Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My hands are pretty scarred up. First major one was from a box cutter a friend was operating when I was 16 working at a grocery store & helping him throw out frozen. 6 stitches on the second knuckle. That same finger decades later got majorly tore up when I was cutting some sheet metal & I gave myself a huge gash on my last knuckle. Over a year before the tendons healed & I could straighten it.

I’ve cut through work gloves so often I don’t even bother wearing them. Fine control is more advantageous to me than minor protection.
View Quote

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of scar tissue...I'm one of those who, if I do get cut, ends up not noticing immediately.
I understand dexterity; there are some tasks best left to a non-gloved hand.
When the gloves are mandatory, I like employment more than dexterity.

I'm just saying, I doubt anyone can tell much from a cursory examination of my hands; because at most, that's all you're getting...if that. I think it'd be a weird request from an interviewer.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Because they don’t actually want to be  working in that field, just like the girls in these videos. I was in the Infantry and now own a construction company. No women Infantry when I was in, but we occasionally had female FOs attached to us. Those did their job and didn’t fuck our guys and create a bunch of drama. No issues other than one of the married joes sniffing around on deployment and we shut that shit down right away.

In my business, I employ a few women. The ones in the field last an average of 2 weeks. The ones in the office do their jobs and don’t fuck the guys. So no, I’m not talking about all women.

I do paint with a broad brush. It’s called generalizing. It’s not always true but it usually is. All humans do this. I’ll also go on record as saying most no-beans chili eaters are losers. So yes, in general, women are not the best electricians. Or Infantrymen. Or weightlifters. Prove me wrong.

I disagree on everything they do or don’t do being judged as being a female. The issue specific to this thread- making dancing tiktok videos while taking your clothes off at work- is something I’ve only seen from women.

I think I already addressed your “3 posts down” point. It’s up to the supervisors to shit it down. There will always be horny men and there will always be women that exploit it. Both suck and need to control that shit at work.

I do have positive thoughts on women, that’s just not the threads created here. Notice I never create these. All of the threads about women on this site are either about dating tips or complaining about them(divorce, mgtow, etc). So this isn’t the place for pats on the back for being a woman. That’s what Reddit is for.

My thoughts on gender are as follows: men are physically stronger and generally better at logical decision making. Women are better at overall communication and nurturing. Both are required. If this offends you then, again, Reddit.
View Quote

This is the first even-handed post on women I've ever seen from you.  I'm the first one to say there's nothing wrong with male or female oriented jobs and they're that way for a reason.  

Not offended in the least.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Not guilty
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Call me back when she grows some Ta-ta’s to play with.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
1, 2
View Quote

1, 1
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By OnlineAllTheTime:

This is the first even-handed post on women I've ever seen from you.  I'm the first one to say there's nothing wrong with male or female oriented jobs and they're that way for a reason.  

Not offended in the least.
View Quote

Well I don’t like making posts that long.

I’m sure that explained my viewpoint better though. Women like your daughter are not the ones I’m talking about when I’m saying these things. It’s the ones in these videos I’m referring to, which happens to be how many behave.

If hoes wanna hoe, great! Just don’t go play dress up as an Infantryman and get people killed because you want attention.

I don’t know what the equivalent for a man would be. If I became a nurse just because I could get a lot of female attention even though I would be horrible at that job? (I would, too)

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/illallowit-195.gif

I'm ok with this.  Anything that shines a positive light on Trades.
View Quote

Yeah, as long as I don't have to work with them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are they really electricians?
View Quote

My first thought was similar. Friend, boyfriend, husband dresses them up and poses them on a job site. Meanwhile, the girls can't even make their way around an ironing board.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I sure haven't seen any women looking like that on any of the job sites around here. Most look like former soft ball players that bat for the other team.
View Quote

Around Houston they are all Hispanic.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well I don’t like making posts that long.

I’m sure that explained my viewpoint better though. Women like your daughter are not the ones I’m talking about when I’m saying these things. It’s the ones in these videos I’m referring to, which happens to be how many behave.

If hoes wanna hoe, great! Just don’t go play dress up as an Infantryman and get people killed because you want attention.

I don’t know what the equivalent for a man would be. If I became a nurse just because I could get a lot of female attention even though I would be horrible at that job? (I would, too)

View Quote

It did, thank you.  Nothing to disagree with here either.  

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#11]
So many punns
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've met exactly one competent female electrician in 20+ years in the industry. Women usually don't have the physical strength to do the heavy lifting and that is 100% required to get the respect of the people you work with. Laziness or inability to do any part of the job is called out harshly. Of the 5 or so women I've met at work, only 1 is an actual electrician and still works as one. The mental stuff isn't an issue but if you can't do the whole job you're worthless to us.
View Quote

My 40 years of experience has been that their brains aren't wired for troubleshooting.  Deductive reasoning and map reading must use the same part of the brain.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Those look like real electricians, just like the IDF girls thread.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm gona need more pics of the blonde, for research
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#17]
That’s all well and good till we start running 4 inch rigid.  Then we find out who’s going to run the oiler while the rest of us run pipe.
I’m not saying there are not women who can be master electricians or be project managers. There are. But electrical work is hard heavy work in nasty conditions and is suited to men. I have worked with women electricians and none of them could keep up when the going got even halfway tough.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#18]
<terminates low volt control wires>

"I'm an electrician!"  
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Simps will be the death of us.

And women shouldn't be doing fucking electrical work.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You're overthinking it. That's not something you ask everyone, just people you're suspicious of.

Me: How much experience do you have?

Interviewee: 10 years.

Me: Why do your hands look like you work in a bank?

Interviewee: I, uh, we'll, um...

Me: Let's go in the shop. I want to see you bend a 4" rigid conduit:

Interviewee: We'll, I haven't done much of that you see...

Me: Next!

View Quote

Gotcha.

In that particular scenario, I'd be thinking to myself, "wtf do they have the bender set up in the shop...who the hell prefabs 4" rigid...probably not a place I want to work...next."

I'm interviewing the employer as much as the employer is interviewing me...
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've met exactly one competent female electrician in 20+ years in the industry. Women usually don't have the physical strength to do the heavy lifting and that is 100% required to get the respect of the people you work with. Laziness or inability to do any part of the job is called out harshly. Of the 5 or so women I've met at work, only 1 is an actual electrician and still works as one. The mental stuff isn't an issue but if you can't do the whole job you're worthless to us.
View Quote

This, I want to see them bending 3/4-1” conduit and pulling some 500 MCM through conduit.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If they are in fact Electricians, I'll guarantee they don't do any work. I've worked on commercial jobsites that had a reasonably attractive woman as a helper/laborer. She didn't have to do shit! Guys from other trades would rush over to "help" her lift, carry or move any material. Even guys that weren't even in the same trade! It was funny as well as pathetic. Like when a woman comes into GD.
View Quote

Sadly, this is WAY to true and it's the tarded [boomer] older men that are far worse then the younger ones as far as doing their work for them.

PS, I'm a late boomer but never bought into that shit, equal pay for equal work is what you wanted, that is what you should get.

If you hire females in a physical labor work environment, you HAVE to put them to work immediately exactly like the guys and make sure the guys aren't going the work, if you don't, you will have a very hard time dealing with both the males and the females and you will, if you put your foot down later, probably have a harassment claim made against you.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

With intense filters we are all hot.
View Quote

No joke. Freaking thots everywhere. Its pathetic.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Would plug in
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Our oldest is going into a male dominated field and we've had discussions about ways to earn respect and ways to lose it.  Things she'll have to be extra cognizant of, things to avoid, etc.  

She was encouraged by one of her professors to attend a conference for women in the industry that was supposedly covering the ^^^^ same things.  

She came home and was not in a good mood.  She tossed the goody bag they gave her onto the couch and looked at us like .  It was a pink tool kit filled with pink tools.  
View Quote

You gotta be kidding me.

If your daughter was nine years old, pink tools would be cute.  Since she is approaching adulthood, that just plain insulting.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You gotta be kidding me.

If your daughter was nine years old, pink tools would be cute.  Since she is approaching adulthood, that just plain insulting.
View Quote
My wife hates the color pink. She rides dual sport motorcycles and dirt bikes, a lot of riding gear for women will have pink highlights in it, she won't buy or wear it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Are they really electricians?
View Quote

They keep getting the shocker.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Would plug in
View Quote

Three prong connector?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You gotta be kidding me.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our oldest is going into a male dominated field and we've had discussions about ways to earn respect and ways to lose it.  Things she'll have to be extra cognizant of, things to avoid, etc.  

She was encouraged by one of her professors to attend a conference for women in the industry that was supposedly covering the ^^^^ same things.  

She came home and was not in a good mood.  She tossed the goody bag they gave her onto the couch and looked at us like .  It was a pink tool kit filled with pink tools.  

You gotta be kidding me.

There are some tools that SHOULD be pink to avoid confusion, like these wheelbarrows.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:37:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Three prong connector?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would plug in

Three prong connector?

Single prong on my end but it will mate with 3 of her receptacles.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Beavis And Butthead - Boing!
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You gotta be kidding me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You gotta be kidding me.

Oh, they were all adults.  

She was also irritated at me before she went because I made her go buy something professional to wear.  She texted me when she got there, "I feel so out of place.  Everyone else is in summer dresses or jeans and I look like an idiot in my pantsuit."  

I texted back that she's going to make a good impression on the people who count (obviously before either of us knew the pink tool kits were coming ).  She relented when she later got pointed out as an example of how to dress properly for the job interviews they'd be going on.  

Me:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would plug in

Three prong connector?

You have a three prong..
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/illallowit-195.gif

I'm ok with this.  Anything that shines a positive light on Trades.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#36]
woodshocker.jpg
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Obviously fake
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

She’s holding a part of the iron that gets extremely hot.
View All Quotes

It really drives home how hard she must work to have calluses that will stand up to 400 degrees!
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Gotcha.

In that particular scenario, I'd be thinking to myself, "wtf do they have the bender set up in the shop...who the hell prefabs 4" rigid...probably not a place I want to work...next."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're overthinking it. That's not something you ask everyone, just people you're suspicious of.

Me: How much experience do you have?

Interviewee: 10 years.

Me: Why do your hands look like you work in a bank?

Interviewee: I, uh, we'll, um...

Me: Let's go in the shop. I want to see you bend a 4" rigid conduit:

Interviewee: We'll, I haven't done much of that you see...

Me: Next!

Gotcha.

Odd response....just very odd.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

We do plenty of prefab for medium voltage jobs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha.

We do plenty of prefab for medium voltage jobs.
We do plenty of pre-fab on every job. We have a 1224, a 555 and an 881MBT set up to do whatever, whenever at the shop.
We'll send the 300s out to the field with 141 and a pony on a small job, or send another 1224 and an electric bender out on a big one. He must be used to small shop operations.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
woodshocker.jpg
View Quote

Highly underrated comment.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of scar tissue...I'm one of those who, if I do get cut, ends up not noticing immediately.

I'm just saying, I doubt anyone can tell much from a cursory examination of my hands; because at most, that's all you're getting...if that. I think it'd be a weird request from an interviewer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My hands are pretty scarred up. First major one was from a box cutter a friend was operating when I was 16 working at a grocery store & helping him throw out frozen. 6 stitches on the second knuckle. That same finger decades later got majorly tore up when I was cutting some sheet metal & I gave myself a huge gash on my last knuckle. Over a year before the tendons healed & I could straighten it.

I’ve cut through work gloves so often I don’t even bother wearing them. Fine control is more advantageous to me than minor protection.

I agree. An interviewer asking to see your hands as part of the process and to determine your worthiness is a huge liability to the company.

“I would be interested in some feedback on why I was passed up for the role, please.”

“You are qualified in every way, but because I’m both psychic and qualified to determine your value based on not only physical traits, but the level of damage to them over your entire lifetime, I just didn’t like the look of your hands.”

“Hello, is this Jim Adler the high power ambulance chasing attorney who goes by The Texas Hammer?  I’d like to discuss a discrimination lawsuit with you.”
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They get no work done taking vids and selfies all day .
View Quote
This. All these attention whores spend more time taking selfies and talking about the women pay gap.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It really drives home how hard she must work to have calluses that will stand up to 400 degrees!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I’d force her to show me her hands if I was interviewing her…
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I'd berry my dik in her
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I know a very pretty woman electrician
Inherited the business from her dad

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Do they work, or just post vids to social media?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Wood zap?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top