Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You: I like farting in the wind.
Alice: Thats so interesting! Tell me more about farting in the wind.
You: Well you aim and and let 'er rip!
Alice: Haha! Rip is so funny!
View Quote

I can't embed a youtube, but this is funny as hell

https://youtu.be/oIL_w2Y10Ok
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
LaMDA is Latin for Skynet
View Quote

See my avatar
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A few years ago I think, didn't google develop some sort of AI that they quickly pulled the plug on? They gave it a complex problem and said solve it anyway you can. The AI took it and started developing its own "language" to proceed, and google got scared because they couldn't follow what it was doing. So they pulled the plug.

Microsoft “Tay”

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2016-03/24/11/enhanced/webdr06/enhanced-buzz-wide-5336-1458834559-17.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeSpN6BWAAA0oEZ?format=jpg&name=small

No.

What you posted was the experiment that resulted in a racist, misogynist chatbot, from assimilating and simulating the human posts it analyzed.

The post you responded to, was an experiment to see if AI could learn/evolve on its own, for problem solving. Within a pretty short timespan, the AI's learning evolved to the point the human developers could no longer follow/understand/comprehend it, which troubled them enough to pull the plug.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not real.

Not even close to being possible.

It gets hyped all the time but when folks say AI they think of this over arching intelligence that becomes self aware.

When in reality, the big push for AI is to be able to make intelligent decisions within a particular context where many different data streams need to be monitored and assessed.

Think live traffic pattern analysis that allows for on the fly adjustment of things so traffic moves more smoothly.  Right now the big push is having high level compute capability at the edge.

I'm not saying there aren't research groups trying to figure out the Sci fi version, but if it's not to aide in military decision making, it's in an effort to manage systems more efficiently without human intervention.   You don't need to be able to have a conversation with the water management cluster.

View Quote

Yup.

Lots of folks conflate "AI" and "sentient AI".
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In The Matrix we can all be banging supermodels, count me in!
View Quote

Nah... the Architect said that the previous versions where they tried to make everyone happy, all failed because humans derive their sense of self from their misery.

I guess the current program revisions over the last few years must be working great.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top