Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're ok with single-shoulder carry, I love my Maxpedition Lunada. Very compact, but big enough to hold a liter Nalgene, rain coat, flashlight, multitool, granola bars, tourniquet, 2 pistol mags, extra batteries, and miscellaneous survival items. Oh, and a concealed carry pocket that's pretty accessible when you swing the bag around.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought a Tactical Tailor Urban Operator Pack for work.  US made and seems to be very good quality.  The Urban Operator may be a little big for your needs but they have a smaller one, the Removable Operator Pack.  Mil-Spec Monkey has a collaborated version of it that shows it with a CCW inside.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/removableoperatorpack.aspx

http://milspecmonkey.com/store/packs-bags/341-msm-adapt-pack.html
View Quote

It's larger than what he needs, but not cumbersome by any means.  I can even use it for an overnight trip if I had to.  A USGI canteen fits in the bottle pouch on the side and I can use the MOLLE on the other side and an adapter to mount another 1 qt. or even a 2 qt. canteen pouch.  A pistol will fit snugly in the laptop compartment and won't have a chance to catch on anything in the other compartments and can be accessed quickly with the pack removed.  I suppose one could mount a pouch designed to conceal a pistol to the MOLLE on the side, too.

I did add some features, though, such as a hydration bladder pocket and suspension strap in the main compartment, a port for the tube, compression straps, MOLLE on the bottom, straps down the centre of the shoulder straps, and a waist belt and sternum strap, as well as the mesh material in the backside.  I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you're ok with single-shoulder carry, I love my Maxpedition Lunada. Very compact, but big enough to hold a liter Nalgene, rain coat, flashlight, multitool, granola bars, tourniquet, 2 pistol mags, extra batteries, and miscellaneous survival items. Oh, and a concealed carry pocket that's pretty accessible when you swing the bag around.

http://cdn.atlantictactical.com/images/uploads/l_maxpedition_0422.jpg
View Quote

They sell the identical bag at Walmart for like $25 under the SOG name, black only though.  I like mine, I use it for my .308 stuff when going to the range.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Something like that is exactly what I'm looking for!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Something like that is exactly what I'm looking for!

I should have suggested this then

http://www.mysteryranch.com/booty-bag
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought an EMS Women's Mojo as a cycling bag which also works really well for trail running and sort-of minimal hikes. With coupons and sales, you used to be able to do them under $30- but I believe that they are discontinued now.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Maxpedition monsoon is what I have for everyday use. Used it on a couple hikes and it works well. Not too big but lets you carry a decent amount. Would have liked a non-fixed strap so I could change the shoulder orientation, but it still works.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top