[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had the same dilemma last year. The FN is nice and has the red dot advantage aside from the standard light rail. My biggest concern was, if my life or my loved ones depended on this firearm could I trust it ? Would it let me down ? I'm sure all the issues it had got ironed out. I didn't want any doubts if I needed it under duress. I made my choice.
All guns can fail.    

While a resolve was never posted, it appears to me that was indeed operator error.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:32:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I own both, and IMO, the newer HK guns (HK45, P30, VP9) are significant improvements.

My 2 USP's are great, accurate, reliable pistols....but have nothing on those mentioned above.
I shoot the USP's better than the P30 and P30L I had all day long.  That's why I still like USP's.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not sure I understand why some people tend it ignore the current gen HK pistols in favor of the USP line.

I own both, and IMO, the newer HK guns (HK45, P30, VP9) are significant improvements.

My 2 USP's are great, accurate, reliable pistols....but have nothing on those mentioned above.
I shoot the USP's better than the P30 and P30L I had all day long.  That's why I still like USP's.  

Ditto.

I just wish they would give the USP line a proper rail.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You ever used HK's paddle mag release?  I prefer it, and most that try it and actually try to use it, prefer it too.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FNX because it has a normal mag release
You ever used HK's paddle mag release?  I prefer it, and most that try it and actually try to use it, prefer it too.  

Yes. It's painfully difficult to use, significantly slower, and would require me to retrain my muscle memory on hitting the mag release. I see no advantage with it over the push-button style release--quite the opposite, actually.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yes. It's painfully difficult to use, significantly slower, and would require me to retrain my muscle memory on hitting the mag release. I see no advantage with it over the push-button style release--quite the opposite, actually.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FNX because it has a normal mag release

For you, it is all those things.  For me it isn't.    Different strokes for different folks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure I understand why some people tend it ignore the current gen HK pistols in favor of the USP line.

Ditto.

I just wish they would give the USP line a proper rail.
Agreed.  The only downfall, for me personally, is the rail.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't imagine why that would be the case, but whatever works best for you.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't imagine why that would be the case, but whatever works best for you.
Me either, but it does.  Believe me, I tried and tried to love the P30 ergos.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the USP and an FNP-Tac

I voted HK because you never know when FN is going to orphan a product and fuck you over.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Having used both the HK is a more polished weapon system.  I prefer 9mm nowadays though. (usp 9sd)

HK paddle mag release is a better setup; harder to accidentally push, and faster because you can use your trigger finger.  I love HK's, but the FN is still a cool gun, I think they ask too much money for it though for what it is (a cheaply made domestic)
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
That's something that has always bugged me about the FNX, the price.  But it aligns well with their SCAR pricing...
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#11]

I made a decision based on the ambi-controls and the fact that I will be running it with a Trijicon RMR.  Now if only the ATF will hurry the fuck up!

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

I made a decision based on the ambi-controls and the fact that I will be running it with a Trijicon RMR.  Now if only the ATF will hurry the fuck up!

Sexy.  I like it in black more than the FDE.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sexy.  I like it in black more than the FDE.  

Too too.

That pistol with a can & RMR combo is just bad ass.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top