Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/16/2024 9:51:37 AM EDT
I only really come here for relationship, fitness and nutrition advice, and I know many here are giving it bad reviews, but I’m still gonna go watch it.

Wearing my Hawaiian shirt, and hey dudes shoes for that true bugeroo experience

Having some bbq afterwards
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll probably wait till it hits Netflix or Prime from what I've been hearing about it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#2]
you really shouldn’t take relationship advice from here or medical advice for that matter
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you really shouldn’t take relationship advice from here
View Quote

What? Why?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What? Why?
View Quote

just read at all divorce threads and make your own decision
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Eject
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I only really come here for relationship, fitness and nutrition advice
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I’m not saying it was a masterpiece, but it wasn’t as bad as a lot of posters are saying.

Some of them are saying it was bad because that’s the “cool” thing to say.

It really was made in a way that you could put a name on either side. Who’s good, and who’s bad.

I don’t care what the Director’s personal opinions are. He did a good job of keeping them out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Wear your vest & plates with your colorful Boogaloo Hawaiian shirt...

Frequently shout excitedly "Hell Yeah!!" & " Death to Tyrants!!" throughout the film...

You will enhance the full "Civil War" experience for your fellow viewers.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
you really shouldn’t take relationship advice from here or medical advice for that matter
View Quote

Or fitness and nutrition advice as well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Hard for me to spend money on a non-sensical dumpster fire...
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Outside of that, was it entertaining as a movie?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#12]
The "sides" are summarized in the trailer by a spotter with colorful hair: "Someone's trying to kill us and we are trying to kill them."

The only clear bad guy is the POTUS and he's hated by the secessionists AND the journalists.  If you pay attention to which states seceded, you can argue that the government pissed off the red states but it's portrayed as though political ideology doesn't play into the general sense that the President needs to go.  It is implied that he has violated a substantial chunk of the constitution and regardless of the justification, most of the country said "fuck that."

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The "sides" are summarized in the trailer by a spotter with colorful hair: "Someone's trying to kill us and we are trying to kill them."

The only clear bad guy is the POTUS and he's hated by the secessionists AND the journalists.  If you pay attention to which states seceded, you can argue that the government pissed off the red states but it's portrayed as though political ideology doesn't play into the general sense that the President needs to go.  It is implied that he has violated a substantial chunk of the constitution and regardless of the justification, most of the country said "fuck that."

View Quote

With all the Californians spreading to better states, and then still voting for broken policies, you could see a scenario where TX and CA are teamed up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#14]
It was a film I enjoyed. Might even go see it again.

I see a lot of cognitive dissonance in the bad reviews. It seems that some people were expecting a good Red Dawn reboot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Imagine you’re Barack Obama and are jealous of all your billionaire high tech friends so you decide you need to get rich off conservatives so you can brag about it. What could you do? Oh I know…. I’ll make a couple teotwawki movies and make it just vague enough politically that the idiots don’t know we’re making fun of them.  Just like the first few years of Colbert.  They won’t be able to help themselves.  They’re totally addicted to Disney and Hollywood no matter how many times we piss on them and tell them it’s raining.  Well laugh all the way to the bank.  Then I’ll buy more houses on the Hawaiian coast just to watch their heads implode over rising sea levels.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

With all the Californians spreading to better states, and then still voting for broken policies, you could see a scenario where TX and CA are teamed up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, the movie doesn't bring left/right politics into the mix.  Imagine a government that has gotten so out of control, political lines become irrelevant and it's more "this dude is a legit tyrant who has to go".  That's the general idea of the film.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Saw it last night.

I liked it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought it was good, maybe 6/10.  I wouldn’t pay to see it again but I’d watch it on Netflix.  I was expecting a huge political slant like the Purge movies but this one did a good job keeping it pretty vague and ambiguous.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#19]
I watched it and thought  it would of been better than it was.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Saw it last night.

I liked it.
View Quote

He does have strange, but somewhat decent taste in women, so maybe you can take his advice for seeing the movie.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't want to spoil anything & my thoughts may be off base but...

Pay attention to the journalistic philosophies of each of the reporters.

Its a thinking movie not a lens flare and 'splosions movie, which is probably why arflandia is triggered.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He does have strange, but somewhat decent taste in women, so maybe you can take his advice for seeing the movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw it last night.

I liked it.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I thought it was decently meh. Not worth a theater trip, but a decent movie for watching on streaming.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’d never watch it because the premise is pants on head retarded.

Nothing about that movie makes any sense...
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'd never watch it because the premise is pants on head retarded.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd never watch it because the premise is pants on head retarded.

So you haven't seen it but decided "nothing about it makes sense"?

Alrighty then.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Does the move portray the media as biased partisan propagandist that they are or as a neutral entity just trying to report the story?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Does the move portray the media as biased partisan propagandist that they are or as a neutral entity just trying to report the story?
View Quote

Haven’t seen it-at theatre now
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#28]
It's getting a B- Cinemascsore, which is based on opening day audience score so it's good but mixed.

I see a few bad reviews in GD and it's OK to not like a movie.

But, it's strange to me to have strong opinions about it when you haven't seen it though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Don't forget your flak over your Hawaiian shirt. No kevlar tho, boog boys don't believe in head protection unless it's Oakley sunglasses
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Alrighty then.
View Quote
Lol. It's GD, dude. This is expected.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#31]
The four main photojournalists aren't important to the story as photojournalists per se.  They're just a way to the tell the story with people that witness and experience several different areas.  The movie doesn't pick sides per se, it does have the message that "war is very violent".  It doesn't even say violence is good or bad either.  I think it says, like it or not sometimes good people have to engage in violence with others in order to survive.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

The journalists are in-the-shit combat photographers.  Political opinions are irrelevant and never mentioned in the movie.  "The media" you refer to are mainstream talking heads, not the ones imbedded in war zones.  The main message is "war is ugly".

Jesus, this place is a broken record with the "there HAS to be propaganda in this movie!" nonsense.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The journalists are in-the-shit combat photographers.  Political opinions are irrelevant and never mentioned in the movie.  "The media" you refer to are mainstream talking heads, not the ones imbedded in war zones.  The main message is "war is ugly".

Jesus, this place is a broken record with the "there HAS to be propaganda in this movie!" nonsense.
View Quote

A mentality has set in and it will not go away. Not even if we get to the point where half the people in GD spend their days asking, "what kind of American are you?" With a loaded rifle in their hands.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was about to say something similar.

The "journalists" aren't media. They are independent war photographers.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly it was boring
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Make no mistake, the right craves victimhood just as much as the left.  Those that are making nonsensical observations about a film they've never seen, or even plan to see, are only doing it for outrage currency.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We need a livestream review.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#38]
That's a hard 41,
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#39]
a bazillion threads and no one has mentioned the pot needles.
Much pot needles.  This is destroying the fabric of 'Murica.  Refrain from financially rewarding them!  
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Alrighty then.
View Quote

I’ve seen a trailer.

I don’t think Florida will be attacking Trump any time soon.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I’ve seen a trailer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alrighty then.

I’ve seen a trailer.

What does that have to do with anything?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I've seen a trailer.

I don't think Florida will be attacking Trump any time soon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alrighty then.

I've seen a trailer.

Spoiler alert, dude!  Jesus!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

You just gotta read between the lines…
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You just gotta read between the lines
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just gotta read between the lines

You read between a lot of lines in a single trailer.

What's more logical: that the multiple people who've seen the movie and commented on it are wrong or you, having admitted to only watching one trailer, don't have it all figured out?

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#45]
I thought it was a very good film. No political bias.

And as a student of history, it did show a civil war as chaotic, don’t surrender to anyone, don’t trust anyone and that it will be very very violent.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#46]

Few years older then me, still think she's hot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I’ve seen a trailer.

View Quote

He actually gets eaten by an alligator in the film. So you're wrong.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen a trailer.

That was a crocodile, dumbass.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#49]

For what I would hope would be obvious reasons... she wasn't exactly "made-up" for this movie.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s not that I don't believe that this movie could really not have a political slant, it just that I’ve doubt it anymore. Over the years I’ve heard numerous times from people on this website about how a certain movie is not political and i watch it only to discover it is loaded with so much political bullshit that I can’t even finish it.

It’s not even that I can’t handle different opinions than my own, it’s just that so prevalent and predictable now that it’s all so tiresome. I just want to be entertained and not preached at about how I’m a bad person.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top