Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/13/2015 11:32:03 PM EDT

HOUSTON (KTRK) --
Homicide investigators are on the scene of a double fatal shooting at a strip center in north Houston.

It happened in the 200 block of Aldine Bender Road and Imperial Valley.

According to investigators, a man and his wife along with their little girl were in a vehicle when a gunman got in the rear passenger side, and pointed a gun at them.

"(He) pointed a gun at her and said gimme all you have," said Houston Police homicide detective Christopher Elder.

The husband pulled a gun and opened fire on the suspect, police say. A gunfight ensued between the driver and the gunman, at close range, inside the car. The driver was shot and killed inside the car.

"The robber, the actual suspect, got out of the car and started to walk back to the other end of the parking lot when he collapsed," said Elder.

The husband and the suspect were both pronounced dead at the scene.

Despite all of the gunfire at such a close range, the wife and child were not injured.

The victim and the suspect have not been identified.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
At least no other little girls will ever be threatened by that piece of shit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy shit!!

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]
As a dad, if that's the way I have to go out, I'll die a proud man.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Wife and kid safe. Well done.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:47:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely.  That's horrible for the wife and daughter but far better than the alternative.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Dad's a fucking HERO!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:51:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:53:26 PM EDT
[#9]
A hero indeed. If you only have one answer in your Rolodex, you will react quickly.

Never let the bad guy dictate your fate.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep!

...and - screenname?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Godspeed, Sir.

You protected your family valiantly, and without regard for your own life. May your memory live on with the honor it deserves.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Dad's doing what dad's have to do.

Good speed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:03:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Godspeed, Sir.

You protected your family valiantly, and without regard for your own life. May your memory live on with the honor it deserves.
View Quote

This
RIP
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#14]
There will be some PTSD from this.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:11:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Am I the only one wondering about the car door not being locked?

The dad did an excellent job protecting is family, but lock your doors!

If the door had been locked and that prevented the dead BG from getting in the car, the dad might still be alive.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#17]
That area is fast becoming the armpit of Houston.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I really hope we can get some more details on this, eventually.

Was dad in driver's seat?  Right handed or left handed?  Carrying in a holster?

A detailed forensic analysis would be really interesting.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:21:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Dying while protecting your wife and child... there are worse ways to go. We know he will be resting in peace.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:32:24 AM EDT
[#20]
That's crazy.

He did his job at a great cost, and I feel terrible for his wife and daughter.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:33:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The husband and father did what any of us would have done in that situation.

He's a hero in my book*

*So long as he wasn't there making a drug deal or some shit.

View Quote

Yeah. Good on him. He protected his family. I'm sure he would have rather died than seen his wife or kids injured.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#22]
If anyone sees a legitimate link to help that family out please post it.

And might as well get this over with..

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:37:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Should have just given them the money. Dude just opened the car door and got in? Major situational awareness fail on their part. At that point, he's already got the drop on you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:39:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Should have just given them the money. Dude just opened the car door and got in? Major situational awareness fail on their part. At that point, he's already got the drop on you.
View Quote

I agree about the door being unlocked. Or maybe the weather was nice and the windows were down.

But no on just giving him "everything you have". That leads to another crime scene.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:43:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I agree he should have tried giving them the money first. Don't know how it went down. Mabe he did, but I know that if your kid
gets in the car they won't likely think to lock the door.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:05:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I agree about the door being unlocked. Or maybe the weather was nice and the windows were down.

But no on just giving him "everything you have". That leads to another crime scene.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would want to live to fight another day. The soundest tactic at that point is compliance. Someone sitting in your backseat with a gun on you? You've already lost.

I would have just given him the money in that situation. Sounds like the dad was one of those I-would-rather-die-than-be-a-victim types. Well, he got his wish. Pulling a gun on someone who already has a gun on you will rarely turn out differently than this story did is my belief. It was truly a no-win situation.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:15:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I would want to live to fight another day. The soundest tactic at that point is compliance. Someone sitting in your backseat with a gun on you? You've already lost.

I would have just given him the money in that situation. Sounds like the dad was one of those I-would-rather-die-than-be-a-victim types. Well, he got his wish. Pulling a gun on someone who already has a gun on you will rarely turn out differently than this story did is my belief. It was truly a no-win situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His wife and child didn't end up raped in a ditch...  I wasn't there.  I'm not going to second guess him.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:18:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

His wife and child didn't end up raped in a ditch...  I wasn't there.  I'm not going to second guess him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This what I mean. He prevented his child and wife from being raped / killed at some location the carjacker said to drive to.

That man did what was necessary to protect his family. It's tragic that he lost his life but he did protect them.

Never, EVER allow yourself to be taken to a second crime scene.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:18:56 AM EDT
[#29]
The Dad did the rest of us a favor.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:27:56 AM EDT
[#30]
No one else is wondering how you miss at that range? Driver should have had element of surprise.

I'm thinking bad drug deal too. Anyone have more details?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:28:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No one else is wondering how you miss at that range? Driver should have had element of surprise.

View Quote

Who missed?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:34:57 AM EDT
[#32]
From what I read so far and leaving out the possibility of any sudden release of information that might completely change the story.

He did what a man should do, he eliminated a violent threat and saved his family.

Sure it cost him his life, but he did it anyway, he did not gamble with what if I go along.. maybe he will let us live.. he did not yield, he acted.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:35:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
It sounded to me like the perp had element of surprise, driver was lucky to get a shot off.

(this is going by the limited info story that excludes any sort of drug deals etc.)

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:56:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:35:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There will be some PTSD from this.
View Quote

and hearing damage.  sux.  at least the kid has a good example of how to be a free man
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:49:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because nobody was ever killed by a robber after they give the criminal everything they own

/
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:55:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Defended his family and died a free man. Much better death than the majority of the plant.

Bravo Sir!

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:04:23 AM EDT
[#38]
They were in a shopping center going to eat.  Car looks like it was parked in a spot (from the news video on the scene) so the doors may have opened when the car stopped. (some makes of auto will automatically unlock all the doors when put into park or the engine is turned off).  Lady in the video looks middle class Anglo (so not the typical drug thug).  I'd say they were in the wrong place at the wrong time just trying to get something to eat.

I am very sad that a good man died protecting his wife and daughter from a P.O.S. robber.  May that criminal scum burn forever in Hell...  

Regarding "Give me everything."   You can always toss the wallet out the car if that is all the bad guy really wants, but If Bad Guy wants you to drive to someplace secluded, a much worse scene may await for his wife and daughter.   Dad was in a no win situation, but put his life on the line to do all he could to fight to keep his wife and child safe.

Kudos to Dad for giving his all to protect his family and may he have the satisfaction of knowing from heaven that he sent that robbing shitbird to Hell.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:21:50 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone wants to live on, but some realize there are worse things than death. They arm themselves with full knowledge that in a gun fight you`re likely to be shot, possibly killed. The father/husband in this story was one of these people. He apparently never said to himself "I`m a free man until someone points a gun at me and my family, then I will be their slave".
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:31:56 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are sheep.  Thank you.

If the only person that can identify who assaulted you, is you.. then,
whose is to say the assaulter should let you live.  Do you think words
on paper will help you?  Maybe some divine intervention?

The
real world is an evil place.  You can think of every possibility of what
may happen, but not everyone is experienced on real
evil shit.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, if I have to pay the ultimate sacrifice for them I've done my job.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The husband and father did what any of us would have done in that situation.

He's a hero in my book*

*So long as he wasn't there making a drug deal or some shit.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:32:39 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Few details.

He may very well have stalled to get the best situation he was going to get in order to defend his family and then went offensive.

Scum that jump in cars and point guns at you are likely not after money. They are car jacking / kidknapping. Your best chance at a good resolution is right now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:40:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Idk, if that's how I would of handled it.

Add this as another tick in the box for some type of light under clothing armour.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He stood, and was still, to the Birkenhead Drill.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Most of the time, the guy robbing does NOT want to kill you; otherwise he would have done it already. In that situation, give all of the material things that you have, because it is NOT worth your life. Also, do people not believe in locking their doors, especially when there is special cargo (daughter) on board?

This is where the father failed:
A. Not locking the doors
B. Poor situational awareness
C. Not complying with demands

This is where the father passed:
A. Not having another's will imposed on him
B. Protecting his family
C. Taking one more piece of shit fuck stain off the street

I firmly believe that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. This is a prime example of being unprepared and prepared at the same time. The father did what he thought was right, paid for it with his life, but was able to protect his daughter and wife.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#49]
That particular area is about five miles from where I live and is absolutely chock full of run down low rent apartments with the largest segment of the population illegal aliens.
It has been a very high crime area for years now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#50]
I dont know this man,but I'll pour a glass of Johnny Blue in his honor tonight.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top