Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
i never taped dynamite at the mines......i dont get it....other than hoot did it in BHD
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Gee.  I wish I had some grenades so I could decide whether or not I wanted to tape them.

Link Posted: 7/4/2008 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I carryed two M67 frags in pouches mounted upside down on my vest so I could get um out faster. I was told to tape mine, I dident. I wont tape the grenade because I wont be able to use it fast enough. It already takes a long time to get the frag out, pull the pin, snap the safety clip off the spoon, cook it off, then throw it. The process also takes both hands.

If you ask me the grenade needs to be re-designed to use with one hand.

yea, at first I was a little worried about the grenades always checking them. You are carrying a bomb on your chest. When you carry them every day, after a while it's like carrying ammo, you dont even think about it.

Link Posted: 7/4/2008 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Winters taped his grenades in WW2, once in the book he mentions throwing a grenade and then realizing the spoon was taped.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Grenades: What's All This Taping About?
June 27, 2008
Army News Service|by Pamela J. Proper

... Baker should know, he has nearly thirty years of experience in the ammunition business which started when he was drafted during Vietnam...

No disrespect but 'nearly 30' years ago was 1978 or later.  Saigon had fallen three years before.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The safety clips are frequently lost. ASPs alwauys have extras.  As do many soldiers who have thrown a few.

I like to wear this when I drink sometimes.

I'm kidding, I wear it to bed.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 5:19:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have you ever pulled a grenade pin?  It takes some serious pull... try doing that with your teeth and you'll end up pulling your teeth out

It's nice that Hollywood makes it look easy, but in reality, that's simply false.  

NG buddy of mine did that in training many years ago with a smoke. Lost two teeth.

He hadn't even bent the ends of the pin together.

Stupid hurts.
It is actually not hard to do if you bend the pin straght.  Thats where the myth had to have started you can pull a pin with your teeth if you bend it straight still hurts a little though.

Exactly. Bending the ends on the pin together hadn't occured to him though....
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 5:34:25 AM EDT
[#8]
we dont even have a million grenades?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top