User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It had a shiny, bronze-colored bottom and a dull, silver metal on top.
View Quote

This is exactly the ammo description from someone I would bet that doesn’t know how to properly grip a handgun.  And the “I been shooting 40 years” comment is classic comment a novice says while they claim to be above a novice level.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Puts 50 whole rounds through a brand new pistol and has 3 issues with the gun. Then, after providing absolutely zero information that would help with diagnosing the issues he’s most likely causing, uses this one single pistol in this one single moment of time  to wholly bash one of the most reliable and durable pistol designs and manufacturers of all time.

Only 3 possible conclusions:

1. Retarded DU plant
3. Or my vote….https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/511664/IMG_1807_png-2805046.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I bought a brand new Glock Model 17 recently and took it shooting today.  I had 3 FTF's  in 50 rounds and it jammed up the gun.  And here I thought G-locks were incapable of bobbling the ammo being fed to it.

P.S.
I wanted to add that I've had several Glocks and never limp-wristed it.  The gun just jammed up 3 times.  My S&W Model 5906 was also shot and it never missed a beat!  G-locks suck!

View Quote

None of this happened
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You know, not one person has mentioned the most likely cause- limp wristing.  You have solved the great mystery!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe you were limp wristing it OP? Has anyone mentioned limp wristing it?

You know, not one person has mentioned the most likely cause- limp wristing.  You have solved the great mystery!

I was thinking he may have been limp wristing.

Not sure if its been mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]
LIMP
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#6]
WRISTING
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#7]
ZESTY  MAN
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#8]
a brand new gen 3 Glock 17?

hard to believe
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
a brand new gen 3 Glock 17?

hard to believe
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a new VP9 that did the same thing. Malfuntions for the first couple of magazines. I took it apart, cleaned it and it ran fine after that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#11]
This thread sounds like a 1911 thread. Have to break in, clean and oil regularly, get the right mags and figure out what ammo it likes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#12]
One day not long ago I went to Academy Sports and looked at a Gen5 Glock.  I said I'd like to get it and he told me that I had a choice of Gen3 or Gen5.  I took the NEW G3 pistol because it is  like my other Glocks that work perfectly but this G17 had 2 failures to feed and one failure to eject in 50 rounds.  I've never experienced this before (with my G-locks).
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not reading all of the posts.

#1 reason Glock jam:   Holding it wrong.

The gun needs to be nested neatly in the crotch between your thumb and index finger before putting your index finger on the trigger.

That said, a lot of people discover only the tip of their index finger touches the trigger safety.
Most people don't like that because they are used to rifles where they can nest the trigger in the crotch of the first index knuckle, or at least the middle of the finger tip.

If you hold it correctly, it won't jam.  "limp wristing" is when the back of the pistol is butted up against the thumb's Metacarpophalangeal (MP) Joint.  It causes your wrist to rotate more than if it was held correctly, and this rotation causes the frame to catch up to the slide and thus not cycle.
View Quote

Hey Butthead he said "CROTCH"  heee, heee, heee, heee

Sorry I could not help myself...but you are correct

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top