Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/10/2024 9:13:22 AM EDT
HF just sent out 10% off coupons on all of there tool storage brands.

Just a heads up for those looking.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Been thinking of buying one.
Are these coupons usable by anyone, or do you need an account? Inside Track Club?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
HF just sent out 10% off coupons on all of there tool storage brands.

Just a heads up for those looking.
View Quote

If it includes ICON I would do it in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Coupons are automatic for this weekend. ITC gets an extra 5% off, for a total of 15% off toolboxes. Was looking at them last night
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are these coupons usable by anyone, or do you need an account? Inside Track Club?
View Quote
Inside Track Club is 15% off. Standard coupon is usable by anyone.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If it includes ICON I would do it in a heartbeat.
View Quote
It does.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It does.
View Quote

Dang

I’ve got an OG 72” box from HF that’s built like (almost as good) as the icons.  They’ve really cut back on their standard boxes compared to 2018 and before.

They just want too much for the Icon.  I’d need one of those killer 25 or 30% off coupons to jump on an icon with the box I currently have.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:51:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#9]

I have the box on the very left in the pic. Its a good little garage or small shop box. I wouldn't use it professionally tho.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Well shit. I've been putting off buying a 5-drawer cart so I can retire my ancient Matco 1-drawer. 10% off might be enough to get me to finally spend the money

Quoted:

I have the box on the very left in the pic. Its a good little garage or small shop box. I wouldn't use it professionally tho.
View Quote
Tool carts are excellent in a professional setting so long as it's not your only tool box
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Sigh.  Looks like I'm going to HF this afternoon to buy a new box that I honestly don't HAVE to have.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Beware of the wheels on those boxes.  The tires on mine turned into semi ridged sludge that caused damage to a newly finished floor.  I had to empty the box and replace the wheels.  What a giant pita.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#13]
These have been great little roll around units. The red one has SAE stuff and the blue one has commie metric stuff.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I hear they make quality multi-meters also.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I got one of the Yukon ones.  Happy enough with it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the head's up OP!
I may just pull the trigger this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
These have been great little roll around units. The red one has SAE stuff and the blue one has commie metric stuff.

View Quote

@DamascusKinfemaker

Off topic, but I do the opposite same. Red for Commie shit!  

I think I may be the only one that does it that way though... LOL.

ETA: shit, I'm still not awake. you do the same as me.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#18]

I have the one on the left, and the model on the right but with cabinet drawers instead of doors. Both have been great.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#20]
You guys have me to thank.

I just got my youngest daughter the big drawer one and the little cart/drawers one- in purple- a few days ago.

I always see a coupon for what I bought a few days later as long as I’m spending about 1K or more.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78788/1000001472-3074966.jpg
View Quote

Excellent thought process!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#23]
I love mine.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is that 10mm socket missing on the right side?
View Quote

Negative Ghostrider, the pattern socket organizer is full.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

My friend who I bought my Snap-On KLR from replaced it with two of the smaller HF boxes and I helped him set them up.  For the money they are made very well.  Much better than the crap they sell in HD or Lowes.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#26]
I’ve got several in my shop of the old cheaper ones they sold years ago.  3 stacks and a bunch of drawers. It holds tools. That’s what I got it for. I think they were $79 or something.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Professionally as in putting tools in and taking tools out ..??
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It does.
View Quote

Ahh shit my wallet is gonna hate me.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My friend who I bought my Snap-On KLR from replaced it with two of the smaller HF boxes and I helped him set them up.  For the money they are made very well.  Much better than the crap they sell in HD or Lowes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need a new box for home but I can't get excited about a sale at Harbor Freight, HD or Lowes. They all seem flimsy to me but, to be fair, my shop is full of Stanley Vidmar and Lyons cabinets so my expectations are not in line with most.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Just a heads up, we bought one for my girlfriend's dad last year. The drawers somehow broke and not a single one would open, locked or not. We had to pry the entire thing apart. I have heard of that happening to others. Kinda ruins the point of a tool chest.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just a heads up, we bought one for my girlfriend's dad last year. The drawers somehow broke and not a single one would open, locked or not. We had to pry the entire thing apart. I have heard of that happening to others. Kinda ruins the point of a tool chest.
View Quote
Which brand? They carry a couple.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

U.S. General. It's supposed to have an integrated locking mechanism that requires the lid to be open, but that wasn't it. I'm not entirely sure what happened. Also a stupid design to be honest, since needing the lid to be open makes no sense.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I need a new box for home but I can't get excited about a sale at Harbor Freight, HD or Lowes. They all seem flimsy to me but, to be fair, my shop is full of Stanley Vidmar and Lyons cabinets so my expectations are not in line with most.
View Quote

I hear you, I paid $2750 for my SO KRL1022 and it was very clean, new it was close to $11K.  He wanted $4500 but I told him no way in hell I was paying that.  There are a bunch of them out there used if you don't mind driving a bit to pick one up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Those ICON 72"s are really tempting
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#35]
ICON makes nice stuff..  

thinking about getting a extra box so i dont have to roll my current one around like a roll cart.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
ICON makes nice stuff..  

thinking about getting a extra box so i dont have to roll my current one around like a roll cart.

https://i.imgur.com/wrJ3MVA.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/ZxchM9a.jpg
View Quote

Do you own a shop or is all that stuff yours?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ICON makes nice stuff..  

https://i.imgur.com/wrJ3MVA.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/ZxchM9a.jpg

Either way, if an ICON box is good enough for him, it should certainly be good enough for me!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

U.S. General. It's supposed to have an integrated locking mechanism that requires the lid to be open, but that wasn't it. I'm not entirely sure what happened. Also a stupid design to be honest, since needing the lid to be open makes no sense.
View Quote

My US General doesn't require the lid to be open to open the drawers.  

I've had mine for 15 years and it has been flawless.

Damn you guys are organized - or maybe just the organized guys are posting pics.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#40]
They have coupons on more than just the boxes (benefits, jacks, tools, etc).  Link for those interested

Link to Promo
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the lid has a lock.  The lid pushed down on a couple of posts that keep the drawers from opening.  Basically, nobody can open the lid and drawers to steal stuff without the lid key.  Many just cut off those posts so they can open the drawers without opening the lid.

What you’re talking about that keeps the drawers from opening even when the lid is open or that lock is disabled-

Some models have weird plastic pieces under the drawer handle you need to compress to open the drawer.
If it cracks, squeezing it doesn’t unlock the drawer.

Think of like a black plastic magazine spring with each end sticking in a slot to keep the drawer from being opened.
You reach under the drawer handle and compress the “spring” between your finger and thumb and you can open the drawer.

Which- is kind of a pain sometimes with full hands.

Plenty of people just pull out the piece
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Either way, if an ICON box is good enough for him, it should certainly be good enough for me!
View Quote

actually a snap on lol but a ICON would suffice.

only close up pic of the box i have of it for some reason lol

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

actually a snap on lol but a ICON would suffice.

only close up pic of the box i have of it for some reason lol
https://i.imgur.com/4asUGVo.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/ZJxAZI1.jpeg
View Quote

HF jackstands though!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:13:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

HF jackstands though!
View Quote

LMAO YUP
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#45]
I might need one.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Professionally as in putting tools in and taking tools out ..??
View Quote

Naa, getting your ass fired at every job and having to load that shit up and bounce it down the road in a trailer 2 times a month.  

Most Snap On dealers will at least pick up and deliver your box to your next job site.  And they’ll kindly hold it until you can find a job and resume payments.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#47]

I have the blue boxes same color and everything. For my home and needs they have been great. No issues at all. Hard to beat for the money.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Husky boxes have better drawer slides.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Husky boxes have better drawer slides.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Damn you got me. Just picked up the 27” box and top
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top