Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#1]
OST
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here you go.

53 minutes that will make you sweat just watching it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmIr33pekM0
View Quote

Ghost Rider is dead now.

(Every video or thread that mentions him someone has to post the he lost his life in that chase. It's tradition.)

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#3]

We didn’t catch em all, but we used to catch a lot.  Rural Appalachian agency, management was on board (doubt they still are) and we didn’t give a damn.  Neither did the tribal police and their K9.  Ya cain't outrun the radio, son.  Once they realized they were blocked in on some 2 lane country road, they’d double back, ditch their bikes and run.  Then the fun began.  City boys from Atlanta didn’t last long in the briars, nettles and swamp.

If a dash cam caught them glancing back at our overheads, charges were stacked up with felony eluding and we kept their bikes or auction.  Good times and I’m glad I lived thru em

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How do they work?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can get my 250 sumo going 90....downhill, with the wind at my back, with magnets pulling me toward the finish line.

How do they work?

Science is still trying to figure it out. I heard they were close, but then Covid hit and they needed to science that more.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The good citizen, grown up in me thinks those guys are dangerous and complete assholes. I've had to leave Atlanta on Sunday afternoons and those fuckers were doing stupid shit on the interstate, very uncool.

The rebel in me says FTP.

In the end, that is in no way cool. Man, the Chicago cop wasn't backing down one bit, I think he was hoping to hit one.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Those guys are a threat to EVERYONE within 100 yards of the road.

Fuck them and zero fucks given to anything that happens to them.

Ride like that on the track.  You ride like that on the street, you deserve whatever happens to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're OK with cops killing someone that poses little danger to someone other than themselves?

Those guys are a threat to EVERYONE within 100 yards of the road.

Fuck them and zero fucks given to anything that happens to them.

Ride like that on the track.  You ride like that on the street, you deserve whatever happens to you.

Very few wheelies at the track

Other than that I agree 100% with what you're saying, the ones that want to intentionally murder them are fucktarded and probably text and drive.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Start seeing motorcyclists.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sometimes the cops will chase them until they wreck and die... and then put it over as a pick up of a motorcycle accident.
Or at least, that’s what the kids down at the clubhouse said.
View Quote

Or if you’re from the 71 you get caught on video turning around and driving away without even calling an ambulance after the guy you chased across 3 precincts crashes and dies.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m not saying I’d celebrate if all of them were crushed by an 80,000# truck but if it happened I wouldn't  cry.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Will they?

I am sure his $200K income and 401K with life insurance will take care of them.

Hope he was an organ donor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A local guy just took a dirt nap after driving a motorcycle like a maniac yesterday.  

At least he didn't take anyone with him but his 4 kids will miss him I'm sure.
Will they?

I am sure his $200K income and 401K with life insurance will take care of them.

Hope he was an organ donor.

Naw, we don't make near that up here and 401k??  Ha ha , no.  Apparently wife inherited a little $$and booted him out.  I'm thinking this was a choice.  But they made sure to get a go fund me up quick
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Then every single time you ride, you're at risk of being pulled over. Just get a plate flipper and flip it when you want to do some felonious activities.

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That was really rural looking for Chicago PD to be involved. I can't figure out where the hell that would have been.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That was really rural looking for Chicago PD to be involved. I can't figure out where the hell that would have been.

Quoted:
I am not from that area.

But that also struck me as really odd.

They were by O'Hare Airport.

At 27 seconds  Mirage and Four Points signs on the left, highway sign on the right

At 41 seconds they are at this intersection at the O'hare Express Center.

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Needs more sand on the road.
View Quote

Or antifreeze.

Assholes like that are why I stopped riding - put a bad light on all bikers.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yup, I hope they all die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops should be completely free to just run those guys over.  Fuck anyone why rides like that.

You're OK with cops killing someone that poses little danger to someone other than themselves?

Yup, I hope they all die.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:56:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
With a rear sprocket the size of a large pizza the speedo will read high
View Quote

Speedo is usually driven off the front wheel.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:19:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Speedo is usually driven off the front wheel.
View Quote

My 1983 RZ-350 was like that.  We tossed the speedo cable as part of race-prepping a bike.

I thought newer bikes had electronic sensors which measured crank speed and gearbox position?
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:22:37 AM EDT
[#21]
They all deserve to be road pizza.......
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Here you go.

53 minutes that will make you sweat just watching it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmIr33pekM0
View Quote

FREEDOM
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Rider for over 40 years... I do love speed and that's why I no longer ride liter bikes.

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cops should be completely free to just run those guys over.  Fuck anyone why rides like that.
View Quote

In a large group of them just lock up the tires and break-check them all.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are actually dangerous to everyone on the road when they ride like fucksticks.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm thinking one day that guy's youtube channel will just stop being updated.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not sure I'm okay with it either, but 600+ lbs of bike and human coming through your windshield at triple digit speeds, is not "little danger".
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#28]
12ga with buckshot to the tires would be OK with me.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Sometimes these asshats get what they deserve, yeah I know it's mostly Russia.

Extreme Motorcycle Crash Compilation | Episode -1 | By Tracing 4u

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#30]
And yet the police let the urban yout's ride willy-nilly on dirtbikes through the streets of the shithole big cities and on the freeways and highways and don't do jack shit about it.
Best to let them go and either use their fucking RADIO and set up roadblocks to stop them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXlrQ0acLgk
View Quote

Thanks JT!  That was fascinating to me; there was a time I rode on the street too.  

Yes - Russia for some of those videos.  Also UK, and I think Italy.  

Many of the ones in the second half are relatively low-speed; several are just “low sides” where the back wheel slides out under  cornering.  The riders didn’t seem to do anything wrong at all as far as I could see in a few of the later clips.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And yet the police let the urban yout's ride willy-nilly on dirtbikes through the streets of the shithole big cities and on the freeways and highways and don't do jack shit about it.
Best to let them go and either use their fucking RADIO and set up roadblocks to stop them.
View Quote

Baltimore - I was in the city just last night and saw one of these idiots.  No plates, no lights. Flip-flops & a tee shirt (no helmet of course); wheelies through a red light (and no police chase).

The New York Times explains the problem in this video (which just happens to be about Baltimore, but other cities are also infested):

Riding With the 12 O'Clock Boys: Dirt Biking in Baltimore | Op-Docs
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have never understood officers' attempts to pull over reckless cyclists when the conditions aren't totally in the officers' favor. 99% of the time they'll run and you'll never catch them on the road.
View Quote

"Dispatch, motorcycle is fleeing eastbound at a high rate of speed.  Show me 10-8 aaaannndd......   traveling westbound."  
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Been riding most of my life.  No sympathy when assholes like that bite the big one.
View Quote
This. Assholes gotta asshole.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#36]
It is what it is; the natural order of the universe. Can't have the good without the bad.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Little danger is what I wrote, not no danger. A 400# motorcycle hitting a 3000+# vehicle isn't very likely to hurt the occupants of the auto, car would be fucked good and properly though. There's cases where is has absolutely happened but the riders are the ones getting all the Darwin awards.
View Quote

Bullshit, I would agree with you if this was on an empty highway but they are in traffic.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

They pose a shitload of danger to others all the time.

Ever seen a pedestrian who had their leg chopped off by a crotch rocket?  (OK admittedly- the ped was at the hospital, but they left his leg at the scene).  MC rider (suspect) was even a guy I had tracked down and arrested 6 months prior for reckless driving and eluding...  who woulda thought.  MC rider was just fucking around hauling ass when guy tried to cross the street.  Boom- leg amputated by the bike.  

Or how about a MC rider stuffed into the side window of a minivan?  That will kill more than just the rider if a passenger is sitting there.  Seen it before.  Nearly experienced that myself as well with my family in our small SUV with some dipshit who was going over twice the speed limit in a curve where we were pulling out from a stop sign.  Easily could have caused a couple deaths or serious injuries to my wife and kids.  I could care less about that rider (but he lived after laying it down and missing by maybe 2”)

Or all the other idiots...  what about the one that I was chasing once on the freeway, he was in the fast lane, I was in the slow lane, when he cut in front of me and came to a near complete stop (I don’t think he looked first).  I laid a skid and jumped a concrete curb to avoid running him down, missed by a few inches.  I got lucky there wasn’t anything more substantial to hit.  No idea what he was thinking.  He got away after going backwards down an off ramp, but only my swift reaction saved his life, and only be where I was was I not injured by taking evasive action.

Or how all the people who had to deal with being in a fatal crash, because some moron was being outrageously reckless on a MC?  Even if they aren’t injured themselves, they have some dead guy splattered on their car.  

Or my wife explaining that my kid saw a MC doing a wheelie pass them going above freeway speeds...only to see that further down the road dead?  No harm there right?

These morons are a scourge on society.  Quit downplaying the problems they leave in their wake.  

Let me tell you, if you ever see one about to come thru your wife’s or kid‘s side window, you won’t think they aren’t a danger to others.  Having had that happen, plus scraping up all the bodies over the years, I can’t think of a more ignorant position for someone to take.

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 3:12:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I hate people who ride or drive like assholes, but cars turned in front of a lot of those bikers.

Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXlrQ0acLgk
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Little danger is what I wrote, not no danger. A 400# motorcycle hitting a 3000+# vehicle isn't very likely to hurt the occupants of the auto, car would be fucked good and properly though. There's cases where is has absolutely happened but the riders are the ones getting all the Darwin awards.
View Quote

Well shit, if a 400 lb MC, plus say 150-200 lb rider, going say 70MPH isn’t a danger to a car occupant, then why is a mere 147 gr bullet going 1000 FPS even an issue?  

(Good thing it doesn’t say PHYSICSGUY148....  that would be even more concerning.)  

And the MC riders are NOT always the only ones getting hurt or killed.  (They usually are killed though.)

Way to be ignorant.

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Been riding most of my life.  No sympathy when assholes like that bite the big one.
View Quote

yup.. id be ok with using a pit maneuver on a reckless bike
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#42]
I'd be perfectly fine with a cop knocking them over.  They are resisting arrest and as we know, that's hazardous for your health.  

They are absolutely a danger to innocents and need to be knocked off their bikes if they won't stop.  Why would anyone not be ok with that?
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pulling that shit in traffic is of little danger? Causing a wreck is danger.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 3:33:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, I'm guessing a 180-200 lbs man flying helmet first into my windshield at 100+ mph would buff right out.  

Get out of here that.  Why defend these types?  They're assholes and should be stopped.  The end result to them is of no consequence.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Squids
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
A local guy just took a dirt nap after driving a motorcycle like a maniac yesterday.  

At least he didn't take anyone with him but his 4 kids will miss him I'm sure.
View Quote

Good. Hope it hurt. Fuck that asshole.

Video needed more riders slamming into a semi or something.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Squids.  

I’ll stop if if im acting a fool and the police are great if you respect them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have never understood officers' attempts to pull over reckless cyclists when the conditions aren't totally in the officers' favor. 99% of the time they'll run and you'll never catch them on the road.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The motorcyclists are assholes, but if someone deliberately tried to sideswipe me while I was riding, I'd defend myself with an equivalent use of force.

Someone needs to take the CPD officer's badge.  Using deadly force to effect a traffic stop?  Fucking moron.
View Quote

Plus one

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#50]
I did some stupid shit in my teens & twenties, but that’s some really stupid shit.
Wow.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top