Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You really need to be careful these days.
You could get herpes and hispes, too.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I've read (from reputable sources) the minority population in the US has large amounts of the nasty kind. Thats why you see those commercials and statistics with "1 in (x) people have genital herpes". Before I know that I wondered for a while if I knew a whole bunch of people that were keeping their herps secret.
View Quote

The Politically-Incorrect fact of modern Public Health is that blacks and Hispanics have rates of STD infections of all types which are much higher than those in among whites or Asians.

Except there is one group which has even higher infection rates:  Gay men.  STDs, including genital herpes, are rampant in the gay community.  Add in a co-infection with HIV and a normally mild, self-limiting disease becomes a life-threatening condition.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A girl in a rock band told me she had HSV2 (the genital kind) and that 1/4 people do and with Valtrex it's next to impossible to transmit. B.S.?
View Quote

In general a person is not infectious unless there is an active infection which produces a lesion.  But even asymptomatic persons can transmit the virus.

Drugs like Valtrex stop viral DNA replication so in theory someone who is taking Valtrex every day would not be infectious.  But that would get pretty expensive pretty quick, so most people only take it when they feel an outbreak coming on.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If i send you my lab results showing I'm negative for HSV1 will you mail me your mortgage payment? I'll just need your address.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You probably don't have HSV-2, the virus usually responsible for genital herpes.

But I would bet my mortgage that you have antibodies to at least one other type of herpes virus.  Probably chickenpox or HSV-1.

If i send you my lab results showing I'm negative for HSV1 will you mail me your mortgage payment? I'll just need your address.

If you will notice I specified ALL types of herpes viruses, instead of only HSV-1 and HSV-2. 

If you have zero antibodies to Varicella-Zoster, Epstein-Barr, Cytomegalovirus, or Human Herpes Virus-6 (Roseola) in addition to being seronegative for HSV-1 and HSV-2 then you would make far more money selling your blood to researchers, because that condition would be exceedingly rare among adults -- especially if you are sexually active but not monogamous.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#5]
When I see a cold sore I run!  Those things get huge, girl at work had one recently and it took forever to heal, big ole nasty scab on her lips and face.  If I had to choose, I rather have genital herpes, at least you can hide that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#6]
coc
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top