Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/16/2014 3:14:33 PM EDT

The students were initially suspended for 10 days, but Cregan decided Tuesday they won’t be allowed back, Brown reported.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope they sue the school for violating their first amendment rights.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn right!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Their school.... Their rules.... wait.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]
heroic restraint...lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Private school.  No rights.

Still, bunch of crybabies.  "Wah, we're offended by an old battle flag of Tennessee!"  (They wouldn't know the Confederate National Flag if it was shoved up their asses.)

P.S.  Parent named JuJu Quinonez?  WTF.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Private school  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Private school  

http://pix11.com/2014/04/16/4-li-students-expelled-for-wearing-blackface-confederate-flag/#axzz2z5v3Jon0

Two senior females were also expelled at the school; however, for a black face incident. It seems the principal is trying to deescalate an unknown situation.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:25:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Private school  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Private school  

Then hopefully their parents will take their private money somewhere else.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Kid should have used this flag. They never would have known.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#10]
if they had flown the Bonnie Blue or Choctaw Battle flag, not one person would have known otherwise.

unless you are Somalian.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#11]
If they suspended kids for doing that where I live, 3/4 of the school would be suspended at any given moment.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#12]
NY
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#13]
<reality="sad">
If they had lowered the American flag and burnt it then raised a black anarchist flag nothing would have been done other than the other students would have had to attend an assembly for a one hour lecture on tolerance of these different ideas.
</reality>
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their school their rules, YES.  It's a private school.  First Amendment does NOT apply.  Read the article before stepping on dork publicly
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agree, either the First National as shown above or the Hardee flag (blue field with white snowball in centre).
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Wait, I'm confused, a private business (school) can violate someone free speech but a private business (bakery) can't not bake a cake for homos?  
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember teachers telling us we had no 1st amendment rights while in school...... 'course this was back in the day when they could & would bust your ass upside the head for acting out.

Which actually wasn't that long ago...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I would wear a 15 star 1812 US flag to that school and see what the response is.  If I didn't get expelled I would take that as a measure of the Principals ignorance as slavery was legal in ALL states at that point in history.  After reading the article it sounds like they have a race problem.  The AoT flag isn't necessarily offensive, it is the context in which it is displayed.  +1 on the first national, it probably would have been just fine in yankeeland.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q197/hwj_chim/800px-CSA_FLAG_431861-2151861svg_zps656b6fd5.png
View Quote
Or a confederate naval jack.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#20]
The students were initially suspended for 10 days, but Cregan decided Tuesday they won’t be allowed back, Brown reported.

Cregan wrote a letter to parents saying the use of any symbols “designed to revive past injustices or to inflame discrimination or racial intolerance, is completely unacceptable and profoundly offensive,”
View Quote

So his plan is to fight intolerance with more intolerance.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#21]

“I certainly think this particular symbol of hate falls in the category of something that should be excised from our culture,"
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cregan wrote a letter to parents saying the use of any symbols "designed to revive past injustices or to inflame discrimination or racial intolerance, is completely unacceptable and profoundly offensive,”

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#25]
“I find it just very hard to even imagine why any student in 2014 would even consider or think that a Confederate flag would be anything other than a symbol of hate,” Cregan said.
View Quote

People like this guy who continue to perpetuate this fallacy are the problem.

JuJu Quinnonez
View Quote

Now that's a name.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#26]
This proud Southerner is finding out hard to give a fuck.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s136.photobucket.com/user/hwj_chim/media/800px-CSA_FLAG_431861-2151861svg_zps656b6fd5.png.html" target="_blank">http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q197/hwj_chim/800px-CSA_FLAG_431861-2151861svg_zps656b6fd5.png</a>
View Quote

Puerto Rico?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#28]
lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wait, I'm confused, a private business (school) can violate someone free speech but a private business (bakery) can't not bake a cake for homos?  
View Quote

Don't worry. Somebody will come along and explain how everything that's screwed up about this country is perfectly legal. You're supposed to like it. Even if you don't you better act like you do.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q197/hwj_chim/800px-CSA_FLAG_431861-2151861svg_zps656b6fd5.png
View Quote

Haha, yeah.

Georgia had a "racist confederate stars and bars hate flag" as out state flag. Now we have the real one and the assholes are none the wiser
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#31]
There were two high schools in my home town.   One on the northside, called northside high.  They are the grizzlys.
The other is on the south side of town and yes named south side high.  South side are the rebels.

Now as you can imagine, the demographics are also appropriate for the school names.

They have been trying to ban the rebel flag for years.   They even renamed the girls teams from the confederettes to the lady rebels.  But the tradition has yet to go away.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There is a specific statute that photographers violated by refusing the homosexuals service. I am prohibited from refusing to represent homosexuals and transgender whatever's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a specific statute that photographers violated by refusing the homosexuals service. I am prohibited from refusing to represent homosexuals and transgender whatever's.

What does photography and baking a cake have to do with each other?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#33]
private baby
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, the dumbasses that were against the old flag have been bamboozled and don't even know it

Quoted:

Haha, yeah.

Georgia had a "racist confederate stars and bars hate flag" as out state flag. Now we have the real one and the assholes are none the wiser
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, yeah.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I did not know we made it that far north.

....Except for the agents that tried to burn NYC.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

http://pix11.com/2014/04/16/4-li-students-expelled-for-wearing-blackface-confederate-flag/#axzz2z5v3Jon0

Two senior females were also expelled at the school; however, for a black face incident. It seems the principal is trying to deescalate an unknown situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Private school  

Yes, I think there may be more to this story than a random and isolated incident of a couple of kids walking around with a historical flag.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
"The students haven’t explained why they did it. St. Anthony’s is a
private Catholic school and isn’t bound by the First Amendment right to
free speech."

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#38]
“The African-American students who immediately saw it really exercised heroic restraint and fortunately a teacher immediately confiscated the flag and took the students out of the gym,” Cregan said
View Quote

So the "African-American students" acted heroically by not assaulting the students with the flag? That's heroism?

I'm not saying it was smart but come on...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#39]
I thought that was kanyes flag now.
How could it possibly be offensive?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:47:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So the "African-American students" acted heroically by not assaulting the students with the flag? That's heroism?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
“The African-American students who immediately saw it really exercised heroic restraint and fortunately a teacher immediately confiscated the flag and took the students out of the gym,” Cregan said

Welcome to New America.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:58:28 AM EDT
[#41]
I have always loved the stars and bars and I am the first one to say we should have never brought or held slaves in this country.  I think most southerners would agree that it was a terrible mistake from the start, and we pay for it every day.  

My people fought on both sides but I am a Texan first a Southerner second and an American third.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:01:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Why would any real American want to display the flag of traitors that engaged in human trafficking and killed US Army soldiers?

Flying the Confederate battle flag is no different than flying the flag of Al Qaeda. Maybe worse, because the body count is bigger for the Confederates.

The American soldiers that these traitorous Confederates killed were good, patriotic American men from states like New York and Pennsylvania. THEY WERE REAL PEOPLE.  They had families and they had better things to do, but they answered the call of their country and the only reason we are here today is because of the extreme sacrifices these men made. When you fly the Confederate battle flag you piss on the graves of these heroes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:11:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
if they had flown the Bonnie Blue or Choctaw Battle flag, not one person would have known otherwise.

unless you are Somalian.
View Quote

Hmmmmmm, interdasting!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:13:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Why would any real American want to display the flag of traitors that engaged in human trafficking and killed US Army soldiers?

Flying the Confederate battle flag is no different than flying the flag of Al Qaeda. Maybe worse, because the body count is bigger for the Confederates.

The American soldiers that these traitorous Confederates killed were good, patriotic American men from states like New York and Pennsylvania. THEY WERE REAL PEOPLE.  They had families and they had better things to do, but they answered the call of their country and the only reason we are here today is because of the extreme sacrifices these men made. When you fly the Confederate battle flag you piss on the graves of these heroes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:13:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Notsureifserious.jpeg

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:15:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bless your heart.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never go full retard
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:16:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Good, it's a stupid fucking flag
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:17:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought they were mostly the unwanted of society and conscripted straight off of boats.  Probably why kill ratio was so lopsided, southern volunteers versus northern draftees.

But yeah as a North Carolinian, and veteran of many battles in the name of defending America against muslim extremism I kinda get your point. But I don't really agree with it..
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:22:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Carpetbagger, scalawag or both?  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top