BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL LOL Never anything close to the butthurt jealousy of California here in GD. You guys are really funny with that shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know!  Let's build some multi-million dollar houses in fire-ecology chaparral and then get our panties in a twist when it catches fire every year!  Just like it's supposed to!!

The funny thing is that homes in California that are in the path of wildfires are still worth more than safe homes in your area.

LOL dude, that is some sad butthurt on display right there. You guys get so offended when people criticize your state and circle the wagons.  It's really not such a big deal.

LOL LOL Never anything close to the butthurt jealousy of California here in GD. You guys are really funny with that shit.

Not that I take any gratification over anyone's home burning down, jealousy is hardly what I feel when I think of California. Pity, yes. Irritation at wretched leftists who try to infringe on the rights of others, yes. Jealousy? HAhahahaha!

Jealousy assumes that you have something someone else wants. What do you have that those in the Free States want?

What you're seeing from some is hatred.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The funny thing is that homes in California that are in the path of wildfires are still worth more than safe homes in your area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know!  Let's build some multi-million dollar houses in fire-ecology chaparral and then get our panties in a twist when it catches fire every year!  Just like it's supposed to!!

Not for long!
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I bet this site would have come unglued if people were cheering on the wildfires in TX a few years back. I bet the Texans would have circled the wagons as well. It's a shitty thing to do no matter whose state is burning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL dude, that is some sad butthurt on display right there. You guys get so offended when people criticize your state and circle the wagons.  It's really not such a big deal.

I bet this site would have come unglued if people were cheering on the wildfires in TX a few years back. I bet the Texans would have circled the wagons as well. It's a shitty thing to do no matter whose state is burning.

+1

I remember people got pissy when a member made a joke about the major floods in WV raising the property values.

Other threads on CA disasters even got derpy comments about it being "god's will" but when the exact same comment was copied and pasted in a TX thread (with "CA" changed to "TX") the hissy fits came pouring out of our usually "rock ribbed texans". lol
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Look, way over there by the Hollywood sign.....its the fuck I don't give for that state!
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
per square foot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a pretty stupid assumption, especially since a 500k home in my area is worth as much as a 500k home in Hollywood.

per square foot?

How incredibly stupid. A shack in Hollywood with can cost more per square foot than my home here, and I'm living better by far, and I don't have to deal with asshole leftists.

Edit: Not that I'm happy when some asshole leftists' shack burns down. That's beside the point. The point is that your idiotic assumption means that you get less home for your money, with higher taxes, higher insurance rates, and authoritarian fucks trying to erode your freedoms. Not exactly something to be jealous of.

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How incredibly stupid. A shack in Hollywood with can cost more per square foot than my home here, and I'm living better by far, and I don't have to deal with asshole leftists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a pretty stupid assumption, especially since a 500k home in my area is worth as much as a 500k home in Hollywood.

per square foot?

I think the point he's making is that if you own a 1 acre lot with a burned out husk on it, you may in fact be able to sell it for more than a 1 acre plot with the yugest most luxurious home on it in other states. If you own it, odds are you paid for it, so I don't even know the point that's being made. I just think it unseemly to wish harm upon unknown   fellow Americans because they live in a state you don't like but also don't live in.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think the point he's making is that if you own a 1 acre lot with a burned out husk on it, you may in fact be able to sell it for more than a 1 acre plot with the yugest most luxurious home on it in other states. If you own it, odds are you paid for it, so I don't even know the point that's being made. I just think it unseemly to wish harm upon unknown   fellow Americans because they live in a state you don't like but also don't live in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

per square foot?

It is unseemly, but it is understandable, when one sees certain states attempting to erode the freedoms that many hold dear.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol....500k in Hollywood doesn't even get you a home.  Try again.

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It is unseemly, but it is understandable, when one sees certain states attempting to erode the freedoms that many hold dear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

per square foot?

Except for every Californian on this site (I would hope). The only people who read the thoughtless impotent rage of the cerebrally diminutive posters who don't bash CA, but spew unfocused hate in our general direction are their nominal allies.

Pretty fucking dumb, if you ask me.

ETA: I think I missed a comma or three in there. I had to cut up a bunch of lowers today, and that always warrants a few beers
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not that I take any gratification over anyone's home burning down, jealousy is hardly what I feel when I think of California. Pity, yes. Irritation at wretched leftists who try to infringe on the rights of others, yes. Jealousy? HAhahahaha!

Jealousy assumes that you have something someone else wants. What do you have that those in the Free States want?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The point is, it's mindless, whatever the fuck you want to call it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't give a fuck if 500k doesn't buy a home in Hollywood. It's just a number that I threw out, to show the lack of logic in the previous post.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Edit: Not that I'm happy when some asshole leftists' shack burns down. That's beside the point. The point is that your idiotic assumption means that you get less home for your money, with higher taxes, higher insurance rates, and authoritarian fucks trying to erode your freedoms. Not exactly something to be jealous of.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

per square foot?

The point is that demand dictates value -- as in, your home versus the ones there. If there is more demand for one particular thing, there is usually a reason.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Except for every Californian on this site (I would hope). The only people who read the thoughtless impotent rage of the cerebrally diminutive posters who don't bash CA, but spew unfocused hate in our general direction are their nominal allies.

ETA: I think I missed a comma or three in there. I had to cut up a bunch of lowers today, and that always warrants a few beers
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I said that it's understandable, not necessarily right or "fair".

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#15]
That looks like where they  filmed M*A*S*H*.    I hope Klinger get out ok.  #SaveRosie'sBar
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I said that it's understandable, not necessarily right or "fair".

View Quote

Stupidity is understandable. So noted.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, there's a word for something that's "mindless" and it's called "mindless", not "jealousy", because jealousy is the furthest thing from most people's minds with regards to this subject.

I'm sorry. I mean, "California is the greatest! I'm so jealous! Look at all of the jealous people! You must really love living in California!".

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#18]
"THE HILLS ARE ALIVE, WITH THE SOUND OF FIRE"
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't give a fuck if 500k doesn't buy a home in Hollywood. It's just a number that I threw out, to show the lack of logic in the previous post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then how is response anything close to logic?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The point is that demand dictates value -- as in, your home versus the ones there. If there is more demand for one particular thing, there is usually a reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

per square foot?

Wow. You're really trying hard to convince us to be jealous of Hollywood.

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That looks like where they  filmed M*A*S*H*.    I hope Klinger get out ok.  #SaveRosie'sBar
View Quote
That's about 40 minutes from there

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Well, there's a word for something that's "mindless" and it's called "mindless", not "jealousy", because jealousy is the furthest thing from most people's minds with regards to this subject.

I'm sorry. I mean, "California is the greatest! I'm so jealous! Look at all of the jealous people! You must really love living in California!".

View Quote

I think the real question is: What is going on in your head that would get you so worked up about some place you don't even live in the first place?

You guys are like the people who rant about how awful homosexuals are, and then will spend a half hour describing in detail all the stuff that homosexuals do. Yeah, nothing going on there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously. Are you trying to wear me down with a barrage of stupid, or are you being serious?

I'm thinking stupid. This tit-for-tat game is wearing on me, because I'm not the type to gloat over the misfortune of others anyway. I'm sorry if I'm not the least bit jealous of your precious Hollywood. I'll try harder next time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I think the real question is: What is going on in your head that would get you so worked up about some place you don't even live in the first place?
You guys are like the people who rant about how awful homosexuals are, and then will spend a half hour describing in detail all the stuff that homosexuals do. Yeah, nothing going on there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who the fuck do you think I am?

I've not talked about anything other than your idiotic comment about how great California is, based on housing prices per square foot. (LOL!)

Edit: Bye now! Toodles!

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Let it burn!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just demonstrated my point and perhaps this is why people like to poke fun at Cali and TX. You're lashing out again by doubling down on the California is the greatest silliness...a argument you made up from thin air as there was no context in my post to warrant such.  I wasn't criticizing California or hoping it burns, I was laughing at you. If I was jealous of California, I would live there.  It is just another state dude.  Take a chill pill.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, 500k wouldn't even buy a burnt out smoking rubble of a plot of land with nothing on it in the neighborhood where the fire is burning

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Just make up whatever shit makes your world more comfortable. We knew you would, anyway.
View Quote

Holy cow, this is really getting to you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My house is at least a mile or more from there.  I'm not particularly worried.  It would have to burn through a lot of homes and jump the freeway before it got to me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm good, thanks for asking.

How close are the fires to you?
My house is at least a mile or more from there.  I'm not particularly worried.  It would have to burn through a lot of homes and jump the freeway before it got to me.

Good.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't worry everyone, everything will be OK  ....... Gov brown signs immediate legislation BANNING FIRE !!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:37:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm genuinely confused. Are you attempting to defend the sentiments of some people on this thread by citing FBHO? What about FBHO doing something makes it right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let it burn!

Classy

I always thought it odd that it's somehow not looked down upon to crow with glee over people's homes being burned and their lives destroyed because they live in the wrong state.

Fucking pathetic.

You mean like our president did since he was mad about Rick Perry running for president during the Texas wildfires a few years ago?

FBHO.

I'm genuinely confused. Are you attempting to defend the sentiments of some people on this thread by citing FBHO? What about FBHO doing something makes it right?

Not at all. I'm just making sure I don't skip a wonderful chance to point out what a petty douche the POTUS is and how glad I am that he's almost gone.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:46:37 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm gonna need 42 tons of graham crackers and 45 tons of chocolate!

We got this shit locked down.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:47:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We can all trust the insurance companies, right? It's always pleasant dealing with them.

Why don't you go take a poll of people who have had their houses burn down and see how many think it's really not that bad. We'll wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let it burn!

Classy

I always thought it odd that it's somehow not looked down upon to crow with glee over people's homes being burned and their lives destroyed because they live in the wrong state.

Fucking pathetic.

Lives destroyed? Because your house burns down? Yeah ok..... that is what insurance is for. If you dont have insurance on something that is "worth" a million bucks then youre a dumbass.

It is stuff. No one is rooting for people to die.

We can all trust the insurance companies, right? It's always pleasant dealing with them.

Why don't you go take a poll of people who have had their houses burn down and see how many think it's really not that bad. We'll wait.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:05:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Just think, the news wont report about blacks killing blacks in Chicago tomorrow.

Some stars will be on the news complaining about fire safety and WHY did it happen to them. They will be talking about having to smell the smoke and their pocket dog was terrified.

I dont care. I dont want lives lost. If their shit gets burned,, Oh Well!!  Grab ya a hose, a shovel and help those people that came to help you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:22:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. Grew up there and left for a reason. I spent last weekend in the area which is burning and was quite relieved when I left. Too many damn liberals, People packed together. Traffic sucks.. Etc Etc.. Nothing for me to be jealous of..

I used to be a wildland FF for the USFS and LACFD. Low winds are helping the suppression effort. That's why it is not spreading. The chapparel fire ecology requires fire to maintain a healthy ecosystem. The decreased fuel load due to the fire will improve fire safety for the adjacent neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:25:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Look, way over there by the Hollywood sign.....its the fuck I don't give for that state!
View Quote

This is the general sentiment the flyovers have on GD. Why should I expect anything other than this stupidity?

I remember threads where members posted that a storm/tornado/act of God was about to ruin their home/town/whatever and members here gave a lot more support than I'm seeing in this thread now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:28:50 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Brush fire in Los Angeles' Hollywood Hills is 12-14 acres with perimeter established around fire, authorities say; fire not moving quickly, not expected to break perimeter

Read more on lafd.org                  

View Quote
Damn, someones yard is on fire.
I kid. There that would be a lot of yards.
But usually I read of a brush fire, forest fire and there at at least 3 digits.

It does seem odd to me because I have been to Hollywood and unless I am mistaken about where Hollywood Hills is.. that Urban/suburban.. How the fuck does that much of an Urban/suburban area burn????

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:46:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

+1

I remember people got pissy when a member made a joke about the major floods in WV raising the property values.

Other threads on CA disasters even got derpy comments about it being "god's will" but when the exact same comment was copied and pasted in a TX thread (with "CA" changed to "TX") the hissy fits came pouring out of our usually "rock ribbed texans". lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

You got a link to those two threads? I need a good laugh.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:04:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:36:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Can see it from work, not seen that area burn before.
View Quote

It has, but not for a while.  You can tell by the sparcity of larger brush and no trees.  Probably several small fires over the years.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He is pretty good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still like this guy on the news chopper who left his mic on.  I wish he had an Arfcom account.
He is pretty good.

Link?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

A notorious recently allowed back troll was banned for something similar.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Let it burn!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still like this guy on the news chopper who left his mic on.  I wish he had an Arfcom account.
He is pretty good.

Link?

It was the live feed.  The webpage kept the video and his audio up the whole time.  From time to time the studio would put him on for a live broadcast update and he'd get all serious for 20 seconds, and then go back to random commentary with the news chopper pilot about
- the NPSH of the water pumps on the fire suppression helo
- the peculiar construction of the longer orange hoses they dragged up the hill compared to the beige hoses normally used
- being able to land a UH-60 derivative on such a narrow pathway atop the dam
- some Cessna that kept buzzing some cemetery off in the distance
- and who knows what else, because the pilot's mic wasn't keyed into the audio feed

I could relate to this guy.  It's almost as if he was a real person, rather than some strawman construct who's sole purpose in life is to fuck with mine.  I feel that if I met him in person, I could like him, and he could like me, even though I just right-click-saved that Pooh-Piglet 'Burn this motherfucker down' graphic. It could be a bromance.  Despite the statistical likelihood of significant socio-political differences.

In the end, I think we all just want to get along, man.

Then again, what Piglet said also has merit.

So conflicted.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right click.  Save.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for the great pics but the fire in this thread has been out for a while. The pics you posted are from this fire across town: Sand Canyon Fire
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Cool pics realwar.

Does that red fire retardant ruin everything it lands on?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top