BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Interesting.

Friend of mine got one of those 125cc Kawazakis.  There's a bunch of them and the Honda Groms running around. People look ridiculous on them.  True definition of a monkey fucking a football!

I suppose they're fun to ride around in a parking lot, I just wish people would realize a 125 really doesn't belong on the highways.  I think topped out at redline my friend says it'll barely make 60.

Anyway, have fun with it.  I know that particular company makes all kinds of various bikes, some of them are pretty neat.  I think they even had a clone of my bike, the SV650, out for a while.
View Quote
Having a group of friends on groms all dressed out in full kit would be hilarious. I think they max out around 45-50 unless you mod them. Only suitable for city riding.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Having a group of friends on groms all dressed out in full kit would be hilarious. I think they max out around 45-50 unless you mod them. Only suitable for city riding.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Small displacement bikes are fun as hell to thrash around the local back streets. Who cares how you look when you are having FUN.

I have an original Grom and if I want to go on a tour or ride dirt/gravel roads I have a DR650 to go wherever, whenever.

The grom is so flickable, redlineable, ear-to-ear grin inducing while on local 30-45mph twisty backroads, if I rode my DR650 (or ANY standard sport bike) as hard as I flog the grom I would be at unsafe/wreckless speeds and either wind up in handcuffs or scraped up in a sack.

Look at the new honda "monkey bike" for a 125 4 spd with some more classic styling.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Hmmm, that changes things, I though they were Chicom.

I may have to give their entry level ATVs a look then
View Quote
Kymco has made engines for BMW as well as currently makes a scooter for them. They also make all of the small ATV's for Kawasaki. They have been around a long time and are kind of known for good quality at a good price. We just really didn't see them in our market until recently.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Picking up a new one myself tomorrow!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/318573/newbike-575429.JPG
View Quote
That one looks bigger than our new one. what is that thing 300...400 cc's
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice. Good color. I bet it is a blast to zip around on.

I would love to have a small bike for fun. I've ridden Ninja 250s a few times - briefly. Some of the most fun on two wheels. I'm too tall and arthritic, particularly knees, for that bike so I suppose going any smaller would be really painful.

I'm going to downsize this summer. Going from the bike in my avatar to an FJR1300ES. A bit smaller, about 100 pounds lighter and more powerful plus cruise.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/312702/2007-Honda-ST1300-ABSa-575311.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/312702/2018-fjr1300a-12-575313.JPG
View Quote
Good choice. I traded my ST1300 for a Kawasaki Concours. A lot faster and more fun to ride.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Small displacement bikes are fun as hell to thrash around the local back streets. Who cares how you look when you are having FUN.

I have an original Grom and if I want to go on a tour or ride dirt/gravel roads I have a DR650 to go wherever, whenever.

The grom is so flickable, redlineable, ear-to-ear grin inducing while on local 30-45mph twisty backroads, if I rode my DR650 (or ANY standard sport bike) as hard as I flog the grom I would be at unsafe/wreckless speeds and either wind up in handcuffs or scraped up in a sack.

Look at the new honda "monkey bike" for a 125 4 spd with some more classic styling.
I would love to wear my leathers & hoon around on a Grom.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks similar to my old Honda CB200 I use to own. Fun little bike and a good learner bike.

Like your GS in the background.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool!
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#10]
@canoeguy

Tell me about the new bike.

Wife rides a Kawasaki Versys 1k, I'm on an FJR.
We have a ruckus and Z125 for fun, we call them baby bikes.
Looking to get another small bike or scooter, Ruckus just doesn't have the speed with me on it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Got to play around with a Himalayan recently.
I need a bigger garage.
View Quote
I refuse to touch or look closely at a Himalayan.  I know I'd buy it if I did.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Now I want another TW200...
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

I've got 16Kmiles on my 2012.  Love it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have the Kawasaki Z125.  It pulls my 200 lbs up to 55 pretty easily. Tops at about 63, takes a bit longer.

The issue is power. Wind and hills kill it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well...we have one of those too. It’s the wife’s main ride.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/191077/2726A570-DF77-4489-8D68-C059ACA75B7D-574927.JPG
View Quote
We are apparently kindered souls. Glad to meet you.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Congrats.  June is such a great month to ride in too.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Congrats, OP!

Here is my latest build-

Still waiting for more parts.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
or a Royal Enfield
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL, comparable to my unreasonable desire to own a Ural.
or a Royal Enfield

MY RE is the bomb diggity...now excuse while I ride to the Lambs Blood Pub for a pint then onto find some mustache wax.

I wonder if I could sling a .303 on there ?? of course I would actually have to buy one first.

" />
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice but! are you Shriner's?
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
@canoeguy

Tell me about the new bike.

Wife rides a Kawasaki Versys 1k, I'm on an FJR.
We have a ruckus and Z125 for fun, we call them baby bikes.
Looking to get another small bike or scooter, Ruckus just doesn't have the speed with me on it.
View Quote
So my 60 mile review: The bike is not broken in yet so I don't have full power yet. I am getting 55 pretty easy. We have big long uphill slogs on the way to the house as in fairly steep and 2 mile climbs. It chugs along well at 40-45 miles an hour with my 190 pounds on it(yea, I need to lose 15 pounds).This fellow on youtube has made a bunch of vids and he is getting some really impressive speeds with a few mods...

Fit and finish. Really I think it is pretty good for a 3k bike. There are a few parts such as headlight brackets and tail sections that look a little lack luster. The paint looks pretty good. The tank badge is pretty cool if you ask me.

The bike is tiny yet is made to fit a grown person. my first ride was for an hour and I never felt uncomfortable. There is however a fair amount of bar buzz which is not unexpected on a little thumper like this. I may look at some better bar ends to help with this. My hands were definitely tingly after an hour ride.

It handles really well as you would probably expect from little wheels. It is very predictable and honestly if you cant ride this bike then you can't ide any bike. The clutch is light. The brakes are fine despite the rear being a drum.

Cool things: It's a five speed. There is a mini trunk. Mnnthbx already has a bunch of accessories. It has a center stand, though I will likely remove it for weight savings. I can lift the rear of the bike with one hand. There are knobbies available!

Not so cool: Drum rear. The front forks are soft, but fixable. It buzzes at the bars. The stock muffler is big and heavy.

Its a lot of fun!
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Nice but! are you Shriner's?
View Quote
Yes I am. Though I am not very active.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We are apparently kindered souls. Glad to meet you.
View Quote
And a pleasure to meet you, sir.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#23]
They just had a meet of mini bikes on the Dragon.!
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Count me as another who'd love to a have a Ural, a Royal Enfield, a Grom, a 125cc Trail Buddy and a ton of other off the wall bikes.

The Kymco's tend to be very good scoots.  They're sold all over Asia and often used hard.  Folks here like to talk trash foreign bikes not holding up but the average road conditions and the use these smaller bikes see in other countries would generally prove otherwise.  I think what tends to kill most of these small bikes here is our size coupled with running them at higher speeds.  The most commonly used bikes for trikes in the Philippines are 125s although the 150s are taking over- still small framed bikes though and they will on average see much harder use than most bikes here.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So my 60 mile review: The bike is not broken in yet so I don't have full power yet. I am getting 55 pretty easy. We have big long uphill slogs on the way to the house as in fairly steep and 2 mile climbs. It chugs along well at 40-45 miles an hour with my 190 pounds on it(yea, I need to lose 15 pounds).This fellow on youtube has made a bunch of vids and he is getting some really impressive speeds with a few mods...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGuVtvQH5vk

Fit and finish. Really I think it is pretty good for a 3k bike. There are a few parts such as headlight brackets and tail sections that look a little lack luster. The paint looks pretty good. The tank badge is pretty cool if you ask me.

The bike is tiny yet is made to fit a grown person. my first ride was for an hour and I never felt uncomfortable. There is however a fair amount of bar buzz which is not unexpected on a little thumper like this. I may look at some better bar ends to help with this. My hands were definitely tingly after an hour ride.

It handles really well as you would probably expect from little wheels. It is very predictable and honestly if you cant ride this bike then you can't ide any bike. The clutch is light. The brakes are fine despite the rear being a drum.

Cool things: It's a five speed. There is a mini trunk. Mnnthbx already has a bunch of accessories. It has a center stand, though I will likely remove it for weight savings. I can lift the rear of the bike with one hand. There are knobbies available!

Not so cool: Drum rear. The front forks are soft, but fixable. It buzzes at the bars. The stock muffler is big and heavy.

Its a lot of fun!
View Quote
thanks.  looks like it's time to decide. Yamaha Zuma or this li'l jobber.

I sure do like the ease and fun of a step through scooter, and for the same price.......
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I sure do like the ease and fun of a step through scooter, and for the same price.......
View Quote
Have you seen the new Honda Monkey?
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Boys have a Kymco 4 wheeler...They seem to have a blast on it
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Congrats, OP!

Here is my latest build-
https://i.imgur.com/FXssYEj.jpg
Still waiting for more parts.
View Quote
What's the CC? Very clean man. I'd like to add a Supermoto to the stable. Since they are super expensive new and from the factory a build on a used bike seems like a good play since it would just be a toy for near the house.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Where are they manufactured?
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What's the CC? Very clean man. I'd like to add a Supermoto to the stable. Since they are super expensive new and from the factory a build on a used bike seems like a good play since it would just be a toy for near the house.
View Quote
2018 500 EXC. No problems riding 3 hours straight with a Seat Concepts seat. Stock seat is good for 30 miles
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Where are they manufactured?
View Quote
Taiwan.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Yup.  The $1,000 price difference makes the Kymco much more attractive.  That's huge when it's 3k vs 4k
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#33]
So we went to the local bike night. Probably at least 25 bikes and the Spade was an absolute rock star. I thought for sure folks would think it was just funny but truthfully they all loved it. Many pics taken and many questions. People we bowled over.

Between this and her Ural my wife may be getting too used to all the attention.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
The 2019 Honda Super Cub...awesome.
Attachment Attached File

Keyless start. LED lights. ABS.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So we went to the local bike night. Probably at least 25 bikes and the Spade was an absolute rock star. I thought for sure folks would think it was just funny but truthfully they all loved it. Many pics taken and many questions. People we bowled over.

Between this and her Ural my wife may be getting too used to all the attention.
View Quote
They are head turners. I can hardly stop at a gas station without getting asked about it.
I did get a retracted "wave" once, though... bike headed towards me, he starts to give The Wave then abruptly pulls it back, giving me the "WTF" look instead.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/191077/76AD256F-B981-40DB-979B-FA8D073F8CBF-576104.JPG
View Quote
Also high on the want list.
I have an unhealthy obsession with small-displacement bikes.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/191077/76AD256F-B981-40DB-979B-FA8D073F8CBF-576104.JPG
View Quote
A few things kill it for me.  As a scooter, that's aweful high for a "step through"  and chain drive. 1 gallon tank, realistically 85ish MPG i figure..  plus, i hate the color scheme, and overall look.

It's more of an automatic trans motorcycle.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

A few things kill it for me.  As a scooter, that's aweful high for a "step through"  and chain drive. 1 gallon tank, realistically 85ish MPG i figure..  plus, i hate the color scheme, and overall look.

It's more of an automatic trans motorcycle.
View Quote
Alright then...my 1979 Vespa P200E. Two stoke oil injected, manual Transmission, lots of go right up to 60mph when she peters off. Kick start only though...

Attachment Attached File

ETA: the Stihl is also two stroke.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#39]
$3k for a Taiwan moped?
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
$3k for a Taiwan moped?
View Quote
I know, I should have bought a Harley-Davidson Moped. If it makes you feel any better they were only $115 in 1890.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
LOL, comparable to my unreasonable desire to own a Ural.
View Quote
I have also felt that unreasonable desire
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File
of all the bikes i have had,this little guy delivers LOTS  of smiles per hour!!
i bought it used and have under 3 k in it!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top