Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Horrific, yes, but after watching my mother’s 10 year bout with Alzheimer’s I would rather be killed by a bear.

Plus, can you imagine your grandchildrens pride telling their friends that their grandpa was killed by a griz while hunting moose?

Double plus - Avenge me!

Same here. Have taken care of my Mom with it for years and about to put her in Nursing in November.  Watching the decline has been devastating and unbelievable.  If i ever find out I have that cruel disease I will go out in a big way like this and save my son years of heartbreak.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So the bear got the dude who left, or it got the guy who stayed to dress the moose?

I agree I would probably try and stay with my buddy in that scenario, and both of us would have rifles loaded with these
View Quote

Yeah, when hunting in griz country, we use the "buddy" system.   If one guy is bent over the carcass, the other guy covers his ass.      Don't split up until the shooter is done and can pay more attention to his surroundings.

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Everyone has a different level of risk tolerance.

To me, this is like skydiving and the parachute doesn’t open. He was doing something he loved and was killed by a rare but not unexpected danger.

It sucks but it beats dying of cancer or killed in a traffic accident on the way home from work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck bears. Fuck nature. Fuck sharks, too, while we’re at it.

I’m not interested in any activity where I’m not at the top of the food chain.

Everyone has a different level of risk tolerance.

To me, this is like skydiving and the parachute doesn’t open. He was doing something he loved and was killed by a rare but not unexpected danger.

It sucks but it beats dying of cancer or killed in a traffic accident on the way home from work.

That's true. Much better than a long goodbye.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
what do they mean by stating  "first of it's kind"?  is this the first Grizzly bear attack ever? or is it shitty reporting.

View Quote

The death is the first known bear mauling fatality at Wrangell-St. Elias.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You are assuming that the dead guy saw it coming and could have done something about it. I have killed several black bears and it is unbelievable how quiet they can be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You are assuming that the dead guy saw it coming and could have done something about it. I have killed several black bears and it is unbelievable how quiet they can be.

Friend and I were hiking around Isle Royale and 4 moose noisily appeared on the trail in front of us to let us know they were there. When they walked off the trail you could have heard a pin dropping they were so quiet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
 We recently had a thread where members were suggesting throwing your backpack to a bear to give him something to investigate and leave you alone - not realizing that this type of behavior helps bears associate people with rewards and food.
View Quote

In a real charge, it might be a somewhat valid "last resort" option if you don't have a firearm or bear spray in hand. Worrying about conditioning the bear is the least of your problems at that point.

However, if you're wearing a pack in the first place, your better option is probably to hunker down and pull it up over your neck and head.  I know one guy who ended up with a mangled pack and bite wounds to his arm, but otherwise unscathed. The bear ended up leaving after it chomped down on a fuel bottle and got a mouthful of white gas.

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah. I've heard field dressing a kill is bad ju ju when bears are active.

There was a local man attacked while on a hunt out west quite a few years ago, and the story was his young female companion shot the bear off of him. The story also said the female companion was not supposed to be along on the trip with the married guy, so he ended up divorced and losing his business.
View Quote

Well at least he lived to lose everything
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I lived there at Eielson Afb for 2 years as a kid. We used to go Blueberry picking and had to have armed Dad's standing watch for Bears.  I bet the 10mm shots never came close to hitting the Bear.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Horrific. Not how I would want to go out.

Did they find the bear?
View Quote

Nothing was left after being shot by a 10mm!
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Not surprising.

Our neighbors in MT see attacks fairly frequently.  

Grizzly range has expanded significantly over just a few years ago and now includes all the areas I hunt in including my ranch. My son is a commercial forester and they all discuss the utility of the 9's and .40's they carry.  I myself carry a 9 when I don't have a rifle w/ me.

Federal support for problematic species include both the wolf and the grizzly.  I find it obscene that grizzly would get any support at all, yet the Feds have wrecked SE ID's hunting traditions w/ their obsession w/ grizzly in specific and predators in general.

Wolves are truly vermin of the worst sort but rarely attack humans under the conditions in which we live today {as opposed to in past centuries} but grizzly get my attention and that of every woods worker I know who works in their locale.  Knowledgeable hunters, too.

In terms of numbers of human dead, grizzly will never approach the carnage of a year of living dangerously in Chicago, but they are a concern.   I have never shot a grizzly, but have killed many black bear and while they are normally no trouble, have been in on a number of fights that were rather exciting, one of which involved me, my .44 revolver and a bear that did not want to die, but finally did at my ankles.  ANY bear is an incredibly tough animal, amazingly fast and they can take an amazing amount of ballistic punishment, an amount that even with a black bear takes a moment to just digest, a moment that with a bear truly intent on doing harm, may wind up being your last moment.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#11]
It's true that grizzly bears will wait in the bushes and ambush you when you least expect it.

I'd stay the hell away from MT to be safe. And would certainly never recommend that anyone from out of state come hunt here. It's just too risky.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Nothing gets the blood flowing like climbing out of a tent and seeing dinner-plate sized tracks near the entry.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've heard rifle shots on Kodiak Island are the same, like dinner bells to the bears.
That's a bad situation because when your done quartering, caping etc, you have to make multiple trips out with that shit strapped to your back too.
View Quote
Same thing at a near by village.
The coastal brownies hear a shot and they run to it looking for a meal.

If there are bears and wolves near by we always keep together.

RIP to the guy killed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#14]
While moose hunting in BC Canada the outfitter had a general policy of no field dressing unless absolutely nessasary to prevent that situation. They had custom ATV trailers built to carry out a whole moose. They would put everyone available to Cut trail before gutting an animal.  

I recently got within 5 feet of a black bear in SE Alaska. It was a hell of an Adrenaline dump.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Amazes me that hunters in Grizzly country would still be solo with a kill when this stuff keeps happening.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Middle of the woods in grizzly country and fresh smell of meat in the air?

You better have one on sentry duty while the other one field dresses.
View Quote

+1
Not the first death in this manner.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

In a real charge, it might be a somewhat valid "last resort" option if you don't have a firearm or bear spray in hand. Worrying about conditioning the bear is the least of your problems at that point.

However, if you're wearing a pack in the first place, your better option is probably to hunker down and pull it up over your neck and head.  I know one guy who ended up with a mangled pack and bite wounds to his arm, but otherwise unscathed. The bear ended up leaving after it chomped down on a fuel bottle and got a mouthful of white gas.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 We recently had a thread where members were suggesting throwing your backpack to a bear to give him something to investigate and leave you alone - not realizing that this type of behavior helps bears associate people with rewards and food.

Yeah, as a last resort, but at that point, you're basically in contact with an aggressive bear.  And that is going to bad.  Very bad.  Even if the bear genuinely wanted to be friends, and play with you, and be your pal, you are still going to get seriously fucked up ... because we are simply not designed to do bear things.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's true that grizzly bears will wait in the bushes and ambush you when you least expect it.

I'd stay the hell away from MT to be safe. And would certainly never recommend that anyone from out of state come hunt here. It's just too risky.
View Quote

It's way worse over here.  Terrible in fact.  

In fact, between ID and MT, far safer to be in MT. I'd recommend all hunters and those investigating a move and relocation head straight for MT.  Beautiful state.  Wonderful people.  Great hunting. Safe.  Low crime. Your dream house awaits you!

It's the place all of you want to be!!!

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You've said it better than I could!
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#20]
#deletethebears
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#21]
It is amazing how fast a bear is and how much lead they can soak up when their adrenaline is up. I’ve had lots of experience with brown bears, grizzlies, and black bears. A guide I worked with on Kodiak carried a double rifle chambered in 500 nitro for going in the alders after a wounded bear.

I have noticed areas that have general hunting seasons on them have less problems than permit areas partly because obnoxious ones in the general area get killed. Personally I wouldn’t want to live somewhere where there is no bears. Things that go bump in the night while camping tends to make you feel more alive. Also I don’t trust bear spray, although sometimes it’s a pain in the ass, I prefer a shotgun with slugs for my bedside companion and general camp life. Rip to the hunter, I don’t know the details, but my condolences to his family.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It is amazing how fast a bear is and how much lead they can soak up when their adrenaline is up. I’ve had lots of experience with brown bears, grizzlies, and black bears. A guide I worked with on Kodiak carried a double rifle chambered in 500 nitro for going in the alders after a wounded bear.

I have noticed areas that have general hunting seasons on them have less problems than permit areas partly because obnoxious ones in the general area get killed. Personally I wouldn’t want to live somewhere where there is no bears. Things that go bump in the night while camping tends to make you feel more alive. Also I don’t trust bear spray, although sometimes it’s a pain in the ass, I prefer a shotgun with slugs for my bedside companion and general camp life. Rip to the hunter, I don’t know the details, but my condolences to his family.
View Quote

That's a common enough sentiment if you are a guide or make a living in associated recreational activities in areas where grizzly represent a value to your industry.  I hear this sort of thing about wolves, too tho more and more folks are no longer naive about the cost exceeding "benefit" of wolves.  

It's a much less to non-existent assessment by those who make a living in the livestock industry in regions where wolves have been introduced and where grizzly are protected, including those guides here in ID where grizzly are in fact protected and thus are nothing but a menace to outdoor activities and industries where they are present, where among the threats are included restrictions on outdoor activities and industries due to legal provisions regulating such under "endangered species" laws.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Please don’t misunderstand me Evr. I would never want to live somewhere that if you have a problem with a predator you cannot deal with it. Here in Alaska we have a defense of life and property law. I know in the western states if you’ve killed a grizzly or wolf in a protected area it’s akin to murder.

I was against the introduction of wolves to the western states because as a wolf trapper for forty years, I understood that without a strong management program allowing the harvest just under the sustainability of a small population, they would explode and start killing everything. That’s what wolves do. It’s a serious management problem and unfortunately political due to animal rights people who doesn’t have a clue about rural life. I do want to reinforce my opinion that the world would be a sadder place without these animals, but I also believe that you should have the god given right to protect your life and property without legal interdiction.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

In fact, between ID and MT, far safer to be in MT. I'd recommend all hunters and those investigating a move and relocation head straight for MT.  Beautiful state.  Wonderful people.  Great hunting. Safe.  Low crime. Your dream house awaits you!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys make it sound too tempting! Arfcom bear safari inbound!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:21:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Was the other guy unarmed? Other than I suppose a knife?
View Quote

A large bear can be very quiet when they want to be. Knew fellow that killed one from the ground with a bow. He said it was thick brush on a creek. He'd just climbed the high bank.  The only thing that caught his attention was a slight splash of a foot fall in water. Bear was walking down the creek.   Moose require a lot of processing/packing out. The guy was just absorbed in the huge task at hand and the bear snuck in and got him.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Please don’t misunderstand me Evr. I would never want to live somewhere that if you have a problem with a predator you cannot deal with it. Here in Alaska we have a defense of life and property law. I know in the western states if you’ve killed a grizzly or wolf in a protected area it’s akin to murder.

I was against the introduction of wolves to the western states because as a wolf trapper for forty years, I understood that without a strong management program allowing the harvest just under the sustainability of a small population, they would explode and start killing everything. That’s what wolves do. It’s a serious management problem and unfortunately political due to animal rights people who doesn’t have a clue about rural life. I do want to reinforce my opinion that the world would be a sadder place without these animals, but I also believe that you should have the god given right to protect your life and property without legal interdiction.
View Quote

Tell that to the stupid city dwellers in Coloradostan who will vote for reintroducing the wolf there. I'm voting against it.  Cattle men are going to suffer.  If it passes it will be a 3S situation.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Tell that to the stupid city dwellers in Coloradostan who will vote for reintroducing the wolf there. I'm voting against it.  Cattle men are going to suffer.  If it passes it will be a 3S situation.
View Quote

So many stupid fucks around here.

Same assholes cry when their shit dog gets eaten by a coyote but don’t like seeing them removed from the cities. Mind boggling.

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks.

I appreciate your perspective here.  Our situation is totally different than that in AK.  Shoot a grizzly here and you are going to spend a lot of money defending yourself because USFWS and the courts apparently believe innocent until proven guilty does not apply to their divine "endangered species".  The whole system here is fraught with corruption and total disregard for the rights of people in effected areas.

By the way, I was very active in the efforts to open our region which eventually spread to the entire state's wolf trapping and expanded hunting seasons.  What a mess that was. Years of court battles.  The grizzly if anything has at least as much if not more "religious" value to the enviro-extremists/industrial environmentalists {because it IS an industry...} and is unlikely to see reduction to state management any time soon.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Wow, that's tough.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Disappointed that 10mm didn't work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Or was it a case like .30 carbine "not working" against Chinese quilted jackets?

I'd be interested to know how many times-if any-the bear was hit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So, if I have a bear tag..........
1. Climb tree
2. Fire off a round
3. Watch for bear

I like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm told the bears have figured out that a rifle shot is the dinner bell.

Was told the same thing by a Guide on the Yellowstone River.

1. Climb tree
2. Fire off a round
3. Watch for bear

I like it.

The fish cops would say the empty cartridge makes it hunting over bait.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fuck bears. Fuck nature. Fuck sharks, too, while we’re at it.

I’m not interested in any activity where I’m not at the top of the food chain.
View Quote

This works for me too...
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#33]
RIP to the hunter and prayers to his family..we always stage overwatch on the buggy to make sure we don't get surprise visitors..rarely will a bear try to take on a kill sight if motorized vehicles are involved, such as wheelers/sxs/buggys..just easier to come back for the gut pile after things die down....We are lucky, all the buggy's have booms, all have nice decks well off the ground making it easy to overwatch...plus we have numbers anyway..
This does highlight the main reason the Glock 20 is a favorite for many..light enough to stay on your chest even when processing game..always an easy reach even when surprised..A person just has to bring a few guns/holsters into the woods and try them to really see why many do it the way they do...
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#34]
This is one of my favorite topics. Couple thoughts:

1 - always carry a powerful handgun in bear country, and make sure it’s appropriately loaded and easily accessible. Ditto spray.
2 - I dress game. Buddy with rifle watches/listens for bears, especially if we’re in thick cover.
3 - I kinda want to die mauled by a grizzly, preferably when I’m old but still hale and hearty and hunting!. Better than cancer or stroke!
4 - I don’t want my kids to avenge me. Bears are bears. But I’d like if they’d see the bear, maybe a year later, and had a moment of recognition and respect. Of course, if my son kills the bear and makes a rug, that’d be a helluva conversation piece!
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Or was it a case like .30 carbine "not working" against Chinese quilted jackets?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I emptied a .44 into a small black bear with every shot lethal but the probably less than 2 minute fight seemed a lot longer to say the least.  Had it been a grizzly with ill intent things would have gone very bad indeed.  Unless CNS is hit it's a time game till enough O2 drains out the bullet holes and during that time a lot can happen that is bad.

Anybody that's shot or watched shot a 1200 pound steer w/ a .22 knows how fast they drop.  But making that happen in a fast fight after a long run thru the mountains is easier said than done.   Hit anything like right, I wouldn't doubt that the bear that fellow shot with the 10mm is dead right now.  Not dead soon enough.  There's a big difference between a lethal shot and one that stops the action right now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not surprising.

Our neighbors in MT see attacks fairly frequently.  

Grizzly range has expanded significantly over just a few years ago and now includes all the areas I hunt in including my ranch. My son is a commercial forester and they all discuss the utility of the 9's and .40's they carry.  I myself carry a 9 when I don't have a rifle w/ me.

Federal support for problematic species include both the wolf and the grizzly.  I find it obscene that grizzly would get any support at all, yet the Feds have wrecked SE ID's hunting traditions w/ their obsession w/ grizzly in specific and predators in general.

Wolves are truly vermin of the worst sort but rarely attack humans under the conditions in which we live today {as opposed to in past centuries} but grizzly get my attention and that of every woods worker I know who works in their locale.  Knowledgeable hunters, too.

In terms of numbers of human dead, grizzly will never approach the carnage of a year of living dangerously in Chicago, but they are a concern.   I have never shot a grizzly, but have killed many black bear and while they are normally no trouble, have been in on a number of fights that were rather exciting, one of which involved me, my .44 revolver and a bear that did not want to die, but finally did at my ankles.  ANY bear is an incredibly tough animal, amazingly fast and they can take an amazing amount of ballistic punishment, an amount that even with a black bear takes a moment to just digest, a moment that with a bear truly intent on doing harm, may wind up being your last moment.
View Quote

There was an attack on Island Park earlier this week. Not just MT but ID too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

1. Climb tree
2. Fire off a round
3. Watch for bear

I like it.
View Quote
My thoughts
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yeah. I've heard field dressing a kill is bad ju ju when bears are active.
View Quote

LOL, unless you get it hauled out by a helicopter...

Took me and my brother 5 trips to pack mine out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yup, I don’t know if the hunt will ever happen, but I’m catching crap for sending out a Winchester 70, in 270W, to be redone to 35 Whelen from some buddies. I know the 270W will be enough for what I might be hunting, but as a Floridian, I’m keen on having enough gun for anything that might be hunting me!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Middle of the woods in grizzly country and fresh smell of meat in the air?

You better have one on sentry duty while the other one field dresses.

Yup, I don’t know if the hunt will ever happen, but I’m catching crap for sending out a Winchester 70, in 270W, to be redone to 35 Whelen from some buddies. I know the 270W will be enough for what I might be hunting, but as a Floridian, I’m keen on having enough gun for anything that might be hunting me!

Where?

Black or grizzly or AK brown country?

I've killed many black bear using the .44 mentioned, and the .303 British, 7.62x54R, .30-30, 9.3x57, .45-70. 348 Win, and my favorite, the 9.3x62.  Your .270 even on big black bear which we have few of around here would be useful but the .35 Whelen is a pretty much duplicate of my 9.3.  Great caliber w/ good bullets.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I emptied a .44 into a small black bear with every shot lethal but the probably less than 2 minute fight seemed a lot longer to say the least.  Had it been a grizzly with ill intent things would have gone very bad indeed.  Unless CNS is hit it's a time game till enough O2 drains out the bullet holes and during that time a lot can happen that is bad.

Anybody that's shot or watched shot a 1200 pound steer w/ a .22 knows how fast they drop.  But making that happen in a fast fight after a long run thru the mountains is easier said than done.   Hit anything like right, I wouldn't doubt that the bear that fellow shot with the 10mm is dead right now.  Not dead soon enough.  There's a big difference between a lethal shot and one that stops the action right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like to tell people a bear's "OFF RIGHT NOW" switch is the size of a man's hand. Then I ask if they think they could hit my hand with their shosen handgun, from across the backyard, while it's bobbing up and down and coming toward them at 30 MPH. Because that's what it'll take to stop a bear in the middle of an attack.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#43]
A few years ago we were doing a precision rifle clinic on a Canadian military base.
We were on a 600M range shooting from the 500M line.
I was shooting from position # 1 on the left with my spotter on my right and another 26 people to my right.
Right in the middle of our course of fire a brown bear walked straight across the firing line.
I called a cease fire as soon as I spotted it and we waited for it to walk across without a care in the world.

He could have walked behind us and attacked us and nobody would have realized it before it happened.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Ive mentioned before but my 26 year old cousin was eaten alive by a black bear in Alaska a couple years ago. When the heli found her, the bear was guarding the corpse. Her work partner played dead and got to hear what was happening. Erin had charged the bear when it first went after her coworker and it turned on her.

She spent her whole life around bears and the outdoors.  My aunt and uncle will never be the same.

Prayers out for you Erin, Im so sorry.

This specifically was a Cinnamon Bear, a member of the black bear family. They dont LOOK that dangerous. Happened in a remote area they were taking geo samples for a gold mine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

10mm did work.  The guy with the pistol didn't die, the other guy did.
View Quote
Did they check the dead guy for a 10mm in the leg?
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#46]
People carrying handguns it’s about shot placement. Watch the bear hunt videos on YouTube and a big bear will get hit solid by a 338 Lapua in the ribs and run for 100yds before it dies.

A dying bear will fuck you up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Not gonna lie, I’m kinda happy we don’t have big bears on the east coast.  They’re incredibly badass but at the same time creep me the fuck out as far as trying to share the woods with them.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Why the hell would you leave your partner alone while field dressing an animal?
View Quote

This, I always thought one does the processing and one keeps watch in bear country.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#50]
I once shot a black bear in the chest with a 375 at twenty feet. He actually got back up and died soon after. These were Barnes bullets and I found the bullet at the base of his tail. They are amazing animals.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top