Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Interesting. Think they'll take advantage of the opportunity?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just got off the phone w/ the company's lawyer. I've offered them an interview to explain their side of the story in a follow up video.

Perhaps. Apparently they are getting lots of feedback. I told him I want the police report first though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Perhaps. Apparently they are getting lots of feedback. I told him I want the police report first though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just got off the phone w/ the company's lawyer. I've offered them an interview to explain their side of the story in a follow up video.

I bet they are getting lots of feedback. Someone said they've shut their social media comments down. Must not be great feedback.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I bet they are getting lots of feedback. Someone said they've shut their social media comments down. Must not be great feedback.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I should have put that in quotes. They are in damage control mode. Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. Here, I don't know what the best option is. I think they'll have some good points to counter with. But, does the mob really care, and are you just stoking the flames?

eta: I didn't do the first video on this, Rashad Richey did, and he made it about race - not me. I was on his show once and we argued about the same issue...
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

You think they would really bite?

Seems like nothing good can come from it. Might as well jump on it now and just give the guy some payoff money, apologize and see if he wants his job back. Telling the story won't sway anyone since you really can't make this look good.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah I should have put that in quotes. They are in damage control mode. Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. Here, I don't know what the best option is. I think they'll have some good points to counter with. But, does the mob really care, and are you just stoking the flames?

eta: I didn't do the first video on this, Rashad Richey did, and he made it about race - not me. I was on his show once and we argued about the same issue...
View Quote

Even if the company was 100% vindicated, the mob wouldn't care. The reddit mouth breathers will spam everything just for entertainment.

Unfortunately, a lot of that type of shit is creeping over here too. See it more and more every day.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:.

As for him being fired two days later, it seems that decision was made immediately. When the police brought him back and "unarrested" him, whatever that means, GBRS already had all his shit packed up in a box and wouldn't even let him back in the building. No apology or anything.
View Quote

Realistically you have to fire him at that point. Too risky to let him back in to your system once you’ve done him wrong. Similar to how a city files charges to use as leverage in a civil suit when an arrest goes bad.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The difference b/w commies and the big government statists is that before they throw you out of the helicopter, the statists get together and make sure they're on the same page first w/ their code words. Like "trafficking," but could also be "insurrection." Then they kill you or hurt you and then write up nice matching reports using all the right key words. Sure, they support the 2A... you can be armed.... unless you're a criminal. Then you're armed and dangerous. And they get to decide who is a criminal, of course.
View Quote
Aaaaaaaaaaand that's why I love your videos.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably. I'll bow out and watch from a distance.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Awesome!

I was going to ask if you could FOIA the police report but I saw that you had already addressed that in your next post.

We'd love to see it if and when you get it!
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Cops know who he is and want to have his babies.

View Quote

Funniest thing I have seen all week!

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You shouldn't do business with GBRS because of what they did to Slade. This is just icing on the cake.

They're scumbags
View Quote

Yep.  GBRS and their crew can suck a dick.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I need to go... but if you look at the prior allegations, which I didn't really know about when I made the video.... it starts to make more sense. Using law enforcement for what should be private or political disputes.... what could go wrong. This really is why we can't have nice things.

https://imgur.com/a/lP4WxCJ
View Quote

The supposed tough guys sure cry to the cops pretty fast and loud.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Brutal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol at Slade being the top comment.

Brutal

I don't have tiktok or FB so I can't see the comments.  What did he say?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

eta: in full disclosure I'd probably join their club, if they'd let me. They probably need a lawyer too. Just saying... I do have a beard now.
View Quote

Are you sure you qualify for their club?

Did you grow the beard to hide the fact that you have no chin?

Are you a practicing homosexual?

Are you willing to quit Grecian Formula For Beards cold turkey?

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 7:48:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I wonder if you could use this method to get things delivered for free.  Do what the arrested guy did but deliberately give it to the wrong shipping company on purpose.

...profit?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't have tiktok or FB so I can't see the comments.  What did he say?
View Quote
He said "at least they're consistent"

Because they basically swated him.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Even if the company was 100% vindicated, the mob wouldn't care. The reddit mouth breathers will spam everything just for entertainment.

Unfortunately, a lot of that type of shit is creeping over here too. See it more and more every day.
View Quote

That definitely happens. The opposite happens too where a company screws people over but lots of people like them and continue to patronize them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That definitely happens. The opposite happens too where a company screws people over but lots of people like them and continue to patronize them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll say it again, how this seems to have played out is likely very popular with their target market.

The only exception to that was divulging they came up with the package 10 minutes later.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

eta: in full disclosure I'd probably join their club, if they'd let me. They probably need a lawyer too. Just saying... I do have a beard now.

No.
No, but it helps.
No.
I really don't dye my beard. If I did, there would be no grey in it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'll say it again, how this seems to have played out is likely very popular with their target market.

The only exception to that was divulging they came up with the package 10 minutes later.
View Quote

Huh?

Who is their "target market"?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Huh?

View Quote

Skateboarders and tiny cops.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Huh?

View Quote

Likely the same droolers who enthusiastically watch Patty Mayo.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I now have a copy of the 911 call from the prior incident involving one of the founders that parted ways with them. I really don't like what I hear, even not knowing all the details.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#24]
While I don't think the firing was a bad decision (he's kind of an idiot, apparently), I think involving the police immediately was a waste of taxpayer resources.

They could have tried to recover their lower before involving the man.  

The cops fan-boying was probably the most cringe part of all this.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need look no further than John Willis and OSOE to see a good example of this happening.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers the videos he would post of him setting fire to product, saying he didn't have time to deal with people who would email and ask about orders which had been placed MONTHS beforehand. Dudes on GetOffTheX would jack themselves off into a coma over Willis acting like a child.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I now have a copy of the 911 call from the prior incident involving one of the founders that parted ways with them. I really don't like what I hear, even not knowing all the details.
View Quote

Looking forward to the video
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't decided yet if I'll do one. I want the police report. I think both sides have it, but nobody has provided it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
While I don't think the firing was a bad decision (he's kind of an idiot, apparently), I think involving the police immediately was a waste of taxpayer resources.

They could have tried to recover their lower before involving the man.  

The cops fan-boying was probably the most cringe part of all this.

View Quote

There were a number of individuals acting like idiots in the videos, but the kid wasn’t one of them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There were a number of individuals acting like idiots in the videos, but the kid wasn’t one of them.
View Quote

You mean besides not getting a receipt for a firearm that he was shipping?  Carrying the vape pen while armed (apparently?)?

That's not idiotic in your world?  If I owned a shop that dealt with firearms and my employee screwed the pooch that badly I'd let them go most likely.

As I said, the calling the police first was the wrong choice.  Firing the kid, that's grey area leaning towards "good idea" given everything that's transpired.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You mean besides not getting a receipt for a firearm that he was shipping?  Carrying the vape pen while armed (apparently?)?

That's not idiotic in your world?  If I owned a shop that dealt with firearms and my employee screwed the pooch that badly I'd let them go most likely.

As I said, the calling the police first was the wrong choice.  Firing the kid, that's grey area leaning towards "good idea" given everything that's transpired.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forgetting to get a receipt makes him an idiot? A CBD pen makes him an idiot? Do you know what a CBD pen is? It’s not something that gets you high.

He’s the shipping manager and, according to him he ships ~100 packages a week. If you ship over 5000 packages a year, even someone who has been a good enough employee to be promoted to shipping manager is going to make mistakes.

I’ve employed as many as 65 employees. Mistakes are made, even by the best employees.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Statement from GBRS:

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#32]
We will investigate ourselves and find nothing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#33]

In the original video, the employee who called the police said that the package showed up ten minutes after the shipping manager was arrested, but the employee was held for nearly five hours.

Something doesn't add up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#34]
That still seems weird. I suspect this might be a story we never know the real truth of.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what you get from the letter?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I skimmed it.  The last sentence stuck out.

I don’t give a shit what those morons have to say.  They’re clowns and they will say whatever they have to say to cover themselves.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not trying to get bogged down in employment drama, but.... why does this statement not list the date the package was dropped? Maybe its stated somewhere and I missed it... but are we talking about same day? days? weeks?

They insinuate that the ups driver may have been in on it. All this over one lower receiver? What, the employee and the ups driver were gonna live happily ever after on some island with their $150 bucks?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#38]

One obvious discrepancy is that the kid claims that when he was initially asked about the package in question, that his response was “I have shipped hundreds of packages in the two weeks since that package was shipped, so I’m not sure which package you are referring to.” Of course, he was speaking in past tense in his video. GBRS claims the employee denied shipping the package.

I think this is a lie by GBRS, an important and purposeful lie, because it makes it appear that the kid was acting as though his was guilty when he was initially asked about the package.

The kid showed no signs of acting guilty in all the videos.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I was told within the past hour that one of the police officers involved in this has now been fired. Maybe someone can verify this?

I love it when I turn into the go between in these sorts of things...
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Question for the FFLs: is it true that if a lower is missing that you are federally mandated to obtain a police report? That was the position of their lawyer. They tried to follow the law, and were not responsible for the cops going full retard. The other thing he said was that it was their decision to call the whole thing off (i.e., elect not to prosecute) once the lower arrived.  This is part of the reason I want to see the police report. I have some of my youtube minions trying to get it now...
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I was told within the past hour that one of the police officers involved in this has now been fired. Maybe someone can verify this?

I love it when I turn into the go between in these sorts of things...
View Quote

I imagine sucking a complainant's dick like it's cool has to be against some kind of policy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm not trying to get bogged down in employment drama, but.... why does this statement not list the date the package was dropped? Maybe its stated somewhere and I missed it... but are we talking about same day? days? weeks?

They insinuate that the ups driver may have been in on it. All this over one lower receiver? What, the employee and the ups driver were gonna live happily ever after on some island with their $150 bucks?
View Quote

Yeah that seemed weird to implicate the UPS guy. That’s why I wondered if an actual investigation had been done. When he dropped off the package and when and how it was returned are key elements.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah that seemed weird to implicate the UPS guy. That’s why I wondered if an actual investigation had been done. When he dropped off the package and when and how it was returned are key elements.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, been planning the heist for years, with the UPS driver. Waiting for just the right opportunity after his promotion to shipping manager to go after the $150, split two ways, score.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#45]
GBRS, in their response, said the guy couldn't explain why UPS returned the package the same day he was arrested. If he dropped it off at FedEx two weeks earlier, how would he know what happened to the package in the meantime, or how/why it ended up getting returned by UPS when it did? They also claimed the UPS driver had the package "back in his possession". I thought it was never in his possession in the first place because it was dropped off at FedEx?

So, they're claiming it was a scheme between the fired employee and a UPS driver, yet it was dropped off to FedEx? And after being missing for two weeks, it was returned unopened and in the same packaging it was originally shipped in? If they stole it, I doubt this would be the case, but I'm not sure how these big time single lower receiver heists go.

Weird situation all around. I am curious about the info regarding the fired officer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The lawyer said something like he can't prove that the ups guy wasn't in on it, saying it was awfully convenient that James gets arrested and boom the ups guy brings the package right in. Ok... let's assume the ups guy was in on it. Then why drop it off at fed ex? 4D chess? And again, over a single lower receiver. Why "traffic" this particular lower receiver that is going to be fully documented and subject to a police report, etc., when you can buy AR lowers all day long for practically nothing? Occam's Razor... sometimes a shipping mistake is just a shipping mistake.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#47]

I was wondering why this guy was hand delivering packages to the shipper instead of pickup, apparently they aren't sure why he did it either.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Likely the same droolers who enthusiastically watch Patty Mayo.
View Quote

I just looked that idiot up, sounds like somebody's porn name ha!
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The lawyer said something like he can't prove that the ups guy wasn't in on it, saying it was awfully convenient that James gets arrested and boom the ups guy brings the package right in. Ok... let's assume the ups guy was in on it. Then why drop it off at fed ex? 4D chess? And again, over a single lower receiver. Why "traffic" this particular lower receiver that is going to be fully documented and subject to a police report, etc., when you can buy AR lowers all day long for practically nothing? Occam's Razor... sometimes a shipping mistake is just a shipping mistake.
View Quote

Talk to ANY employee at UPS or FedEx and they will tell you that frequently packages that are labeled for a different shipping company are inadvertently dropped off with them.

It’s a direct result of the ever increasing cost of shipping and the ability to quickly shop shipping rates online. My gal shops rates for all our outgoing packages and because rates can vary, she saves us a significant amount of money each year.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I just looked that idiot up, sounds like somebody's porn name ha!
View Quote

I had to look it up as I had no idea who that is either. Saw that it's a YouTuber. Not clicking that shit.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top