User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:16:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, get to buildin'.  Oh, wait.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:23:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought one. I've seen solutions become available for more complicated builds become available, so as long as these get out in decent quantities, I'm pretty confident we'll see the needed parts made. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that HK93 barrels can be modified to work. I was pleasantly surprised by the price as well, though I suppose this was at least in part due to the above mentioned parts situation. I am looking forward to this one. For me, this sort of thing is as much about the journey as the finished rifle.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it's neat for a collector/project gun, but I know my A2 clone works, is most likely a superior rifle than this would be, and it's still a safe queen because I grab other guns when I go shooting.  

Good luck to those of you taking on this project though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
From the sound of things, it looks like an HK93 barrel could be modified to work. So then all we really have to wait for is a receiver, and maybe a compliance part depending, and we'll be in business. But a workable barrel is a major step forward.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Got my kit in today.  It looks pretty good.  Here's hoping I can get it built soon!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:51:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got my kit in today.  It looks pretty good.  Here's hoping I can get it built soon!
View Quote

Pictures?....been watching most of the boards waiting to see who got theirs first and what to expect.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

What the Hell? Where is it on their website!?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#8]
NVM Found and bought!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Intrigued... why did they switch and surplus these out?
View Quote

IIRC they went to the G-36
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Pictures?....been watching most of the boards waiting to see who got theirs first and what to expect.
Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

I'll grab some after work tonight.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy crap, that wasn't supposed to arrive until Monday, but the package just got dropped off.

Clearly, the gun saw use over the years...and I can't wait until the reciever/barrel issues are sorted, so it can be a rifle again.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Pictures please!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Potatopics.

Bear in mind, the flash is really exaggerating everything.

So, buttstock and pistol grip/trigger group.

What I got of the receiver, along with the cocking tube with the handle and other cocking hardware inside of it.  Rear sight stuff is already removed and in the smaller parts bag.

Front sight assembly, fore end and handguard, what I presume is the recoil spring, and the bolt carrier group.

Various small parts.

Nope, not as pretty as the stock photo of a brand new CETME-L in the OP, but in pretty good shape for a gun that's likely seen decades of use.

I wanted a second one at some point anyway, now I really want another so I can keep one "stock", and put a suppressor mount on the other one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Shade, that looks better then I would have thought. Considering the time those were in service.

Fuck I don't need to spend money right now.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Potatopics.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/stuffs/IMG_20150109_102936_559_zpswedh1hxt.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/stuffs/IMG_20150109_102957_960_zpshlr94irb.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/stuffs/IMG_20150109_103050_424_zpsu2ghd569.jpg

What I got of the receiver, along with the cocking tube with the handle and other cocking hardware inside of it.  Rear sight stuff is already removed and in the smaller parts bag.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/stuffs/IMG_20150109_103139_112_zpspa9txnhh.jpg

Front sight assembly, fore end and handguard, what I presume is the recoil spring, and the bolt carrier group.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/stuffs/IMG_20150109_103348_163_zpsihofdpxb.jpg

Various small parts.

Nope, not as pretty as the stock photo of a brand new CETME-L in the OP, but in pretty good shape for a gun that's likely seen decades of use.

I wanted a second one at some point anyway, now I really want another so I can keep one "stock", and put a suppressor mount on the other one.
View Quote

Nothing a little spit shine can't fix.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 4:28:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Potatopics.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/stuffs/IMG_20150109_102936_559_zpswedh1hxt.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/stuffs/IMG_20150109_102957_960_zpshlr94irb.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/stuffs/IMG_20150109_103050_424_zpsu2ghd569.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/stuffs/IMG_20150109_103139_112_zpspa9txnhh.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/stuffs/IMG_20150109_103348_163_zpsihofdpxb.jpg

Various small parts.

View Quote

Looks a little dirty, but that looks like it is in really good shape.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Potatopics.

Various small parts.

I really hope we can figure out the receiver and barrel issue...and then I can figure out how to put it all together.  I have zero CETME/G3/similar experience.

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine came in today, only the buttstocks show abuse.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#19]
That'll do pig, that'll do...
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I would be interested in one of those.
View All Quotes

Me too
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Me too
View All Quotes

320 mm (12.6 in) (Model LC) Barrel means it would be an SBR.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The L is going to have to be lengthened to 16" or permanently affix the FH.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Double
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
From the sound of things, it looks like an HK93 barrel could be modified to work. So then all we really have to wait for is a receiver, and maybe a compliance part depending, and we'll be in business. But a workable barrel is a major step forward.
View Quote

I miss the days when they didn't destroy barrels coming in with kits.   One of the stupidest ATF rulings out there.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Could not resist. Order placed for a kit and some mags. I wish the receiver prints were available and someone could 3D print plastic dummy receivers until a semi design could be done.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Kit arrived today.  This is going to be vaporware or a money pit.  Either way, I'm in.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Kits pictured so far look MUCH better than the one I got last night. Mine has a name carved into the stock and the finish is missing on a lot of the metal, down to the steel.

Will be interested to see how this goes when barrels and receivers are available.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Of the parts you receive, how many are actually going to be able to be reused?

The rear sight looks like it's welded onto what's left of the receiver.  The charging handle channel looks like it was part of the original receiver, along with what's left of the magwell.  The trigger pack can't be reused since it's select fire and I'd assume the housing will probably require replacement or welding to make the ATF happy.

Wes
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The rear sight looks like it's welded onto what's left of the receiver.  The charging handle channel looks like it was part of the original receiver, along with what's left of the magwell.  The trigger pack can't be reused since it's select fire and I'd assume the housing will probably require replacement or welding to make the ATF happy.

Wes
View Quote

Indeed. More and more this project is looking less and less feasible.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#30]
My kit arrived today, overall the wear is not bad, most of the finish remains. Although, I did not receive a magazine in the kit. I may get one of the "very good condtion" kits they list now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My kit arrived today, overall the wear is not bad, most of the finish remains. Although, I did not receive a magazine in the kit. I may get one of the "very good condtion" kits they list now.
View Quote

Mags were not included in the kits. You had to order separately.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wes

This kit is going to have to be sent off and done professionally. I got my kit in just a few minutes ago and everything looks good, but I'd put it I the lower end of the "good" spectrum. Something melted a small section of my stock.

I won't touch this kit until I send it off to be completed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be on this like a bum on a bologna samitch!  I hope NDS makes the flat...

And just for the shit of it, I hope APEX goes after these.

The kit/gun in the OP, I'd buy a couple of, just because they look neat.  

If they can get the ameli, I'd do my damnedest to buy several.

If Ameli's were tendered/available thru an importer APEX would be doing its best to secure them all for our customers!

However, the Ameli is still a current issue front line Squad level MG, and so they won't be surplus yet.

The CETME L is only available because Spain is buying the HK G36.

Richard

I hope you guys stay on top of the Ameli angle.  I don't foresee it surviving service much longer...

Look at the soldier second from the left.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
This kit is going to have to be sent off and done professionally. I got my kit in just a few minutes ago and everything looks good, but I'd put it I the lower end of the "good" spectrum. Something melted a small section of my stock.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wes

Yeah, I'm afraid it probably will need to be sent out, much as I'd wished otherwise.  Time to save up the pennies for the work, once someone figures out the receivers and barrels.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If Ameli's were tendered/available thru an importer APEX would be doing its best to secure them all for our customers!

However, the Ameli is still a current issue front line Squad level MG, and so they won't be surplus yet.

Richard

I hope you guys stay on top of the Ameli angle.  I don't foresee it surviving service much longer...

http://cdn.trend.az/pictures/2014/09/19/spanish_soldiers_army_190914.jpg

I have so much want for the Ameli.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Richard

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.foro3d.com/attachments/175269d1353744305-cetme-l-cetme-ameli-556-2.jpg

Richard

Me too. I'd love one.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quick pic at work. A client came in while I was finger fucking the parts.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wes
View Quote

Sight can be cut off, it's just tig welded along the sides. When someone makes a reciever flat it will either be complete or a reweld around the trunnion.
Using the front half of the original.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Got my kit yesterday. Looks very good with minor wear. Also got some of the 30rd and 12rd mags. Of the three 12rd mags, two are packed in cosmoline and look new and one is used but in good shape.

Now for someone to come up with a build plan.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted: Now for someone to come up with a build plan.
View Quote

http://gunlab.net/sunday-answer-1-18-15/
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm thinking it might be a better idea to shape the magwell so it would have AR15 dimensions at the front vs the long SA80/416 style magwell.  That is is people want to actually use and shoot them vs having a collector reproduction.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm thinking it might be a better idea to shape the magwell so it would have AR15 dimensions at the front vs the long SA80/416 style magwell.  That is is people want to actually use and shoot them vs having a collector reproduction.
View Quote

From what I understand, these work just fine, in fact better with STANAG M16 mags. Or are you saying you want to be able to use PMAGs with yours?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:04:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

From what I understand, these work just fine, in fact better with STANAG M16 mags. Or are you saying you want to be able to use PMAGs with yours?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm saying that a modern firearm intended to be used with AR15/M16 magazines should probably accept all of the commonly encountered magazines that people are likely to either already own or purchase, and that would include Gen 1 and 2 PMags.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Legal in Maryland.

I want one just for the hell of it.
View Quote

Hell, just cuz we can actually have it......and give Frosh a stroke.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm saying that a modern firearm intended to be used with AR15/M16 magazines should probably accept all of the commonly encountered magazines that people are likely to either already own or purchase, and that would include Gen 1 and 2 PMags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a modern firearm...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:38:49 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Made hotness
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#48]
This is a photoshop rendering of what a CETME L receiver flat might look like some day.
The image is not to scale because I don't have measurements to work from. My photoshopping is self taught, this is the best I came up with.

This was compiled from numerous images and transformed into what you see.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

This is a photoshop rendering of what a CETME L receiver flat might look like some day.

The image is not to scale because I don't have measurements to work from. My photoshopping is self taught, this is the best I came up with.

http://i62.tinypic.com/5d770l.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:07:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

that doesn't look right, this was posted on another forum, the top and center sections are much smaller.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top