref=lp_3412741_1_1?s=team-sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1492781135&sr=1-1
View Quote
Not recommended for use in a riot. Small projectiles can pass through the safety cage, not to mention pepper spray.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
Been waiting my whole life for an excuse to break out the shoulder pads and leather chaps

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If they are trying the old padlock in a handkerchief on me, baseball bat, etc, they are gonna get shot. Its that simple.
View Quote
Their basic strategy is ambush. They're not going to gradually escalate and give you enough warning to unholster. Check out what the antifa philosophy prof did--as the people in front conducted a distraction he came in from well back, hit the guy on the head, and then ran back into the crowd as they closed up behind him. They're not going to stand and fight after whacking you, either.  Their protests are designed to conduct a potentially crippling or lethal attack without warning, then run away before you can respond.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top