Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 11:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I call roadside assistance.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don’t forget a piece of carpet for that hot ass asphalt.
View Quote

Cold ass asphalt around here.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Cellphone battery dead and no charger?

Should of called roadside assistance and had them change it for you.

It's like a dollar a month.
View Quote
wut

I'm am not paying for and waiting for another man to come change my tire for me. If you have some sort of disability or you're on your way to a wedding in a rented or discover that your spare is trashed, fine, but you are worthless if you are a capable man and refuse to change your own tire.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:15:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I always carry a 4 post car lift and a full set of pneumatic tools too. duh. along with my 17" cock and my supermodel wife. hate getting a flat in the veyron.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My car neither came with the tools to remove a wheel, nor did it come with a spare.

In fact, I do not even own the tools to remove the wheels.  
View Quote

I have heard about such stupidity on the part of car makers.
 Why would anyone buy a vehicle that way?
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:37:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

lol

My car neither came with the tools to remove a wheel, nor did it come with a spare.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:.
Don't rely on what just came with your car.

lol

What? You don’t have the big ass wrench for the center lock wheels? Never pass up an opportunity to buy an expensive tool you may never use.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Anytime I buy a new vehicle, the donut becomes a frisbee.  I had one on ONE car, and it blew within a mile of changing it.  Since then, I toss it, and get a full-size spare.

For the tools, I have a hydraulic bottle jack, a safety stand, and a 24" breaker bar with the right socket.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anytime I buy a new vehicle, the donut becomes a frisbee.  I had one on ONE car, and it blew within a mile of changing it.  Since then, I toss it, and get a full-size spare.

For the tools, I have a hydraulic bottle jack, a safety stand, and a 24" breaker bar with the right socket.
View Quote

i made a pair of tire sandals out of a donut spare.  no steel belts to cut.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:58:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:59:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lots of places with no cell phone service, let alone roadside assistance available.
View Quote

Yep, Not all of us are city boys with pretty nails.

It also tends to make the wife all hot and bothered when I'm able to save the day by doing man shit.

We have AAA, but in the time it would take them to get there and change the tire I'll be long gone.

In the last 30 years of driving I've had 3 flat tires, and 2 of them were in the last 2 months in the same damn tire. I picked up a broken lighter, and then the next week I got a screw in the same tire.

Both times took me less than 10 minutes to change the tire myself, then took it home and plugged it and put it back on.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:02:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:49:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I can find the nail, I will just plug the tire.
I always carry a compressor and plug kit.

Major damage, time to bust out the spare.
View Quote

I too wanted to add that in addition to a floor jack, 4 way tire iron, gloves and something to kneel on, I also have a plug kit and a compressor.

I've been meaning to get a breaker bar and proper socket to fit my lugs but keep forgetting.

That said, I've changed a few tires instead of breaking out my AAA card because I didn't want to wait and wait and wait.

Note: in Florida we have "Road Rangers" that patrol the highway.  One time there had just been an accident moments before I got there and debris was all over the road and I hit a chunk, causing me to get a flat.  By the time I had pulled over and got out of my car to change the tire, a Road Ranger had already pulled up behind me and was out of his truck so I let him take care of it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#15]
The last time I changed a tire on the freeway was several years ago. People were driving by and honking and laughing. The masses are asses.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#16]
yeah those save on gas mileage jacks that come with cars will get you killled
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#17]
This was me a couple weeks ago. Luckily they were able to patch it.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#18]
This kind of goes along with a breaker bar, but if you ever have your wheels off at a tire / repair shop, make sure they don’t over-tighten them, or if they do, that you can loosen them on your own.

Twice I have had to bring a breaker bar to my girlfriends car when she had a flat because she couldn’t get the lug nuts off (and it was because they were on too tight). Another time, even with a breaker bar I almost could not get the lug off because it was one of those kind that deforms easily, along with being on too tight.

She has roadside assistance through insurance, but every time she has called they say it will be over an hour, it ends up being quicker for me to go help.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Milwaukee M18 High Torque Master Race checking in
View Quote

Santa's bringing me the m12 1/2 stubby for just this

got the air compressor, 4 way, tire patch kit, 2 ton floor jack...

maybe I'll get two spare tires...a cigarette lighter blender and a heated knee pad i think...

Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
LOL you guys are ridiculous with your trunk full of shit.  floor jacks and spare head lights.

Been driving since 86 and have had 1 fucking flat.
View Quote

Been driving since '74 and usually get a flat or two a year on something.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I carry a good four way and some small pieces of plywood in case you are on some soft ground.
You can also stack the plywood by the wheel and roll the spare on it so you don't need to lift it so much.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I keep thinking about buying the adaptor thingy, but unless I buy a set of winter wheels/tires, I really don’t see any way I would ever use it.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:.
Don't rely on what just came with your car.

lol

What? You don’t have the big ass wrench for the center lock wheels? Never pass up an opportunity to buy an expensive tool you may never use.

I keep thinking about buying the adaptor thingy, but unless I buy a set of winter wheels/tires, I really don’t see any way I would ever use it.  

One justifies the other. I don’t know what your local conditions are like or what your comfort level subjecting your car to the conditions is but I love driving my 911 in the snow(admittedly older and much less valuable than yours). I found a set of 15” wheels off a 944, tires for the old cars are cheap and I got a set of Nokians off eBay had them mounted and studded locally and was all in for less than $800. It’s going to be a lot more for a 991 GTS but once you sink the money in the wheels you end up splitting the miles over two sets of tires so the running cost isn’t affected much and you end up driving the car more which is always a win.

We had a huge amount of snow the winter I bought it. My only regret is not getting snow fired sooner.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have a cell phone and  a AAA card.

View Quote

This . . . I've had them change a tire in my driveway, just take the other Jeep while they do their thing.

I guess I'm worthless.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I drive steel wheels and always will. Driving my pos right off the highway and changing it elsewhere. Fuck changing tires on the highway.
View Quote

Correct answer. Many, many people are killed changing tires on side of highway.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
wut

I'm am not paying for and waiting for another man to come change my tire for me. If you have some sort of disability or you're on your way to a wedding in a rented or discover that your spare is trashed, fine, but you are worthless if you are a capable man and refuse to change your own tire.
View Quote

You pay so that if some dumb ass runs into your car, it kills them instead of you.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top