Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/24/2024 10:07:22 PM EDT
Well technically speaking. First vacation cruise.(Navy Veteran). Stop in Coco Cay and Nassau. What are the best excursions in Nassau?
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Going on my first cruise. What to expect?
View Quote

norovirus
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#2]
FPNI
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Expect to be in the company of fat people who smell bad.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#5]
It really depends on the line and length of the cruise.  We did the swimming with the dolphins on salt cay when we went.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Cantaloupe at every meal on Walmart of the Seas
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Nassau’s sister city is Detroit. It’s for good reason
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well technically speaking. First vacation cruise.(Navy Veteran). Stop in Coco Cay and Nassau. What are the best excursions in Nassau?
View Quote

Stuart Coves for some diving... Other than that I don't get off the ship in Nassau. Wife used to like the straw market but that isn't fun for her like it used to be with the haggling.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Worldstar videos.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Never been on one. I hear it's basically a large floating prison where you stuff yourself with food and not much else..
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#12]
From personal experience, bed bugs…
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#13]
A mistake I'm sure
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Fat people, drunks, and gastrointestinal distress.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Stuart Coves for some diving... Other than that I don't get off the ship in Nassau. Wife used to like the straw market but that isn't fun for her like it used to be with the haggling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. My wife and I did one years ago, got off at Nassau, spent 5 minutes looking around, went back to the ship and enjoyed having the ship to ourselves.

Other than that: eat a lot, relax, drink a bit. We enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

norovirus
View Quote

It is a shitty virus.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Smuggle on some liquor . Helpful tip. The cruise line x-rays your bags. If you buy a pint of vodka with a plastic screw top it fits perfectly in most shorts cargo pockets. You will have to walk through a metal detector .
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Cruises are what you make of them. Enjoy all the shows, food and excursions OR be a whiny, boring stick in the mud.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I want to hear moar.

My wife and I have talked about it, but we’re not really into being packed into large crowded spaces. But we like to dance and goof around and we like to lay around doing nothing just as much.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Don’t waste your time getting off the boat at port, that downtown area is a shit hole
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Smuggle on some liquor . Helpful tip. The cruise line x-rays your bags. If you buy a pint of vodka with a plastic screw top it fits perfectly in most shorts cargo pockets. You will have to walk through a metal detector .
View Quote

This is the kind of real world information that GD needs more of.  Excellent post.  Would read again.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Cruises aren’t my thing. Never been on one and don’t want to.

That being said, just have fun. Make the best of it.

Half of GD won’t travel down the street so asking them is going to get shit responses.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I want to hear moar.

My wife and I have talked about it, but we're not really into being packed into large crowded spaces. But we like to dance and goof around and we like to lay around doing nothing just as much.
View Quote
 Cruises of five nights and longer pretty much eliminate all the stereo typical complaints you read about cruises online.  The three night part cruises out of Miami yeah, you may catch some world star behavior.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fat people, drunks, and gastrointestinal distress.
View Quote

He asked about the cruise. Not us.  

FWIW,  been there two or three times.  Last time at Nassau back in March we didn’t get off the boat.  Empty ship is more fun hanging out around the pool.  
Coco cay is a great place to sit on the beach and enjoy a few drinks and have lunch.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
 Cruises of five nights and longer pretty much eliminate all the stereo typical complaints you read about cruises online.  The three night part cruises out of Miami yeah, you may catch some world star behavior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want to hear moar.

My wife and I have talked about it, but we're not really into being packed into large crowded spaces. But we like to dance and goof around and we like to lay around doing nothing just as much.

Yeah, we don’t want to spend our time and money being around riffraff.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Drunk people, drunk people everywhere
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:43:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Hanging out on a nearly empty boat beats most so-called excursions.

Reading a good book at the adult pool on RC or Celebrity was always a favorite for my wife and me.  
And reading anywhere on a Viking Ocean cruise was perfect.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Been on one cruise. For the most part enjoyed it until I got the worst sunburn of my life, maybe more like sun poisoning.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Up the butt so same deal.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:46:54 PM EDT
[#35]
FPNI, with diarrhea, bed bugs, shrieking shrill fat ladies at the buffet, and tons and tons of people stuffed next to you!!!!  Bon voyage!  LOL
Bon apetit!

Not to mention - you can feel good about contributing to the millions of gallons of raw sewage that the cruise ships dump into the ocean the minute they get past the international water mile marker.  Quadrillions of gallons - mountains of shit, piss, blood, pus, goo, etc dropped all over the marine life below.  Great.  Way to go.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah, we don't want to spend our time and money being around riffraff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want to hear moar.

Yeah, we don't want to spend our time and money being around riffraff.
 My wife and I are 45 we pick cruises where we are likely to be in the bottom 20% of age groups.  6 day to Bermuda, we did a 7 day out of NYC to Maine and two Canadian provinces.  Our next cruise next month is a 7 day to Alaska.  But yeah no real problem with white trash or ghetto behavior on those cruises.  We cruise Carnival and have had no complaints.  We even did a three night party cruise out of Miami our only complaints was seeing way more skin than should have been seen. We also stayed away from the nightclub after ten.  That is where a lot of the hood behavior originates from.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:53:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If you're on a Royal Caribbean cruise, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, if so, what ship?

View Quote

It is Royal Caribbean.  Allure of the seas. 5 people. 3 ukrainian women, myself,  and a teen boy
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This is the kind of real world information that GD needs more of.  Excellent post.  Would read again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad to help.. Vodka mixes good with the free OJ dispenser and you can keep a nice buzz since you don't have to drive the boat
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Make sure to hang pineapple decorations on your door
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It is Royal Caribbean.  Allure of the seas. 5 people. 3 ukrainian women, myself,  and a teen boy
View Quote

I think cruises are fun. I’ve not heard great things about eastern Caribbean destinations, but that’s hearsay.

RC was nice in my experience. Little step up in clientele from the Carnivals, but my RC cruise was on a fancier itinerary. 5 days out of Miami could get pretty trashy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#42]
The first day, boarding, sucked, and I thought that was how the rest of the cruise would be.  After lunch on the second day we settled in and started enjoying ourselves.  By day seven we didn’t want to leave.

We did a Carnival Caribbean cruise.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

norovirus
View Quote

First post did not nail it.  Wife and I have been on 9 cruises and neither of us ever got sick.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The first day, boarding, sucked, and I thought that was how the rest of the cruise would be.  After lunch on the second day we settled in and started enjoying ourselves.  By day seven we didn't want to leave.

We did a Carnival Caribbean cruise.
View Quote
 Next time book a faster to the fun pass.  Walk right by everyone in the show up at this time line.  On the cruise ship in 20-30 minutes start to finish.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:09:37 PM EDT
[#45]
BYOL

Bring your own Lomotil.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#46]
No bahamas exp, but remember to get to port the day before, and that most things at coco key cost extra.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Follow the cruise compass. That's the itinerary they leave in your room. You have to let yourself go and join the crowd. By day two or three you'll make friends and that's when the cruise gets fun. Just treat it like a week long house party. You'll gravitate to people who are most like you. Reserve a cabana at Coco Cay. It'll help when you're tired of being in the sun. Nassau is a shithole. Call ahead and get a poolside spot at Margaritaville. It's a 20 minute walk from the port. Don't waste money on transportation just walk. It's safe. Once you get to Margaritaville just enjoy it. There's a pool, waterslides and a beach. Don't be afraid to explore beyond the resort. There'll be signs saying it's restricted. Ignore them and walk through like you own the place. Nobody cares. Drink. Let loose. Don't buy anything. Cheers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:26:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:27:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Read what you are and are not allowed to pack. There's probably surprises.

Show up to the port city a day early and the port itself early in the day.

Take motion sickness meds the first day or two.

If you have specialty/upscale dining, put in your meal reservations ASAP.

Know that if you buy drinks in port, you'll most likely pay the taxes/tariffs of that port.

Try to figure out if/how some of the restaurant menus rotate.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:28:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Clubber.Lang.Pain.gif
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top