Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

AKs are so light because you leave them in the trashcan. Where they belong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it is in anything but 8mm Kurz, using anything but reproduction StG-44 mags, it's fucking gay and can go eat dicks in gayland.

Agreed.

What's the point of a Stg replica in an AK caliber?  Just buy an AK and save tons of money.

... And get a much lighter gun... With proven reliability... A massive logistical base... Quality mags... A huge family of accessories...

AKs are so light because you leave them in the trashcan. Where they belong.

Still a better gun than the StG.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, but not $1800 cool.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You obviously didn't watch their video. I believe they lay it our quite logically on why there was a need to change certain things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it is in anything but 8mm Kurz, using anything but reproduction StG-44 mags, it's fucking gay and can go eat dicks in gayland.

You obviously didn't watch their video. I believe they lay it our quite logically on why there was a need to change certain things.

I'm aware of why they took this route. And it's why I won't buy one.

A non-replica look-alike which is massively different in every technical way is not something I care to own.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A non-replica look-alike which is massively different in every technical way is not something I care to own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then go buy a $21,000 STG.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That will happen long before I'd buy this thing.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Massively" different?  I cannot open the video at work here, but the differences between the 7.92 Kurz and 7.62x39 cartrides are not "massive".

The Soviet round has a OAL that is 8mm greater than the German one.   That is mice nuts to the overall proportions of the rifle, especially if the ribs in the magazine are copied proportionately on the new version.  

In other words, at a casual glance, you would probably NOT be able to tell the difference unless you held the two side by side, and looked specifically at the magazine area.

For someone who wants a "close copy", this rifle would be imminently more practical than a "real clone".   After all, how many of guys are really going to go out and shoot a shitload of 7.92x33 K at the current going prices?  

Hell, if you can afford very much of THAT oddball cartridge, you can spring for a REAL StG-44!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"Massively" different?  I cannot open the video at work here, but the differences between the 7.92 Kurz and 7.62x39 cartrides are not "massive".

The Soviet round has a OAL that is 8mm greater than the German one.   That is mice nuts to the overall proportions of the rifle, especially if the ribs in the magazine are copied proportionately on the new version.  

In other words, at a casual glance, you would probably NOT be able to tell the difference unless you held the two side by side, and looked specifically at the magazine area.

For someone who wants a "close copy", this rifle would be imminently more practical than a "real clone".   After all, how many of guys are really going to go out and shoot a shitload of 7.92x33 K at the current going prices?  

Hell, if you can afford very much of THAT oddball cartridge, you can spring for a REAL StG-44!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are offering them in different configurations, SBR, folding stock and also put a pic rail on it. They also take different magazines...

With that said if you want you can get a 8mm version and have it practically the same thing with different stanag magazines. IMO this isn't a big enough difference to matter to me. That's just me personally. While I would rather have a full auto version, I think this is badass. I want a 7.62x39 in its close to standard configuration pretty bad actually.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#8]
$1800 is a little too steep.. i'm a buyer at $1500-1600
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can't wait to see one done that way.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imagine the minds that will be blown when someone tops it with an aimpoint or acog.  Nein, Sturm is fine!!

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Agreed.

What's the point of a Stg replica in an AK caliber?  Just buy an AK and save tons of money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

The same as the point of a FG-42 replica in .308, which seems to be a successful item, although 7.92x57 is much more accessable than kurz.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd be willing to bet you could get a repro FG-42 scope and mount to put on it

Quoted:
Imagine the minds that will be blown when someone tops it with an aimpoint or acog.  Nein, Sturm is fine!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The same as the point of a FG-42 replica in .308, which seems to be a successful item, although 7.92x57 is much more accessable than kurz.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

I have quite a few fun but impractical guns.

I wouldn't mind having another one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Would like to see some actual working examples.

7.62x39 will be the one I'd be interested in.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wouldn't give $179.90 for it.
View Quote

For one in 8mm Kurz, I'd buy ten at that price.  Then all I'll need is a King Tiger to ride atop of.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

I have lots of AKs. I have a few ARs. I have 0 Sturmgewehr. If a 5.56 or 7.62x39 Stg is only 70% authentic (however anyone wants to define that word in this context) 0.7 Stg is more Stg than I'm likely to obtain otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't have quite put it that way but..................exactly!

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It's a replica of a historical rifle. It exists for novelty and history. It is to be looked at, shown off, and maybe taken to the range for a few mags once or twice a year.

What's your plan? Roll with a heavy as hell, obsolete, impossible-to-find-parts-for, unproven-reliability replica rifle during the zombie apocalypse? Please. Anyone who uses "training ammunition budget" in association with "StG-44" needs to sit down and think for five minutes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know about you but i actually like to shoot my rifles not spend close to 800 dollars a K    

but ya know... that's just me

It's a replica of a historical rifle. It exists for novelty and history. It is to be looked at, shown off, and maybe taken to the range for a few mags once or twice a year.

What's your plan? Roll with a heavy as hell, obsolete, impossible-to-find-parts-for, unproven-reliability replica rifle during the zombie apocalypse? Please. Anyone who uses "training ammunition budget" in association with "StG-44" needs to sit down and think for five minutes.

I have to agree.  It's not like people are going to be taking carbine courses with these things.

If I just wanted the look and no correctness, the .22LR one would be my choice.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

This

I was excited about the rifle and price until they mentioned the proprietary Kurz mags. I'll pass
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why not make it in 9mm?  I would be down for a Mp40 in 9mm
View Quote

I believe one is supposed to be coming in through ATI I believe.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#21]
It's not original so there's not actually any history there.
5.56 at $1300 please.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

So I take it you will be buying one?  'Cause it will be offered in the config you just mentioned.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This

I was excited about the rifle and price until they mentioned the proprietary Kurz mags. I'll pass
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

This is why they are proprietary.  $50 vs. $400.  Do the math.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I get your point I guess.

It's a zazzed up clone of an old design in calibers already used by guns that probably do the job better.

Looking at it:   1800 bones + some modding for a mount + La Rue or ADM mount  +  aimpoint pro + can of krylon (to get rid of shininess and wood) and I'm up to 25 hundo on something that may or may not shoot better than the M4 set up to do the same thing.

Plus it's fugly
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Then sign me up for a trip to gayland via route 7.62x39

Pucker your anuses ladyboys, we bull queers take by force.

And by 7.62 sturmgewehr.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Then sign me up for a trip to gayland via route 7.62x39

Pucker your anuses ladyboys, we bull queers take by force.

And by 7.62 sturmgewehr.

Mein Guter Kameraden
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No rails or key-mod, pass.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Wrong. The rear sight comes with a small piece of picatinny rail you can swap out if you do t want to use the stock irons.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:25:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Where's the dupe link 13'r?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DUPE

Where's the dupe link 13'r?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_2/452785_STG44_in_5_56_on_the_way_.html&page=1

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I always held the theory, with a few very small tweaks, would work fine in a modern shooting environment. We'll see.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:31:50 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/3117444.jpg
Even the Germans disagree:

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

This

An STG44 with AK mags would look retarded.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Well, I wouldn't have put it exactly the way TexasRifleman did . . . but YES!  Agree.

Go 8mm Kurz or GO AWAY.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
I wonder what caliber Diesel will get.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:46:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Because a replica is still a replica, and if it's cool or sitting in a niche in a collection, then it's prime value is in being a usable representation.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:49:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm just giddy imaging how fun merc'ing around Europe will be rolling with one of these.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:04:53 AM EDT
[#36]
I'd be a buyer for one in 7.92 at $1800. I'm just skeptical of an April release and they don't even have a working prototype . I hope it doesn't turn into vaporware.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's a zazzed up clone of an old design in calibers already used by guns that probably do the job better.

Looking at it:   1800 bones + some modding for a mount + La Rue or ADM mount  +  aimpoint pro + can of krylon (to get rid of shininess and wood) and I'm up to 25 hundo on something that may or may not shoot better than the M4 set up to do the same thing.

Plus it's fugly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus it's fugly

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Allrighty
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Allrighty

Well he is right. Only reason to own one is for nostalgia. If you're changing the manual of arms and caliber you're not getting an STG. If you just want a fun gun to shoot, an AR-15 will blow these out of the water for less. Or you can get some other better gun like a Tavor or MCX.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus it's fugly

GTFO.gif
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus it's fugly

Insightful
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#41]
How expensive is 7.92 Kurz? If too expensive I might be interested in one in 5.56
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Insightful
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus it's fugly

Insightful

One man's fugly is another man's good unfugly.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think it's sweet. I will buy one in 762x39 at that price for sure.

Just get an AK is a weird argument. Don't ever buy a revolver just get a semi auto pistol. Don't get a hammer fired when striker fired is better. Don't need an ak because AR is more better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I think it's sweet. I will buy one in 762x39 at that price for sure.

Just get an AK is a weird argument. Don't ever buy a revolver just get a semi auto pistol. Don't get a hammer fired when striker fired is better. Don't need an ak because AR is more better.

Not really. It is more like this:

"I want to get a Smith & Wesson Model 686 revolver because it was an iconic firearm back in the day. But I'm going to get it in 9x19mm and use detachable box magazines with it."

Quoted:

That will happen long before I'd buy this thing.

Agreed. Not that I am actually in the market for either. But if I could I'd go big or go home. No real point in owning a pricey half done replica. Plenty of authentic guns to buy, close replicas, or modern shooters which are superior.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

pretty sure that's the hi-point carbine
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
88er's weapon of choice?

pretty sure that's the hi-point carbine

And the mini-14
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I always held the theory, with a few very small tweaks, would work fine in a modern shooting environment. We'll see.
View Quote

In theory its a heavy AKM from a performance POV.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know about you but i actually like to shoot my rifles not spend close to 800 dollars a K    

but ya know... that's just me

Its a repro? .. Why do people shoot reproduction wheelguns? It's fun. Its a leisure activity that is different then serious training with modern arms. It's not like it has a collector value or the maker cant get you spare parts if it breaks. Why not have it available in a caliber for people who just enjoy shooting shit and can do so for cheaply.

If its a perfect copy thats kind of neat too. But not 1800 neat given ammo is hard to find and pricey and will be even more so once a few thousand of these are available...
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#47]
8mm Kurtz for me. Me thinks I will buy one. Is 8mm Kurtz commercially available?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Prvi Partizan makes it

Quoted:
8mm Kurtz for me. Me thinks I will buy one. Is 8mm Kurtz commercially available?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Insightful
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus it's fugly

Insightful

Not everything needs to be an AR or modded to look like one. Some people just have no taste.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top