Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Contract I signed says the payment we agreed to. Contract they want me t come back in and sign is for $200+ more.
View Quote

Assuming you gave them correct info on everything in the contract, I think you have a pretty good reason to be pissed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife and I just bought our first new car a few months ago.  

After reading stories like this, I'm glad we brought our own financing to the dealership.  But we also bought through a dealer doing an internet group buy and I knew the price going in.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:32:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you bought it under contract and the vin and price Tony oh agreed to is listed in the contract then the dealership is fucked, don't give them the truck back.

they signed an agreement and they are obligated to stick to it 
View Quote

What changed in the new contract?  Price of the car?  Interest rate?  Both?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#4]
A few things may have happened:

OP didn't get financed and the dealership will reclaim it's truck shortly. They'll have a legal mess because they might not be able to give the trade back and OP will owe them the difference between ACV and payoff.

OP got financed and the dealership screwed something up. OP starts paying the bank and the dealership can suck it.

The bank might finance OP but they told the dealership, "We won't finance him on this vehicle but we'll go X amount on a similarly equipped Y year with Z or below miles." See #1 above.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Contract I signed says the payment we agreed to. Contract they want me t come back in and sign is for $200+ more.
View Quote

does the contract include the negative amount from the trade rolled into the loan amount?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag for outcome
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'd call GM finance and check the status of the loan, I thought they were approved almost same day, two weeks sounds really suspicious.
View Quote

This is the first thing I'd do as well. It is possible that the loan is approved and in your name.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you bought it under contract and the vin and price Tony oh agreed to is listed in the contract then the dealership is fucked, don't give them the truck back.

they signed an agreement and they are obligated to stick to it 
View Quote

No, they're not.  Not at all actually.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would venture to guess the dealership has a way out - sadly, these things rarely end well for the consumer.
View Quote

Imagine how much different this story would be if there wasn't a lease return involved and the OP had obtained his own financing or paid in full.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What rate did they write the original loan at and what rate did they come back with?
Is the bank they're trying to recontract you with GMF or a different one?
How many payments did you have left on the lease?  What was the monthly payment on the lease?  What was the ACV (trade-in value) and what was the payoff they used?

If you don't want to share that information on here, IM me.  I'm pretty sure I see what's happening here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure how this trolling. Posted they lied to get me into the dealer, posted that they said financing came back with a high rate and payment, posted that the contract has my truck listed with correct VIN and interest and payment and terms, posted about the rider i signed, posted they already paid off my lease before financing was in place. What else should I be posting?

I'm not going to take pictures of a contract that probably won't be able to be read in a picture anyways. It is the normal long form contract with my rate and terms which have been posted before.

What rate did they write the original loan at and what rate did they come back with?
How many payments did you have left on the lease?  What was the monthly payment on the lease?  What was the ACV (trade-in value) and what was the payoff they used?

If you don't want to share that information on here, IM me.  I'm pretty sure I see what's happening here.

OP, I'm trying to help you here if you want it, but I can't without the above info.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#11]
This is why I bring my own financing to the dealership.  It might not be the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.  And I'm not interested in paying for a screwing by a dealership.  USAA Fed Svgs Bank pre-approval FTW.

I also buy used.  Find the car you want in excellent condition, 3-5 years old with 40k-60k miles, it's barely broken in and it's half-price.  I've owned new cars and used cars, and the new cars are never worth the price.  If the fear of "but there's no warranty" hits you, buy a third-party service contract.

My last car purchase was my first purchase from CarMax and I was happy with the car and the experience.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This is the first thing I'd do as well. It is possible that the loan is approved and in your name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd call GM finance and check the status of the loan, I thought they were approved almost same day, two weeks sounds really suspicious.

OP already stated that GMF doesn't have anything relating to the loan.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Just called the dealer to tell them I'm not paying more than what I signed for already. He said okay then you can return the truck. When I informed him the lease was already paid and they had no way to get the car back his response was oh we can still stop the payment. I followed up with Acura has already told me there is no way they are getting the money back.

Reason for the higher payment was the bank didn't approve the first amount we agreed on. They would need to restructure the deal.

He then went on to say he doesn't have my folder in front of him and someone would have to call me back.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does the contract not say purchase price of the new truck?  Does it not show the down payment(trade in)?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I believe this is referred to as a "spot delivery yo yo finance" scam

https://www.edmunds.com/car-loan/dont-fall-prey-to-spot-delivery-scams-and-yo-yo-financing.html

http://www.lemonlaw.com/spotdelivery.html

Find out what this means in your state. You're probably gonna need a lawyer if they don't give up.

Good luck
View Quote

Know Your Rights
Laws governing spot deliveries vary from state to state, Kukla says. In many cases, the standard sales contract contains language allowing the dealer to request that the car be returned within a certain time period if financing falls through.

Under Illinois law, for instance, if the dealership can't find financing at the rate in the contract, it is required to return to the purchaser any down payment or trade-in under the contract, according to the state attorney general's Web site.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just called the dealer to tell them I'm not paying more than what I signed for already. He said okay then you can return the truck. When I informed him the lease was already paid and they had no way to get the car back his response was oh we can still stop the payment. I followed up with Acura has already told me there is no way they are getting the money back.

Reason for the higher payment was the bank didn't approve the first amount we agreed on. They would need to restructure the deal.

He then went on to say he doesn't have my folder in front of him and someone would have to call me back.
View Quote

@nisa715  I strongly suggest you tell him to PUT IT IN WRITING and fax it, scan it into email as attachment to you, or mail it to you before you will do anything with them.  If you're just doing this on verbal, they can bullshit you then lie to cover their ass with their state Motor Vehicle Dealer Board or state Dept of Consumer Fraud (or equivalent).  GET IT IN WRITING.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It does make a difference.  A 16 on the lot still has thousands more in rebates and probably a 0% interest rate. The same truck being a 17 could cost 5 grand or more plus have a 3% or more rate.
View Quote

How much more is a used 17 worth than a new 16? OP has been driving that truck for two weeks. They going to try to sell it as "new" if they get it back?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

OP, I'm trying to help you here if you want it, but I can't without the above info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure how this trolling. Posted they lied to get me into the dealer, posted that they said financing came back with a high rate and payment, posted that the contract has my truck listed with correct VIN and interest and payment and terms, posted about the rider i signed, posted they already paid off my lease before financing was in place. What else should I be posting?

I'm not going to take pictures of a contract that probably won't be able to be read in a picture anyways. It is the normal long form contract with my rate and terms which have been posted before.

I sent you more info and the picture of the itemized amount financed. Did you get it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#19]
I guess if you return the truck, they will have to pay you the $14000 or whatever the contract says the down payment(trade in value) was.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That probably wouldn't be a good idea considering I have the lease return paperwork and paperwork showing they are paying it off.
View Quote

Can you file a release of liability with your version of the DMV? showing you no longer "own" the lease.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@nisa715  I strongly suggest you tell him to PUT IT IN WRITING and fax it, scan it into email as attachment to you, or mail it to you before you will do anything with them.  If you're just doing this on verbal, they can bullshit you then lie to cover their ass with their state Motor Vehicle Dealer Board or state Dept of Consumer Fraud (or equivalent).  GET IT IN WRITING.
View Quote
Definitely this.

I had an insurance agent scam me this way, mainly due to my own stupid fault for trusting the guy.  Lesson learned.  We lost thousands on a claim due to what he told me over the phone. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I sent you more info and the picture of the itemized amount financed. Did you get it?
View Quote

Just now seen it.  For some reason the messenger didn't alert me.  Looking at it now
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You should turn the keys in and go to another dealer. Let them eat the 14k
View Quote

This right here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So, here's the thing. I have the long form that shows my payment and interest rate along with the correct vehicle. However, I also have a rider that basically says the car is a loan until financing is in place. I didn't read that and it also wasn't explained as that, so yes that part is my fault. But, they have already registered the car in my name and paid off my old lease and turned it back in to another dealer as an end of lease.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does the paperwork they gave you when you bought it say?

So, here's the thing. I have the long form that shows my payment and interest rate along with the correct vehicle. However, I also have a rider that basically says the car is a loan until financing is in place. I didn't read that and it also wasn't explained as that, so yes that part is my fault. But, they have already registered the car in my name and paid off my old lease and turned it back in to another dealer as an end of lease.

Call a credit union or bank and get a loan from them.  Dealer trying to jack you up.  His problem if they cannot get the year right.  They have the vin.  Also call district attorney and local investigative tv reporter.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sure would be interesting if you were to trade your truck in for a new one at a different dealer this week? 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

so you have a registered vehicle in your name ... and gm isn't aware of financing for said vehicle in your name?

sounds like your situation is improving. 

FUCK STEALERSHIPS! 
View All Quotes
Quoted:

so you have a registered vehicle in your name ... and gm isn't aware of financing for said vehicle in your name?

FUCK STEALERSHIPS! 

But does he have the title or certificate of origin?  If he does not have that, he does not legally own the vehicle.

If OP has that then, yes, the situation is definitely improving.  If OP doesn't then he is certainly in for a fight to get it from the dealership.

Quoted:
Its 2017, that finance manager types the VIN in his computer and it autofills all the paper. There is no confusing a 16 for a 17 etc, no confusing rebates, its all done automatically. If the VIN is correct on your paper work they are lying, call them on their bullshit and get the truth, if they fucked up your negative equity loan your going to eat it, if they fucked up and sold you it too cheap they are going to eat it.

I was doing dealer computer systems over ten years ago and like this poster says there is no way they made a year mistake.  F&I guy starts a new contract, it is populated with vehicle info from database, they do the numbers fiddlybits, then a screen comes up with multiple lenders.  They select which ones they want to send the loan app to.  All the data comes from the database.  It's not like the F&I guy pulls out a form and fills it out by hand for GMAC, Wells, 5/3, whoever.

The more I read, the more it sounds like OP is in the right here.

Quoted:
Did they forget to roll-in the lease payoff?

Now this sounds like a distinct possibility considering we are talking about approx 15K.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

But does he have the title or certificate of origin?  If he does not have that, he does not legally own the vehicle.

If OP has that then, yes, the situation is definitely improving.  If OP doesn't then he is certainly in for a fight to get it from the dealership.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK STEALERSHIPS! 

He wouldn't get the title until the loan is paid off.  It goes to the bank.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#28]
OP sent you an IM back.  Definitely a lot of WTF
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hide that truck OP. They will be coming for it soon
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Nobody is forcing you to buy from them now are they ?
View Quote

Actually, the manufacturers are not allowed to sell direct in my state. So yes, the only option for purchasing a new car is the dealerships.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

When/if they call back tell them to put it all in writing and fax it to your lawyers office.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

When/if they call back tell them to put it all in writing and fax it to your lawyers office.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just make sure you have an attorney before doing this.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#33]
tag for outcome
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is it something that he can go to a bank, get a loan, print check, then deliver to dealer?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm waiting on a call back from one now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#36]
What's most baffling to me out of all of this is how/why they sent a check to Acura to payoff the lease without having the deal funded first.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well of course,  isn't there a penguin around here somewhere?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Let's see here, pay cash for a 40k SUV or finance it for 3 years and use the extra cash I have on hand to dump into my retirement which is matched 1 for 1 up to 18k... hmm...
View Quote

Your tax deferred and employer matched retirement contributions should already be maxed out, before considering a $40K SUV.

Everyone gets to finance one car in their life. after that you should be paying cash.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That only works for Life Member or above (super-secret 'Black Level').
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#40]
of course I havent read a thing past the OP
one year difference does not mean $250 a month more
off the top of my head $250 more is the difference between a $30k truck and a $50k truck  

at least...   something is really wrong here
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

well don't leave us in the dark, what do you think happened?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Your tax deferred and employer matched retirement contributions should already be maxed out, before considering a $40K SUV.

Everyone gets to finance one car in their life. after that you should be paying cash.
View Quote

I have paid for a couple of cars with cash but they were used.  I have tried to pay for a new one with cash and was told I couldn't get all the rebates if I didn't finance.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious. Have you checked the registration with the Secretary of State?

http://www.ilsos.gov/regstatus/
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I have paid for a couple of cars with cash but they were used.  I have tried to pay for a new one with cash and was told I couldn't get all the rebates if I didn't finance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figure the price I'm willing to pay and tell the dealer. How they get to that number is their business.

Only time I financed a new car was when they offered 0.0%.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What's most baffling to me out of all of this is how/why they sent a check to Acura to payoff the lease without having the deal funded first.
View Quote

I bought a car at the beginning of the year, and I was wondering why it took them so long to pay off my trade in. They were waiting for my loan to fund is what they told me.
It took about 2 weeks, and then my trade in loan balance was zero.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:24:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, nothing shows up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Is it something that he can go to a bank, get a loan, print check, then deliver to dealer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reread that.  Yes, if he can get better financing rate, then go for it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No, it's not like that.  The discounts and figures are correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's not like that.  The discounts and figures are correct.

so where's the mess up?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah, nothing shows up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, nothing shows up.

It has only been two weeks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Finance. Get rebates. Pay off in full the following month.
Page / 46
Top Top