Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/16/2018 10:31:19 PM EDT
Anyone plan on going to see it? Carpenters official sequel to the original. Says it's the part 2 he's always had in mind. Ignore everything past the original 1978 Halloween.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Jamie Lee Curtis 2018? Bleh!
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a huge Carpenter fan so I'll see it. I have low expectations after hearing an interview about it earlier today.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a huge Carpenter fan so I'll see it. I have low expectations after hearing an interview about it earlier today.
View Quote
Link? I read a review somewhere that said the body count was crazy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes!

Let's give the propaganda machine and all it's lefties more of our money.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Nmsg
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes!

View Quote
Have fun watching paint dry.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good grief it's a movie, we're not asking you to rub one out to her
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Hoping to see it on Friday night. Michael Myers is the pinnacle of horror heroes.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was in the Halloween Unmasked podcast. I'm not sure which episode. Apparently it's a very feminist Halloween where JLC hunts down Meyers. It still can be good (and I'm hoping it is) but the way they were pushing the girl power theme in the interview makes me a bit wary.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:39:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hoping to see it on Friday night. Michael Myers is the pinnacle of horror heroes.
View Quote
Agree. I'll be seeing it on Sun evening.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll go see it either this Thursday or Friday.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I’ll definitely be seeing it.

I like these types of movies so much more than paranormal ones. I can’t shoot a ghost, but I can put 5 rounds of 5.56 Gold Dot goodness center mass in Michael in short order.

If he needs more, I’ve got another 25 on tap.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Jamie Lee Curtis was on the news explaining how she isn't for gun control BUT, no one should own semi auto guns ,assault weapons, there should be waiting periods, blah, blah, blah, etc.

So NO I am not going to see it.

She's trying to make money off the gun owners but is anti gun.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm going to see it..
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Uuh I think Michael absorbed multiple rounds of heavy caliber handgun hits and is still walking around in 2018 so,,,
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Have fun watching paint dry.
View Quote
Have fun funding your country being turned upside down.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:40:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I actually liked the original Halloween II as an immediate sequel. Almost as good as the first. Obviously III was weird as it was supposed to do the whole "anthology" thing. Everything after that got REALLY bad, just like the Elm Street and Friday the 13th movies did. That said, I watch them all this time of year as they show up on TV.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:16:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It was in the Halloween Unmasked podcast. I'm not sure which episode. Apparently it's a very feminist Halloween where JLC hunts down Meyers. It still can be good (and I'm hoping it is) but the way they were pushing the girl power theme in the interview makes me a bit wary.
View Quote
If you haven't noticed, most of the big horror movies have been preachy and / or had social-justice themes hidden in plain-sight.  Anti-consumerism, anti-war, girl-power, and racial-equality were often tucked into the plots.

I do get your point, though.  I'm worried that this one might be a little too far down the social-justice road.  I was kind of excited early on (Halloween was probably the first movie I saw, and a family favorite), but from what I have heard and seen so far, I think I'll have to pass on this one UNTIL I see reviews.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:06:23 AM EDT
[#19]
I plan on trying to go see it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:09:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Anti gun liberal
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:14:13 AM EDT
[#21]
I’ll definitely see it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:27:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
This!

I'm going to watch Trading Places instead
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 3:56:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you haven't noticed, most of the big horror movies have been preachy and / or had social-justice themes hidden in plain-sight.  Anti-consumerism, anti-war, girl-power, and racial-equality were often tucked into the plots.

I do get your point, though.  I'm worried that this one might be a little too far down the social-justice road.  I was kind of excited early on (Halloween was probably the first movie I saw, and a family favorite), but from what I have heard and seen so far, I think I'll have to pass on this one UNTIL I see reviews.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah buddy. I've been a Romero fan for years and that guy is about as subtle as a brick to the face.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 3:59:15 AM EDT
[#24]
I'll be watching it because JC gave it his blessing and wrote the score.

John Carpenter - The Shape Returns (Official 2018 Halloween Soundtrack Audio)
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:47:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm going to see it..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm going to see it..
This...

Quoted:
I actually liked the original Halloween II as an immediate sequel.
...and this. I think Dick Warlock (who went on to be Kurt Russell's stunt double) did a better job of playing Michael in part 2.

Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:53:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Good grief it's a movie, we're not asking you to rub one out to her
View Quote
So the choice is pay the enemy or watch paint dry?  Good to know all options in-between for entertainment have been eradicated.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Uuh I think Michael absorbed multiple rounds of heavy caliber handgun hits and is still walking around in 2018 so,,,
View Quote
I shot him six times! He's not human!
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 7:15:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Yep, got tickets reserved for Saturday.

Didn't know Micheal is being played by the original actor too, that's cool.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Halloween in 2018 does not have the same appeal that it did in 1978, in 78 you took a girl to see it on the chance she would get warm and cuddly with you cause she was scared, now a days, I have been married to one of those girls for over 30 years and we will wait until it comes on the satellite!  Spook movies just don't have the same appeal now that they did then and we still had drive in movies back in those days and big cars!

Link Posted: 10/17/2018 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm going

It has an 84% on RT... if that matters to anyone
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#32]
You just know they're going to push some sort of SJW edge.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep! I thought that was pretty cool as well. I'm sure he had to have more breaks during the filming this time around. He probably got winded after the second kill
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll be going to see it Friday.  I rarely go to the theater to see movies, last movie I saw was Creed, but I'm going for this one.

The story seems to be almost identical to H20 but I'm hoping the execution is better.  The Halloween movies are pretty bad(with a few exceptions) so I'm optimistic.

I would also urge any and all horror fans to go see this in the theater.  As anyone who follows the genre knows the lawsuit between Sean Cunningham and Victor Miller finally ended earlier this month.  Sean has said that he might appeal the ruling but our hope as fans is that if this Halloween movie is a huge hit at the box office this might light a fire under Cunningham's ass to get another Friday the 13th movie into production ASAP.  We need to show that Jason, Michael, and Freddy are still huge moneymakers.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yep! I thought that was pretty cool as well. I'm sure he had to have more breaks during the filming this time around. He probably got winded after the second kill
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I've read James Courtney is playing Michael.  Nick Castle is only in one scene.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:49:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Seeing it Friday. Cautiously optimistic.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Jamie Lee Curtis was on the news explaining how she isn't for gun control BUT, no one should own semi auto guns ,assault weapons, there should be waiting periods, blah, blah, blah, etc.

So NO I am not going to see it.

She's trying to make money off the gun owners but is anti gun.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This...

...and this. I think Dick Warlock (who went on to be Kurt Russell's stunt double) did a better job of playing Michael in part 2.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57330/myers-708065.gif
View Quote
Totally agree(Dick Warlock).  He is the one who really established how Michael moves.  Nick Castle doesn't really do much in the first movie but stand there.  Tommy Lee Wallace played Michael in the closet scene and there were a couple other people playing Michael throughout the movie.  The one thing Nick Castle contributed that really stood out was the laying down/raising straight up shot near the end.  Dick Warlock is the man.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think Dick Warlock (who went on to be Kurt Russell's stunt double) did a better job of playing Michael in part 2.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57330/myers-708065.gif
View Quote
Totally agree(Dick Warlock).  He is the one who really established how Michael moves.
View Quote
I get the feeling that when people think about Michael, especially how he moves, they're thinking of Halloween II, whether they realize it or not.

Much the same way that people always picture Jason with the hockey mask, even though he didn't start wearing it until the third movie in the franchise.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I get the feeling that when people think about Michael, especially how he moves, they're thinking of Halloween II, whether they realize it or not.
View Quote
Yep, look at the difference in how he comes down the stairs in part 1 and part 2.

1:37 mark

2:40 mark

Link Posted: 10/18/2018 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Got my tickets for tomorrow night!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Haven't been to a movie, other than a kids movie with my daughter, in ages.

Probably will go see this.  I cant remember the last Halloween movie that actually came out at Halloween.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Saw it today just got finished. Very much stabby :)
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#45]
No but I saw a story with Jamie Lee Curtis and she was pumped about the strong woman message the movie has.  I guess Michael touches her in a bad spot or something and she goes all Peppermint on him.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Seeing it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
That mask doesn't look like William Shatner...
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Have fun funding your country being turned upside down.
View Quote
This is the other side of the virtue signaling coin. I swear some you folks must be miserable.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Always been a fan of the Halloween movies. Older sisters got me into them when we was kids. Some of the later ones were terrible. Rob Zombie’s remake of the original was fantastic.

Am interested in how this one turns out.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#50]
So if I go see this JLC will chop saw my AR15s?
Damnit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top