Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/24/2019 12:15:17 AM EDT
Scrutinizing private guns sales was among a list of ideas Abbott rattled off after emerging from a four-hour, closed-door meeting about the El Paso shooting with lawmakers, police and representatives from Google, Facebook and Twitter.

He also floated the idea of “welfare checks” when worries are raised about people with access to firearms. Authorities have said the mother of the suspected El Paso gunman, 21-year-old Patrick Crusius, had called police weeks before the attack to express concern about her son buying an “AK” style rifle.

“Right now there is nothing in law that would prevent one stranger from selling a gun to a terrorist, and obviously that’s a danger that needs to be looked into,” Abbott said.
View Quote
https://apnews.com/f0c1ce26cf104ba897ac205c9d5b91a1?fbclid=IwAR2w0Gg03WfpH_uMKD563zwV9cJ8OBELOm84v3VL_4xJaG4xU2U7bJgsbqY

Republicans everywhere are looking to cut the cord with gun owners. We're baggage.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:17:02 AM EDT
[#1]
He can’t be serious. He’s getting a call from me next week.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#2]
FFS...
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I expected better from him, seemed like he had a good track record
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Fuck him.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:26:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
To his cellphone or direct line?
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:29:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, that was a stupid thing for him to say.

Should have promoted National CCW reciprocity instead.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:32:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Lol

If we just take the guns away, people will stop murdering.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:34:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lol

View Quote
"Nothing Can be Done," says the government in the only place in the world this happens"

This is the public perception.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:34:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Give Crenshaw a call while youre at it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:57:53 AM EDT
[#10]
And to think I voted for that prick when I lived there.

Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#11]
What is the data on firearms purchased via private sales being used in crimes, where both parties were not prohibited persons?  I cannot imagine these people believe banning private sales is going to have any influence on crime rates.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Scrutinizing private guns sales was among a list of ideas Abbott rattled off after emerging from a four-hour, closed-door meeting about the El Paso shooting with lawmakers, police and representatives from Google, Facebook and Twitter.

He also floated the idea of “welfare checks” when worries are raised about people with access to firearms. Authorities have said the mother of the suspected El Paso gunman, 21-year-old Patrick Crusius, had called police weeks before the attack to express concern about her son buying an “AK” style rifle.

“Right now there is nothing in law that would prevent one stranger from selling a gun to a terrorist, and obviously that’s a danger that needs to be looked into,” Abbott said.
View Quote
https://apnews.com/f0c1ce26cf104ba897ac205c9d5b91a1?fbclid=IwAR2w0Gg03WfpH_uMKD563zwV9cJ8OBELOm84v3VL_4xJaG4xU2U7bJgsbqY

Republicans everywhere are looking to cut the cord with gun owners. We're baggage.
View Quote

Boy is that the truth.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:05:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
He promoted red flag laws and crap after the high school shooting. I clearly remember that hearing him speak live on the radio. I was surprised he didn't go back on the gun control bandwagon right after El Paso.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:07:14 AM EDT
[#14]
He doesn’t have a leg to stand on but he chaired the gun violence meeting. He was on a roll.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:10:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:10:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Except most of the recent “mass shooters” bought their firearms legally with NICS checks, they purchased their arms recent to the shootings and they did not stockpile firearms....

Need to drive this point home when contacting his office. All this kneejerk bs is irrelevant to the actual crimes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm not seeing that 'meeting' as anything more than a group conversation.

I don't see Abbott wanting to do anything to negate any 2A freedoms - and even if he wanted to he'd either have to call a special session of the legislature or wait until 2022.

Lip service to appease middle of the road voters. Abbott is a pretty damned staunch 2A supporter.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:13:10 AM EDT
[#18]
"Laws" didn't stop the San Bernardino  shooters.  Enrique Marquez Jr. provided firearms to Sayez Farook and Tashfeen Malik.  None of them seemed the least bit concerned about a number of laws they broke over time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:13:11 AM EDT
[#19]
representatives from Google, Facebook and Twitter?  WTF are they in a meeting for?  Screw those asses.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:15:52 AM EDT
[#20]
and why would facebook,  twitter, google even be there?

what do they have to do with it?

mockingbird media much?

they all need anti trusted
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:15:53 AM EDT
[#21]
yeah I've been looking to sell a gun to a terrorist... still looking..
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:18:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Feeble mined feeb
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#23]
It would be better for us all if The State were able to track, process and approve (or deny) every instance in which a gun were to move from one holder to another. This way we can keep the Second Amendment, while also ensuring the safety and happiness of each member of society. The Social Contract mandates that The State preserve the safety and happiness of all persons, and to ensure this, all persons must submit to the judgement of The State in matters of security and The Genera Happiness.

Trust The State.

The State is wise!

ETA -

Besides, freedom will never be under threat in Texas.

Texas is synonymous with freedom.

Restriction of Freedom within The State of Texas is, by general nature, an oxymoron.

Don't be a/an (Oxy)Moron! Trust in The State (of Texas)!
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:31:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Shit, not him too...
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:38:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Well Ole Greg, hope your home is comfortable. Cause I’ll be voting to kick your ass out of the Governor’s Mansion.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:43:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
representatives from Google, Facebook and Twitter?  WTF are they in a meeting for?  Screw those asses.
View Quote
Government has to get somebody to have all your data available for that instant tracking and retrieval old Zbigniew Brzezinski talked about in his book.

"The technetronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities."

Funny he published this in 1971, now his daughter is one of the media talking heads pushing this shit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:50:00 AM EDT
[#27]
There are plenty of gun owners who would support such measures due to pure ignorance. An elected official doing such shouldn't be a shock to anyone.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 2:03:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Government has to get somebody to have all your data available for that instant tracking and retrieval old Zbigniew Brzezinski talked about in his book.

"The technetronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities."

Funny he published this in 1971, now his daughter is one of the media talking heads pushing this shit.
View Quote
cfr trilateral cabalist scum

swamp swamp swamp

these folks need to gitmo
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 2:08:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Texas Governor?
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 2:09:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
this.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 2:13:07 AM EDT
[#31]
FREEDOM IS SCARY

fuck Gov Abbott
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 2:35:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Shooter's mother called because she didn't think he was too young to own that rifle, not because she thought he was going to go off an kill all those people.  Let that sink in.

Things will get worse until we, as a society, correct our core problems, not the symptoms.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 2:41:27 AM EDT
[#33]
It’s shaping up to be a perfect fucking storm. I never thought I’d see all this, but I’m seeing it. Maybe it won’t be as bad as it looks, but all the signs are there for a major realignment of gun laws.

Politicos on both sides of the aisle are talking the gun grabber talking points, the NRA is catatonic and in  CYA mode while having been on the record for several different new controls, and actual  attacks are becoming ever more frequent, stirring up womens emotions.  The President has vacillated back and forth on what he wants to do while having zero real ideology and having just made felons out of 350,000 people.

All the shit my dad warned me about happening is looking like it may happen.

I’m so glad I bought all the shit I did this past year. I just hope they don’t come looking for it.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 3:05:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What is the data on firearms purchased via private sales being used in crimes, where both parties were not prohibited persons?  I cannot imagine these people believe banning private sales is going to have any influence on crime rates.
View Quote
According to FBI stats....its ~2%

Its about impeding gun ownership and creating fedral gun registry
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 3:28:54 AM EDT
[#35]
More people are killed on Texas highways than in any other state and they want to take away our guns because of a couple nut jobs. Fuck all these turncoat politicians they’re all against freedom.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 3:37:17 AM EDT
[#36]
There has never been a law that stopped any criminal from doing anything. Laws only affect the law abiding. Tick tock motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Ignorant/chickenshit politicians will continue to crawl out of the woodwork in droves from now on. The word "turncoat" will get much play from now on. I believe we are royally fooked as a country and as gun owners. ??????
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
Since 90+% of the mass shooters pass a background check I guess the .gov has no problem selling guns to terroists or drug cartels for that matter.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Lol

View Quote
LOL this.

It's just so obvious. Rainbows and unicorns if you can just get rid of the scary pew-pew things.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Since 90+% of the mass shooters pass a background check I guess the .gov has no problem selling guns to terroists or drug cartels for that matter.
View Quote
I'm sure they're working fast and furious on it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He doesn’t have a leg to stand on but he chaired the gun violence meeting. He was on a roll.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

We were baggage two decades ago
But gun owners buried their heads in the sand
As a group we allowed this to happen, no ones fault but our own
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't see Abbott wanting to do anything to negate any 2A freedoms - and even if he wanted to he'd either have to call a special session of the legislature or wait until 2022.

Lip service to appease middle of the road voters. Abbott is a pretty damned staunch 2A supporter.
View Quote
It's true that he's paid lip service to the antis before but not really acted on it.  But it's also true that an angry response each time plus pressure by TSRA forced his hand off the button.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
This right here. Abbott has proven time and time again that he will "talk" with the left but nothing comes of it.

Talking in meetings while he's actually trying to count the ceiling tiles acting like he is listening is more than likely is what's happening.

I could be wrong and I have been before. It seems we are playing the end game and everyone is against the 2a right now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Ignorant/chickenshit politicians will continue to crawl out of the woodwork in droves from now on. The word "turncoat" will get much play from now on. I believe we are royally fooked as a country and as gun owners. ??????
View Quote
Ignorant/chickenshit gun owners will continue to stand around and do nothing.
The word "patriot" is meaningless today, much easier type on the internet.
I believe we are royally fooked until people choose to unass the couch.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There has never been a law that stopped any criminal from doing anything. Laws only affect the law abiding. Tick tock motherfuckers.
View Quote
Tick tock?
What....are you counting the seconds gun owners sit on ass?
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
He doesn't have a leg to stand on but he chaired the gun violence meeting. He was on a roll.
View Quote
Well played.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Feeble mined feeb
View Quote
.....is still kicking your ass.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
They know they can completely fuck gun owners and 99.9% of those very same gun owners will line up to vote for them because "the other guy is worse". They know it. They count on it. We have multi page threads here about how you still need to vote for the lesser of two evils.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
So we're finally going to put eric holder in jail? Way past time for that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top