Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The fact that the gang wants to get "revenge" on their family makes me ill. I hope every single one of those dirtbags die a painful death.

I thought the same thing about this gay ass 'revenge'.

I wish this guy lived close to me. I'd be more than happy to hang out on his couch with my Saiga 12.

Their gang buddies took the risk of being shot when they did the home invasion. What did they expect? Wasn't personal. She didn't go out looking to shoot some idiot member of their gang. Just a clear example of how these idiot lowlifes aren't men, because they can't accept consequences.

Can't live your life though eyes open 24/7. Police can't be personal security guards.

Sounds like the neighborhood has gone to hell anyways. Probably a good time to move. The only other alternative would be do to suggest action our COC here forbids.

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
The fact that the gang wants to get "revenge" on their family makes me ill. I hope every single one of those dirtbags die a painful death.

I wish this guy lived close to me. I'd be more than happy to hang out on his couch with my Saiga 12.

Their gang buddies took the risk of being shot when they did the home invasion. What did they expect? Wasn't personal. She didn't go out looking to shoot some idiot member of their gang. Just a clear example of how these idiot lowlifes aren't men, because they can't accept consequences.

Can't live your life though eyes open 24/7. Police can't be personal security guards.

Sounds like the neighborhood has gone to hell anyways. Probably a good time to move. The only other alternative would be do to suggest action our COC here forbids.

I'm sure it's crossed all of our minds.

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi everyone, I have been a member here for awhile but have never posted as I have been too busy reading.  I am the ibwaldo on XDtalk.com site.  I can clarify a few things for you.  The Midwest City police were awesome that day!  After our house was surrounded by the "extended family" of the intruders we had police protection for over 10 hours while we filled the Uhaul and then they follow us to the storage unit and stayed there until the truck was empty.  The two undercover units then followed us to our bug out location to make she we were not being followed.  The DA and the lead investigator were the one that told us to get out and not to return.  I will try to keep an eye open to any questions that you have here but will mostly keep the XDtalk.com site updated if you choose to fallow this.  My whole reason to post this in a public forum is so others can learn what responsible gun ownership means and how you can prepare for a situation like this.  I thought we were repaired but now I know I was wrong.  I proud of how we have handled this but we have made mistakes.  I still say we are lucky because we are still all together and the support we have received has been almost overwhelming!  Thanks for reading.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I only have one question.

Do you need any help?

Serious question.

Stay safe and take care of your family.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hi everyone, I have been a member here for awhile but have never posted as I have been too busy reading. I am the ibwaldo on XDtalk.com site. I can clarify a few things for you. The Midwest City police were awesome that day! After our house was surrounded by the "extended family" of the intruders we had police protection for over 10 hours while we filled the Uhaul and then they follow us to the storage unit and stayed there until the truck was empty. The two undercover units then followed us to our bug out location to make she we were not being followed. The DA and the lead investigator were the one that told us to get out and not to return. I will try to keep an eye open to any questions that you have here but will mostly keep the XDtalk.com site updated if you choose to fallow this. My whole reason to post this in a public forum is so others can learn what responsible gun ownership means and how you can prepare for a situation like this. I thought we were repaired but now I know I was wrong. I proud of how we have handled this but we have made mistakes. I still say we are lucky because we are still all together and the support we have received has been almost overwhelming! Thanks for reading.

Hang in there brother. Hold your family tight and remember as long as you've got each other there is nothing you can't come through.

We're all praying for you and yours. God bless you.

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Wild story
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I personally feel... that if you wear gang tats... that should be enough to have your ass executed... ON THE FUCKING SPOT.

We need more anti-gang enforcement. No more appeasement of gangs... we should continue to reach out to those poor souls in gangs.... WITH LEAD

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#8]
My family is doing fine right now thanks for asking.  I will feel beter when we get out from under the house that we no longer live in but I'm sure that will work out at some point.  I am trying to move out of state right now and have a verbal job offer for position that would pay our moving expences and give us fare market value for our house!  I really hope this comes through for us.  I should know either way within a week, so here's hoping!
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted: ~snip~

Welcome to arfcom brother!  My living situation is near identical to yours, so your story hits home for me.  Like others have said, let us know if you need help!

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem is, you don't think like a gangbanger.  I've come very close to shooting gangbangers twice.  The first time, which I will not talk about beyond what I say here out of self interest, was started by them for no goddamn reason whatsoever.  Not even something as trivial as cutting them off in traffic.  The situation was taken care of and nobody got hurt.  The 2nd time was because I wouldn't give the guy money. People who live that life do not think like you do, do not act like you do and do not react like you do.  They might as well come from the moon as far as you are concerned, and vise versa.  Their gangbanger buddies expect "respect."  Problem is, they have one fucked up definition of respect.  They equate sucking their dicks because their dicks exist with respect.  Their friends, families, and homies can do no wrong, but another family has done wrong by acting the exact fucking same way that they do.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

My family is doing fine right now thanks for asking.  I will feel beter when we get out from under the house that we no longer live in but I'm sure that will work out at some point.  I am trying to move out of state right now and have a verbal job offer for position that would pay our moving expences and give us fare market value for our house!  I really hope this comes through for us.  I should know either way within a week, so here's hoping!

Welcome brother!

I really hope things work out for you.

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

wow, sounds like a great opportunity.
your family and that job offer will be in our prayers here tonight
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Problem is, you don't think like a gangbanger.  I've come very close to shooting gangbangers twice.  The first time, which I will not talk about beyond what I say here out of self interest, was started by them for no goddamn reason whatsoever.  Not even something as trivial as cutting them off in traffic.  The situation was taken care of and nobody got hurt.  The 2nd time was because I wouldn't give the guy money. People who live that life do not think like you do, do not act like you do and do not react like you do.  They might as well come from the moon as far as you are concerned, and vise versa.  The gangbanger buddies expect "respect."  Problem is, they have one fucked up definition of respect.  They equate sucking their dicks because their dicks exist with respect.  Their friends, families, and homies can do no wrong, but another family has done wrong by acting the exact fucking same way that they do.

Sometimes... I wish we just had a strong powerful police force, with head to toe body armor, with a list of known gang bangers, who would just go into these neighborhoods and LITERALLY CLEAN HOUSE.

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hi everyone, I have been a member here for awhile but have never posted as I have been too busy reading.  I am the ibwaldo on XDtalk.com site.  I can clarify a few things for you.  The Midwest City police were awesome that day!  After our house was surrounded by the "extended family" of the intruders we had police protection for over 10 hours while we filled the Uhaul and then they follow us to the storage unit and stayed there until the truck was empty.  The two undercover units then followed us to our bug out location to make she we were not being followed.  The DA and the lead investigator were the one that told us to get out and not to return.  I will try to keep an eye open to any questions that you have here but will mostly keep the XDtalk.com site updated if you choose to fallow this.  My whole reason to post this in a public forum is so others can learn what responsible gun ownership means and how you can prepare for a situation like this.  I thought we were repaired but now I know I was wrong.  I proud of how we have handled this but we have made mistakes. I still say we are lucky because we are still all together and the support we have received has been almost overwhelming!  Thanks for reading.

Very lucky. God bless moving on
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I have looked at my perimeter cameras 3 times since opening this. Glad everyone is ok. Gang asshat activity is on the rise, stay ready.

Edit for sp.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Do you need any help?

Serious question.

same

I am broke as shit but I would toss a few bucks via paypal

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It sucks that this had to happen to you just because your wife wanted herself and your kids to survive.  The home invasion had to be traumatic enough, now this?  To hell with those guys.  They can DIAF as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Do you currently have a firearm?  I have a Glock 22 with 3 mags I'll ship to a local FFL tomorrow if you need it.  It's not pretty, but it goes bang every time.  I'd just ask you send it back when you're able to afford a new handgun.

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:00:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem is, you don't think like a gangbanger.  I've come very close to shooting gangbangers twice.  The first time, which I will not talk about beyond what I say here out of self interest, was started by them for no goddamn reason whatsoever.  Not even something as trivial as cutting them off in traffic.  The situation was taken care of and nobody got hurt.  The 2nd time was because I wouldn't give the guy money. People who live that life do not think like you do, do not act like you do and do not react like you do.  They might as well come from the moon as far as you are concerned, and vise versa.  The gangbanger buddies expect "respect."  Problem is, they have one fucked up definition of respect.  They equate sucking their dicks because their dicks exist with respect.  Their friends, families, and homies can do no wrong, but another family has done wrong by acting the exact fucking same way that they do.

Sometimes... I wish we just had a strong powerful police force, with head to toe body armor, with a list of known gang bangers, who would just go into these neighborhoods and LITERALLY CLEAN HOUSE.  

I think that a heavily armed populace with some checks that really do allow self defense without legal buggery would take care of the problem too.  An armed society is a polite society, at least as far as criminal matters are concerned.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you currently have a firearm?  I have a Glock 22 with 3 mags I'll ship to a local FFL tomorrow if you need it.  It's not pretty, but it goes bang every time.  I'd just ask you send it back when you're able to afford a new handgun.

I can probably scrounge up a long gun if needed, too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#22]
I swear I just wish Gang bangers would just be rounded up, and shoved in a big fucking furnace.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#23]
wow crazy story glad you guys got out of there and hope your life can go back to normal soon. Staying would have been a stupid idea like the jewelry store who shot and killed like 5 gang banger who kept coming back for revenge they wouldnt give or leave you alone he finally gave in and moved.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Thats why I like living in the sticks.

There are even rumors of ghost and monsters that roam the woods where I live.

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Go watch some Death Wish movies. You'll feel better.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Do you need any help?

Serious question.

Waldo, DO YOU HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT?
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:19:58 PM EDT
[#27]
OKC has turned into a rough place, lots of gangs and drugs.  Its the crossroads for I-40 and I-35.  The flow of drugs through OKC is supposed to be huge based on intel and seizures.  The area they live in is not the best but maybe all they could afford.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I honestly don't understand moving out of the house because of death threats.

Well the gang bangers are animals and want to kill the family for killing one and shooting the other gang member. Probably they would burn the house down in the middle of the night with the family in it if they were there. So, what don't you understand?

I guess my threat assessment of a random death threat is different than theirs.

And Swingset had a good idea too, that it's not exactly because of a death threat, but more of a trauma thing.  Which is completely understandable.

His house had already been encircled once by associates of the guys his wife shot, and local law enforcement assessed there was a 100% chance of retaliation. Not exactly a "random threat."

You have two choices:

1)  Refuse to back down, and not let low lifes scare you out of your home.
2)  Move out of your home, fall into financial ruin, and vent about it on the internet.

Every man has to do what they think is right.  I know what I'd do.

It's not what you'd do.
It's what you'd make your wife do.

If you're a thug and you know the husband works while the mom stays home with the kids, are you going to attack when they're both there or when there's only one person that can possibly fight back?  And are you going to start with threats or are you just going to come in shooting?

By staying, you're telling your wife that she has to be vigilant every second you're not around.  She has to be in constant fear of her life and the lives of her children.  She has to remain armed 24/7 with as much firepower as you both can afford.  She must man a post - while still trying to be a mom, a wife and somehow remain sane.

Even soldiers in a war zone have a buddy, a fire team and a platoon.  They know they've got people watching their backs all the time.  And a radio to bring in more friends quicker than a 15-minute trip from the PD.  And they get a break occasionally.  

She's got two kids who don't even understand the concept of violence and death.

It doesn't matter how good my wife is with a rifle.  I can't ask her to do that.

Thank you sir...

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:26:49 PM EDT
[#29]
ibwaldo -

You did 100% right thing by GTFO. Period.

Please consider setting up a paypal account. I know it may seem uncomfortable, or maybe even wrong to you, but people here WANT to help. I know I am not the only one who would go out of my way to help your family. I have been on the receiving end of charity from others before, and I know personally, it is very humbling... PLEASE allow some of us to give back to a family that DESERVES it. If nothing else, use the donations to secure defense for your family, or at least some toys for the little ones to keep their minds off things. You are one of us. You would come to our aid and defense just as quickly as we are coming to yours...

Let us know how things turn out.

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thats the important part.

Dont know what to say other then good luck and god bless you and your family.

Zar
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

You know, I have to wonder what the response would be if this guy would have been an ARFcom regular?

I have a feeling he would have had several "new" guns within a few hours and other guys pulling guard duty at his home.  

I heart ARFcom.

<meta charset="utf-8"></meta>If he lived near me, you're damn right I'd be there.

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Do you need any help?

Serious question.

Indeed.  Most of us have more guns than we need, and/or we could send you a few bucks.

Get a paypal account.

ETA: and if you're going to get serious about home security, and decide to do surveillance cameras, IM me with any questions.  We have a VERY long thread chock-full of info on that very topic.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#33]
This thread reminds me... I need more guns...

So I can loan them out when needed!
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#34]
good to hear that things are looking up.

be sure to log out and back in for your new arfcom membership.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can probably scrounge up a long gun if needed, too.

If it ends up being in 7.62x39 I've got about 150rds to go with it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Here's to hoping nothing ever happens, again.

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Niether do I.

Edit-

Nevermind, I just read the whole deal.

Glad things are looking up.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Please set up a paypal account, I wouldnt mind sparing some funds to help a brother out
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Niether do I.

I wouldn't move out of mine either, but only because I'd be hard-pressed to find a more defensible habitation.  All portals of entry are hardened, and there's no approach to my house that I cannot see via my CCTV system... day or night... and I'm used to staying up at night.

What I most certainly WOULD do is send my family away.  No way I'd ask them to dodge incoming fire.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#41]

I love this site!

IM with paypal address.

Done!

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#42]
nevermind.

My best wishes to the family at the center of this, and my worst wishes to the family of scum who are causing them and that neighborhood so much grief. May they burn repeatedly.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#43]
tag, waiting for a place to send this guy some help.

stay safe brother.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#44]
XDtalk has a PayPal fund set up to help out.
IBWaldo XDTalk Paypal Link
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Surely it's come up here?

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/161995-i-need-vent.html

Quite a read.

ETA: Excerpt.

We are all ok thanks to my wife. There is no way to prepare for a phone call from your wife while you are at work that go exactly like this:

Me: Hi sweetie!
Wife: I need you home now, I just shot two invaders!
Me: On the way now! (end of call)

Here are a couple of links to the story...

The police chief needs to learn to STFU and not give the victim's address on television interviews.

But I am glad that he made no bones about the race of the suspects.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would hazard a guess it was done out of concern for the emotions of his wife and children, not for practical reasons.

The perps were probably members of the local two bit gang, so retaliation is a likelyhood.

I'd move too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#47]
If you need anything just ask.

A few bucks headed your way.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 12:14:50 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm in Norman, not far from you.  If you need to borrow a handgun, I've got a Glock 22 and 23.  I can part with one as a loaner.   Hell I'd even offer you a place to crash, but I don't have the room.  But if there's anything else I can do to help, I'll be all over it.  I remember seeing this in the news.  Midwest City, wasn't it?  Crazy to see a more personal account of it.  Sorry you've been forced to fall on hard times.

Garand555 knows me and can probably vouch for me.  (He doesn't know he knows me yet, as in I haven't told him my name on here)

Quoted:
What I most certainly WOULD do is send my family away.  No way I'd ask them to dodge incoming fire.

Fool.  I'd never send my family to a place where I wasn't there to protect them after something like this.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 1:00:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Sorry to hear about all of this Bro.

I know you have to keep OPSEC, but if the "out of state" job involves the Dallas / Fort Worth, TX area... send me a PM.

We have lots of good folks down here that can help.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 1:57:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Make sure to post up a link here if you establish a paypal account!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top