Gay?
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Poll fail.

Needs an option for folks who have never worn any of those things but not because they are adolescent homophobes.
View Quote

ran out of space
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have worn lava-lavas and kilts all my life. I was raised with the thinking that it was a "normal" piece of attire.

The skirt jokes have never bothered me  as I tend to not live my life based on the thoughts of strangers.

I am curious as to how many on Arfcom also think this way.
View Quote

Kilt. 'Cause balls this big don't fit in skinny jeans...
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lava Lava, here.  Growing up in Hawai'i, you'd pretty much have to wear them for May Day, at some point. Also wore them a lot in college, when I had abs.

Now I just have one ab,......one big ab.
View Quote

Yeah Hispanic Scandinavian born in Hawaii....
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Poll needs a "Fuck that noise" option.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have worn kilts.  I actually started doing it as a goof to wear for obstacle course and mud runs.  Then started wearing them for 5k and 10k runs.  Now I will wear them when I'm in the mood. Women definitely like guys in kilts.  It's a great conversation starter.  Women will come up and ask question and talk to you just because you're in a kilt.  I'm married so it never goes further but if you got game.  It creates a conversation that wouldn't otherwise occur. Pants were designed for women anyway.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I wore a sulu when I was staying in the highlands of Fiji to go to church one Sunday. Combined with my sweet red & white Hawaiian print shirt, the women that ran the village guest house said I looked like the President.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lava Lava, here.  Growing up in Hawai'i, you'd pretty much have to wear them for May Day, at some point. Also wore them a lot in college, when I had abs.

Now I just have one ab,......one big ab.

I suspected as much (not the ethnicity, but the ties to Hawaii).
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wore a sulu when I was staying in the highlands of Fiji to go to church one Sunday. Combined with my sweet red & white Hawaiian print shirt, the women that ran the village guest house said I looked like the President.
View Quote

See LIKE A BOSS
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I am not Scottish or Irish. Just Scandinavian from some where. And I wear Kilts.

It is not about Heritage. Its about what's comfortable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My family heritage has been traced and well documented back to Scotland, specifically Annandale and Caskieben castle. I know about my "clan's" crest badge, motto, tartan... all of it. It's actually been published in a book that includes our complete family tree including my name and all my immediate family members names including my brother's ex-wife (lol) with our roots traced back to the late 12th century. I'll admit it's an extremely boring book. I can claim to be as Scottish as they come and I would never consider wearing a fucking kilt. My Scottish fantasies end at the bottom of the Dalmore bottle.

I am not Scottish or Irish. Just Scandinavian from some where. And I wear Kilts.

For you maybe. Most people that want to dress up and pretend they're William Wallace recognize well enough that kilts are gay and so they use heritage as an excuse. Personally, I find it extremely difficult to believe that a skirt is more comfortable than any other regular shorts or pants.

Attachment Attached File

I'd be willing to bet this^^^^ is pretty fucking comfortable. Is that a good enough reason to wear one in public? No. No it isn't.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes I wear one when I get out of the shower, but I wear the American version and we call it a towel out here.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder how many of the "not on your life" crowd had older sisters that liked to drag them into their dress up playtime?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I wore a kilt when I married my wife,  in Scotland.

Yes I'm a Scotsman.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I wore a kilt for a Scottish Highland Games.

You had to be in proper attire.  It was really comfortable, like why would we go away from this comfortable.  I liked wearing it.

I turned the caber, multiple cabers.  I like pussy and not dicks, like burying my face in curly hairs pussy lover.

I'm still sorting all of this out since I wore a kilt.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a GF make me try on heels on once (I could only get 2/3 of my foot in them), and walk a few steps in the yard, just so I could understand how hard it is to walk with heels on soft ground.  It really does suck.  That's as close as I've gotten.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

For you maybe. Most people that want to dress up and pretend they're William Wallace recognize well enough that kilts are gay and so they use heritage as an excuse. Personally, I find it extremely difficult to believe that a skirt is more comfortable than any other regular shorts or pants.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/261993/IMG-2523--24721-zoom-111370.JPG

I'd be willing to bet this^^^^ is pretty fucking comfortable. Is that a good enough reason to wear one in public? No. No it isn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My family heritage has been traced and well documented back to Scotland, specifically Annandale and Caskieben castle. I know about my "clan's" crest badge, motto, tartan... all of it. It's actually been published in a book that includes our complete family tree including my name and all my immediate family members names including my brother's ex-wife (lol) with our roots traced back to the late 12th century. I'll admit it's an extremely boring book. I can claim to be as Scottish as they come and I would never consider wearing a fucking kilt. My Scottish fantasies end at the bottom of the Dalmore bottle.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/261993/IMG-2523--24721-zoom-111370.JPG

Well I sleep in "Real Velour" when its really cold.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been known to wear a polynesian skirt thing (I dunno what you call it, but it's man skirt), when hanging out at the beach, etc.

It's comfortable as hell for lounging around and drying out in the sun, but I can't spend all day running around in it.  Hurts to damn much have your junk swinging free and easy all day.  Hell, I don't know guys can wear boxers.  Feels like someone has kicked you in the nuts after an afternoon of walking around in boxers.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Kilt with all the trimmings.

Buddy from Scotland moved here and got married. No family present so I dressed the part as a show of support and to
insure he wasn't the only one attired in traditional garb. The piper and us made three.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've been known to wear a polynesian skirt thing (I dunno what you call it, but it's man skirt), when hanging out at the beach, etc.

It's comfortable as hell for lounging around and drying out in the sun, but I can't spend all day running around in it.  Hurts to damn much have your junk swinging free and easy all day.  Hell, I don't know guys can wear boxers.  Feels like someone has kicked you in the nuts after an afternoon of walking around in boxers.  
View Quote

that's a Lava-lava
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

America that is made up of people from all over? That America? Full of FREEDOM!

Yup I was born here.

View Quote

All of those man skirts were invented in different countries.

American culture invented blue jeans. Our culture is superior.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I've worn a lungi.  According to the poll, I'm the only one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wear Jeans also. just not at the same time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Indeed. As a Scotsman, I give no fucks what someone thinks of me in a kilt.

I am also happy to have a "gentleman's disagreement" if someone feels it necessary to make more than a couple of jokes about it. But no one ever has.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Heritage motherfucker, get some.

I am also happy to have a "gentleman's disagreement" if someone feels it necessary to make more than a couple of jokes about it. But no one ever has.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

This guy also wears jeans

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Recently finally got myself a modern, by my standards, kilt.  By modern I mean something with tailoring, knife vs box pleats, etc,  as I've almost always worn a belted plaid.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Heritage motherfucker, get some.

http://newyork.carpediem.cd/data/afisha/o/67/b2/67b2efbb9c.jpg

What are those two metro fags and a lesbian liberal laughing at?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy also wears jeans

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/upload/wire/2014/03/14/AP080608053080/lead_large.jpg?1473195098

Yeah, but those are mom jeans.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I compete in Highland Games, and wear a kilt for that.

I also wear a Prince Charlie for Burn's Night with the Highland Games clan.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

A lava-lava is perfect at the beach. It's a towel, a mat to lay down on, shade and great for hiding my junk when I strip out of my wetsuit. it also beats the hell out of driving home with sand in my crotch because I tried putting on shorts or jeans before I dried off all the way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've worn a lavalava (also known as a big towel) but not all that big a fan.  While I enjoy the freedom and breeziness, it can be a little restricting if you take big steps or run or engage in activity.

ETA:  Only in the Pacific and usually on a beach.

A lava-lava is perfect at the beach. It's a towel, a mat to lay down on, shade and great for hiding my junk when I strip out of my wetsuit. it also beats the hell out of driving home with sand in my crotch because I tried putting on shorts or jeans before I dried off all the way.

Lava lava, Hawaiian for skirt.

Txl
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#31]

fuck no.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Got married in a kilt.
View Quote

Good man. Stayed true to your heritage.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:11:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh really?

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Skinny jeans are a Eurofag invention.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wrong again...

https://skinnyjeansme.wordpress.com/skinny-jeans-history/
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I've never once even thought about it, it seems like a very neckbeard thing to do.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wrong again...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong again...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Wore a kilt for several years, while serving in a Highland regiment.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Wrong again...

View Quote

If you think the tight jeans that were worn by cowboys and rockers in the mid-20th century are the same as the skinny jeans in your picture then you're insane.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If you think the tight jeans that were worn by cowboys and rockers in the mid-20th century are the same as the skinny jeans in your picture then you're insane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong again...

SO wearing something that other think is gay is bad
or is something that you think not gay bad?
but you get to decide?

hhhmmmmm
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Wore a kilt to a company party one year.  Got hit on a LOT.

MrsCheShirt was NOT amused.
View Quote

I am sure it would be a big hit at the Gentlemen's Club too.
Wish I could pull off one made out Kryptek camo.

My mother tells of watching the Scottish musicians at Big Island Rendezvous in MN.  As they marched up the hill towards them two young girls were wispering back and forth til one ran out in front of the formation and dropped down on her back.  The formation marched right over her smiling while playing and she was looking over at her girlfriend giving the thumbs up as the whole crowd laughed.......
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. I'm second generation Scot. Fuck anyone who doesn't like it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Fuck no.  Born and raised in 'Murica before metro-sexual faggotry has been allowed to rear it's head as the norm.
View Quote

Um, they've been worn by scots in this country for hundreds of years, smart guy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Go commando in loose jeans breaking and riding a couple horses for a couple years and you will get over it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I have worn a kilt on a charity motorcycle ride for the Scottish Rite Hospital several times. It has always been cold, glad I have a full fairing and heated seats.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Nope, but I do wear Lederhosen.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Kilt two-three times a week. It goes with my bagpipes.

$$$$
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I wore a kilt for a Scottish Highland Games.

You had to be in proper attire.  It was really comfortable, like why would we go away from this comfortable.  I liked wearing it.

I turned the caber, multiple cabers.  I like pussy and not dicks, like burying my face in curly hairs pussy lover.

I'm still sorting all of this out since I wore a kilt.  
View Quote

Because real men throw trees around for fun.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#50]
I save all my costume wearing for Halloween.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top