Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/8/2019 12:49:46 PM EDT
Do not count courtesy taps for a green light. We're talking a solid "BRAAAAAAAAAAA"

On the way to work, some idiot tried to back out of their driveway in a 35 and almost hit me, they got the horn. No creeping either just "Well time to back out without looking at 10mph"

Then I'm getting lunch, and there's a guy doing 45mph on the interstate. No big deal, I see him a mile away and proactively change lanes. As I'm passing him going 60, this old man just starts lazily drifting into my lane.

Anyways, I don't think I've had a two horn day in a long time. I probably go months without using my horn. I bet we have some blasters on here though.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Every day.
They just won't get the hell out of the way.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Every fucking day around here.

Always some jackass retard on their phone or some old fuck that can't see shit.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
All the time.

Something about country roads and morons who cross over the center lines coming at you head-on.  I can't make it down my main road without a life-flashes-before-my-eyes experience.

Someone just got killed out here(turned out to be DUI in the middle of the day) but it's a horrible problem here in central VA.

It's a felony to throw things at vehicles, otherwise I'd have a bag of donut holes for these people.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Hardly ever....

Why?  Because modern vehicles suck.

Anyone else with a Wrangler JK that has that annoying delay between the time you hit the horn to the time it makes a noise.

"Horn-by-wire" I guess.....
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
About once a week to avoid accidents not to point out the ass-holes in traffic doing dumb-ass things.

(it would never shut off if I used it for that)
View Quote
I have a buddy who just holds it down for like a full minute while pointing at the offender.

He's 6'7" so he has a long ass wingspan. It's hilarious.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Daily.  UT drivers are the worst in the nation.

I'm waiting for my train horns to arrive.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I honestly don't remember the last time I used it, and that was probably to get a dog out of the road.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Almost never, almost. I absolutely hate the sound of a horn.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Almost every single day lately.

People here cannot stay in lanes for some reason.

I took to installing a pair of Hella Super Tones in my daily driver. They get attention.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#11]
About once a week for me
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I always honk at coyotes. That's about it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe 2-3 times a year.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I haven't used a car horn in over 5 years. It's just rude.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#15]
At least once, often several times every day.

I honk at anyone who appears to be inattentive.  The most common situations are 1) people failing to look the right direction and running a stop sign and 2) people looking at hand-held devices.

I wore out the factory horns on my 1998 Nissan Pathfinder.  I replaced them with a junkyard-scored pair from an old Mercedes.  They're REALLY loud.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought my car in 2006, and I have never blown the horn. I am not an ass.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm pretty rare too, but it's an important safety feature. I saved two fender benders today.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
All the time. People sit at traffic lights on the phone and need to be reminded the light is green
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#19]
A lot.

You have to be on your game driving here in SoCal.

I don’t think I used it yesterday, but I definitely did the day before when some idiot veered into my lane to get around left turning traffic that was backed up in their lane.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Too often. Mainly people sitting at green lights in front of me, glued to their God damn phone.

The other thing is, to get to work, I have to make a right turn going west and turning north, at a continuous flow intersection. East West traffic gets ONE green light. North south traffic is heavy as hell at that time of the morning, so turning right on a red light is almost impossible. Left and right turners are supposed to turn at the same time on green.  A thing happens so regularly at this intersection that I have to use my horn constantly. Sometimes I lay on it, if the fucker in front of me just won't go. What happens is, a lot of people sit at the green light and DONT turn, because they're afraid of the left turners swinging wide. Some of them do. You have to time your right turn, so that the left turner into the middle lane can clearly see you, and would be on your rear quarter panel once you both turn. Anyway, it drives me nucking futs having these ignorant drivers who don't know what a damn green light means wasting my time.

MS Paint for reference.

Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Once a month, if that.  If there’s a problem that I can’t just wait out, I’m typically too busy driving my way out of it to blow the horn.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#22]
The biggest issue here is dumbasses who want to wait until they're five feet from the intersection to cut over into the left turn lane.  I guess they have full faith and credence in their insurance carrier.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
So, you’d rather let someone plow into you or get plowed by you than be “rude” with your horn?
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I installed an air horn on my motorcycle.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Over 30 years on the road, haven’t ever used it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Every fucking day... thanks DC
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#27]
“courtesy tap”

It’s actually “put down the fucking phone and drive you narcissistic piece of shit”
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Can't remember blowing horn at another car.

Deer almost daily

Tardy wife piddling around when its time to go ... ahhh ... monthly
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Too often. Mainly people sitting at green lights in front of me, glued to their God damn phone.
View Quote
This is the only time I use mine. Even then I don’t lay on it, just a quick “nudge nudge.”

I try to not be an asshole, even if other people on the road are.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I installed an air horn on my motorcycle.
View Quote
Years ago I installed dual FIAMM horns on my P200E. Those were effing loud. Sounded like a Cadillac.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Very rarely.
I prefer just cussing to myself.
Works just as well.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Almost never.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I cant remember the last time I did
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Basically never. That doesn't mean I don't fantasize about fishtailing them off the road and then kicking the crap out of them.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Not often, but when I do, I try to use it long enough to both annoy the offending driver and let them and other drivers know what a jackass the offender is. Like..a horn beep long enough for my wife to yell at me.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Maybe once or twice in 5 years.

It takes something really stupid and dangerous to make me honk. But if I do, it's "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!"
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Almost never, almost. I absolutely hate the sound of a horn.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Nearly every day on my way to work, to get the idiot in front of me to pull his or her head out of their ass when the light turns green.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Cant remember when
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Once a year at State Inspection time.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I use my horn probably 2x a month. Usually when someone cuts me off, runs a red light, or blows through a stop sign.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#42]
So many damn turkeys around here, i beep at them all the time.  It really gets 'em out of the way. They don't seem to be afraid of the car but they don't like the noise.

The deer just stop and stare. Get outta' the road, dumbass.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#43]
I used it just the other day for the first time in a blue moon. Car full of kids stopped at a green light, driver was texting. Retards! I would have preferred a mag dump into the air to refocus their attention but that probably wouldn't have been appropriate.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Every chance I get.

Try riding a motorcycle that doesn't have loud pipes.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Every fucking day around here.

Always some jackass retard on their phone or some old fuck that can't see shit.
View Quote
Fucking boomers
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Maybe once or twice in 5 years.

It takes something really stupid and dangerous to make me honk. But if I do, it's "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!"
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This is the only time I use mine. Even then I don’t lay on it, just a quick “nudge nudge.”

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all fine and dandy until your new DIY custom horn job switches to constant on and you scare the high school girl in front of you by following her for 4 blocks while angrily pounding on the steering wheel to get it to turn off.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#48]
I commute in and out of Boston every day.  I use my horn more than most people use their brakes.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That's all fine and dandy until your new DIY custom horn job switches to constant on and you scare the high school girl in front of you by following her for 4 blocks while angrily pounding on the steering wheel to get it to turn off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the only time I use mine. Even then I don't lay on it, just a quick "nudge nudge."

Oh, shit!

Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top