User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 2:10:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I say go for it.  $40, whatever.  

My issue with multitools is, they do everything so shitty...that's it's almost not worth having it.  Sure, better than nothing but outside of the knife and pliers, not by much.  

Thus, I'm not willing to pay much for them because I don't value them at the level of their cost.  For $100, I think you're better with a $40 folding knife, a $10 mini plier from HF and then keep the $50.
View Quote

You are absolutely right about the cheapies.  They really don’t do anything very well.  My GI Gerber does very good.  Break it, just tell Gerber and they will send you another.  I recently found a very early model of the GI Gerber with the non replaceable cutters that actually WORK and am tickled to death as the replaceable cutters barely work (my only complaint).
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 2:48:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty specific question if anyone knows, I used a Real Avid ar15 multi tool's wire cutter to trim a safety selector spring and it absolutely chewed it up. Will something name brand survive?
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 4:56:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pretty specific question if anyone knows, I used a Real Avid ar15 multi tool's wire cutter to trim a safety selector spring and it absolutely chewed it up. Will something name brand survive?
View Quote

What are some "name brand" safety selector springs?
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Starrett nippers with the blades for hardened steel.   Maybe the 8” Knipex bolt cutters.

https://www.starrett.com/products/precision-shop-tools/nippers

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SOSC4Y?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
$20? Maybe.

$40? Nah.
View Quote

Hate to tell you but $40 is the new $20.  Money printer goes Brrrrrrrt.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Thanks for the reminder...

I have a Leatherman skeletool that broke in the same spot....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top