Link Posted: 12/31/2022 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#1]
State of Jefferson > Greater Idaho
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Good for them! I wish them luck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Get everything east of the Cascades in Washington as well......except maybe Spokane.

eta..Actually I think expelling Portland and Seattle and letting them be their own little city states would be better
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I should buy property in eastern Oregon...
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]

If you live in Oregon and are in support of this please contact your Stare Reps. The organizers are trying to get a resolution introduced and onto the flloor. A State resolution would only require official negotiation to start with Idaho's Legislature
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#6]
And there it. Is. Balkanization begins in USA.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Having lived in both western and eastern Washington, just divide Oregon and Washington with a North-South line, rather than an East-West line. Down the Cascades would do fine.

Same number of states.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed, I don't want any part of Oregon.  Least of all Ontario.  Fucking gross!
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Get everything east of the Cascades in Washington as well......except maybe Spokane.

eta..Actually I think expelling Portland and Seattle and letting them be their own little city states would be better
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Been posted here several times over the last couple of years. It’s not gonna get anywhere. Way too many hurdles for it to happen.

Regardless of how residents vote, to actually change the states' borders would require lawmakers in Oregon, Idaho and U.S. Congress to sign off on it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:07:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

eta..Actually I think expelling Nuking Portland and Seattle and letting them be their own little city states smoking  holes would be better
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#13]
so, what are all the "...drr just move to anudder state" bro's say, when the lib states move to them?

Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#14]
They can make new states, but leave Idaho as Idaho. We really don't need more people from OR and WA. The less-insane parts of those states can eject the big cities and do their own thing if they want.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

How so? It only covers SW OR and NorCal.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:15:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
This isn't anything new, you had the State of Jefferson movement back before WWII. Various secession movements within states to leave and join other states, etc....

I support it in the simple principle that people should have the right to be represented. The rural areas feel underrepresented and they are. But people make up a state not dirt and trees. Thus the rural populations want to secede and form Greater Idaho.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
so, what are all the "...drr just move to anudder state" bro's say, when the lib states move to them?

View Quote
Dirt and trees don't make up a state. People do. The majority of the population of Oregon is urban, not rural. Thus, the state government reflects that. If you go back far enough, libs moved to California during and soon after the Great Depression and started the downward trend.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

What do you propose?
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

The US was balkanized at its inception. We were never one single nation, but a union of nation states that formed a government together to win a war of independence and to grow economically and provide protection to one another from outside threats. After we won our independence and stated expansion, we balkanized even more over slave owning support or non support. With the Louisiana purchase, we went further into those territories by compromising and adding one free state for every slave state. We are not one nation, and the quicker we get back to functioning like that, the sooner we can get back to the constitution, because that's what the constitution spells out.

We are not going to get better as a nation until we strip away power from the liberal communists. The way to do that under our system of government is by population adjustment, by forming new states from old one, making the rural areas larger in population, and reducing the commie population's control. This is the only way forward, other than a civil war at some point, or a revolution, of course not by our side, but as always, by the communists as they try to overthrow the constitution by force.

We only have two realistic options when everything is controlled by the commies in the federal government and many state governments.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is nothing new out here.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#21]
As good as that would be

They should just split West Oregon/East Oregon!
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I would love to see that happen. Oregon is a beautiful state ran by imbeciles.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This right here...while I'm all for parts of states trying to get the hell away from the tyranny, this might not turn out good.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you took a line that is about 30 miles east of Interstate 5 from the Canadian border south to about 50 miles south of Eugene, Oregon, you could make that the liberal Oregon/Washington.  The remainder of both states are much more conservative and would probably vote to go with greater Idaho/Jefferson (with the exception of Deschutes County around Bend, Oregon).
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#25]
"The United State of Idaho", YESSS!!! (fist-pump)
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Ask anyone from Idaho if they support this.Beacause I want to date a supermodel doesnt mean she wants to date me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Unless you have some way of keeping the locusts out, this is just a fantasy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm living in my own private Idaho.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ask anyone from Idaho if they support this.Beacause I want to date a supermodel doesnt mean she wants to date me.
View Quote

The positive sales pitch for this happening is "All those people moving from OR to ID that you hate? Yeah, they'll stay put because now they would be free of OR politics/taxes/etc. without having to relocate." So, if letting them be ID residents without crowding our traffic and messing with our housing market = yeah, that's a benefit.
Further, the pitch purports that the people that vote to leave OR are probably not Portland liberals – they like the mess they've created. Idaho gets more tax dollars and a bigger voting block without crowding the existing borders. Hooray, say some.

The negative side pitch back: you've got to figure: Yeah, it'll probably prevent some people from moving to crowd up ID, but next few elections, there's no way all those Oregonians were salt-of-the-earth conservatives. Perhaps a majority because they otherwise wouldn't have voted to leave, right? Mmmm... maybe. But the trapped liberals in those counties will immedately start voting anti-Idaho values and tip things wrong for the whole state in a few years. Boo say some.

It's an interesting experiment. My family is mostly ID native, not sure where I stand.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Having lived in both western and eastern Washington, just divide Oregon and Washington with a North-South line, rather than an East-West line. Down the Cascades would do fine.

Same number of states.
View Quote

And then Spokane and Bend become the cities that rule the roost. With the Hispanic vote it becomes a purple state at best. Still better than the current situation though.

Link Posted: 12/31/2022 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The US was balkanized at its inception. We were never one single nation, but a union of nation states that formed a government together to win a war of independence and to grow economically and provide protection to one another from outside threats. After we won our independence and stated expansion, we balkanized even more over slave owning support or non support. With the Louisiana purchase, we went further into those territories by compromising and adding one free state for every slave state. We are not one nation, and the quicker we get back to functioning like that, the sooner we can get back to the constitution, because that's what the constitution spells out.

We are not going to get better as a nation until we strip away power from the liberal communists. The way to do that under our system of government is by population adjustment, by forming new states from old one, making the rural areas larger in population, and reducing the commie population's control. This is the only way forward, other than a civil war at some point, or a revolution, of course not by our side, but as always, by the communists as they try to overthrow the constitution by force.

We only have two realistic options when everything is controlled by the commies in the federal government and many state governments.
View Quote

I agree with most of which you stated. However, the vote cheating, i.e. stuffing ballot boxes, counting votes for weeks after an election, Dominion vote cheating machines, etc. must be addressed, too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Greater Idaho will never happen and the carve out around Bend OR is hilarious.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm fine with it. fucking liberals are cancer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#34]
So this desire/rumor/idea  has been going around and around for years.

It will never happen.

Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#35]
AIUI, The Constitution says that both Congress and the State Legislature must consent to any alterations to a State’s territory.   The Counties don’t get a say.

So it’s unlikely to happen.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Would be better as Eastern Oregon.

2 more red senators.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#37]
They should expand north.

What can the Canucks do?
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#38]
I’d like the state of Superior to exist
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's already started. We just haven't moved the lines yet...
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I'd like to a push for a new state for the group wanting to go Idaho.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Do it
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly. Screw Washington, Screw Oregon. We dont want you.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 7:36:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/31/2022 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#44]
They need to one a little further west n
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Good for them! I wish them luck.
View Quote

And may the Southern counties and Northern California counties secede and become Jefferson!
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They need to one a little further west n
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2022 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Some of us gave up a hell of a lot to move out of that area, so if you want to live in Idaho then fucking work for it.

I don't want any part of this, although having a port in Idaho would be kind of cool.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The positive sales pitch for this happening is "All those people moving from OR to ID that you hate? Yeah, they'll stay put because now they would be free of OR politics/taxes/etc. without having to relocate." So, if letting them be ID residents without crowding our traffic and messing with our housing market = yeah, that's a benefit.
Further, the pitch purports that the people that vote to leave OR are probably not Portland liberals – they like the mess they've created. Idaho gets more tax dollars and a bigger voting block without crowding the existing borders. Hooray, say some.

The negative side pitch back: you've got to figure: Yeah, it'll probably prevent some people from moving to crowd up ID, but next few elections, there's no way all those Oregonians were salt-of-the-earth conservatives. Perhaps a majority because they otherwise wouldn't have voted to leave, right? Mmmm... maybe. But the trapped liberals in those counties will immedately start voting anti-Idaho values and tip things wrong for the whole state in a few years. Boo say some.

It's an interesting experiment. My family is mostly ID native, not sure where I stand.
View Quote

No, if you live in Idaho and are a conservative, Boo Say all.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And then Spokane and Bend become the cities that rule the roost. With the Hispanic vote it becomes a purple state at best. Still better than the current situation though.

View Quote

Better for whom?
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure they can, can they?

That looks like piracy to me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top