BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/2/2020 4:10:46 PM EDT
Prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
OPNI. Walk into Lowe’s and theyre blasting Sara bareilles musak with fixer upper wannabes  browsing. Walk into Home Depot and see all the contractors hauling ass to get what they need and get out.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
CSB

edit- I usually go to the one that's closest. Home Depot has better power tool brands though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Lowe's is better at helping Karen mix 30 different shades of fuchsia for her bathroom remod.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought that was just understood and didn’t need to be said out loud.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Normally I'd agree with you, but with all this wuflu crap, I've given up on HD.  They don't give a crap about contractors, while Lowes is going out of the way to help people that need supplies to make a living.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Real men go to their local mom and pop building supply store.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Kobalt tools are better than Husky.

I win.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Is this why you like it more>>

HOME DEPOT NAMED BEST PLACE TO WORK FOR LGBT EQUALITY
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know. I always considered Home Depot to be the Wal Mart of home improvement stores.  Lowes has all the same shit but with less felons and illegals  shopping
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Lowe’s stocks Spectricide.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#11]
They both suck.

Lowes used to be better because they stocked OEM parts to fix your power tools.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Gatekeeping hardware stores??

What kind of limp dick fuckery is this
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Meh, fuck them both. I will continue to shop at the same local hardware store that my Great-Grandfather shopped at.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  I go to my local lumber supply.  Est. 1962.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Caring for where other people shop is for women, not giving a shit what you do is for men.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Our local Home Depot feels like a dungeon. Menards is my go-to.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Op likes weiner parties.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OPNI. Walk into Lowe’s and theyre blasting Sara bareilles musak with fixer upper wannabes  browsing. Walk into Home Depot and see all the contractors hauling ass to get what they need and get out.
View Quote

Contractors get shit delivered to the job site. HD is for handymen and DIY.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I'm a handyman, because I am constantly sending my employees to the box stores to grab the same stuff as supply houses...and often it's cheaper (bulk wire for example).  But go on with your bad self.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Prove me wrong.
View Quote
I cannot.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Used to go to Home Depot more. Then they started limiting the customers allowed in the store with covid and you had to wait outside. So I went to Lowe’s where there was no wait.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Menards is my go to, despite their mask bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#23]
My local HD has lumber that is always green specked and warped.  Lowes has much flatter wood and nicer displays.  Local lumber yards around me closed during this shit so left me w fewer options.

Local mom and pop stores sometimes suck for selection, particularly for things like drill bits, saw blades, clamps, ect.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Not many left, but I’ve gotten way better advice and help at my local Tru-Valu store. Usually,  I will pay a little more for good service. Anyone awake? HD, Lowe’s, Best Buy etc. they’re the reason I go in and look at the product and go home and order from Amazon.
When I go into BB with a GPS that is dead after less than three weeks and they tell
me to deal with the manufacturer, I take offense to that and choose to shop elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I guess I'm a handyman, because I am constantly sending my employees to the box stores to grab the same stuff as supply houses...and often it's cheaper (bulk wire for example).  But go on with your bad self.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was going to add "and quick fill ins for the shit contractors forgot", but I didn't think I needed to get that into the weeds. Apparently I did to keep your panties untwisted.

I am an Electrical Engineering Director. I send my folks to the electronics hobby shop weekly for small crap we don't have on hand. That doesn't mean the electronics hobby shop isn't still a hobby shop.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Being into real estate and managing and maintaining all of own properties, we use both stores for general maintenance items. Home Depot is better in most regards. Lowes wins on mid grade fixtures and that's about all I can really think of. They both have come after a bigger chunk of our business, the Lowes guys were better salesman but couldn't offer as much that suited our needs. Neither are for big complexes or contractors.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Prove me wrong.
View Quote

You are correct.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#28]
LOFL, the OP was touched inappropriately at Lowe’s while looking at bathroom fixtures. Did the bad man finish?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I’ve seen some amazing women in Lowe’s.

Home Depot, not so much.

OP might be on to something.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Kobalt tools are better than Husky.

I win.
View Quote

Truth.

I shop at both and at local hardware/building/equipment stores.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#31]
OP is right!
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I’ve seen some amazing women in Lowe’s.

Home Depot, not so much.

OP might be on to something.
View Quote

That’s not a woman, Bro.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Both are staffed with either 1) teenagers who know nothing about the department they were assigned to that day or 2) Octogenarians who would rather tell you why what you're doing is the wrong way to do it because that's not the way they did it in the days of gas lamps and horse drawn carriages.

Lowe's is closer so I go to Lowe's.

I couldn't give a flying fuck about the music they're playing, a bag of cement is a bag of cement.

Edit: Also, Home Depot's radio commercials are the most annoying shit on the air waves. Know the last time I heard an annoying Lowe's commercial? Me either.

Edit 2: The Lowe's near me doesn't have a sea of illegals to wade through in the parking lot, the Home Depot does.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Depends on what I need...but I usually go to Menards first.  Then Lowe's, then HD.

Menards is closest and we have a Menards Card.

Lowes and HD are about 400 yards away from each other, but HD is accross a major street, AND you get a 5% discount with a Lowe's card....so HD is usually last for me.   But I'll go to any of them if they have the cheapest price on what I want (like a certain type of mulch).
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#35]
That veteran discount tho...
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

The one they both offer, you mean?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Normally I'd agree with you, but with all this wuflu crap, I've given up on HD.  They don't give a crap about contractors, while Lowes is going out of the way to help people that need supplies to make a living.
View Quote

Yep. Shopped at Lowe's a ton while I was at home because I didn't want to stand in a fucking line in the rain to get into home depot
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Similar pricing/products and I get a better discount at Lowes
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#39]
In my local three areas, Lowes has far superior customer service and better product quality.  Lowes tends more towards residential, I can find more commercial product variance at HD.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#40]
My Lowe’s is substantially better than my Home Depot for lumber. Basically that means 20% of the pieces are useable instead of 10%.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HD is only on certain holidays at my local store.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#42]
I couldn't even tell you where the nearest Lowes is. 2 Home Depots and 3 Menards within 20 miles though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Lowe's seems to have a better tool section though. But otherwise I prefer to go to Home Depot.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would go to mine, but their too damn high!

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#45]
I prefer Home Depot, but sometimes Lowe’s has what I need.  And in my area, Lowe’s is just as filled with contractors.  Six of one, half dozen of the other.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Both have staff that scatter like cockroaches if it even slightly appears that you need help or have a question.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't know. I always considered Home Depot to be the Wal Mart of home improvement stores.  Lowes has all the same shit but with less felons and illegals  shopping
View Quote

Lowes does not have the Ego 56V string trimmer.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Lowe's has better lumber.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#49]
OPNI. And Ace Hardware is for retired boomers who have all day to do whatever.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Prove me wrong.
View Quote
No sense arguing with a wall.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top