User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Not on page 2
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#2]
underground hardrock miner, I made some companys alot of money.  I made a decent hourly wage and was paid on footage mined.  So I did ok.  I ran a jackleg drill mostly following narrow veins be it up down or horizontal.  Mining mother fucker.  My brother is running a couple mines in MT at the present.                        And the thread the other day about big guys lookin down on little guys. I'm 5'9 and seen big guys act tuff at the start of shift but not at the end,  when im screaming at them to keep up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Of course, most Alaskans have fallen for that at least once.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been for about 5 years. Have several claims. Have a dredge with all the bells and whistles including the diving set up for underwater work.

I really enjoy it a lot. I've got a few dozen spots within 2 hours drive so it makes it a lot easier for me to get out and play. I have even been known to float my dredge down a well known gold River in our area with a barge set up so I can get back to some hot spots I found that no one else really can get to.

Takes a good year even with help and guidance to get even partially good at finding the pay areas and what to look for on certain types of rivers.

My best suggestion is to join the GPAA... Like $85 and you get access to all their claims all over the country. Plus join one of their local clubs and seek out the advice of the experienced members. It will not only help in learning faster but will take some of the frustration out of it.

Oh and it's hard work.... No easy money and most only get enough to cover gas if they are lucky.

If you ever get over to Georgia send me an IM and I will be happy to take you out and show you some tips and let you run my dredge for a little while and split the gold with you.

I can't wait until I'm fully retired so I can travel around and gold mine and metal detect my way across the country.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you remember a old real early sat morning show The GPAA Gold Prospectors of America Association with "The Buzzard"  early 90's

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always wanted to. How did you do ?

hell of a sore back.  A few flakes.  Wasn't expecting much where I was.  I was right.

Do you remember a old real early sat morning show The GPAA Gold Prospectors of America Association with "The Buzzard"  early 90's

Yep, I remember that show.

Always wanted to try it, but I always seem to end up living in the part of the country where there isn't any gold.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Always wanted to try it, but I always seem to end up living in the part of the country where there isn't any gold.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always wanted to. How did you do ?

hell of a sore back.  A few flakes.  Wasn't expecting much where I was.  I was right.

It's still on. His two sons run it now. Tom and Perry Massie. Tom does the shows. Perry manages the business. They own (or used to own) the Outdoor Channel.

The magazine they publish is really top notch and has some great info. Members get it free but it is sold in many bookstores. "Gold Prospector"

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top