Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Home Depot has a BLM statement on their page. Lowe’s has a veterans appreciation post.

/thread

Also, Lowe’s DGAF about social distancing and masks
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Lowes first.  HD only if Lowes doesn't have what I am looking for.   (They are across the street from one another).
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Home Depot is a cluster fuck.....
Also Lowes is easier to get to for me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Home Depot is like Walmart

Lowes is like Target

Menards is where the real DIY guys shop.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer ace hardware but for this discussion Tony Stewart kicks Jimmy Johnson’s ass lol.  Nascar fans will know what I’m saying .
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CSB

edit- I usually go to the one that's closest. Home Depot has better power tool brands though.
View Quote

That’s why I prefer Ace. (Closer)

Although I’ve long learned to never ask where an item is at Lowe’s. The last time I did that, I got sent on 2 wild goose chases.  I just use the website now.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A guy in the tool department was wrong, therefore women shop at the store where the guy was wrong.

Holy fuck what a bunch of girls. No wonder antifa runs wild in the streets. College kids confused on whether their buttholes are vaginas or their penises are feminine are burning our cities down, and we're talking about the manliness of home depot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those that don't agree with my factual statement, think about this: HD sells individual sockets and bits; Lowe's sells them in sets. That's just one of many examples.

Lowes does too.  They're bagged and in pull out drawers in the tool dept.

I was at Home Depot and asked the tool guy (an older white guy, probably early 60s) if they had those drill bits for making large holes. He insisted no such thing existed.

I found a set on the Lowe's website and they were delivered to my front door three days later.

A guy in the tool department was wrong, therefore women shop at the store where the guy was wrong.

Holy fuck what a bunch of girls. No wonder antifa runs wild in the streets. College kids confused on whether their buttholes are vaginas or their penises are feminine are burning our cities down, and we're talking about the manliness of home depot.

You got all that, from my anecdote? That's pretty impressive deduction.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those that don't agree with my factual statement, think about this: HD sells individual sockets and bits; Lowe's sells them in sets. That's just one of many examples.

I was at Home Depot and asked the tool guy (an older white guy, probably early 60s) if they had those drill bits for making large holes. He insisted no such thing existed.

I found a set on the Lowe's website and they were delivered to my front door three days later.

Your randomly inserted comma is spectacular.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Closest home depot is an hour away.  I'll go to Ace Hardware where they know what you are looking for without looking in a computer.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#10]
ACE is for men. Lowes and Home Depot are for the soy.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Prove me wrong.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't have a HD local so Lowes it is.

Though the Menards about 20min away is pretty legit. Larger with a much better selection. I go there for any projects and stick with Lowes for anything small and trivial (nails, screws, etc) that I need
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#13]
...and interior decorators.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see your mastery of English writing is on par with your mastery of logic.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Prove me wrong.
View Quote

Cannot be done...
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#16]
P&S sucks. Leviton FTW...
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Both suck.  Use your local stores.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:31:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Funny, home depot made me wait in a line to follow strict social distancing pussy ass bullshit and lowes has yet to do such.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Gatekeeping hardware stores??

What kind of limp dick fuckery is this
View Quote

I learned a new term today.  I like it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Worked at HD for 5 years. You are correct. Home Depot is designed towards male and contractor shoppers. Lowe's is designed for women shoppers..lower shelf heights, more neutral colors (white instead of orange racking), etc.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Um... Lowes sells individual sockets.

Sometimes shit gets lost/forgotten.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Home Depot = Walmart

Lowes = Target
View Quote

Wrong...

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That's because Lowes is placed near Karen's neighborhoods. While Home Depot isnt.
View Quote
Find one and look across the street to find the other.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Our Lowe's lumber/construction department is maybe 1/4 the size of Home Depot's. They have a nice tool selection and carry some small hardware that HD doesn't. Other than that I avoid going in there.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top