BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably 1/6 of our DirecTv HDR is Hallmark Christmas movies that were recorded in July.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife constantly watches these movies. But in July?
Probably 1/6 of our DirecTv HDR is Hallmark Christmas movies that were recorded in July.
Lol more 25% or 6/4 here
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The only reason to watch any Hallmark movie.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/509383180554498048/fsY0kq5u.jpeg
View Quote
There are a few other hot women also, but Lacey

Erin Krakow is fine also.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wood eat her asshole until I hit her brain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only reason to watch any Hallmark movie.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/509383180554498048/fsY0kq5u.jpeg
I wood eat her asshole until I hit her brain.
This
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 11:34:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Grumpy Cats worst Christmas was pawsome!
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:33:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not against them and could watch one or two but last Christmas I was stuck in a little 1200 square foot duplex with my step father blaring the shows for 8 hours straight, and I HATE Christmas music.

The biggest issue I have with it is how fake it all is.  The women have tons of make up and the guys look like the just stepped off the cover of GQ.  Then there are the plots.  It's fantasy but none of the Christmas dinners or parties I ever attended were that amazing.  Somebody was pissed at someone or one of us weren't feeling that great...
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:50:16 AM EDT
[#6]
GD: “That Hallmark crap is so fake and unbelievable.”

Also GD: “Have you seen the latest Bond/Bourne/Wick/Marvel movie?!? It is awesome!”
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:53:26 AM EDT
[#7]
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is closer to Christmas reality than Hallmark Christmas movies.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:55:26 AM EDT
[#8]
If she's tired after a long day or whatever, my wife will literally say "I'm going to go lay in bed and watch Hallmark." (not just around Christmas)  And trust me, it's no kind of sexy time code

And I don't think anybody has said anything about the bake sales and fundraisers.  Didn't read the thread super close, so excuse me if it's already came up
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:58:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Cinematic masterpiece

Attachment Attached File

I know you guys know it so don’t even try
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:24:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Hallmark started catching heat about the "lack of diversity" in the movies at least a couple years ago.

And, of course, "diversity" is code for "black". (Not, Asian, not Latino, etc.)

So now they clumsily drop random black actors in. The female lead has a sassy black best friend at work who gives her good advice ("Go get it, girl!") and the mayor/pastor of Christmas town will be a Morgan Freeman-esque black man.

I think there was one movie with two black leads. Not sure how it did, but if there was only one...
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:39:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hallmark started catching heat about the "lack of diversity" in the movies at least a couple years ago.

And, of course, "diversity" is code for "black". (Not, Asian, not Latino, etc.)

So now they clumsily drop random black actors in. The female lead has a sassy black best friend at work who gives her good advice ("Go get it, girl!") and the mayor/pastor of Christmas town will be a Morgan Freeman-esque black man.

I think there was one movie with two black leads. Not sure how it did, but if there was only one...
View Quote
Mayor Goldie Wilson?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:50:42 AM EDT
[#12]
It's funny that GD gets all pissy about the lack of creativity in Hollywood movies but eats up Hallmark shit, the TV dinner of made for TV movies.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
Who is that?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Nothing says Merry Christmas like Hallmarks

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The biggest issue I have with it is how fake it all is.  The women have tons of make up and the guys look like the just stepped off the cover of GQ.  Then there are the plots.  It's fantasy but none of the Christmas dinners or parties I ever attended were that amazing.  Somebody was pissed at someone or one of us weren't feeling that great...
View Quote
When my wife starts swooning over them I look at her and say, "You know he's gay in real life, don't you??"  It usually pops her bubble real quick.  

And since we’re all in the Christmas spirit, here’s my tacky South Carolina yard decorations!  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I love these kinds of movies. I need a break from the gore and grime.

I like happy endings. Because I've never seen one in real life

An ordinary person, who climbed into his void. Would only wake up bitter or deeply paranoid.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Catherine Bell has to be from Ireland!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Also GD: “Have you seen the latest Bond/Bourne/Wick/Marvel movie?!? It is awesome!”
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The difference is all of those other movies have varying plots. Hallmark Christmas movies follow a very strict formula. It's like playing the game Mad Libs where the plot is already created and you just fill in the character names, personalities, occupation, etc..

There is nothing wrong with them, they just tend to be very formulaic and Hallmark will pump them out like an assembly line.

This article sums it up...

The opening scene is probably an overhead of a city at night. The movie then focuses on the big city girl, and we’ll call her Holly (which is another element of Hallmark movies: Christmas themed names). She is vying for the big promotion at her big-city job. However, she is sent to a small town to close down a factory that employs the entire town. Holly also has a big city boyfriend that she doesn’t exactly see eye-to-eye with right now.

When Holly gets to the small town she probably will walk into the town coffee shop and get a hot chocolate. As she walks out, she spills it onto the future love of her life. He is a handsome, small-town guy whose family has a whole history with the town. After this incident, Holly gets a wink from a seemingly unsuspicious old man with a long white beard and a red jacket. The guy she bumps into, let’s call him Chris, probably owns a Christmas tree farm and is adored by the town. With fake snow and horses as a mode of transportation (because people still do that), this town was made for Christmas.

Holly and Chris, at first, are not the fondest of each other, usually, the farm guy is annoyed by her snobbish attitude, but they eventually get to know one another. Holly meets the family and learns all of their Christmas traditions and falls in love with her new life and a new man. But wait, there’s a twist! Her big-time city boyfriend shows up to steal her back which causes her to lose the small town guy. Holly doesn’t really know what she did wrong to make Chris mad, (Ok, sure Holly), but the old winking guy is there and gives her a holiday spirit riddle to help Holly out. She eventually figures things out and sends the city guy packing, getting Chris back.

The ending scene is the Holly and Chris, reuniting for their first kiss, it’s snowing, it’s Christmas Eve and it is just the perfect and most unique scene one could ever think of! We can’t forget the old winking guy, he was obviously there assuring Holly that this was the right thing to do. Oh also, he is Santa. Almost all Hallmark movies go along the lines of this story, some have varying elements, but they are all pretty much the same when you think about it. Yet, we all still continue to watch them no matter how cheesy and similar the movie was to the last one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The difference is all of those other movies have varying plots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference is all of those other movies have varying plots.
Not really.

Something bad happens or threat of something bad is discovered. Hero responds. Suffers some difficulties and minor defeats. Ultimately overcomes and prevails. Insert some romance/sexual tension somewhere in the middle. Don’t forget the plot twist somewhere in the last third of the movie. Totally unpredictable and not formulaic.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The difference is all of those other movies have varying plots. Hallmark Christmas movies follow a very strict formula. It's like playing the game Mad Libs where the plot is already created and you just fill in the character names, personalities, occupation, etc..

There is nothing wrong with them, they just tend to be very formulaic and Hallmark will pump them out like an assembly line.

This article sums it up...
View Quote
I had never seen one of these movies until very recently.
I thought had an idea of what they might be like up until then.

I thought they would be cheesy, poorly acted, horribly written.

I cannot believe how bad it was.
These movies are a notch below elevator  music.

Them fine ass 'Murican women don't hurt though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Nothing wrong with the Hallmark movies.  I am not ashamed to say I own a bunch of them.  Got them on Amazon for $1.00 each as a download.  I live alone and when I'm reading or cleaning or whatever I play music or turn on the tv for background noise and the Hallmark movies are in the rotation.  I have even been known to sit down and watch one.

What's wrong with all of them is snow.  It might be a blizzard but no snow actually lands on the actors.  They may start a scene with a few random flakes on their shoulders or hair, but they never get more.  It's like they have a repeller field that prevents snow from touching them.

And I really hate the phrase "the magic of Christmas".

Erin Krakow is gorgeous.  So is Autumn Reeser.  Danica McKellar, too.

I don't think anyone's posted her yet, so here she is.  Danica McKellar

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mayor Goldie Wilson?
View Quote
Lol. He’s gonna clean up this town!
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Nothing says Merry Christmas like Hallmarks

Attachment Attached File
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Small town girl (usually a designer, wedding planner, decorator), meets old flame who's moved back to town. Resists temptation to rekindle old romance entire movie. However, old flame does something to help pull off the big event that would've ended in disaster. Love is found and they begin their fairy tale again...I think this is the plot of EVERY Hallmark movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Small town girl (usually a designer, wedding planner, decorator), meets old flame who's moved back to town. Resists temptation to rekindle old romance entire movie. However, old flame does something to help pull off the big event that would've ended in disaster. Love is found and they begin their fairy tale again...I think this is the plot of EVERY Hallmark movie.
Close. "A Merry Christmas Match". Girl and her mom run a failing furniture store in what looks like Santa Clause USA (guy remarks how bright the stars are- right, like you could in real life see them with all the outdoor lights blazing). Hunky guy visiting town has ideas to save the store but he's going back to the city.

Wife's in full Hallmark mode, but she's starting to doze.

Quoted:
Hallmark started catching heat about the "lack of diversity" in the movies at least a couple years ago....
I've been pointing this out to my wife for years. "WOW, look, there's some diversity....... way back in the crowd!"
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top