Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/4/2015 11:40:13 AM EDT
San Bernardino shooting: Attacker pledged allegiance to ISIS, officials say

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/04/us/san-bernardino-shooting/index.html

As the San Bernardino attack was happening, investigators believe the female shooter, Tashfeen Malik, posted on Facebook, pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, three U.S. officials familiar with the investigation told CNN.

The posting was by Malik made on an account with a different name, according to one U.S. official. The officials did not explain how they knew Malik made the post.

Update: FBI Treating Attack in San Bernardino as Terrorism

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/us/tashfeen-malik-islamic-state.html

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. is now treating the San Bernardino shooting by a husband and wife that killed 14 and wounded 21 as an act of terrorism, an agency official said Friday.

“As of today, based on the information and facts as we know them,” the agency is investigating this “as an act of terrorism,” David Bowdich, the assistant F.B.I. director in charge of the Los Angeles office, said at a news conference. The agency will be taking over the investigation from local officials.

Mr. Bowdich did not offer any details about why the bureau had made the determination, saying only that “there’s a number of pieces of evidence that has pushed us off the cliff.”
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#1]
But I thought it was workplace violence?
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#2]
ISIS is contained, they can't carry out an attack here

- Barry
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

As the San Bernardino attack was happening, investigators believe the female shooter, Tashfeen Malik, posted on Facebook, pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, three U.S. officials familiar with the investigation told CNN.

The posting was by Malik made on an account with a different name, according to one U.S. official. The officials did not explain how they knew Malik made the post.
View Quote

I don't know what surprises me more.  That someone told CNN or that CNN actually reported it

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#4]
He graduated not too long ago.  I'm surprised no one is working the student loan angle.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Color me shocked.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I would say this screenshot I took from CNN.com is funny but really it's just depressing.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I cannot believe CNN actually reported that.

I want to believe this will change things politically, but I am afraid that I know it wont.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He graduated not too long ago.  I'm surprised no one is working the student loan angle.
View Quote

K, that was a little funny.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Story will be buried.

Does not fit the narrative.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was. By pledging allegiance to ISIS, it's basically the same as working for them. So this only confirms that this was workplace violence.

/End libtard logic.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#11]
But...but....but

contained

JV

workplace violence

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#12]
They'll still spin it that white gun owners made them do this. It's all the white man's fault. Ban all the guns because that'll fix it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

The issue of inspire magazine where they got their pipe bomb plans also suggested terrorists attack at their work place. Work place violence my ass.

ETA: Inspire is the English recruiting magazine ISIS puts out on the internet.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Story will be buried.

View Quote

All over Fox now too.  Not going to be buried.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#15]
CNN got a good fucking scoop-its not a scoop but the fact that the LEOS and Feds leaked is pretty big.   Bergen and that female reporter have really good sources
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't know what surprises me more.  That someone told CNN or that CNN actually reported it

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Terrorist angle has more legs to it than work place violence, especially when you have the POTUS not willing to admit it.
CNN leans left but they aren't stupid. They know the avg person isn't going to buy it was work place violence. Viewers equals ads = $$$$
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would say this screenshot I took from CNN.com is funny but really it's just depressing.

http://i.imgur.com/qQA3gQe.jpg
View Quote

LOL. I did the same thing including arrows.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Story will be buried.

View Quote

Don't know if it can be buried now.  Fox is crediting Reuters as its source and saying it came form a government source.

I wonder how long Obama has tried to keep this fact under the radar while they were pushing every other cause for the shooting?
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#19]
But, but, the easy ability to get guns made it possible for them to radicalize!!  Don't you see??!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Don't know if it can be buried now.  Fox is crediting Reuters as its source and saying it came form a government source.

I wonder how long Obama has tried to keep this fact under the radar while they were pushing every other cause for the shooting?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Story will be buried.

Since it happened. Everyone knew what this was as soon as we had the names and the family friend told the NY Post he had become super religious in the recent 2 years.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:48:30 AM EDT
[#21]
There will just be silence from this Administration and their lackeys in the press until an event more suited to the narrative arrives. A couple days, one week tops.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They'll still spin it that white gun owners made them do this. It's all the white man's fault. Ban all the guns because that'll fix it.
View Quote

The left leaves out if these two didn't have guns they would have spent more time perfecting their bombs. If they decided getting guns was too hard and instead went with a car bomb attack outside a black Friday line the death toll would have been much higher.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hah!  Well, we're on the same page I guess.

If you now notice CNN took that story down.  Too embarrassing for their Dear Leader.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#24]
After this, the gun control push is dead.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I want to believe this will change things politically, but I am afraid that I know it wont.
View Quote

Lol it could be an actual Isis member from Syria who snuck in through Mexico and smuggled illegal guns and explosives, and they would still blame the NRA and call for gun control.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lol it could be an actual Isis member from Syria who snuck in through Mexico and smuggled illegal guns and explosives, and they would still blame the NRA and call for gun control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heck it could be al-Baghdadi and they'd bang the same drum.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was already dead.  People freak out and forget we control both houses of the Congress.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#29]
The female shooter's name is NOT "Tashfeen Malik"

http://shoebat.com/2015/12/03/88800/

This visit, unlike what CAIR claims is recent. And the reason no one can locate her origin is most likely that her name is not really “Tashfeen Malik”. No one is able to find any female named “Tashfeen Malik”. The name is very unusual for a woman and there is no record of any Tashfeen Malik in the U.S. or even abroad in Arabic.

Tashfeen Malik (King) is a nom de guerre for a Muslim Jihadist from the annals of Muslim history. As he is known to Muslims “?????? ??? ????????” Tashfeen Malik Al-Muahideen, in English: Tafhseen King of the Unitarians (Muslims) and the conquerer of the west. The history stems from when Yusuf ibn Tashfin led the Muslim forces in the Battle of Zallaqa/Sagrajas. He came to Andalusia from Morocco to help the Muslims fight against Alfonso VI, eventually achieving victory and allowing the Muslims to remain in Spain for centuries. The battle has been symbolic for Muslim victory against the Christians.

This is a hallmark of ISIS. Another hallmark is that Farook was a devout Muslim, but rarely discussed religion at work. Mr. Farook, 28, born in Illinois and who had Pakistani origins. Police says of his operation that “These were people that came prepared,” “There had to have been some degree of planning that went into this.”

No kidding.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#30]
This needs to be shoved so far up Obama's ass that he'll taste it for the next year.   If the Republicans have anything in their sacks they will burn his admin down with this.   His arrogance and mockery just a week ago over this needs to be hammered on, and hammered on, and hammered on.

He is worse than an empty suit.   He's a dangerous subversive from a party that wants even more radical subversives to be elected.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Impossible.

Dear Leader was on tv last week and promised me that there are no credible threats, because he went to his yearly security briefing.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Last night a Fox reporter said that FBI told him that it came down from the top that they can't call it terrorism unless they meet the administration definition of terrorism.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Last night a Fox reporter said that FBI told him that it came down from the top that they can't call it terrorism unless they meet the administration definition of terrorism.
View Quote

What......the......fuck.....
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

They worked for ISIS

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#35]
And the FBI is STILL REFUSING TO CALL IT TERRORISM.

The entire government needs an enema.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn, it's even om MSNBC home page, hows barry gonna spin this now?
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
And the FBI is STILL REFUSING TO CALL IT TERRORISM.

The entire government needs an enema.

View Quote

There will be mass enemas when the new administration comes in, provided we don't fuck it up.  This election is shaping up perfectly for Republicans but I will never underestimate the ability of the GOP establishment to completely ruin everything.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pushing never stops
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Knowing that the woman didn't work there must mean that this was workplace violence.
FBHO
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He who controls the narrative controls the perception.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

FBHO
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Shooters were oppressed and disenfranchised thus they lashed out at an unjust society don't cha know.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Nothing to see here!
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad but true.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Now they will shift to the "it's too easy for terrorists to get guns" narrative. This is the same party that chides anyone for suggesting that we should think carefully about taking more Syrian refugees but wants to put American citizens on a secret watchlist and use that list to restrict their rights under the Constitution. Ponder that rabbit hole shit.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually, I think it does.  But maybe not in the way we want.

The debate, which seems to intensify for a period after each incident, does not (at least in my experience) change people from one side to the other.  But it does seem to be hardening people's convictions.  And it seems to be pushing people farther to one side or the other.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#47]
JV Team strikes again......At this point, how Obama (FBHO) has ANY credibility is beyond me.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Impossible.

Dear Leader was on tv last week and promised me that there are no credible threats, because he went to his yearly security briefing.
View Quote

YUP.  Then this happened.

Oh, the day of Paris he stated ISIS was contained.

Jesus how many times as this guy said something and have the exact opposite happen?
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Social engineering. Everything is workplace violence to the admin. And academia. Progressive Government in general.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Shooters were oppressed and disenfranchised thus they lashed out at an unjust society don't cha know.
View Quote

Did you listen to NPR this morning?  Assorted theories were being put forth, like maybe since in one of his online profiles he described himself as a "blend of East and West" maybe it all stemmed from an identity crisis, or maybe the fact that there are so many white supremacist gangs in San Bernadino County played a part in it.

I'm not making any of that up.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top