BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People pre-ordered the gladiator but it’s up to the dealer to set the final price. With the way they gouged people who wanted of the first demon I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the new gladiator launch additions go out the door with a $15,000 premium.

Thanks but I’ll wait and pay under sticker and build it the way I want.  I can still get 95% of what I paid for my 2017 Unlimited.
View Quote
I'm interested but I'm not even going to go look at them this year because they are going to carry stupid dealer markups until initial demand is met.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a lot of bitching about wheelbase, but at the end of the day, it has to be a usable vehicle. The bed, cab, and engine bay are all close to the minimum size.

It is what it is.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You think 2.5 inches would have prevented that kind of damage?
View Quote
Absolutely.

It's more more than just a 2.5" bump in height. There is a lot more going on.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm interested but I'm not even going to go look at them this year because they are going to carry stupid dealer markups until initial demand is met.
View Quote
Just use the dealer list on the JL Forums. Plenty of people got JLs hot off the presses for 4% under invoice or more. JTs should be the same.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 12:47:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just use the dealer list on the JL Forums. Plenty of people got JLs hot off the presses for 4% under invoice or more. JTs should be the same.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was there the same demand? Seeing as people have been begging Jeep for twenty years to build this thing and we’re willing to spend six figures for conversions I’d imagine there aren’t going to be any deals the first year or two.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 1:04:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Was there the same demand? Seeing as people have been begging Jeep for twenty years to build this thing and we're willing to spend six figures for conversions I'd imagine there aren't going to be any deals the first year or two.
View Quote
I'd bet for the plane jane models there won't be much of a premium but the Rubicons are going to be over sticker for the first year unless they can build them fast enough.

People here underestimate how much disposable money lots of people have.

If they had made the 2 door model I would more than likely would sell my current Jeep and be in line for one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 1:10:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Absolutely.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think 2.5 inches would have prevented that kind of damage?
Absolutely.

How much experience do you have off roading?  Not much if you think 35 to 40 inch tire gets you more than a 2.5 inch bump in height.

I have followed both the Savvy build and the EVO build closely.  Both use Dana 60s and both use about a 6 inch lift.  Therefore the only real difference is the tire diameter.  For every inch in tire diameter the ride height/ground clearance only increase about half an inch.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 1:53:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd bet for the plane jane models there won't be much of a premium but the Rubicons are going to be over sticker for the first year unless they can build them fast enough.

If they had made the 2 door model I would more than likely would sell my current Jeep and be in line for one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was there the same demand? Seeing as people have been begging Jeep for twenty years to build this thing and we're willing to spend six figures for conversions I'd imagine there aren't going to be any deals the first year or two.

Yeah the Rubicon is what I want. No interest in a Sport or other lesser model.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 2:11:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Almost every vehicle model launches with the high markup, higher trims first.

The new Ram and Silverado, for example, launched as high trim crew cabs, and lower trims are/were only available as overlap production of the previous gen trucks.

Or, for a more entertaining example, look at the Tesla model 3. They promised a $35k base model, but it was never available for ordering, and now Tesla admits it's not coming.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 3:05:51 AM EDT
[#11]
My preorder LE got assigned a vin today
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#12]
World's First Modified Jeep Gladiator by Off Road Evolution - Part 2 of 2
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top