Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#1]
IT'S THE GUN FROM HEAT!!!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kinda looks like the gun Al Pacino used in Heat.  

Anyway, uses standard M16 mags so if the price is right and they work, I'd be interested.

View Quote

This.

Kinda reminds me of a Stoner 63, though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Any further updates?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Any further updates?
View Quote

Same here, hoping to see more progress.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a flat, going to machine a new FCG box for mine to use different hammer and trigger.
Submitting a form 1 in 2 weeks for my build, since it will be......short.
Currently working on a solid model for the LC buttstock so I can make one on the CNC.

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Got my flat on the way as well...
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#7]
OST

Need one like a hole in the head.  

So, I may buy two....  
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Any updates on a working gun?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not me, though.  I'm waiting until I can get a barrel and there's an approved configuration, but then I'll be grabbing a receiver flat and welding this thing together myself.  

It's gonna be sick fun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone just let me know when I can send this band saw fucked receiver and parts to someone and get a CETME back.

Not me, though.  I'm waiting until I can get a barrel and there's an approved configuration, but then I'll be grabbing a receiver flat and welding this thing together myself.  

It's gonna be sick fun.

Doesn't look similar to any HKs and isn't on MDs ban list!
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Ian McCollum at Forgotten Weapons had a blog post re. the Prexis flat that was, shall we say, less than glowing.
As is usual for FW, the write-up was pretty thoroughly documented. Nonetheless, it prompted quite a few comments, the sum of which seem to generate more heat than light.  
Review here:
CETME-L Prexis flat

Does anyone who actually has one of these flats (bent or un-bent) care to comment on the FW review?
I was on the cusp of buying one of these until I read / saw what Ian got.
Now I'm not so sure...
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ian McCollum at Forgotten Weapons had a blog post re. the Prexis flat that was, shall we say, less than glowing.
As is usual for FW, the write-up was pretty thoroughly documented. Nonetheless, it prompted quite a few comments, the sum of which seem to generate more heat than light.  
Review here:
CETME-L Prexis flat

Does anyone who actually has one of these flats (bent or un-bent) care to comment on the FW review?
Now I'm not so sure...
View Quote

I can comment that Prexis did some work on an RPD of mine that was out of spec and would have allowed the gun to fire in FA had I attempted to fire it before shipping it to Len Savage. I ended up having to pay Len extra to fix the mistake and then chase down Prexis for six months to get a refund.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I can comment that Prexis did some work on an RPD of mine that was out of spec and would have allowed the gun to fire in FA had I attempted to fire it before shipping it to Len Savage. I ended up having to pay Len extra to fix the mistake and then chase down Prexis for six months to get a refund.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Review here:
CETME-L Prexis flat

Now I'm not so sure...

Thanks, billth777
Nobody else, huh?
I think I'll hold off and shift the $$ into other, more quickly and readily-realized projects.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a Prexis CETME-L flat at home - I will take detailed pictures and post them tonight.

Any requests for specific pictures or things to include with the pictures? I have not looked at it in-depth - I got it in and threw it in the box with my kit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Gen 2 flats are due out soon.  Previous issues were acknowledged by the builder.

I'm hoping 53gunner offers builds, because I'll gladly send over a parts kit.  It's just gathering dust.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Gen 2 flats are due out soon.  Previous issues were acknowledged by the builder.

I'm hoping 53gunner offers builds, because I'll gladly send over a parts kit.  It's just gathering dust.  
View Quote

This.

The second someone will build my parts kit, I'm sending it to them as I simply do not have the time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a Prexis CETME-L flat at home - I will take detailed pictures and post them tonight.

Any requests for specific pictures or things to include with the pictures? I have not looked at it in-depth - I got it in and threw it in the box with my kit.
View Quote

If you look at the review I linked, he highlighted the problem areas on the flat he got, both descriptively, and with photos.
My concern (obviously) is whether that particular flat is representative or an outlier.
So, pix comparing those areas on your flat to the similar areas on the one FW reviewed would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

OK, the CETME Model L barrels are now listed on the APEX web site.
If you purchase one separately the price is $175...
If you purchase one with a Model L kit the price is $99..
If you already purchased the Model L kit (or kits) from APEX you will need to call Customer Service and the price of the barrel will be $99.
You can purchase one barrel for each kit you previously purchased from APEX.

Richard

http://www.apexgunparts.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/4/04aug15_cetl-bbl_mid01.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any updates?
Barrels are still at the manufacturer.
I am hearing that some CETME Model L semi-auto approvals are pending at the ATF Tech Branch.

Richard

OK, the CETME Model L barrels are now listed on the APEX web site.
If you purchase one separately the price is $175...
If you purchase one with a Model L kit the price is $99..
If you already purchased the Model L kit (or kits) from APEX you will need to call Customer Service and the price of the barrel will be $99.
You can purchase one barrel for each kit you previously purchased from APEX.

Richard

http://www.apexgunparts.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/4/04aug15_cetl-bbl_mid01.jpg

Thank you for the update.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Without Receivers and Barrels what is the point?

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 2:56:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

how about those pics?
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 2:57:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Without Receivers and Barrels what is the point?

http://www.lolroflmao.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/i-cant-see-shit.jpg
View Quote

Miss the couple posts above yours with the barrels?
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:11:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Since nobody wants to make an HK G41, I'll totally be interested if they offer built up guns.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We received a call last week from a company that was buying CETME Model L barrels.
They wanted pricing on several hundred Model L part sets.
Apparently they are planning to manufacture these into rifles for resale.

Richard

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since nobody wants to make an HK G41, I'll totally be interested if they offer built up guns.
We received a call last week from a company that was buying CETME Model L barrels.

Richard

guess I better get off my arse and grab a kit next week before they are all gone.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Richard

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Richard

The barrels look great, how are they manufactured? What steel? are they lined or coated?
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The barrels look great, how are they manufactured? What steel? are they lined or coated?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Richard

I'd bet that RCM or Green Mountain is the manufacturer. In either situation both are good to go.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#30]
How much would I be looking at to acquire all the parts for one of these, plus having it built?

Any chance I'd be able to convert it to the collapsible stock model at a later date if they become available?
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Richard

View Quote

View Quote

It says they are in the white GMRB barrels on the Apex page.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

THe gun that Al Pacino used in Heat?
View All Quotes

That LC is sexy ... but it wasn't used in Heat ... here's the list of guns that were in Heat

1 Pistols
1.1 Colt M1991A1 Series 80 Officers ACP
1.2 Heckler & Koch USP
1.3 SIG-Sauer P220
1.4 Star Megastar
1.5 Beretta 85
1.6 Beretta 92FS
1.7 Beretta 92SB-C
1.8 M1911A1
1.9 Ruger KP90
1.10 Glock 19
1.11 Taurus PT92AFS

2 Revolvers
2.1 Smith & Wesson Model 36
2.2 Smith & Wesson Model 38 "Bodyguard"

3 Submachine Guns & Machine Pistols
3.1 Heckler & Koch MP5A3
3.2 Steyr TMP

4 Shotguns
4.1 Benelli M3 Super 90
4.2 Mossberg 590
4.3 Mossberg 500
4.4 Ithaca 37 "Stakeout"
4.5 Remington 870

5 Rifles & Carbines
5.1 Colt Model 654
5.2 Colt Model 733
5.3 FN FNC-80
5.4 FN FAL 50.61
5.5 Heckler & Koch HK91A2
5.6 IMI Galil ARM (5.56mm)
5.7 M16A1 (with M16A2 handguards)
5.8 Norinco Type 56-1
5.9 Heckler & Koch SR9(T)
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Excellent............might have to get one of these if they build them.........

Quoted:

Richard

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Richard

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Richard

yeah I saw that.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Soooo, anything on receiver flats?

There's a couple of FFL/SOT guys I know that would love to make a couple of posties...
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's gonna be sick fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone just let me know when I can send this band saw fucked receiver and parts to someone and get a CETME back.

It's gonna be sick fun.

Build party?

Anyone else from MD buying kits?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Build party?

Anyone else from MD buying kits?
View Quote

Not from Maryland, but only 2-3 hours if someone put together a build party.

Haven't bought one yet, as I have never built a 'sheetmetal' gun.   AR's are easy, and I build Mauser rifles, but not AK's or similar.

Temptation............
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm going to call up Apex and grab a barrel.  $99 sounds good to me.

I'm in for a build party if anybody else wants to, although I'll admit that I have never done a sheet metal gun before either.

I do, however, have all the supplies and equipment for finishing, and I do a kick ass cerakote job, if I do say so myself.

If anyone has a welder and knows what's up with sheet metal guns, I'll happy to trade my knowledge and equipment for your knowledge and equipment.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm going to call up Apex and grab a barrel.  $99 sounds good to me.

I'm in for a build party if anybody else wants to, although I'll admit that I have never done a sheet metal gun before either.

I do, however, have all the supplies and equipment for finishing, and I do a kick ass cerakote job, if I do say so myself.

If anyone has a welder and knows what's up with sheet metal guns, I'll happy to trade my knowledge and equipment for your knowledge and equipment.
View Quote

The guys who sell the flat also sell a bending jig.
Its 125 or something.  I used to have a shitty arc welder that I got from a yard sale years ago. I moved a couple times, and don't remember where I stored it. I think its at my sisters house.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top