Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In before the "seller" makes a thread explaining how he made up an elaborate story on losing the gun after seeing the buyers history and not wanting to roll the dice on getting paid or not.
View Quote

Someone needs to message the guy and get him in here.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Paging @akguy1985  
View Quote

Can I help you?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This one was in Florida.

This is a 308 PTR-91 308 WIN, 18"FLUTED BBL, scope rail with a BUSHNELL SCOPE. HAS a bi pod, The end of stock is adjustable for chin and shoulders. It comes with original case manuel and 2 metal 20 round mags. It is new. I never used
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seller shows in Westfield Pa,  they have gators there?  

This one was in Florida.

This is a 308 PTR-91 308 WIN, 18"FLUTED BBL, scope rail with a BUSHNELL SCOPE. HAS a bi pod, The end of stock is adjustable for chin and shoulders. It comes with original case manuel and 2 metal 20 round mags. It is new. I never used

Based on the wording I would have passed. If you can’t type a reasonable sentence and correctly spell “manual” how can I trust you to describe something accurately much less package some so as to not show up completely fucked from shitty packaging.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So, I bid on a new in box PTR MSG-91 on gunbroker. I won the auction, I just checked my email and this is the message the seller sent me:

We were fishing on the river and I was going to shoot once the rifle at the forest when my Golden Retreiver jump at me and i fell in the river with gun . The river is deep and full of gators I was lucky to get back on the boat but i lost the $1700 rifle. I want to apologize to you but I am out of a rifle and the money i was going to get. The rivers in Florida are filled with gators. I was lucky i was not attacked..

Another word, he literally did lose his gun in a tragic boating accident! I am blown away, I've never had a seller do this to me on gunbroker before. I think it went for too cheap and he wants to relist it.
View Quote

Or he sold it locally for more $$$.

ASshole move that deserves negative feedback.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OP go away
View Quote

How about, no.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Honestly, why do people post this bullshit? OP, log off please.
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Well fuck, this thread took an unexpected turn.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, everybody turning on me. That's okay, you all don't know me. So block me on gunbroker, that's fine, go ahead. I left the guy an F for feedback, he has not responded to my emails. I don't think he would. And my feedback from gunbroker from 13 years ago is not the issue here. He's the one not honoring the deal. I have money, don't worry about that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Can I help you?
View Quote

L
Quoted:

How about, no.
View Quote

O
Quoted:

No
View Quote

L
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:50:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep, everybody turning on me. That's okay, you all don't know me. So block me on gunbroker, that's fine, go ahead. I left the guy an F for feedback, he has not responded to my emails. I don't think he would. And my feedback from gunbroker from 13 years ago is not the issue here. He's the one not honoring the deal. I have money, don't worry about that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t ever sell anything so I haven’t blocked you
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just blocked on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting shit, I hate gunbroker....
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Pretty funny on his part. It’s not easy to fake being illiterate and funny at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:57:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hasn't it been established that an F means nada.

You set yourself up for this one op.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pretty funny on his part. It’s not easy to fake being illiterate and funny at the same time.
View Quote

Should have just told OP he has a car repair bill and had to sell locally for more than the auction so he could get to work. Seller just couldn’t afford to sell it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#16]
OP and seller are a prime example why i dont use gunbroker.

Thanks for keeping out of the EE btw, the members appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

My GB feedback goes back over 20 years.
No negatives.

We're you a less honest person then?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:58:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Same thing happened to me.  Won a revolver cheap. Seller ghosted me and I finally emailed him and told him just forget it. Have fun and good luck on your resale. Not worth pushing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:27:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think your non-paying feedback from 2018, 2016, 3x 2013, 2011, 2010, and 4 times in 2008 is relevant. About half of the items you refused to pay for you left the seller neg feedback as retaliation for your own issues. I wouldn't go as far as making up a BS story but the seller has good reason to avoid selling to you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:35:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think your non-paying feedback from 2018, 2016, 3x 2013, 2011, 2010, and 4 times in 2008 is relevant. About half of the items you refused to pay for you left the seller neg feedback as retaliation for your own issues. I wouldn't go as far as making up a BS story but the seller has good reason to avoid selling to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, so if someone leaves retaliatory feedback in the EE, does it get removed if whatever issue  is handled and its determined the negative feedback wasnt warranted?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:47:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ok, so if someone leaves retaliatory feedback in the EE, does it get removed if whatever issue  is handled and its determined the negative feedback wasnt warranted?
View Quote

Leaving retaliatory feedback in the EE will get you a warning at a minimum.  Gunbrokers feedback system is a different monster.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:44:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

According to the listing description it's used not new.

Bidder blocked, thanks OP.

Also the link OP posted is bad, get rid of the ?a=1 part.
View Quote

@bubbles - You clearly didn't actually read the listing and also don't understand GB rules.  The listing clearly states in the description it's new.  The reason it's listed as used is because GB rules dictate that if you're not an FFL and the firearm has been transferred to you, you cannot list the gun as new.

You should apologize to the OP and the person to whom you responded.

ETA:  @bubbles was 100% right on OP's feedback and blocking OP from bidding, however.  OP has wasted a lot of good people's time in the past.  If I believed in Karma, I'd cite this as a prime example.  Then again, maybe not even.  Maybe the seller just saw OP's feedback and was like, "Nah; not worth my trouble" and then sold it to his buddy Manuel.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:50:47 AM EDT
[#23]
So he was listing it NIB but he was taking it shooting. Either way he is a liar.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#24]
lol@this fuckin thread
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OP continues to step on his own balls
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#26]
It’s hard to get negative feedback as an exclusive buyer on GB. About the only way is not paying for an item you bought.

It’s much easier as a seller since you can’t control what people think/do. Have 1600+ seller feedback and nearly 500 feedback this last year as a seller only and 3 negatives. One for not accepting the payment buyer wanted to send (who didn’t read payment details) and two more for getting an item that had an issue with and I refunded them (yet they didn’t change feedback, respond, etc).

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Seller is a phony and a liar!
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Seller is a phony and a liar!
View Quote

Based on GB feedback so is the buyer.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#29]
That seller is a moron, $275 for 18 aluminum G3 mags? Those things can still be found for less than $5 a piece if you look hard enough.

lol@ the seller's response to the negative

I had no other high bids. I wanted to sell I took the rifle just to be safe. This was my last collectible rifle. Held on to it just in case the 8 foot gators came. This was a powerful rifle.

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you’re saying that you’re a reformed dirtbag?  Maybe so, but clearly not too smart since you didn’t think this through.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

This thread is hilarious. I will agree in this particular transaction the seller screwed you and I don’t think anyone is doubting that. What is so funny is you winning the auction and him not delivering the gun is essentially what you have done multiple times by not paying for auctions you won in the past.

I would be pissed if I won an auction and the seller didn’t deliver and I would be equally pissed if I sold something and the buyer didn’t pay. What happened here seems like a perfect example of karma. The seller did to you what you did to others multiple times.

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That seller is a moron, $275 for 18 aluminum G3 mags? Those things can still be found for less than $5 a piece if you look hard enough.

lol@ the seller's response to the negative

View Quote

I just saw that. Fucking LOL
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Click
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Click
View Quote

Yeah, so much for buying stuff I'm the EE now.

Sorry, op, it's pretty funny.  

It's like vegas, if you dont have the cash, dont place the bet.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#38]
I still can't figure out why the bidder's names are blocked from me seeing them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I still can't figure out why the bidder's names are blocked from me seeing them.
View Quote

I think it is always like that. It is for me. You can however look at the sellers feedback and see the negative review OP left and it shows his name there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I think it is always like that. It is for me. You can however look at the sellers feedback and see the negative review OP left and it shows his name there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya, I did that. Some people in this thread made it sound like you just click on bidding history and you can see the names though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ya, I did that. Some people in this thread made it sound like you just click on bidding history and you can see the names though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cuz that's all you gotta do bro
Attachment Attached File

@M4Real
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Click
View Quote

Kind of hypocritical
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Well, I'm logged in and that shit isn't working.

I've tried it on many different auctions. I wish I knew WTF is going on with it.

Edit: Tried it on my phone and it still doesn't show me the names. WTF?!?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So, I bid on a new in box PTR MSG-91 on gunbroker. I won the auction, I just checked my email and this is the message the seller sent me:

We were fishing on the river and I was going to shoot once the rifle at the forest when my Golden Retreiver jump at me and i fell in the river with gun . The river is deep and full of gators I was lucky to get back on the boat but i lost the $1700 rifle. I want to apologize to you but I am out of a rifle and the money i was going to get. The rivers in Florida are filled with gators. I was lucky i was not attacked..

Another word, he literally did lose his gun in a tragic boating accident! I am blown away, I've never had a seller do this to me on gunbroker before. I think it went for too cheap and he wants to relist it.
View Quote

I had something similar, even similar poor English.  Bought an ACOG.  Buyer said his son knocked it off the table and it broke
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn, op.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Kind of hypocritical
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click

Kind of hypocritical

What does this mean?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#48]
THIS motherf........

I left the guy bad feedback and this is his reply:

Response  (left on 02/10/2021):
I had no other high bids. I wanted to sell I took the rifle just to be safe. This was my last collectible rifle. Held on to it just in case the 8 foot gators came. This was a powerful rifle.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Completely believable!
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
THIS motherf........

I left the guy bad feedback and this is his reply:

Response  (left on 02/10/2021):
View Quote

You funny op.

That review has been posted and quoted in this thread.

Day late and a dollar short.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top