Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow the perfect pistols aren't innovating that's weird.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Because a pistol is just there until you can get to a functioning rifle.

It does not have to be innovative, just reliable; ala glock.
View Quote

That trope is about as lame as "the sound of a shotgun being racked".
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Waiting for Gen 5  upgrades to the 45 Auto line
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sig, Smith, pretty much everyone else gets more capacity in the same sized just as reliable package.
View Quote

Sure, using thinner metal and increasing length with extensions. If there all that, lets see them do it with an all polymer magazine with a flush fit.
So no one, in reality, bested the Glock Magazine. They just had to use old school stamped been around 100 years metal magazines to increase capacity, which had nothing to do with reliability.
Apples vs. oranges.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just buy an M&P or P320 or P19 or something then.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There's nothing left to improve....Glock people have Stockholm Syndrome.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly there's nothing left to improve. They could sell something different, but that doesn't make it better.

I think they missed the boat by not teaming up with MecGar and releasing their own 15 round G43X and 48 mags, but other than that, what's left to develop?

There's nothing left to improve....Glock people have Stockholm Syndrome.

What are your recommendations?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would I downgrade?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Probably will do a 19x to every pistol in their lineup first.

A carbine would be cool, but unless someone pushes it within Glock I don't see it happening soon.
View Quote

I'd love to see a G29X. A near full length grip with the 29 length slide and a factory threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:37:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I own a bunch of Glocks from gen3 up.  I sold the older ones for decent profit.  Glock really hasn’t changed shit in decades.  All their new releases have been meh at best.  

Why can’t they get their stuff together and release some truly new stuff?

I’m a Glock fanboy, but haven’t been excited about any of their new stuff other than the Glock 44.  

Are they going to change, or slowly fade away?
View Quote

Glock 5.7 would work for me
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Glock carbine?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Glock is stuck in kodak-sears mode.  It’s the way we’ve always done it, if it was good enough for Gaston, it’s good enough for you, so why change, adapt or improve?  Sights, trigger, texture sucks ass.  Easily fixed.  But fuck no.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:55:42 PM EDT
[#14]
If a Glock wasn't a Glock, then it would no longer be a Glock......

It's designed around a functioning firing system you can't change without a inventing a new one.
Years back I read that it costs Glock less then $200 to make.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yup
If you're a civilian, your pistol is your primary weapon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because a pistol is just there until you can get to a functioning rifle.

It does not have to be innovative, just reliable; ala glock.

That trope is about as lame as "the sound of a shotgun being racked".

Yup
If you're a civilian, your pistol is your primary weapon.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If it's not broke why fix it?
View Quote

I voted no because this.

Doesn't rust easily, a simple wipe down and it looks great after months of carrying IWB, goes bang every time.

It just works. I love my boring gen 5 19. Does everything I want and doesn't have finger grooves.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:50:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Glock is a one trick pony, but it is a damn good trick.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Glock 5.7 would work for me
View Quote

43x size would be cool
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:02:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The polymer is not an improvement.  It's an impediment that prevents them from keeping up.  Glocks six shot gun is the same size as Sig's 10 shot gun.  Their 10 shot gun is the same size as Smith's 13 shot gun.  

BTW, Apples and oranges are easily compared.  They are both fruit, both offer nutritional value.  They are about the same size and both mostly round.  They do pretty much the same thing and both grow on trees.
View Quote

So you're just going to gloss over how Sig and the others simply used thinner Sheetmetal mags with extensions to achieve a higher round count and if not for that design, would be no better then Glock. Gotcha.

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Glock is arguably the most 3rd party supported handgun in history.  Innovate it yourself.

View Quote

What are the other ones, 1911?
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#22]
7.62×25 tokarev variant would be my ask.

-P
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:19:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:23:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's not glossing over, it's a fact.  One which is time tested, true and works.  Glock uses sheet metal too but chooses to case it in a useless layer of polymer that leads to a fat grip and reduced round count.  I spent $40 each on sheet metal mags, to achieve what glock should have done from the factory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're just going to gloss over how Sig and the others simply used thinner Sheetmetal mags with extensions to achieve a higher round count and if not for that design, would be no better then Glock. Gotcha.

That's not glossing over, it's a fact.  One which is time tested, true and works.  Glock uses sheet metal too but chooses to case it in a useless layer of polymer that leads to a fat grip and reduced round count.  I spent $40 each on sheet metal mags, to achieve what glock should have done from the factory.
Other than the 43X/48, Glock mags are shorter than virtually any other brands magazines of the same capacity.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Gen 5 has a bunch of legit improvements over Gen 3, although I am not a fan of the "marksman" barrels, which are primarily a response to agency complaints about forensics.

Gen 4 was a mixed bag.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#26]
The only thing I'd care to see Glock do, is make the AmeriGlos the standard sight option, and make the MOS cut sit deeper. (And also the plates not be trash, but whatever, not the biggest issue.)

Other than that... Glock pretty much cracked the code on modern handguns.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If it's not broke why fix it?
View Quote
This. I will take reliable over innovative when it comes to pistols.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All this. Glock is great in lots and lots of ways. But their CCW/micro 9, or whatever you want to call it category,  leaves lots to be desired.  Lots of other examples are either smaller, smoother shooting,  have more capacity, and usually combine two or more or those attributes. P365 and Shield for example. It's the one place, besides trigger,  that Glock sucks. Other than that I like them a bunch. Honestly.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Gen 5 has a bunch of legit improvements over Gen 3, although I am not a fan of the "marksman" barrels, which are primarily a response to agency complaints about forensics.

Gen 4 was a mixed bag.
View Quote

I didn't know marksman barrels had anything to do with forensics complaints.

I don't know a lot about Glocks but don't knowledgeable people say things went downhill somewhat after Gen 3?

Is the Gen 4 in .40 better than the Gen 3 in .40? IIRC, a big part of the reason they came out with Gen 4 was to improve their .40 cal guns.

Glocks were originally designed around the 9mm. Did you all know the S&W M&P guns were originally designed around the .40?
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top