Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't like the gay agenda type politics but it's good for everybody that they see the light. More people to stop crime and protect themselves/others and more pro gun voters
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

I wouldn't waste my breath helping the enemy
View Quote

If you watch the video I think it's people like you they don't want to sit next to when they take a class.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That range was trying to sell my wife a CHL badge and gimmick ammo (RBCD) when she took her CHL classes.
View Quote

One battle at a time, but that's pretty damn stupid.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That range was trying to sell my wife a CHL badge and gimmick ammo (RBCD) when she took her CHL classes.
View Quote

Twice???

They're persistent, if nothing else..
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Everything you said is true but, it doesn't touch the *real* problem with LORD-eX-Bu's sentiment. Most gays vote Dem not because they're liberals.

Most of MY gay friends vote Dem because the overwhelming majority of Republicans do stupid shit like publically announce that all gays are perverts, they're going to Hell, their lifestyle is disgusting/disgraceful and conflate their sexuality with pedophilia.

Tell me, would you vote for a candidate that said you disgust them and you were going to Hell?

Most (like 5 in 6) of my gay friends are actually fiscally conservative and want little to no government influence in their lives. They have been duped into voting for liberals because liberals pay lip service to inclusion. Conservatives say dumb ass shit like LORD-eX-Bu did.
View Quote

The RED is why Republicans lose elections.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess the saying is true, there are only two things in Texas
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I guess the saying is true, there are only two things in Texas
View Quote

Mexicans .... don't forget Mexicans
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Have you ever seen a gay person fight for their rights?

This isn't about turning them into republicans. This is about weaponizing the most effective civil rights legal and public relations group in modern history and giving them something new to fight for.

They just won their long running fight to get marriage rights nationwide, they need a new cause.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

This isn't about turning them into republicans. This is about weaponizing the most effective civil rights legal and public relations group in modern history and giving them something new to fight for.

They just won their long running fight to get marriage rights nationwide, they need a new cause.

Exactly.  Double entendre intentional.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Good for them.
Shiloh is only a couple of miles from where I work.
I've been in there a few times.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

We can have a fabulous army, if we're willing to accept them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

Exactly
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope that when they vote for the next president, they consider the candidate most likely to help them preserve their right to defend themselves and not the one most likely to paint the white house pretty colors.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I think it's a good idea.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Shiloh is just a couple miles from my house. It's a new range and one of the nicest in the 25 mile radius around me. I have dropped a ton of coin there and will continue to do so. Good on them for being awesome.

They were awesome before this stunt and now, they're a little awesomer.

They are also the only indoor range in Houston (that I'm aware of) that will let you shoot your AR on their indoor pistol line if you're using frangible ammo. I thought that was kind of neat.
View Quote

Almost went there for my CHL when i moved here but ended up going to a place in the Woodlands, do you know what their Wednesday Night Tactical is about? I see it listed on the range fees but no other info on the webpage? I mostly goto Saddle River which also a pretty new place on 1488, its a pretty nice indoor range.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good. Now do it again. And again. And again.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Almost went there for my CHL when i moved here but ended up going to a place in the Woodlands, do you know what their Wednesday Night Tactical is about? I see it listed on the range fees but no other info on the webpage? I mostly goto Saddle River which also a pretty new place on 1488, its a pretty nice indoor range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shiloh is just a couple miles from my house. It's a new range and one of the nicest in the 25 mile radius around me. I have dropped a ton of coin there and will continue to do so. Good on them for being awesome.

They are also the only indoor range in Houston (that I'm aware of) that will let you shoot your AR on their indoor pistol line if you're using frangible ammo. I thought that was kind of neat.

You mean this, from the website?
Combat Pistol Training (Every Other Wednesday, 7:00pm)
Shiloh Shooting Range brings you the opportunity to train with Larry Ryland, a member of the Special Forces community and a man who has been there and done that. Larry is a Green Beret and affords you the opportunity to learn the skills necessary to defend your life and your loved ones. Train with a warrior. Train like a warrior. Train for VICTORY. This is a high volume shooting class. Students will need a minimum of 200 rounds of ammo, a holster, spare magazines, and mag pouch. All skill levels are welcome. At just $50, this class is the best value in town.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Gun rights are gay's rights just as much as they are ours.
View Quote

I'm glad to read some good news.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Does this mean  if you are anti second amendment you are homophobic now?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Does this mean  if you are anti second amendment you are homophobic now?
View Quote

Well played.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

it wouldn't hurt to give them reason to pause before clicking their next straight party (D) vote.  i bet at least some will clue in to the fact that one side wishes to take advantage of a guy killing a bunch of people at a gay club to remove some more of their rights, and the other wishes to protect those rights that could help keep them from being a victim.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I live about 5 minutes from SRR.

Nice range, but it's a little pricey at $20/hour, and they don't allow steel-cased ammo.

At least they've never asked to check my tax stamps and you can rapid-fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live about 5 minutes from SRR.

Nice range, but it's a little pricey at $20/hour, and they don't allow steel-cased ammo.

At least they've never asked to check my tax stamps and you can rapid-fire.

Yeah it is a few dollars pricier then others, but its pretty nice place and I'm still discovering other ranges. From what I've seen most indoors don't allow steel around here, would love to find a decent one not to far away that does, got a bunch of silver bear and wolf plinking ammo.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They just won their long running fight to get marriage rights nationwide, they need a new cause
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

They just won their long running fight to get marriage rights nationwide, they need a new cause

Very wise observation.  One thing I hope that comes out of this 2016 mess is a back to our roots as Americans attitude and representatives.
We have all be caught in this two party paradigm for wayyy too long.

I hate to sound what people label a "liberal" but  I am in a classical sense. I'd love to come together with my fellow Americans, Christian familys, fags, blacks, Hindus, trannys, whomever.  and stop looking at things through a filter that has been put in-front of us, by God knows who.  Its all bullshit meant to keep us fighting amongst ourselves about trivial things, while our empire is crumbling,  our rights under the Constitution are being sold out and we are being robbed blind by politicians on both sides of the isle.

This is one great bridge the gap move, and shows everyone that they are just people, Americans.

This should be a nationwide movement.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Shiloh Shooting Range brings you the opportunity to train with Larry Ryland, a member of the Special Forces community and a man who has been there and done that. Larry is a Green Beret and affords you the opportunity to learn the skills necessary to defend your life and your loved ones. Train with a warrior. Train like a warrior. Train for VICTORY. This is a high volume shooting class. Students will need a minimum of 200 rounds of ammo, a holster, spare magazines, and mag pouch. All skill levels are welcome. At just $50, this class is the best value in town.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aha yeah, thats it, should of used the same name on the drop down as they do on the range fee's
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Very wise observation.  One thing I hope that comes out of this 2016 mess is a back to our roots as Americans attitude and representatives.

I hate to sound what people label a "liberal" but  I am in a classical sense. I'd love to come together with my fellow Americans, Christian familys, fags, blacks, Hindus, trannys, whomever.  and stop looking at things through a filter that has been put in-front of us, by God knows who.  Its all bullshit meant to keep us fighting amongst ourselves about trivial things, while our empire is crumbling,  our rights under the Constitution are being sold out and we are being robbed blind by politicians on both sides of the isle.

This is one great bridge the gap move, and shows everyone that they are just people, Americans.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Everything you said is true but, it doesn't touch the *real* problem with LORD-eX-Bu's sentiment. Most gays vote Dem not because they're liberals.

Most of MY gay friends vote Dem because the overwhelming majority of Republicans do stupid shit like publically announce that all gays are perverts, they're going to Hell, their lifestyle is disgusting/disgraceful and conflate their sexuality with pedophilia.

Tell me, would you vote for a candidate that said you disgust them and you were going to Hell?

Most (like 5 in 6) of my gay friends are actually fiscally conservative and want little to no government influence in their lives. They have been duped into voting for liberals because liberals pay lip service to inclusion. Conservatives say dumb ass shit like LORD-eX-Bu did.

Exactly.  Every time the Right builds up some momentum, they draw and shoot themselves in the foot and then look wide eyed stupid with palms out wondering why his public damnation is causing outrage.....it's as if each Republican must learn what stupid sh!t not to say by saying it.

How did the Conservatives become so twisted as to advocate being in American Citizens' bedrooms.  The Conservatives are supposed to preserve Constitutional values.  They're the ones who are supposed to say "You cant pick and choose which right to champion".
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

Yes a powerful goup to bring on our side.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oleg Volk has a bunch of good pics on this subject:

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. If the gays come around, they'd be a powerful political ally.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Cool.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

You are very right.

And the Dems don't realize it, but by winning that fight and then dumping the gays they have driven that very vocal, organized and energized group out of their party.  If the gun rights movement can get them to join our side as allies in the fight against the anti-gunners, it would be like adding triple the numbers of "normal" gun rights supporters to the fight.

Adding a group of Tier One political fighters to our side if you will.  They can be a force multiplier for our cause if we welcome them into the camp politically.  And in human terms we need to put a hand out to a group that is asking for help, because who knows then one of us is going to be outnumbered and backed into a corner and then an armed gay will come along who will join the fight and even the odds.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've been to Athena, I prefer Shiloh. YMMV
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jeff and Co over at Shiloh are fantastic people. They go out of their way to create a welcoming environment...particularly for women and new shooters.  You won't find some arrogant prick behind the counter who will ignore you for long periods of time and then make you feel like  an imbecile because you aren't up to speed on the latest tacticool hotness.   They are working hard to create new gun owners who understand the importance of the 2nd Amendment.   And suppressors are freely welcome.

I'm one of their original customers and those guys get my money every chance I get.  And I send everyone I can their way.  Wish more ranges/gun stores/firearm enthusiasts would emulate their model, as we can be our own worst enemies.

Everything you just said is spot on.

I was there for the grand opening and keep going back. I have never been to a more clean, well run and welcoming gun range. Fuck, even the air handlers and ventilation are top notch, no black boogers after a couple boxes of rounds.

It is, in my opinion, the Gold Standard that other ranges could learn a LOT from.

I think for Houston area ranges that'd be Athena.

I've been to Athena, I prefer Shiloh. YMMV

I've never been to Athena, so cannot comment.   But Shiloh is first rate.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#38]
More power to ALL!
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

Welcome to the world of libertarianism through the non-drug rights doorway.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think a lot of you are overlooking the fact that a significant portion of gays are already ON OUR SIDE, ideologically.

They just vote against Republicans because, by and large, conservatives alienate, deride or outright offend them .... seemingly deliberately. They go to Democrats because those people are *inclusive* .... at least, in theory.

I have gay friends who won't read *this* message board because of some of the sentiments that are expressed, right here.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I think a lot of you are overlooking the fact that a significant portion of gays are already ON OUR SIDE, ideologically.

They just vote against Republicans because, by and large, conservatives alienate, deride or outright offend them .... seemingly deliberately. They go to Democrats because those people are *inclusive* .... at least, in theory.

I have gay friends who won't read *this* message board because of some of the sentiments that are expressed, right here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't see a lot of women on *this* message board because some of the sentiments that are expressed here on this board.  Do you think those expressing the sentiments on this message board dislike women or maybe just forgot the locker room was open to all?

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure...inside the gay community is just a majority of conservatives waiting to just out.

Color me unconvinced.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You don't see a lot of women on *this* message board because some of the sentiments that are expressed here on this board.  Do you think those expressing the sentiments on this message board dislike women or maybe just forgot the locker room was open to all?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this board, like real life, has a pretty wide cross section of humanity represented. You'll note, *I* read this board. In fact, I participate, nearly, daily.

If I were gay, I probably wouldn't hang out here as much as I do. Similarly, I doubt spend much time here, at all, if I were a woman.

Some of the posters here, and I'll stipulate that it's a vocal minority, are caustic when it comes to some subjects and emboldened by the fact that they won't have to defend their sentiments in real life.

Just sayin' is all.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sure...inside the gay community is just a majority of conservatives waiting to just out.

Color me unconvinced.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Color me unconvinced.

Where did I say that?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Welcome to the world of libertarianism through the non-drug rights doorway.
View Quote

So "open borders" libertarians are all about American Exceptionalism?

I mean, we've got 40 years of near borders immigration for certain groups, and there has been no change in American identity politics, AMIRITE?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Rights for Everyone!  That's the American Way.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Only 400?  

It is Texas after all.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Gun rights are gay's rights just as much as they are ours everyone's rights .
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Where did I say that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Color me unconvinced.

Where did I say that?

When you said that 80% of your gay friends are fiscal conservatives who won't vote for Republicans in a national election because the guy running for County Commission in Bumfuck, East Dakota got quoted by Yahoo for an anti-gay slur on his Twitter.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

When you said that 80% of your gay friends are fiscal conservatives who won't vote for Republicans in a national election because the guy running for County Commission in Bumfuck, East Dakota got quoted by Yahoo for an anti-gay slur on his Twitter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Color me unconvinced.

Where did I say that?

Well, that's not what I said, either.

However, I'd say 5 out of 6 of my gay friends *are* conservatives, or libertarian. That's sample bias though. I don't hang out with many people who are flaming liberals, generally speaking. Honestly, the vast majority of my friends *aren't* even gay. So, that's an even further narrowing of the sample.

Now, if you want to discuss what I said, we can do that. If you want to continue to misrepresent my argument, you'll have to do it all by yourself.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top