Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/18/2023 3:43:05 AM EDT
I just finished watching a video describing the differences in history regarding Haiti and DR.

Events I was aware of:

• Item 1: The blue helmets and the Clintons fucked Haiti up good

• Item 2: It’s a magnet for natural disasters

• Item 3: Haitians are gonna Haitian

Events I was not aware of:

• Item 1: The French Indifference (x2)

• Item 2: The American invasion of 1915

• Item 3: The Dominican Republic is currently building a border wall to keep Haitians out of their country.

It’s a long video but it’s worth a view. I don’t agree with funneling reparations to them because they’ve had centuries to figure it out. That “country” is literally hell on Earth though.

Why Haiti is Dying & the DR is Booming
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 3:51:36 AM EDT
[#1]
For reference, the Japanese took 2 atom bombs to the face. And still rebuilt. They also changed from a feudal society to an industrial one that was a threat to European powers within 50 years.

Everyone knows what the problem is with Haiti. It’s just saying it gets ban hammers and a lot of -ist words thrown out.

Just like how if that island was populated by Japanese. That island would look completely different.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 3:57:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I’d also like to add that our current President has decided to through throw more dollars at Haiti while the DR is flourishing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:04:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For reference, the Japanese took 2 atom bombs to the face. And still rebuilt. They also changed from a feudal society to an industrial one that was a threat to European powers within 50 years.

Everyone knows what the problem is with Haiti. It’s just saying it gets ban hammers and a lot of -ist words thrown out.

Just like how if that island was populated by Japanese. That island would look completely different.
View Quote

This !
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:08:04 AM EDT
[#4]
PopulationPyramid.net

Look at the population pyramid for Haiti and then at the pop pyramid for the Dominican Republic.

The PP for Haiti indicates that it has a bad future, the DR's PP indicates bad but a lot less bad.

Look at the PPs for successful European and American countries.  Then look at the PPs of the sub-Saharan countries.  You will see what a bright future looks like and what an unimaginably bad future looks like.

State of Palestine's PP shows a catastrophic train wreck of a future.  Israel's is bad but not nearly as bad.

The population pyramids are graphs of behavior that indicate what the future will be like as a consequence of behavior.

Previous colonization isn't in it, the future of a nation is controlled by that nation's behavior.

The PPs of China and India show nations self correcting previous bad behavior.

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:13:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
PopulationPyramid.net

Look at the population pyramid for Haiti and then at the pop pyramid for the Dominican Republic.

The PP for Haiti indicates that it has a bad future, the DR's PP indicates bad but a lot less bad.

Look at the PPs for successful European and American countries.  Then look at the PPs of the sub-Saharan countries.  You will see what a bright future looks like and what an unimaginably bad future looks like.

State of Palestine's PP shows a catastrophic train wreck of a future.  Israel's is bad but not nearly as bad.

The population pyramids are graphs of behavior that indicate what the future will be like as a consequence of behavior.

Previous colonization isn't in it, the future of a nation is controlled by that nation's behavior.

View Quote

That's a whole lot of peepees that I gotta look at. I am not inclined to do sure.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:13:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Also the DR produces some great shortstops and great players at other positions. Haiti has produced zilch for baseball players, hell come to think about it Haiti has produced zilch for anything good or useful  except it is a great country for laundering money
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:18:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Another fact that I learned from this video was the total amount of slaves imported between 1501-1866 in these areas:

United States: 389,000

Haiti: 800,000

It’s crazy how the current world perceives the United States as the big bad wolf of the slave trade during that period. Imagine if they were presented with facts about the Caribbean and Brazil?

I know, I know… wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:25:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting content, but I can't stand that narration.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:40:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

1) there is something to be said for a kind of momentum, based off prior success, but that is more like a 5% difference (compouding though) than leaping from the stone age to the industrial revolution to... whatever we are now

Take of that what you will

2) the slave trade stuff is very dependent on the economic mode, which wades into dangerous, apologist (to historically illiterate libs) history. Americans shouldn't rely heavily on third world shitholes importing and killing more enslaved or unenslaved people. It will be dismissed as unimportant and propaganda of some variety. Still facts that should not be forgotten
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

The problem isn't their skin color, its their shitty fucking African tribal culture they never abandoned after they kicked the French out back in 1804.

Successful societies evolve and change as needed.  Look at Japan, Europe, S. Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, USA.  All of these countries have adapted to a changing world.

Compare that to any number of African countries - who despite gaining their freedoms have gone nowhere.  Or any of the Middle East countries that don't have a metric fuck load of oil propping up their economies.  All giant shitholes that have continued to stagnate for 1500 years culturally while the rest of the world continues on.

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just finished watching a video describing the differences in history regarding Haiti and DR.

Events I was aware of:

• Item 1: The blue helmets and the Clintons fucked Haiti up good

• Item 2: It’s a magnet for natural disasters

• Item 3: Haitians are gonna Haitian

Events I was not aware of:

• Item 1: The French Indifference (x2)

• Item 2: The American invasion of 1915

• Item 3: The Dominican Republic is currently building a border wall to keep Haitians out of their country.

It’s a long video but it’s worth a view. I don’t agree with funneling reparations to them because they’ve had centuries to figure it out. That “country” is literally hell on Earth though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpWb3MTV9bg
View Quote

Their border patrol have standing orders that if the Haitians try to overrun the borders they are to shoot on sight.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
PopulationPyramid.net

View Quote

Well, if they did a prediction for the former slave states (i.e., "The South") in the US, it would (sadly) look much like Haiti---and for the same reason.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:27:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Took this picture last night. Dominican is mo betta.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:37:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I’d also like to add that our current President has decided to through launder more dollars at through Haiti while the DR is flourishing.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:40:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

The brutal truth
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:53:08 AM EDT
[#16]
I’ve been to both countries that make up Hispaniola. The Dominican Republic isn’t great but looks good standing next to Haiti. Haiti is basically the DUFF of the Caribbean. Everyplace else looks better compared to Haiti.

The truly tragic thing is that both the DR and Haiti SHOULD be wealthy, first-world countries. For an island, they have incredible natural resources. A sustainable exotic hardwoods export program alone could fund public schools, drinking water and hospitals forever. Their territorial waters are abundant with fish. With a proper sewerage system, it would be even better. The icing on the cake is the climate and geography. Haitians and Dominicans could all be living great lives prospering from eco-friendly tourism. Yes, tourism is a big part of the DR economy but it should be so much more. Haiti and the DR could be the Monaco of the Caribbean, raking in Billions of Euros from International players. As someone in the industry once told me; “Haiti is GREAT, except for all the Haitians” and that was NOT a racist comment.

All of this could be accomplished in one generation BUT it won’t happen. Haitians would rather shit in their drinking water, fuck and kill each other and blame it all on centuries old dead Europeans (to the cheers of the Leftists) than build a future for their children.

Like every other third-world shithole, poverty is a symptom of what is wrong, not the cause.

<————- spent years working professionally in International development
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:54:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495603/20231218_072652_jpg-3063188.JPG

View Quote

How about a few pictures of the local scenery on the bus ride from the airport
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are correct on all points.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495603/20231218_072652_jpg-3063188.JPG

View Quote

Its a beautiful country, but it has some ridiculous poverty
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How about a few pictures of the local scenery on the bus ride from the airport
View Quote
Prob the dangerous thing GD has ever done.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The problem isn't their skin color, its their shitty fucking African tribal culture they never abandoned after they kicked the French out back in 1804.

Successful societies evolve and change as needed.  Look at Japan, Europe, S. Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, USA.  All of these countries have adapted to a changing world.

Compare that to any number of African countries - who despite gaining their freedoms have gone nowhere.  Or any of the Middle East countries that don't have a metric fuck load of oil propping up their economies.  All giant shitholes that have continued to stagnate for 1500 years culturally while the rest of the world continues on.

View Quote

Bingo.  Biology has nothing to do with it. Purely cultural shortfalls.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:21:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Port-au-Prince started to come into prominence as a pirate base. 'Democracy'. Full-fledged. Drinking and hoeing. Walking the streets late at night drunk with hoes, guns and blades. How kewl is that? No chicks with dicks either. Way back when. 'Democracy'. This is where it took us. Democracy worshiping chicks with dicks. (Pirates are kewl- not so much 'Democracy')
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#23]
I worked in a shop in the past that had some Haitian mechanics and holy shit you don't want them working on your car.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#24]
I’ve been to both.  DR is not “very nice” It’s one the worst places in the hemisphere; they only keep Haiti around to make themselves feel (slightly) better.  

Haiti had the world’s only successful Slave uprising.   They genocided  every single white person they could find.    White people have found very little reason to re-populate.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Another French colony that has turned to shit.

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I’ve been to both.  DR is not “very nice” It’s one the worst places in the hemisphere; they only keep Haiti around to make themselves feel (slightly) better.  

Haiti had the world’s only successful Slave uprising.   They genocided  every single white person they could find.    White people have found very little reason to re-populate.
View Quote

A shining beacon of freedom for woke college students to emulate
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:36:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Spent some time in Haiti. My biggest take is that outside of Port-au-Prince, (most) everyone is looking for a handout and they will straight up kill you or injure you for a bag of hand me down soccer cleats or balls. Power gets shut off outside of the city between 9-9:30pm too. I was there precoup and it was interesting hear about a multimillion renovation to Aristide's house so his wife could wear fur coats in the house. I did almost buy a M16A1 for $20 from a cop though
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Some have hinted that the principal difference between Haiti and Domican Republic could be due to differences in population makeup. So I looked it up:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Don't ban me. I'm just repeating what Wikipedia shows (in a reformatted form): Source
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Another fact that I learned from this video was the total amount of slaves imported between 1501-1866 in these areas:

United States: 389,000

Haiti: 800,000

It’s crazy how the current world perceives the United States as the big bad wolf of the slave trade during that period. Imagine if they were presented with facts about the Caribbean and Brazil?

I know, I know… wishful thinking.
View Quote

My mother's family traced their American lineage to a young boy who escaped the Haitian slave uprising of 1804. A descendant of French Huguenots, he was just 10 at the time and apparently most of his family was killed in the revolt. He made his way to America and eventually owned a cotton plantation in the Brazos River area of Texas. There he joined a bunch of other Anglos who saw Texas as a safe place to continue their slave holding tradition. Their plans changed as Santa Anna swept through the region and slaughtered Anglos at the Alamo and Goliad. According to family records, his family barely escaped as part of the "Runaway Scrape." Seems some folks never learn.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Port-au-Prince started to come into prominence as a pirate base. 'Democracy'. Full-fledged. Drinking and hoeing. Walking the streets late at night drunk with hoes, guns and blades. How kewl is that? No chicks with dicks either. Way back when. 'Democracy'. This is where it took us. Democracy worshiping chicks with dicks. (Pirates are kewl- not so much 'Democracy')
View Quote

What is "kewl"?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#31]
I have  a Physician friend who visits Haiti several times a year on mission trips.  
He vaccinates all the kids.  Anyhow, when the big hurricane hit years ago, he said
the Red Cross was the first there. He also said as soon as the TV cameras left, so
did the Red  Cross.  I think the Red Cross committed to build over 4000 new homes,
but only a handful or made.

Wouldn’t it be nice if there was one predominantly black island in the world that was
technologically advanced, and had a crime free, drug free, educated
society?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Some have hinted that the principal difference between Haiti and Domican Republic could be due to differences in population makeup. So I looked it up:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/62111/Percent_Afro_population_Page_1_jpg-3063203.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/62111/Percent_Afro_population_Page_2_jpg-3063204.JPG

Don't ban me. I'm just repeating what Wikipedia shows (in a reformatted form): Source
View Quote

Now, go ahead and look up how DR got rid of all the Haitians in their country.  It’s a pretty ugly story.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Also the DR produces some great shortstops and great players at other positions. Haiti has produced zilch for baseball players, hell come to think about it Haiti has produced zilch for anything good or useful  except it is a great country for laundering money
View Quote

I disagree on the zilch part but otherwise, your point is valid.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:  Wouldn’t it be nice if there was one predominantly black island in the world that was technologically advanced, and had a crime free, drug free, educated society?
View Quote
New Jersey ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Haiti is where the UN should be located.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What is "kewl"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is "kewl"?

Pirates.

Not the kind of 'democracy' in Haiti. Or Ukraine.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

No truer words
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Absolutely. Great money saving idea.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Although they share the same island the Dominicans have a huge tourism industry while no one wants to go to Haiti. Dominicans export bananas, sugar, rum and cigars. Haiti has the same opportunities.

Look at an aerial view of the island. You can the line that divides the two countries.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The problem isn't their skin color . . .
Look at Japan, Europe, S. Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, USA.  All of these countries have adapted to a changing world.
View Quote

Hmmmmm.

ETA:
Correlation analysis is primarily concerned with finding out whether a relationship exists between variables and then determining the magnitude and action of that relationship.

Correlation does not equal causation. Correlation analysis identifies and evaluates a relationship between two variables. A positive correlation does not automatically mean one variable affects the other---but it is used in inductive reasoning.  

Inductive reasoning is a valid type of reasoning that we use frequently.  It involves drawing a general conclusion from a set of specific observations.

E.g., one could inductively reason that a gun loving guy probably should not marry a woman who voted for Biden and hates the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#42]
I have nothing constructive to add, because obvious answer is obvious...but, if you can figure out where I took this picture from, I'll give you an internet high five.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have nothing constructive to add, because obvious answer is obvious...but, if you can figure out where I took this picture from, I'll give you an internet high five.  

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/412321280_10161465394758035_8649839909009205649_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=3635dc&_nc_ohc=oM66qWDkH34AX_d2hdy&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=00_AfCCCJKQu6xkFYw4uqIYTHRyC9sfQ-tf7XVhUZln_HdjVA&oe=6586217D
View Quote

Haitian Prison?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:30:04 AM EDT
[#44]
We got married in the DR last year, headed there again in Feb. Sure as hell wouldn't go to Hati.  Felt safe in DR, but also did put my family in any sketchy situations.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Haiti used to be a tourist destination.

Gays went there to do the sex they like.  Then they brought home HIV and stopped going to Haiti.

I met a woman from the DR, when I mentioned that Haiti was on the same island, she took offence and told me it was not on the same island.  

I knew a young woman who went to Haiti to do do-gooder work.  She told me Haitians were "so smart".  Her sexual assault by blacks happened in DC not in Haiti, though it was part of doing do-gooder work.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have  a Physician friend who visits Haiti several times a year on mission trips.  
He vaccinates all the kids.  Anyhow, when the big hurricane hit years ago, he said
the Red Cross was the first there. He also said as soon as the TV cameras left, so
did the Red  Cross.  I think the Red Cross committed to build over 4000 new homes,
but only a handful or made.

Wouldn’t it be nice if there was one predominantly black island in the world that was
technologically advanced, and had a crime free, drug free, educated
society?
View Quote

WAKANDA IS REAL!
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We got married in the DR last year, headed there again in Feb. Sure as hell wouldn't go to Hati.  Felt safe in DR, but also did put my family in any sketchy situations.
View Quote

Did you actually go into someplace like Santo Domingo or hang out at the resorts?

NOT a criticism, just curious as to what you considered “safe” in the DR.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Haiti should be our dumping ground for exiled criminals.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#49]
KonamiCode: That “country” is literally hell on Earth though.
View Quote
Rampant violence, unchecked disease, a failure of sanitation, and constant poverty are social woes experienced in both Haiti and tropical West Africa.  Economic development tracks with polygenic scores for education attainment (a surrogate of general intelligence) at the population level, and in the Americas this is highly correlated with a population's average ethnic admixture.  Whereas Haiti's population ancestry is almost solely African, the Dominican Republic's population ancestry is about half European.  So Haiti is not hell on Earth, rather it is a recreation of the travails of Africa by the African people who live there.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The brutal truth
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The brutal truth

yep.  somebody did a 'time lapse' comparison of Japan rebuilding after Fukushima vs Haiti after a hurricane.  no comparison.  

say what we will about the Japanese -- there is A LOT to respect about their culture

i am glad we have them as allies
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top