User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I forget the details of the story, but it seems like it was a decade ago.  Some good guy took out a bad guy from some distance like 80yd with a revolver shot, braced off the hood of his truck.
I remember seeing the interview with him on the youtube but its been forever ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
An M&P no less

I forget the details of the story, but it seems like it was a decade ago.  Some good guy took out a bad guy from some distance like 80yd with a revolver shot, braced off the hood of his truck.
I remember seeing the interview with him on the youtube but its been forever ago.

Yup. I recall that one too.

Shootout (in a trailer park?) between LE and a scumbag. Regular Joe used his .357 revolver to assist the LEO.

***beat
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That may have been the Draw Mohamad event in Garland, Texas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That may have been the Draw Mohamad event in Garland, Texas.
Nah, different incident. Not to understate the response in that incident, that guy deserves more than honorable mention.

Active Killer Debrief: Two Similar Events With Very Different Outcomes

Link Posted: 7/22/2022 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I happened to try the shot.  Rapid fire with my carry gun (glock) braced against a pole...

https://i.postimg.cc/gkLHKzSn/65190-A1-C-A0-BE-4-AA2-BAE0-40-A9-A944-CA59.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/kMpy86y0/B19895AB-818C-4CBE-BCF6-4FBB5ABA74C8.jpg
View Quote

And you shot what, 250 rounds?
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Worst major thread title on epic event in ARFCOM history.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:44:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And this is ine of the factors that makes me think that 15 seconds was the time from the AS's first shot, to the AS's last shot (or when he got dropped, or possibly dropped the rifle after being hit).

That twig managed to fire off 24 rounds. He doesn't strike me as a Jerry Miculek type who squeezed off 24 rounds in 5 seconds before taking 8 rounds in the next 10 seconds.
Watch ANY of the videos of recent twig scumbags. They don't fire that fast.

Thing is, ALL the articles and statements are super vague (and none of the shitty journalists nowadays, even thought about asking for any clarification).

THIS article seems to indicate that my assumption was correct, 15 seconds is the timeframe from the AS's first shot to the time his last shot (when he was either dropped, or stopped after taking hits), which is why I asked if there had been any clarification/confirmation one way or the other (and then the autistic screeching began with the. "Just bEcuZ uR nOt peRfeShNul eNuFF!" BS).

https://abc7chicago.com/greenwood-park-mall-shooting-jonathan-sapirman-shooter/12063403/

Sure, I practice hitting beer cans freehand with a pistol at 20-25 yards. Even a twig sized target at 40 yards is bigger, but between reaction/comprehension time, going from chilling at the mall while eating cookies, to "Shit! Some scumbag's shooting up the place!", to PID'ing the shooter 40 yards away in a populated mall, bracing against a column etc. (And as mentioned, taking into account how long a scumbag twig takes to fire 24 rounds; it's a reasonable question. Now, folks can get back to their autistic screeching).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of 5.56 casings on the ground. I wonder if the GS caught him during a reload.

Twenty-four 5.56 rounds shot so less than a typical standard capacity magazine.

And this is ine of the factors that makes me think that 15 seconds was the time from the AS's first shot, to the AS's last shot (or when he got dropped, or possibly dropped the rifle after being hit).

That twig managed to fire off 24 rounds. He doesn't strike me as a Jerry Miculek type who squeezed off 24 rounds in 5 seconds before taking 8 rounds in the next 10 seconds.

Thing is, ALL the articles and statements are super vague (and none of the shitty journalists nowadays, even thought about asking for any clarification).

THIS article seems to indicate that my assumption was correct, 15 seconds is the timeframe from the AS's first shot to the time his last shot (when he was either dropped, or stopped after taking hits), which is why I asked if there had been any clarification/confirmation one way or the other (and then the autistic screeching began with the. "Just bEcuZ uR nOt peRfeShNul eNuFF!" BS).

https://abc7chicago.com/greenwood-park-mall-shooting-jonathan-sapirman-shooter/12063403/

Sure, I practice hitting beer cans freehand with a pistol at 20-25 yards. Even a twig sized target at 40 yards is bigger, but between reaction/comprehension time, going from chilling at the mall while eating cookies, to "Shit! Some scumbag's shooting up the place!", to PID'ing the shooter 40 yards away in a populated mall, bracing against a column etc. (And as mentioned, taking into account how long a scumbag twig takes to fire 24 rounds; it's a reasonable question. Now, folks can get back to their autistic screeching).

Yeah, I tend to agree. It sounds more likely.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of 5.56 casings on the ground. I wonder if the GS caught him during a reload.

The PD said they won't release the surveillance video, but I think they're going to have to at some point. Someone will file a FOIA if nothing else.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#7]
For those interested Eli's attorney just started his radio show.  I'm driving at the moment but I think you can stream at wibc.com
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The PD said they won't release the surveillance video, but I think they're going to have to at some point. Someone will file a FOIA if nothing else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it still covered by FOIA since it was a private system
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s part of the governmental record. It’s fair game.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Indiana is on a roll this week.  Lol

https://www.wibc.com/news/local-indiana/state-trooper-hit-suspect-captured-by-armed-citizens/
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Indiana is on a roll this week.  Lol

https://www.wibc.com/news/local-indiana/state-trooper-hit-suspect-captured-by-armed-citizens/
View Quote

Indiana man is the opposite of florida man.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Guy didn't say much on specifics (which didn't surprise me).. but he did mention that Shannon Watts and Sunny Hostin should "get ready for some mail", as he was talking about Eli being defamed when they said he was carrying in the mall illegally

I hope he goes after them, especially Watts.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Man I'm not sure if this stuff is happening more often, or the press is just wetting their pants to report them now..  If you're not familiar with the city, that is a pretty rough side of town.  I'm assuming if it was financially feasible for the man, he'd probably move.

https://fox59.com/news/indycrime/indy-homeowner-speaks-out-after-killing-intruder-theres-consequences/

Unfortunately, the violence is nothing new to Howard. Police reports show it’s not the first time he had to use force to defend his property.

In November 2014, police were called to the same address after an intruder kicked in Howard’s door.

“He took a gamble thinking I wasn’t there, and I happened to be there,” said Murphy in 2014.

Speaking eight years ago, Howard described shooting that suspect in the leg. The wounded crook ran away before being caught and eventually convicted of breaking into Howard’s home.

“He reached for something. I don’t know if it was a sledge hammer, but he reached for something and was getting ready to strike me, and that’s when shots were fired,” said Murphy in 2014.

Howard was cleared of any wrong doing in 2014.

“I don’t go out looking for trouble. I mind my own business,” said Murphy on Friday.

After cooperating with police and being released from custody following the overnight killing, Howard hopes the shootings serve a lesson to any other would-be thieves.

“I hate that it happened. I hope these other guys learn a lesson from it. If not, there’s plenty of spots over in Crown Hill,” said Murphy. “I don’t want it to be like that, but just like the average worker, I work hard for what I’ve got. If you come and take it, there’s consequences behind that.”

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Guy didn't say much on specifics (which didn't surprise me).. but he did mention that Shannon Watts and Sunny Hostin should "get ready for some mail", as he was talking about Eli being defamed when they said he was carrying in the mall illegally

View Quote

Shannon Watts and The View are on Rittenhouse's radar. He needs to go after both of them hard. It can't happen soon enough.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 3:00:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Shannon Watts and The View are on Rittenhouse's radar. He needs to go after both of them hard. It can't happen soon enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couldn't agree more.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fucking this.

I hope he sues them both so hard that they are both ‘demanding action’ on screen to pay the settlement.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I haven't been back to this thread in a bit.  Has the dead shit stain been named yet..??

I haven't seen anything
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I haven't been back to this thread in a bit.  Has the dead shit stain been named yet..??

I haven't seen anything
View Quote

Because mass shooter with a rifle was taken out with a quickness by somebody armed with a concealed handgun.

Complete memory holed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Because mass shooter with a rifle was taken out with a quickness by somebody armed with a concealed handgun.

Complete memory holed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't seen anything

Complete memory holed.

My shocked face
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Bumping for info.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bumping for info.
View Quote

Nothing really, although Sen. Mike Braun (R-IN) introduced a resolution in the US Senate to honor the victims and the man who took them down.

https://fox59.com/news/indiana-senators-to-honor-victims-of-greenwood-shooting-elisjsha-dicken/

On a positive note, another one this morning..  For those not familiar with the city, Cumberland is just east of Indy.. and while Cumberland itself is pretty quiet (except one little ghetto Section 8 complex), ghetto goblins from the east side of Indy have been known for a while to go there because it's very easy in and out.. usually..lol

https://fox59.com/news/indycrime/deadly-shooting-reported-in-cumberland-area/
Page / 22
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top