Site Notices
Page / 59
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Got a source?
View Quote

It was posted above, thread is moving fast...

https://elections.il.gov/campaigndisclosuredatafiles/Candidates.txt

The dad ran as a Democrat
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Why does it say "false" at the end.  Not a Dem?  Not registered?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It indicates that the information has never been asked for a redaction in that column.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
A sick, manipulative, killer. Just like the one in New Zealand and so many others. Nothing to see here.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I had no Idea Aristotle was a marxist. The things you learn from randos online.
View Quote

Except Artistole never said that "everything is political."

That's a marxist reinterpretation of his philosophy. The phrase doesn't even have a Greek origin. It has a french origin. "Tout est politique."

Aristole said "Man is a political animal."

And in context, what he said has nothing to do with Marxist philosophy:

"From these things therefore it is clear that the city-state is a natural growth, and that man is by nature a political animal, and a man that is by nature and not merely by fortune citiless is either low in the scale of humanity or above it (like the “ clanless, lawless, hearthless
” man reviled by Homer,1 for one by nature unsocial is also ‘a lover of war’) inasmuch as he is solitary, like an isolated piece at draughts. And why man is a political animal in a greater measure than any bee or any gregarious animal is clear. For nature, as we declare, does nothing without purpose; and man alone of the animals possesses speech. The mere voice, it is true, can indicate pain and pleasure, and therefore is possessed by the other animals as well (for their nature has been developed so far as to have sensations of what is painful and pleasant and to indicate those sensations to one another), but speech is designed to indicate the advantageous and the harmful, and therefore also the right and the wrong; for it is the special property of man in distinction from the other animals that he alone has perception of good and bad and right and wrong and the other moral qualities, and it is partnership in these things that makes a household and a city-state.

Thus also the city-state is prior in nature to the household and to each of us individually. For the whole must necessarily be prior to the part; since when the whole body is destroyed, foot or hand will not exist except in an equivocal sense, like the sense in which one speaks of a hand sculptured in stone as a hand; because a hand in those circumstances will be a hand spoiled, and all things are defined by their function and capacity, so that when they are no longer such as to perform their function they must not be said to be the same things, but to bear their names in an equivocal sense. It is clear therefore that the state is also prior by nature to the individual; for if each individual when separate is not self-sufficient, he must be related to the whole state as other parts are to their whole, while a man who is incapable of entering into partnership, or who is so self-sufficing that he has no need to do so, is no part of a state, so that he must be either a lower animal or a god.

Therefore the impulse to form a partnership of this kind is present in all men by nature; but the man who first united people in such a partnership was the greatest of benefactors. For as man is the best of the animals when perfected, so he is the worst of all when sundered from law and justice. For unrighteousness is most pernicious when possessed of weapons, and man is born possessing weapons for the use of wisdom and virtue, which it is possible to employ entirely for the opposite ends. Hence when devoid of virtue man is the most unholy and savage of animals, and the worst in regard to sexual indulgence and gluttony. Justice on the other hand is an element of the state; for judicial procedure, which means the decision of what is just, is the regulation of the political partnership."

See if you can figure out the difference between Aristotle and the Marxist "everything is political."
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The formatting is at the top of the file, it's the space for "
RedactionRequested"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The formatting is at the top of the file, it's the space for "
RedactionRequested"

Thanks.   I noticed it was on other lines as well.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is a useful talking point for folks here who may, in the coming days, encounter people who try to lump this type of atypical horror under the broad banner of "gun violence", as if the gun did it...and as if you share culpability as an advocate for gun rights.  Quite the opposite is true.  Their focus on the gun instead of the mass murderer is why this keeps happening.

Specifically, Virginia Board of Heath commissioner Dr. Colin Greene warns that not only is the term "gun violence" a politically-motivated "Democratic talking point", it's also standing in the way of getting to the bottom of what triggers/motivates such mass-murdering psychopaths:

Gun violence is a term that actually combines — and again, conflates — four different issues... 1) suicides, 2) homicides and a relatively small number of 3) accidents and 4) mass shooting events, all of which have different sources and motivations.

To lump those all together by the fact that there was a firearm involved ignores the fact that there are very different origins for those four different problems... and I’m concerned that we’ll miss the opportunity to actually address the root causes of why people choose to take their own lives, why people choose to take other people’s lives, how dangerous items like firearms are handled carelessly to allow children to be hurt, and what it is in our society that causes people to want to be mass murderers.

Those are the things that I think we should be looking at.  Not the actual method that people are using.

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As with the Uvalde shooter, a question is outstanding.
Where did he get enough money for the car and the firearms ?
View Quote

A few k for a 2010 Honda Fit and rifle isn’t a whole lot of money in 2022.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why does it say "false"?   Curious, not saying shooter's dad isn't a Dem.  Shooter may have been rebelling against his conservative business owing dad?  Dad's part affiliation does not mean shooter is the same -- either way.
View Quote

That's the "redaction requested" column. His father didn't request that the information be redacted.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is about to get shared by every BLM person out there. Mass Shooter peacefully arrested while Akron suspect shot while unarmed.
View Quote

He pulled over and did what the cops told him.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had an AR, bolt action rifle, shotgun, pistol, car, drone and more.   But his family claims they didn't see any warning signs.

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Appears to be a "Where's Waldo" getup he's wearing. Why would a Trump supporter wear that to a Trump rally? They wouldn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FW2xrUUXgAEix0w?format=jpg&name=large

lol, I'm sure he was a Trumper

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif

Appears to be a "Where's Waldo" getup he's wearing. Why would a Trump supporter wear that to a Trump rally? They wouldn't.

IIRC, "Where's Waldo?" was an anti-Trump attempted meme.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

PartyAffiliation     RedactionRequested  <---the last two columns

ETA...beat....
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Dad ran as a Democrat
Can you give me proof so I can shut that down then?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170652/SmartSelect_20220704-175644_Photo_Editor-2441834.JPG

I found this from the 2019 election.

https://vote-usa.org/election.aspx?state=il&election=il20190402oa91614

You have to click where it says mayor to see him and the democrat he ran against. Curiously, there is no letter after his name.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is about to get shared by every BLM person out there. Mass Shooter peacefully arrested while Akron suspect shot while unarmed.

He didn't shoot at them during the pursuit, although the cops were probably thinking "wish a motherfucker would".
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He had an AR, bolt action rifle, shotgun, pistol, car, drone and more.   But his family claims they didn't see any warning signs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mollified him to keep him away. That person is one huge warning sign.

look at how consistent his firing was during the first 30 rounds

30 rounds in about 6 seconds

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#16]
If that could fit in with whomever he hung around and live his life as he did and nobody thought he was crazy?  What goes for sane these days? I don't know what color a concerned flag is but he should have had somebody keeping an eye on him and family is where it should start.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:24:24 PM EDT
[#17]

I’ve been told by my site protected betters here that it’s unwise to attempt to make any political assumptions based on photographic, artistic, and/or printed evidence submitted about this particular troubled teen.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

It means "Redaction Requested" was false per the text file.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The production quality of that rap video looked above average to me for a 'kid' doing it on his own, but I'm hardly an expert on such things.
View Quote

Yes - the video seemed to be professionally produced on a set.   No doubt the kid was a mental case but it seems awfully convenient these nutters seem to be doing these events at a time the Dems & FBI need a distraction from the economy and obvious senility.  - Does anyone doubt that the FBI does not want a Republican controlled House or Senate?
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's a tab-delimited text file.  The last column is a checkbox for asking for redaction of some kind. (Maybe an address or phone number.)

Look at the top line, that tells you what the columns are.  You can import it into any spreadsheet program to look.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Man, 22, in custody after parade shooting; 6 dead, 24 wounded | Prime
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes - the video seemed to be professionally produced on a set.   No doubt the kid was a mental case but it seems awfully convenient these nutters seem to be doing these events at a time the Dems & FBI need a distraction from the economy and obvious senility.  - Does anyone doubt that the FBI does not want a Republican controlled House or Senate?
View Quote

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the last two years pushing the entire world a little closer to the crazy line.......
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Looking at the two pictures if they are both recent, it doesn’t look like the same guy. The tattoos don’t match. The one of him in the FBI cap is reverse/mirror image. So to me the little arrow by the eye is on the opposite side. Am I missing something?
View Quote

Selfies are reversed (mirror image) unless you change the setting in your phone to unreverse them.  So, that's why his selfies are both mirror image and unreversed.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
His mom is kind of hot.
Yea yea, I know.  Lots of info and pics since his dad is a local business owner and ran for mayor.

View Quote

Wait where are pics of hot mom?
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#26]
The shooter literally mentioned he was in MK-ULTRA in his social media..
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You have to click where it says mayor to see him and the democrat he ran against. Curiously, there is no letter after his name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Dad ran as a Democrat
Can you give me proof so I can shut that down then?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170652/SmartSelect_20220704-175644_Photo_Editor-2441834.JPG

From my understanding he was in a run off election and both would have been a D but I do not know for sure.  Either way probably Democratic raised.  If the reddit posting of his Antifa tattoo is accurate to 2014 he was lost 8 years ago.  Which is funny because in 2014 is the same time he graduated Harvard with his "Masters" according to his LinkedIn profile.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Faked social media post made by 4chan.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#30]
At least six dead and 24 injured in shooting at Fourth of July parade in Highland Park, Illinois, po
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And you need to go back and take a gun class cause you dont know what the hell youre talking about

IL residents can buy a rifle any where in the country the ffl in that state has to transfer it to a IL ffl who then handles the transfers and waiting period. Again there is no restriction saying long guns have to be bought from touching states.

Secondly a handgun can be bought out of state again same rules apply the ffl in that state has to transfer to to a IL ffl and then you start your waiting period.

Is be asking for a refund on your law class or who ever taught you. Honestly its disturbing to think you hold a FOID or CCW and dont know the basic rules…..

Oh yea and in case you must know 46 resident of shitcago and a holder of a ccw fyi i just purchased a Taurus and a tikka in TN while down here it will be to my ffl before I even get back from vacation

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A resident of IL can only buy long guns in states actually touching IL. I have never bought one in IN but I believe that they must run an IL version of the federal check and you have to wait three days to get it. You cannot buy a handgun out of state.

And you need to go back and take a gun class cause you dont know what the hell youre talking about

IL residents can buy a rifle any where in the country the ffl in that state has to transfer it to a IL ffl who then handles the transfers and waiting period. Again there is no restriction saying long guns have to be bought from touching states.

Secondly a handgun can be bought out of state again same rules apply the ffl in that state has to transfer to to a IL ffl and then you start your waiting period.

Is be asking for a refund on your law class or who ever taught you. Honestly its disturbing to think you hold a FOID or CCW and dont know the basic rules…..

Oh yea and in case you must know 46 resident of shitcago and a holder of a ccw fyi i just purchased a Taurus and a tikka in TN while down here it will be to my ffl before I even get back from vacation

Yeah I'm sure they where referring to in person but carry on
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Remember "Bullet_Sponge" ? he was a "spooky" guy and a failed woke politician.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are the one adding politics to every post.

You are the one calling everyone here “trailer trash”, “vermin” and “retards”. There was another one you called us that was pretty anti-gay, but I am not quoting that, even though I’m in that group. I’ll only refer to myself as that. Knowing my luck I’d get banned for saying that you said it.

We are telling YOU that we see what you are doing. You likely only get to shit talk on GD because you have are part of one of two special classes on arfcom. I’ll eventually figure out which.

I know why the other two big hitter shit posters get to say what they want with impunity (one is on the hidden .mil section laughing at his trolling in GD, the other is in another hidden section). Eventually I’ll figure you out if one of us doesn’t get banned first.

Remember "Bullet_Sponge" ? he was a "spooky" guy and a failed woke politician.

Yes, him and "Target_Target".
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has over $100,000 in Spotify sales from his rapping career per fox/IMDb.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Many parents pay no attention to nor give zero fucks as to what their kids are up to.  It's not surprising at all.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Mollified him to keep him away. That person is one huge warning sign.

look at how consistent his firing was during the first 30 rounds

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FW3ZnaiWAAUzAIa?format=png&name=900x900

View Quote

It isn't hard to keep a consistent fire rate if you're simply spraying in the general direction of crowds.  Given that only 6 died, it's a pretty reasonable assumption that is what he was doing.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Any word on what kind of rifle he used? News just says “high powered” rifle.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Any word on what kind of rifle he used? News just says “high powered” rifle.
View Quote

AR.

It's always an AR.  

Even if it's not
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

MK-ULTRA was shut down decades ago. The CIA likely continued the research, but under a different name and probably carried out by contractors and shell companies. Anyone actually involved would not refer to it by a 50 year old well known moniker.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

From my understanding he was in a run off election but not going to say it was that election as I am not positive but either way probably Democratic raised.  If the reddit posting of his Antifa tattoo is accurate to 2014 he was lost 8 years ago.  Which is funny because in 2014 is the same time he graduated Harvard with his "Masters" according to his LinkedIn profile.
View Quote

The Reddit rose tattoo posting from 2014 is someone else, not the shooter.

Beyond the date (shooter would have been 14), you can also tell that arm is not the arm of a man who weighs 125 lbs.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Any word on what kind of rifle he used? News just says "high powered" rifle.
View Quote
There's an AR in the background of some of his photos. (Which may now be taken down.)

Probably an AR, but it wasn't a great picture so could be any in the black rifle family. (It wasn't an AK pattern.)
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Perhaps this is dynamic propaganda for the next election cycle.

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I swear this forum is the Abe Lincoln Internet meme.

ETA This shooting less than 24 hours old. Almost everything you hear, on arf and elsewhere, will be bullshit in this window. Proceed accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That's a marxist reinterpretation of his philosophy. The phrase doesn't even have a Greek origin. It has a french origin. "Tout est politique."

"From these things therefore it is clear that the city-state is a natural growth, and that man is by nature a political animal, and a man that is by nature and not merely by fortune citiless is either low in the scale of humanity or above it (like the “ clanless, lawless, hearthless
” man reviled by Homer,1 for one by nature unsocial is also ‘a lover of war’) inasmuch as he is solitary, like an isolated piece at draughts. And why man is a political animal in a greater measure than any bee or any gregarious animal is clear. For nature, as we declare, does nothing without purpose; and man alone of the animals possesses speech. The mere voice, it is true, can indicate pain and pleasure, and therefore is possessed by the other animals as well (for their nature has been developed so far as to have sensations of what is painful and pleasant and to indicate those sensations to one another), but speech is designed to indicate the advantageous and the harmful, and therefore also the right and the wrong; for it is the special property of man in distinction from the other animals that he alone has perception of good and bad and right and wrong and the other moral qualities, and it is partnership in these things that makes a household and a city-state.

Thus also the city-state is prior in nature to the household and to each of us individually. For the whole must necessarily be prior to the part; since when the whole body is destroyed, foot or hand will not exist except in an equivocal sense, like the sense in which one speaks of a hand sculptured in stone as a hand; because a hand in those circumstances will be a hand spoiled, and all things are defined by their function and capacity, so that when they are no longer such as to perform their function they must not be said to be the same things, but to bear their names in an equivocal sense. It is clear therefore that the state is also prior by nature to the individual; for if each individual when separate is not self-sufficient, he must be related to the whole state as other parts are to their whole, while a man who is incapable of entering into partnership, or who is so self-sufficing that he has no need to do so, is no part of a state, so that he must be either a lower animal or a god.

Therefore the impulse to form a partnership of this kind is present in all men by nature; but the man who first united people in such a partnership was the greatest of benefactors. For as man is the best of the animals when perfected, so he is the worst of all when sundered from law and justice. For unrighteousness is most pernicious when possessed of weapons, and man is born possessing weapons for the use of wisdom and virtue, which it is possible to employ entirely for the opposite ends. Hence when devoid of virtue man is the most unholy and savage of animals, and the worst in regard to sexual indulgence and gluttony. Justice on the other hand is an element of the state; for judicial procedure, which means the decision of what is just, is the regulation of the political partnership."

See if you can figure out the difference between Aristotle and the Marxist "everything is political."
View Quote

Jesus Christ! And I thought I was pedantic...lol
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had no Idea Aristotle was a marxist. The things you learn from randos online.

“In our age there is no such thing as "keeping out of politics." All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia.
George Orwell
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I’d bet good money this guy is on an SSRI or two.
View Quote

Unironically he appears to have worked at Abbott Labs
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If that could fit in with whomever he hung around and live his life as he did and nobody thought he was crazy?  What goes for sane these days? I don't know what color a concerned flag is but he should have had somebody keeping an eye on him and family is where it should start.
View Quote

This is the main problem with red flag laws.  People do not want to ruin a young man's life, just because he is a little "different".  It would take a lot of courage to turn your own son in for violent thoughts.  Remember there are thousands of people like this piece of $&^* that never do anything wrong except shoot their mouth off.  Many get the help they need and do not become murderers.

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Wait where are pics of hot mom?
View Quote

pics of mom on the /  /
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 59
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top