Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/15/2022 9:19:39 AM EDT
These sexy "sparkies" are electrifying the internet.

TikTok is fawning over female electricians who are lighting up the app with their good looks and girl power   confidently carving out their own space in the male-dominated industry.

TikTok user @isabellmcguire0, who hails from the UK, has become a megawatt star after sharing a video of herself dancing to Akon's raunchy rap track "Smack That" at a work site earlier this week.

In the clip, the self-described "sparky" (a British slang term for electrician) was seen stripping off her dusty hoodie while wiring a house. She subsequently showed off her body in a crop top and cargo pants as she writhed to the rap.

"Suddenly my lights aren't working," one person quipped beneath the viral video, which racked up a whopping 10.7 million views.

"I think my plug socket needs changing," another male admirer cooed.

But sparks were also flying with female viewers, many of whom praised McGuire for proudly flaunting the fact she was in a traditionally male line of work.

"You slay girl," one woman wrote, before a second chimed in: "I have a similar job to yours and sometimes I feel soo insecure  but when I see girls on TikTok with worker clothes I feel so happy. You look so hot."

On Thursday, McGuire uploaded a second viral video from the work site, which clocked up more than 1.8 million views and showed her clad in construction boots and an eye-popping pink crop top.

mOAR
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#1]
1, 2
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1, 2
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Electrifying THOTs
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#5]
One job op.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

I'm ok with this.  Anything that shines a positive light on Trades.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#7]
They can ground me anytime.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Painters radio.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Obligatory electric pun, OHM MY!

Zero percent chance these girls don't hop from company to company collecting sexual harassment claims and ruining male workers careers.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I sure haven't seen any women looking like that on any of the job sites around here. Most look like former soft ball players that bat for the other team.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Zero percent chance these girls don't hop from company to company collecting sexual harassment claims and ruining male workers careers.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I am shocked.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Damn, those girls are hot!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#16]
The one looks like she's been sucking on an Edison base lampholder.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#17]
They get no work done taking vids and selfies all day .
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#18]
That socket's probably mogul base.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I like the one with the pigtails
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Our oldest is going into a male dominated field and we've had discussions about ways to earn respect and ways to lose it.  Things she'll have to be extra cognizant of, things to avoid, etc.  

She was encouraged by one of her professors to attend a conference for women in the industry that was supposedly covering the ^^^^ same things.  

She came home and was not in a good mood.  She tossed the goody bag they gave her onto the couch and looked at us like .  It was a pink tool kit filled with pink tools.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Are they really electricians?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That socket's probably mogul base.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They get no work done taking vids and selfies all day .
View Quote

Yeah something tells me I wouldn't want my site done by the girl who is more worried about looking good for the pictures than getting the safely, correctly, and on time.  Maybe they can do that, but the volume of pictures indicates otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Our oldest is going into a male dominated field and we've had discussions about ways to earn respect and ways to lose it.  Things she'll have to be extra cognizant of, things to avoid, etc.  

She was encouraged by one of her professors to attend a conference for women in the industry that was supposedly covering the ^^^^ same things.  

She came home and was not in a good mood.  She tossed the goody bag they gave her onto the couch and looked at us like .  It was a pink tool kit filled with pink tools.  
View Quote

Pink tools if they were good would prevent theft and well meaning borrowing that can too often become permanent.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#26]
They need a plummer
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#27]

With intense filters we are all hot.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tell her to sell it as a limited edition Barbie® Fixer Grrrl tool set on eBay and buy what she wants.  I bet she was biting her tongue to keep from saying "Is this a joke?" when they handed it to them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#29]
These aren’t the same females that inhabit the local electrical construction scene.
The ones I see…..are different.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#31]
I spent a couple years doing commercial and industrial electrical work. Those girls would cause nothing but trouble on any job site I’ve ever been on.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I've met exactly one competent female electrician in 20+ years in the industry. Women usually don't have the physical strength to do the heavy lifting and that is 100% required to get the respect of the people you work with. Laziness or inability to do any part of the job is called out harshly. Of the 5 or so women I've met at work, only 1 is an actual electrician and still works as one. The mental stuff isn't an issue but if you can't do the whole job you're worthless to us.
View Quote

Here's the exact progression of a female in the trades.

1. Ask for no special treatment
2.  Get accepted to an apprenticeship over better workers(special treatment)
3. Get a job over better workers(special treatment)
4.  Get paraded around by employer to showoff their equal oppurtunity employee(special treatment)
5.  Do minimal actual work(special treatment)
6.  Get shunned by actual workers because of the special treatment.
7.  File a lawsuit against fellow employees because they actually get treated how a shit employee should.
8.  Settle out of court
9.  Go back to step 3
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've met exactly one competent female electrician in 20+ years in the industry. Women usually don't have the physical strength to do the heavy lifting and that is 100% required to get the respect of the people you work with. Laziness or inability to do any part of the job is called out harshly. Of the 5 or so women I've met at work, only 1 is an actual electrician and still works as one. The mental stuff isn't an issue but if you can't do the whole job you're worthless to us.
View Quote

Same here.
But somehow they get around it.
Who's dragging the refrigerator up 2 flights of stairs.....
Not Suzy she's busy installing  a flapper on a toilet conveniently.......
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif

More like she once plugged in a computer and now calls herself an ''electrician.''

The pigtailed one may be, but the frosted blonde, no.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Gandy dancers back in the day:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Pink tools if they were good would prevent theft and well meaning borrowing that can too often become permanent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were very rinky dink.  

My sister bought a pink tool kit for around the house specifically because her husband kept taking her stuff and never putting it back.  Now half of it is laying around his garage.  He is secure in his manhood.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
My wife had a very successful career as a Builder in the USN Seabees. 22 years of service and retired as a Chief Petty Officer.

It took a lot of hard work, she avoided the trap of getting an easy office assignment and fought hard to stay on projects. She focused on becoming an expert in her trade, pulling her weight on the job site and as she moved up in the ranks teaching and taking care of her troops. The people on her projects would work hard for her and her projects were always finished on time or a head of schedule. I'm very proud of what she accomplished.

Being a female in a male dominated environment can be a positive and a negative. All eyes are upon you, when you do good everyone notices but when you do bad Everyone Notices. It's a difficult road. With hard work, staying professional, avoiding the personal drama on the job site and not becoming a stereotype it can be a rewarding career.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Tell her to sell it as a limited edition Barbie® Fixer Grrrl tool set on eBay and buy what she wants.  I bet she was biting her tongue to keep from saying "Is this a joke?" when they handed it to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Knowing her, I'm sure her face said it all.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Neva Ben dun be-fo
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Total BS.
I've never seen girls that look like that or dress like that on a job site.Most are built like a tree stump and as ugly as a bulldawg.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Dusty Gazongas!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I wanna see their hands up close, top and bottom, without filters. Many an interview I conducted began and ended with asking to see an interviewee's hands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like she once plugged in a computer and now call themselves an ''electrician.''

The pigtailed one may be, but the frosted blonde, no.

I wanna see their hands up close, top and bottom, without filters. Many an interview I conducted began and ended with asking to see an interviewee's hands.

I've been in the gas industry for decades, done HVAC and white goods for decades, and had a firewood business before I was in the Mil, my hands don't have a single callous, as soon as I get one, it falls off. Now scars..................my hands and arms are covered with them from sheet metal edges.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#45]
And they're 99.9% useless on the job.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

... Many an interview I conducted began and ended with asking to see an interviewee's hands.
View Quote

Go on.  What happens if they're nice and smooth?

P. S.
Ladies and gentlemen, the one in the pink top will have a nice, big, boudoir.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My wife had a very successful career as a Builder in the USN Seabees. 22 years of service and retired as a Chief Petty Officer.

It took a lot of hard work, she avoided the trap of getting an easy office assignment and fought hard to stay on projects. She focused on becoming an expert in her trade, pulling her weight on the job site and as she moved up in the ranks teaching and taking care of her troops. The people on her projects would work hard for her and her projects were always finished on time or a head of schedule. I'm very proud of what she accomplished.

Being a female in a male dominated environment can be a positive and a negative. All eyes are upon you, when you do good everyone notices but when you do bad Everyone Notices. It's a difficult road. With hard work, staying professional, avoiding the personal drama on the job site and not becoming a stereotype it can be a rewarding career.

View Quote

See it often.  Guy on the job fucks up.  "Tony had his head up his ass today."  Girl on the job has the same fuck up.  "That's why women shouldn't do this job."  

Oh well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

See it often.  Guy on the job fucks up.  "Tony had his head up his ass today."  Girl on the job has the same fuck up.  "That's why women shouldn't do this job."  

Oh well.
View Quote

Because "Chewing out her ass" has a whole different meaning--maybe?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#49]
That girl danced like an idiot. She's a jobsite 10 but not that attractive otherwise
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Yup
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top