BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Why did they *STILL* fire him!?

"We fucked up, got you arrested for nothing... but we're firing you anyway."

How the fuck do you get someone put in a Police Car unjustly, when they did *NOTHING WRONG* and you *DONT* go on your hands and knees and beg forgiveness!?

Fucking asshole employer.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why did they *STILL* fire him!?

"We fucked up, got you arrested for nothing... but we're firing you anyway."

How the fuck do you get someone put in a Police Car unjustly, when they did *NOTHING WRONG* and you *DONT* go on your hands and knees and beg forgiveness!?

Fucking asshole employer.
View Quote

Because now he has all rights to be pissed at them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
GBRS doing GBRS things. No surprise. This is the company whose owner literally said integrity has no place in T1 units, loyalty to the other members is all that counts... Okay...
View Quote
Uhhh what?! Can someone give me more background to this?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That is ridiculous. Hope they go out of business.

It is pretty normal for the post office to not scan them properly or immediately. The police were idiots to arrest for that alone, if in fact they did.
View Quote
Looks more like a detainment. How long was he held in the Police car? Correct me if I'm wrong... but Police can detain only up to 30 minutes...right?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looks more like a detainment. How long was he held in the Police car? Correct me if I'm wrong... but Police can detain only up to 30 minutes...right?
View Quote

Not sure but I believe it was somewhere around 4 hours(?).
Roy
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is pretty normal for the post office to not scan them properly or immediately. The police were idiots to arrest for that alone, if in fact they did.

If only there were time stamps on the video that let you see he was and was cuffed at 1157 uncuffed at about 1545.  And he appears to have been taken somewhere else for processing.  He was arrested.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it was definitely an arrest. Though the verbiage isn't necessarily controlling. The 4A doesn't allow "unreasonable" searches and seizures. There's loads of federal case law on what is reasonable under particular circumstances. Detainment for a traffic stop, it depends, though most of the cases finding lengths of time unreasonable are around 30 to 45 minutes or so. It depends on the reason for the delay and whether it is something done in the normal course of that sort of stop/investigation.

I really can't foresee any forced detainment of a guy under these circumstances being reasonable, except something brief to obtain his ID, or something of that nature. IRL, you don't get to take someone down to the police station and hold them for 5 hours and then say, "now we have to cut him loose; we can't hold him any longer...." The second they slapped the cuffs on him and put him in the police car he was "arrested," e.g., an unreasonable seizure. Unless doing those things could somehow be justified for some other reason that is normally necessary in the course of a similar investigation. You'd have to do some real legal gymnastics.

I do this for a living and I've never seen a "detainment" like that even argued before, that I can recall. Which is explained by the fact that this cop only just graduated police academy in late 2021. Yet he's playing detective like he's on the First 48...
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ever since the main dude did his Podcast debut on SRS I knew he was a limelight seeking car salesman and figured most anyone associated with him was as well.

It's pretty telling when his dad, who is extremely well respected, doesn't agree with his persona and actions. And his dad is raising his son's bastard child who the son refuses to even acknowledge.

Yeah, he was a SEAL and a great patriotic warrior who sacrificed a lot. He's also an unbridled shitbag in his personal and ex-mil-professional life.
View Quote
So... the boss man in that video, talking to police. Knocked up a woman, refuses to acknowledge the child is his... and his own FATHER is raising the child?

Did a paternity test pin him as the actual father?

Where can I read up more about this? That's some fucked up drama.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#9]
dupe
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But they have pick up. It didn't need to be dropped off.
View Quote

We have pick up at my workplace.  Anything that we package up to ship AFTER our pickup, we deliver to the carrier ourselves, that way everything that we ship is in the carrier's possession the same day it's "shipped".   And we have also accidentally dropped packages with the wrong carrier due to being in a hurry as well.    The carriers all cooperate with each other, and the give each other packages from other carriers they get by mistake.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:44:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I learned early in my life not to go off half cocked. If you are going to accuse some one of being a THIEF you better have your god damn motherfucking ducks in a motherfucking row.
And as a shop owner who mails shit you should also know sometimes it takes FOREVER to get things to show up in the system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I learned early in my life not to go off half cocked. If you are going to accuse some one of being a THIEF you better have your god damn motherfucking ducks in a motherfucking row.
And as a shop owner who mails shit you should also know sometimes it takes FOREVER to get things to show up in the system.

OK?

As I said, I don't care about GBRS.  I'm saying the kid was an idiot, not a thief.

Good on ya for really caring, though.

Quoted:

Likly until there is a resolution to the illegal arrest and the unevitable civil suit against  GBRS.

Ten posts in this thread show you do.

The rest of us are mocking you.

Well, you don't run a gunshop and those of us that do see this differently.

Video isn't hearsay.

Yet you do and here you are.

You clearly don't know me or my posting style, I will continue to post and continue to not care as long as you think you're hurting my feelings or whatever pedantic reasoning keeps you smiling.  Love the wink emojis, do you want to date me, big boy?

Quoted:

Having worked for years in and around gun stores I don’t agree that a single instance of that is worth firing but that’s not the problem here. The problem is that they wanted him arrested without having the whole story.

There were better ways to handle it. They could have instantly sent a new lower to the customer and done an internal investigation. Fire away for all I care but starting a process that involves me getting shackled at work in front of my coworkers and possibly friends is going to be an instant escalation to war in my eyes.

People are confusing the fact that I wouldn't keep an employee around who can't manage to get a receipt for a shipped firearm with me A: hating the kid and B: liking GBRS, neither of which are true.
Also, all the "I RUN A GUNSHOP AND I'D GIVE HIM A PASS" types make me laugh.  No you don't, and no you wouldn't if you did.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
.....Also, all the "I RUN A GUNSHOP AND I'D GIVE HIM A PASS" types make me laugh.  No you don't, and no you wouldn't if you did.

View Quote

Wanna bet?

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Did we talk about how they called the cops on that guy that was part owner and his daughter? They told him to come get his shit and they swatted him when he did.

They also openly admitted they were going to screw him over because he didn’t have the money to finance the legal battle.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Dickhead tough guys who are friends with the cops using the cops as their personal avengers. Imagine my surprise.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Did we talk about how they called the cops on that guy that was part owner and his daughter? They told him to come get his shit and they swatted him when he did.

They also openly admitted they were going to screw him over because he didn’t have the money to finance the legal battle.
View Quote

Yes.

That is a small fraction of one side of the story.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:45:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I can’t be racist. I hired black people. Lmfao. What a bunch of retards.
@GBRSGroup Missing BCM Lower Statement.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:04:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can’t be racist. I hired black people. Lmfao. What a bunch of retards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tc0D1Dtb1U
View Quote

They didn't fire the guy because of his race like a lot of the mouthbreathers were saying. They fired him because the guy is a dumbass.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:19:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Uhhh what?! Can someone give me more background to this?
View Quote

They had some products with
"Loyalty
________
Integrity "

As in loyalty over integrity, rubbed a lot of folks the wrong way. People take it as standing up for your group even if they're in the wrong. Depending on your position of power someone with that mindset can cause a ton of pain on innocent folks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:13:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's dumb on their part. Very dumb. You dont accuse someone of that kinda charge on flimsy ass shit. I like their videos but they should stick to killing people because their business sense is shit.
View Quote

It's happened before.  I thought this was going to be the story about a black guy, similar to him, that was accused of stealing a box of lowers.  Cops come, arrest him, and then later the owner finds the box in a desk.  It had never been sent out.  But the black guy was still fired!  I saw all the police bodycam footage on youtube a couple of months ago, including the owner showing the cop the box, still wrapped, still unmailed.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They didn't fire the guy because of his race like a lot of the mouthbreathers were saying. They fired him because the guy is a dumbass.
View Quote

No, they alleged he was at fault because they saw him leave with a box and assumed it was the gun shipment.

The timeline seems like 100% bullshit:
-Firearm is boxed, UPS shipping label created.
-Isn't picked up by UPS.
- "Two or almost three weeks later" GBRS is called by the receiving FFL. Tracking does not show as scanned.
-GBRS reviews video and see the shipping manager leave with a box. Returning without the box.
-GBRS calls local PD and has him arrested, citing ATF requirements.
-Within minutes, a UPS driver arrives AND HAS THE MISSING BOX!!!.

As I posted above, THAT AINT GONNA HAPPEN. Any UPS driver is going to scan that package as soon as it comes into his possession and it gets routed as its supposed to. It won't get returned to the sender because its a package with a destination.

They cite ATF requirements on reporting a missing or stolen firearm...........but that's not what they did. They reported their employee as having stolen a firearm. Thats why he was arrested. Not for being a dumbass. They also fired him under the misconception that he was a thief. He wasn't.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#21]
There is likely much more to the story then what we are getting. At the end of the day it seems like the guy was fairly negligent with his job. When he was questioned about the item just saying he doesn't know or don't remember isn't good enough. He may have made an honest mistake. But situation likely could have been avoided.

As far as everything else the story is a little suspect. I'd bet the package was returned previously and it was only discovered sitting in their mail room after LE already detained and took him. What are the chances it gets delivered in the middle of the investigation after he's already been detained and shipped off. Seems like they are trying to CYA a little negligence on their or other employees at that point.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's happened before.  I thought this was going to be the story about a black guy, similar to him, that was accused of stealing a box of lowers.  Cops come, arrest him, and then later the owner finds the box in a desk.  It had never been sent out.  But the black guy was still fired!  I saw all the police bodycam footage on youtube a couple of months ago, including the owner showing the cop the box, still wrapped, still unmailed.
View Quote

That's what this whole thread is about unless a similar thing happened and I missed it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Doesn't having a black female running a company help on .gov't bids?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:13:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

"I RUN A GUNSHOP"

No you don't
View Quote

He's an FFL.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:35:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Doesn't having a black female running a company help on .gov't bids?
View Quote

No.
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top