BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/8/2022 3:06:48 PM EDT
HR 7910
-Raise the purchasing age for semiautomatic rifles from 18 to 21;
-Ban the import, sale, manufacture, transfer, and possession of large-capacity ammunition feeding devices;
-Establish new federal crimes for gun trafficking and straw purchases;
-Require gun owners to meet residential gun storage requirements and establish criminal penalties for violating those requirements;
-Require registration of existing bump-stock-type devices under the National Firearms Act and bar the manufacture, sale, or possession of new bump-stock-type devices for civilian use; and
-Change the definition of “ghost gun” and require background checks on all firearm sales.

From what I understand, this has a reasonable chance at success, no thanks to Republicans,  but why aren't more folks concerned especially about magazines restrictions?

Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Just like most gun laws if they actually succeed in passing them they will never enforce them and do laws honestly mean anything now days?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Because most live in free states?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
But it will affect what you see in your local gun shop and online.  You won't see any mags over 10rds..  Sure they are "grandfathered in", but you won't see them in shops or online again.  These things are almost never undone...that is a big change, I would think?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just like most gun laws if they actually succeed in passing them they will never enforce them and do laws honestly mean anything now days?
View Quote

Manufacturers will stop making them, and retailers will stop selling them.
Nobody is going to risk their business.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Because it's all so tiresome.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Because most live in free states?
View Quote

I live in a free state too, but if this goes through, I still won't see mags over 10rds

And this has a decent chance at passing...more so than ever before.. It's just curious no one is more concerns (it seems that way at least).
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

...BUT is doesn't seem anyone is talking about the magazine ban.
View Quote

So what do you want to talk about? It's a bad law? It won't make a difference? Yep, just like everything else being tossed around.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh they'll enforce them alright. Just not for everybody. Hood rats? Charges dropped. Gang member? charges dropped.
White, middle class family man? Must be made an example of!
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So what do you want to talk about? It's a bad law? It won't make a difference? Yep, just like everything else being tossed around.
View Quote

I understand you response, but I thought that is what Forums are about (talking)..

I guess my main question is, that in the past, if this type of things happens its all over social media and mags are selling out etc... I'm just curious if folks know this is in the current legislation or is it just that folks are done worrying.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I don’t give a fuck. I will continue to do what I want.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Because

HELLYEAH - I Don't Care Anymore (Official Video)
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don’t give a fuck. I will continue to do what I want.
View Quote

But you won't be able to buy another mag above 10 rds.....so you won't be able to do what you want...(sincere response)
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I understand you response, but I thought that is what Forums are about (talking)..

I guess my main question is, that in the past, if this type of things happens its all over social media and mags are selling out etc... I'm just curious if folks know this is in the current legislation or is it just that folks are done worrying.
View Quote

Anybody who's concerned about gun control legislation should expect the whole bucket of options to be thrown. There is also a large contingent of 'fuck it- let's get this party started' as well. People are done fretting and wringing their hands.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

But you won't be able to buy another mag above 10 rds.....
View Quote
This is factually incorrect. You can buy whatever you want, just with the risk of living in a cage.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#17]
It wont pass the Senate. The House can pass this garbage all day long but its just for show.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I live in a free state too, but if this goes through, I still won't see mags over 10rds

And this has a decent chance at passing...more so than ever before.. It's just curious no one is more concerns (it seems that way at least).
View Quote

Cry me a river dude.  "Free staters" always ragging on places like NY and CA, well welcome to the club!
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

But you won't be able to buy another mag above 10 rds.....so you won't be able to do what you want...(sincere response)
View Quote

Dude, the way the economy is going nobody's going to have the money to buy a magazine.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Same shit they run up the flagpole every time they introduce new legislation.

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Cry me a river dude.  "Free staters" always ragging on places like NY and CA, well welcome to the club!
View Quote

My apologies, but I don't understand the comment... I wasn't comparing states, just discussing the national legislation. I assume no one want any state to have to do this (mag capacity ban) ...

(I was making the point that being in a "free state" doesn't matter in this case)
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Same shit they run up the flagpole every time they introduce new legislation.

View Quote

This. What most people are probably watching more closely is what is going on in the senate, and then trying to dissuade them from passing any bans like that.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#23]
why would people worry about something they plan to totally disregard?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#24]
The elite only follow the laws they find convenient so I now do the same. If you haven't figured out its all bullshit by now I dont know what to tell ya. If they want to pass an unconstitutional law and show up at my house to enforce it I suggest they send their goons that dont have kids.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I don't understand.....You can't disregard this....its not a ban on current ownership.....it means you can't buy another one at a shop or online again.....you have no choice but to obey.....(you can't make your local shop sell you one)

I guess I'm not "all up in arms", but just surprised more folks aren't based on past experience. Just a few years ago, this would be all over social media and you couldn't find a magazine in-stock anywhere...
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#26]
It would be funny because some 18 year old will sue, and then after 4 years it'll finally get to the USSC which will deny to hear it because it's moot due to there being no more injury because the person is 21+.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:37:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This is what I don't understand.....You can't disregard this....its not a ban on current ownership.....it means you can't buy another on at a shop or online again.....you have no choice but to obey.....(you can't make your local shop sell you one)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I don't understand.....You can't disregard this....its not a ban on current ownership.....it means you can't buy another on at a shop or online again.....you have no choice but to obey.....(you can't make your local shop sell you one)

what if I told you there is a vast marketplace that does not use a form 4473?  Become ungovernable already, c'mon
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Magazine restrictions would be a death cut to the 2nd, but that isn't going to pass the senate.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Mag bans. Guess people will be buying bodies, springs etc to replace damaged parts they already own.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

what if I told you there is a vast marketplace that does not use a form 4473?  Become ungovernable already, c'mon
View Quote

Yes I understand about private sales....but I am referring to retail.....which is a big change...
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Magazine restrictions would be a death cut to the 2nd, but that isn't going to pass the senate.
View Quote

I hope you are right....it just seems that it (mag bans) has slipped through without much attention..
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
HR 7910
-Raise the purchasing age for semiautomatic rifles from 18 to 21;
-Ban the import, sale, manufacture, transfer, and possession of large-capacity ammunition feeding devices;
-Establish new federal crimes for gun trafficking and straw purchases;
-Require gun owners to meet residential gun storage requirements and establish criminal penalties for violating those requirements;
-Require registration of existing bump-stock-type devices under the National Firearms Act and bar the manufacture, sale, or possession of new bump-stock-type devices for civilian use; and
-Change the definition of “ghost gun” and require background checks on all firearm sales.

From what I understand, this has a reasonable chance at success, no thanks to Republicans,  but why aren't more folks concerned especially about magazines restrictions?

Am I missing something?
View Quote

The reasonable storage is pretty bad too, but I disagree with it having a reasonable chance of success. This bill is all but dead in the senate. There isn't 60 votes for this. I'm not even sure it would get 50+1 if there was no filibuster though that is definitely a real possibility.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I hope you are right....it just seems that it (mag bans) has slipped through without much attention..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because its one of those crazy bills that won't go anywhere.  The house is filled with lunatics they can pass what they want, it doesn't mean it will pass the senate.

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

Y’all do you though…
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes I understand about private sales....but I am referring to retail.....which is a big change...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ya, bro... look, some people are motivated to follow whatever rule is imposed on them no matter how onerous or arbitrary or how badly it infringes their natural rights.  And some people are more inclined to moral civil disobedience when they can no longer tolerate their government failing to recognize their natural rights.  They've accepted the possible consequences and find that violating some of these rules is in fact a moral imperative.

Now, in relation to your original question, "seems no one is worried", my comment was to suggest there are more of the latter than the former.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Would take 60 senators to pass this.  Best guess is 53 or 54 would vote yes.

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Just a few years ago, this would be all over social media and you couldn't find a magazine in-stock anywhere...
View Quote

After how clearly the two tiered justice system has been laid bare during that same time frame anyone with a brain stocked up and has no more fucks to give about anything any politicians/news idiots say.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#39]
In a nutshell:  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Yup, I've printed a few glock mags recently and they have come out pretty good.  there are files to print pretty much anything you could possibly want out there just got to do it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Thank you fellow gun enthusiast for your timely post, drawing attention to current events!

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Mag bans. Guess people will be buying bodies, springs etc to replace damaged parts they already own.
View Quote

You're assuming that the next ban will be like the last ban
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Because the House can pass whatever the fuck they want, and often do. It doesn't mean shit. Its posturing and pissing into the wind.

Edit: And I have enough mags that my great-grandchildren in AD2136 could wipe their asses with them and still not run out.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless they do what Wa has done. Come july first you cant buy things to replace broken parts (bodies, springs, followers) because its illegal to buy ANYTHING that can manufacture a hicap mag.

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Manufacturers will stop making them, and retailers will stop selling them.
Nobody is going to risk their business.
View Quote

This.

Skip the whole “shall not comply” bullshit.  A Mag ban would majorly suck!
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

3D printer goes "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#47]
The 21 and up age limit is going to be challenged in the courts.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#48]
I would assume that there would be no sunset on anything they put in this time?

Also what's the plan for a possible mag ban? The whole $200 per mag, every year tax that was floated a while back? Or turn them in or we burn your house down?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Companies are practically giving them (mags) away currently. If you are that worried about current legislation, stack them deep and buy the needed parts to rebuild them. It’s not like they wear out very fast or at all.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This is what I don't understand.....You can't disregard this....its not a ban on current ownership.....it means you can't buy another one at a shop or online again.....you have no choice but to obey.....(you can't make your local shop sell you one)

I guess I'm not "all up in arms", but just surprised more folks aren't based on past experience. Just a few years ago, this would be all over social media and you couldn't find a magazine in-stock anywhere...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because everyone already has 100's of magazines due to all the before panics.  Multiple lifetimes of magazines?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top