Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
So the first petition bans any semi-auto rifle that can hold 10 or more rounds, which includes every detachable magazine rifle built, many tube magazine rimfire rifles, and possibly semi-auto shotguns that can fire Aguila mini-shells.  So the nonsensical term "assault weapon" morphs yet again...  What is not clear is what happens if somebody travels into Florida with one of these prohibited weapons.  Based on the language of the petition, it appears that you can still own a Glock with 33 round magazines, or a "firearm" with high capacity magazines.

The second petition essentially turns Florida into a police state.  It strips away the right of self-defense, designates any firearm with a capacity of >7 rounds as a "military-style" weapon, bans "sniper rifles", bans guns that can "in any manner" to be modified into full auto, compels the surrender of these firearms without compensation, and enacts bans for people who are bad drivers.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#2]
well, just darn.

I guess the only thing to do now, is to punish all of the republican florida legislature, by pushing to not re-elect any of them, for not passing pro gun constitutional amendments that would have protected gun rights in the past.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I think these might be two separate petitions?

I don't see them going for speeding violations and domestic violence "investigations" nullifying constitutional rights. My congressman isn't that stupid. He wants to violate my human rights in a slightly more deniable way.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#4]
So only the police and criminals have guns. Makes sense.

Fucking idiot left. Always.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They want to designate the National Guard and Police as the militia...

Lets see what Madison and Mason have to say about that?

How are they not in violation of their oaths?
View Quote
Ah, Federalist #46, my favorite.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Why not get 766k votes for a admendmnet to stop any new gun laws?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
With the correct message, that could pass.
Knowing Florida, probably all the amendments would pass, leaving the constitution to directly contradict itself.  What would happen then?  The Hawaii judge would have to suspend the pro-gun amendment indefinitely.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#8]
BAWNdo: It's got what Florida craves!
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Will this need 60% approval by the voters rather than 50% ? If so it's probably going to hard for them to get 60% esp with the drastic changes in prohibited persons.
View Quote
Both require 60%. Both are separate ballot Petitions.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This will not hold up in court as written, they plan on taking your 2a rights if you have had your license suspended for excessive speeding, even CJ Roberts will smack that down.
View Quote
It is two separate petitions. The AWB one will pass Constitutional scrutiny.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So the first petition bans any semi-auto rifle that can hold 10 or more rounds, which includes every detachable magazine rifle built, many tube magazine rimfire rifles, and possibly semi-auto shotguns that can fire Aguila mini-shells.  So the nonsensical term "assault weapon" morphs yet again...  What is not clear is what happens if somebody travels into Florida with one of these prohibited weapons.  Based on the language of the petition, it appears that you can still own a Glock with 33 round magazines, or a "firearm" with high capacity magazines.

The second petition essentially turns Florida into a police state.  It strips away the right of self-defense, designates any firearm with a capacity of >7 rounds as a "military-style" weapon, bans "sniper rifles", bans guns that can "in any manner" to be modified into full auto, compels the surrender of these firearms without compensation, and enacts bans for people who are bad drivers.
View Quote
If this were to pass, publish and publicize a manual describing how to turn Any firearm including lever and bolt actions into an automatic weapon (use robitics where neccessary)  And force them to ban and confiscate everything as quickly as possible.  Might as well push them to their extreme earlier than they might like.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think these might be two separate petitions?

I don't see them going for speeding violations and domestic violence "investigations" nullifying constitutional rights. My congressman isn't that stupid. He wants to violate my human rights in a slightly more deniable way.
View Quote
Yes, they are two separate petitions. Clearly stated in the OP.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How'd that work out for MD again?

This needs to be paid attention to.  I don't live in FL, and at this rate I purposely never will because I value my rights and freedoms.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
fuck em
How'd that work out for MD again?

This needs to be paid attention to.  I don't live in FL, and at this rate I purposely never will because I value my rights and freedoms.
My Virginia Brother. We have issues too...

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yup just responded, i think there is hope that this is so badly written and restrictive that it gets slammed in the courts and FAST. even if voted in
View Quote
I think its likely it won't pass in the first place.

If your hope is in the courts to slap it down...they might but they might only slap down the prohibited person infringements, and leave the AW ban part alone ?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
That is my thoughts.

I realize many gun owners are lazy, but I still think you could get 766k signatures in a state as big as Florida with this much time in front of us.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Crap.

Well 60% is still pretty high bar, they may not pass. I certainly hope so, that shit spreads. This whole nation is going to be under the boot soon.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That is my thoughts.

I realize many gun owners are lazy, but I still think you could get 766k signatures in a state as big as Florida with this much time in front of us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is my thoughts.

California Gun Owners didn't sign a petition to stop their nonsense and they needed 650k signatures. What makes you think Floridians are any different?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Crap.

Well 60% is still pretty high bar, they may not pass. I certainly hope so, that shit spreads. This whole nation is going to be under the boot soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crap.

This pas election, all but one of the ballot amendments passed the 60% threshold. This could very well pass.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Dope is also gaining some serious capital too for their petition.

Regulate Marijuana in a Manner Similar to Alcohol to Establish Age, Licensing, and Other Restrictions

Regulates marijuana (hereinafter "cannabis") for limited use and growing by persons twenty-one years of age or older. State shall adopt regulations to issue, renew, suspend, and revoke licenses for cannabis cultivation, product manufacturing, testing and retail facilities. Local governments may regulate facilities' time, place and manner and, if state fails to timely act, may license facilities. Does not affect compassionate use of low-THC cannabis, nor immunize federal law violations.
View Quote
Campaign Finance Records -  Sensible Florida, Inc.

This will get the Leftist vote out in force. Plus the Presidential Election and the fact that felons now have the right to vote.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would bet money that the commies will get a weed law on the ballot to turn out more leftists.
View Quote
Of course they will.

And of course the GOP is too fucking stupid to see the obvious writing on the wall.  They have only seen the effects of these ballot initiatives for almost a decade now......you can't rush into these things.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good idea
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#23]
This is going to be a topic on The Legal Brief.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#24]
So would this ban all semi autos?  As in pistols as well?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So would this ban all semi autos?  As in pistols as well?
View Quote
Read the two petitions posted in OP. The first one is any long gun that is semiautomatic and holds ten rounds or more. Thesecond one is everything.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Floridians that are 2nd Amendment supporters need to get their asses to the polls in 2020.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Very dangerous to think they aren't a threat. Floridians just passed a Constitutional Amendment to automatically restore convicted felons of their voting rights and that needed over 60% voter approval.

This shit is dangerous.
View Quote
Exactly.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Amend the State Constitution and get an AWB passed.
View Quote
This - and ban Lefty cucks who have no idea how to protect their family or their Country.

We should also pass a law requiring everyone to serve at least two years in the military as soon as they turn 18 and every household must keep a modern day musket at the ready.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This pas election, all but one of the ballot amendments passed the 60% threshold. This could very well pass.
View Quote
It could and it wouldn't surprise me, but you'll see more opposition to banning guns than something like felons voting.

But your odds are much better at 60% than a mere majority.

It is not something I'd take lightly, but I think the odds are probably are our favor. But not enough so where we can rest easy or ignore it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Regulate Marijuana in a Manner Similar to Alcohol to Establish Age, Licensing, and Other Restrictions

This will get the Leftist vote out in force. Plus the Presidential Election and the fact that felons now have the right to vote.
View Quote
I'm not a fan of marijuana, but in the interest of removing the democrats weapon we need to just legalize it. Florida should just legalize it by legislation before 2020.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Regulates marijuana (hereinafter "cannabis") for limited use and growing by persons twenty-one years of age or older. State shall adopt regulations to issue, renew, suspend, and revoke licenses for cannabis cultivation, product manufacturing, testing and retail facilities. Local governments may regulate facilities' time, place and manner and, if state fails to timely act, may license facilities. Does not affect compassionate use of low-THC cannabis, nor immunize federal law violations.
View Quote

View Quote
If republicans had any fucking sense, they would decriminalize marijuana and take so much wind out of the commie fucks' sails! I've been saying it for years, especially when it comes up on ballot initiatives, that it drives otherwise lazy liberal dipshits (thricely redundant) to the polls. I know they're all in one giant circle jerk together but republicans always seem to try and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If republicans had any fucking sense, they would decriminalize marijuana and take so much wind out of the commie fucks' sails! I've been saying it for years, especially when it comes up on ballot initiatives, that it drives otherwise lazy liberal dipshits (thricely redundant) to the polls. I know they're all in one giant circle jerk together but republicans always seem to try and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
View Quote
I am convinced many don't even want to win. They are happy with the power being the minority party gives them, and they don't want to be responsible for much.

Its just a game, and we end up losing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Has Marion Hammer written a sternly worded letter yet?
View Quote
Too much effort for Florida NRA
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
you just have to threaten all the republicans that you will punish them, by getting them voted out of office for not supporting any pro gun legislation.
View Quote
Damn you are butthurt over 6 people not voting for Scott lol
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I would bet money that the commies will get a weed law on the ballot to turn out more leftists.
View Quote
Pot needles, freedom, and a peninsula, lets fuck this up.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well, most states allow felons to vote after they are out of the system. So welcome to America, Florida.

Your logic.

I am afraid of what you will do with your right to vote.

Their logic.

I am afraid of what you will do with your right to bear arms.

No logic.

ETA: You are the one that brought the issue up.
View Quote
We always had a system where felons can get their rights back, but to took a conscience effort to get it done. Now al th4 Democrats have to do it buss em to the polls and give them $100 with no effort on their part. It would be money well spent by them to buss as many as they can to the polls and pay them to vote.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Will this need 60% approval by the voters rather than 50% ? If so it's probably going to hard for them to get 60% esp with the drastic changes in prohibited persons.
View Quote
Yes 60% is needed to ratify it into our state constitution. But people are fucking stupid.... They will read Assault weapon ban and think, ok yeah.... i can buy into banning assault rifles and will vote for it. People wont even research the nuts and bolts of it even though it would potentially affect them. FWIW almost 30k people couldnt even figure out there was a senator vote on the ballot in one county alone and left it blank.

We are going to have to follow this closely, scream very loud, make as much noise as possible, and start a fire under gun owners here. I think it reaches too far and it may be a saving grace. Hoping they choose not to have the measure submitted for a vote like last time, and if it does the 3 Fl. supreme justices Desantis will seat can handle this properly if it reaches the courts.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
well, just darn.

I guess the only thing to do now, is to punish all of the republican florida legislature, by pushing to not re-elect any of them, for not passing pro gun constitutional amendments that would have protected gun rights in the past.
View Quote
Basically, now what?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Floridians that are 2nd Amendment supporters need to get their asses to the polls in 2020.
View Quote
All 3 of us thank you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
fuck em
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Very dangerous to think they aren't a threat. Floridians just passed a Constitutional Amendment to automatically restore convicted felons of their voting rights and that needed over 60% voter approval.

This shit is dangerous.
View Quote
Two words

Rick Scott.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#42]
That amendment is so poorly written the writers should be ashamed. They are literally begging to be subjugated.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Rick Scott made a clear, straightforward procedure for reinstatement of rights to being a cluster fuck because of his ego and petty fiefdom rule. That in turn gave the Left the fuel needed for the fire that was this last election.
View Quote
He is the gift that keeps on giving.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rick Scott made a clear, straightforward procedure for reinstatement of rights to being a cluster fuck because of his ego and petty fiefdom rule. That in turn gave the Left the fuel needed for the fire that was this last election.
Stop it guys, facts are stupid.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
If that amendment even gets on the ballot it's a travesty.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Another day in the Republican Party of Florida.
View Quote
^^^^
THIS.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
As much as I hate the anti gun amendment, it might be what is needed to get people to the polls in 2020.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Does Florida have a meaningful state-level gun rights group? Any hope of organizing a counter petition to affirm gun rights?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We always had a system where felons can get their rights back, but to took a conscience effort to get it done. Now al th4 Democrats have to do it buss em to the polls and give them $100 with no effort on their part. It would be money well spent by them to buss as many as they can to the polls and pay them to vote.
View Quote
Republicans can do the same thing
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
As much as I hate the anti gun amendment, it might be what is needed to get people to the polls in 2020.
View Quote
And this is why I did not vote for Rick Scott. So not this poster- In general, we as an in-perfect union, will sell out an entire states 2nd amendment to keep theirs.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top