Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I prefer shooting them with a suppressed .22 bolt gun.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Missing eye pro (especially for the son).

Other than that very cool vid.

View Quote

Always that one guy who can't just enjoy the simple things without finding something to complain about.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Although shooting birds out of a tree is like shooting fish out of a barrel.
View Quote

Thinning out the numbers of vermin is not the same as hunting. A true crow hunt is fun, this video sounded like they just wanted some birds shot. Both types of shooting them have their place.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I learned something new today too. I always heard they were carrion birds and shouldn't be eaten.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crowd are edible????  SMH.

I learned something new today too. I always heard they were carrion birds and shouldn't be eaten.

I've heard the young ones are delicious, one of the hunting magazines ran an article a few years ago. Older birds, like anything else, are tough.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You shawt a lafe instead.  
View Quote

Kids are the best.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Pretty sure it happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I disprove of this crow hunting shit.  

Pretty sure it happened.

Well yea it happened, that why I disapprove of it.

Oh...I see, spell corrector fucked me again with the "disprove".

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Always that one guy who can't just enjoy the simple things without finding something to complain about.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Missing eye pro (especially for the son).

Other than that very cool vid.

Since when is making an observation about a safety violation complaining (especially when it concerns a child's eyesight) and being that "one guy?"

I'm sure others noticed it but didn't mention it because I did.

However, I knew there would be that ONE GUY who would complain about my observation and it happened to be you.

Are you happy now?

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So he's pro gun?
View Quote

Yep he hunted hogs on FT.Benning and made fresh pork and ribs for the troops. He also has dove hunting videos.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

wrong.
those British rooks are retarded. You would never be able to just walk up and shoot multiple American crows.
I've heard that you can detach the bottom of a crow's tongue and teach them to mimic speech, like a parrot.

I've seen crows band together to support an injured member of the flock, and refuse to leave until the injured crow was ready to move.
we also had a flock of crows attack and chase off a red-tailed hawk that was after my wife's chickens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF is a "rook"??? Is that a crow?

Yup.

I think they're a little different.  In Europe they have both Crows and Rooks.  Yes they're all corvidae but so are Ravens, and that's a pretty different bird.  Rooks look like small crows, Ravens like big crows.

Also if I'm not mistaken both Ravens and Rooks are smart enough to make and use simple tools... They'll bend wire into a hook to get at food..

Crows IIRC are kinda stupi
d.

wrong.
those British rooks are retarded. You would never be able to just walk up and shoot multiple American crows.
I've heard that you can detach the bottom of a crow's tongue and teach them to mimic speech, like a parrot.

I've seen crows band together to support an injured member of the flock, and refuse to leave until the injured crow was ready to move.
we also had a flock of crows attack and chase off a red-tailed hawk that was after my wife's chickens.

crows around here fly off before you can get into shotgun range

the only way to hunt them is with a decoy
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think they're a little different.  In Europe they have both Crows and Rooks.  Yes they're all corvidae but so are Ravens, and that's a pretty different bird.  Rooks look like small crows, Ravens like big crows.

Also if I'm not mistaken both Ravens and Rooks are smart enough to make and use simple tools... They'll bend wire into a hook to get at food..

Crows IIRC are kinda stupid
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

You in fact do not remember correctly

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:10:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Crows are in fact very smart.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:09:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

Gotta be careful in 29 Palms California. Them Raven's will steal your MRE's and you won't even know until after you reach the bivouack site
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:14:44 AM EDT
[#15]
It's legal to shoot Crows in Nevada, but not Ravens.

Ravens are protected.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's been my perception
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's one of the few people who can be a massive asshole and a massive badass at the same time.

He's only an asshole for the TV. Everyone says that off screen he's a pretty great guy.

That's been my perception

MasterChef Jr. proves this. He really cares for the kids and wants them to continue to grow and enjoy cooking. GR is cool in my book.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Till they meet a .220 Swift bullet, then it is POOF.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:59:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yes, a murder of crows!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Crowd are edible????  SMH.

Yes, a murder of crows!

Pun of the week, sir! Well played.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ravens are protected.

View Quote

Know what the game wardens tell ya? Ravens in the air crows dead on the ground. Kill them all.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:05:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Know what the game wardens tell ya? Ravens in the air crows dead on the ground. Kill them all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ravens are protected.

That is probably some of the worst advice I've ever heard.  Then again, that is HEAVILY prosecuted up here if you get caught and it is really easy to tell the species apart.  Treated the same as shooting a bald eagle.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:06:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That is probably the worst advice I've ever heard.  Then again, that is HEAVILY prosecuted up here if you get caught and it is really easy to tell the species apart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ravens are protected.

That is probably the worst advice I've ever heard.  Then again, that is HEAVILY prosecuted up here if you get caught and it is really easy to tell the species apart.

Its very easy to tell the difference. Then again down here is not up there and they are a plague down here.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:08:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Its very easy to tell the difference. Then again down here is not up there and they are a plague down here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ravens are protected.

Disregard.  My brain went to potato on your first post.  *facepalm*
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:23:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URZ_EciujrE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URZ_EciujrE

Is that an American or European crow, though?
Aren't they different?  As in...ours are smarter?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top